Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Hot keys would be nice though.

Function keys switch between profiles don't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

DancingShade posted:

I'm not sure having 6 abilities with individual cooldowns is somehow worse than being restricted to 3 abilities with individual cooldowns.

Too confusing? Just use the 3 you like most then.

There's so many abilities and you get so many points and I maxxed out so much random poo poo yet I only ever used Overload, Incinerate and Tactical Cloak.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Yeah after a certain point in the game I just didn't see the point in switching to my crummy, underlevelled Vanguard profile when I could obliterate people with my standard boring Concussive Shot > Turbocharge > Pull Soldier build. Like, if the game presented you with a bunch of situations that challenged you in different ways and actually made it necessary to switch to different profiles for different encounters, sure, but you can pretty much roll over the game with whatever you feel like, so there's not much of a pressure to change unless you enjoy it. Plus the cooldowns thing actually usually puts you at a disadvantage for switching.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Android Blues posted:

Yeah after a certain point in the game I just didn't see the point in switching to my crummy, underlevelled Vanguard profile when I could obliterate people with my standard boring Concussive Shot > Turbocharge > Pull Soldier build. Like, if the game presented you with a bunch of situations that challenged you in different ways and actually made it necessary to switch to different profiles for different encounters, sure, but you can pretty much roll over the game with whatever you feel like, so there's not much of a pressure to change unless you enjoy it. Plus the cooldowns thing actually usually puts you at a disadvantage for switching.

I am still glad it doesn't force you to switch around, I can't be bothered with stuff like that. Like the equivalent of having different gear sets in a MMOG.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've generally only switched power sets by just completely re-speccing. The classless system is really great for letting you be whatever without having to restart to have access to "that cool power I feel like trying out".

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've been doing Charge/Singularity/Omni Grenade as a Vanguard, and I was just dumping all my other points into passives. What other power should I use to prime detonations? Pull, or Annihilation?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Charge won't detonate on annihilation.

The grenades probably do more damage than a biotic combo anyway.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
I feel like the only reason to have Peebee around is her bickering with Lexi. Actually, I kind of like Lexi. Wish she was a combat companion instead. Make her a combat medic on the Pathfinder support team or something, keep her nonromanceable.

Also Drack is pretty one note, even if that one note is pretty cool. What if instead of being a grumpy Krogan grandpa she was a grumpy Krogan grandma? She saw the end of the Krogan rebellions, was sterilized by the genophage, has personal experience of seeing her egg clutches die, and went "gently caress it" and became a merc?

Incorporate some elements of Wrex (Shepard) or Eve (who both realize that the Krogan as perpetual warrior thing is nonconducive to long term species viability), have her be at odds with Morda but lacking the drive or personality to lead, and you have a much more fleshed out character. Krogan shotgun gramps is cool, true, but Krogan shotgun nana would be even cooler.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

I've been doing Charge/Singularity/Omni Grenade as a Vanguard, and I was just dumping all my other points into passives. What other power should I use to prime detonations? Pull, or Annihilation?

Incinerate not good enough for you? You don't want to light dudes on fire before you lift them off the ground and then fly into them at Mach 3???

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I kinda do, but I figured since I'm using the Vanguard profile any tech powers I use will be gimped to hell and have long recharge times and stuff.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Nova you heathen. Charges brother is Nova

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Halloween Jack posted:

I kinda do, but I figured since I'm using the Vanguard profile any tech powers I use will be gimped to hell and have long recharge times and stuff.

Nah it doesn't make that big of a difference at all and Incinerate will help a lot against Armor.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mars4523 posted:

Incorporate some elements of Wrex (Shepard) or Eve (who both realize that the Krogan as perpetual warrior thing is nonconducive to long term species viability), have her be at odds with Morda but lacking the drive or personality to lead, and you have a much more fleshed out character. Krogan shotgun gramps is cool, true, but Krogan shotgun nana would be even cooler.

Oh yeah that's just what Ryder and the Player needs. Between Nana Krogan and SAM telling us to its cold bring a sweater Ryder would be a tongue massaging a pistol in no time.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Oh yeah forgot to say that gender swap Drack idea is dumb as hell

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Like there's one character in this game that everyone agrees actually works and rules like hell and you're like "Hmm, I wish this guy was my mommy"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Goddamn it SAM, I do not have new email. Christ you'd think ships with FTL drives would have improved on Yahoo Mail.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I liked having an explorer profile for tooling around and popping armored wildlife, a Vanguard profile when a bunch of dudes need killing, and a nigh unkillable sentinel profile with backlash for boss fights. Being able to walk around getting shot makes boss fights a lot more tolerable so you're not cowering all the time.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

BexGu posted:

SAM telling us to its cold bring a sweater
This one of the worst flaws in the game. Eventually I got used to it but goddamn is it annoying.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The Krogan are better if you pretend they are mono gendered males, this way the fact that the in game female Krogan voices all sound just like flamboyantly gay males is funny

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Weirdly enough Nakmor Kesh is voiced by the same actress who played Josephine in DAI

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Let's all take a moment to remember just how badass ME3 was

https://youtu.be/FS6JomvKxhs

Can anyone sync this with Undertaker's Titantron entrance music circa 2004?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Imagine killing kai leng and then the freaking cymbal hits and poo poo gets wild

https://youtu.be/a4lS9Q2lrbU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

The Krogan are better if you pretend they are mono gendered males, this way the fact that the in game female Krogan voices all sound just like flamboyantly gay males is funny

What the hell?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Arglebargle III posted:

What the hell?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JK56xU8j5EQ

Warning: you can't go back

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

tooterfish posted:

It's a fucker of a system because it really discourages experimentation. You need to focus on one or two things per tree.
But almost all of the good stuff is Milky Way. I just need to teach my guns to shoot plasma and I'm good.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

This one of the worst flaws in the game. Eventually I got used to it but goddamn is it annoying.

All of the dialogue going over itself and hearing your companions say "This looks interesting!!" when you've cleared something out is the worst flaw in the game.
The flags for dialogue are all hosed up all over and that includes mining and being cold.

quote:

But almost all of the good stuff is Milky Way. I just need to teach my guns to shoot plasma and I'm good.
I wish that was true because I had bucketloads of milky way stuff. The Remnant weapons were my favourite because I don't like ammo or reloading.

Taear fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 25, 2017

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Haha yeah I've had two lines play over each other in conversions before.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

So is Drack the fan favorite squadmate? Maybe he'll be the new Garrus and be in all the games as #1 Bro.

I would like Lexi to return, though. She probably has the best chances since she's like the new Chakwas.

Those two were my favorite characters. Them and Cora.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

NikkolasKing posted:

So is Drack the fan favorite squadmate? Maybe he'll be the new Garrus and be in all the games as #1 Bro.

I would like Lexi to return, though. She probably has the best chances since she's like the new Chakwas.

Those two were my favorite characters. Them and Cora.

They need to give Lexi her own face first.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Android Blues posted:

Havarl's main quest is execrable and you can't explore Havarl without having a note from teacher about being allowed to go into x building and do y quest. Like, if you try to explore you just run into a bunch of bridges that don't extend and doors that don't open until you come back with the third step in the maddeningly dull vault quest.

Arglebargle III posted:

What kills me about Havarl is how goddamn great the environment ideas are. An ancient city reclaimed by the jungle built over a cyclopean abyss? Sign me up! That's exactly the sort of cool poo poo the game was selling. And then it's just fetch quests and bizarre conversations in this gorgeous and tantalizing environment.
The forest-for-the-trees truth about Havarl, no pun intended, is that the landscape is dominated by huge Remnant towers and all the jungle is just a veneer, which feels even more obvious when you're literally walking through it. Havarl is the Remnant Vault Planet, not the jungle planet, and nothing that isn't Remnant related matters.

Slim Killington posted:

Havarl has completely killed my motivation to play any more of this game.
What, you don't like spending hours jump-jetting around terrain you can't see through, only to realize that you're not actually supposed to explore the landscape?

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

precision posted:

Goddamn it SAM, I do not have new email. Christ you'd think ships with FTL drives would have improved on Yahoo Mail.

This is SAM working out his humor programming by repeatedly pranking you.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Let's all take a moment to remember just how badass ME3 was

https://youtu.be/FS6JomvKxhs

Is the difference between Renegade and Paragon really just whether or not you break his sword first?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I dunno, I could still see a sequel working for ME:A that fixes some of its setting problems.

Some of the lose ends might be fixed in DLC the Quarian Ark for sure

Here's my lame sir-this-is-the-macdonalds-drivethrough sequel pitch:

5 years later, Helius has been built up, Ryder discovers a Remnant gate (or something similar) that leads to another cluster, only this cluster is populated with the Andromeda equivalent of the Citadel and Andromeda-style Citadel races (addresses the lack of aliens).

Diplomacy mission time! Ryder and his gang head to the New-Citadel when Cora (who will be our main villain for the story) activates "Cerberus Protocol", takes over the Nexus and tries to enslave the Andromeda-citadel-races. Why? I don't know...maybe they want Rem-tech or the gates or something.

Its up to Ryder to find his/her team, by exploring the new cluster, patching things up with the new-races (heyyy...3-4 planets, I recognize that progression), and going on a suicide run back through the gate to retake the Nexus and stop Cora.

Got enemy factions to fight:
- Neo-Cerberus
- The new citadel races
- I dunno...Khett? Maybe they're a problem everywhere.

Works for me.

Also scrap the open world thing, and go back to the ME2-3 hub/mission style of levels.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
^^^^^^^^E: gently caress no, not Cerberus again. I'd literally rather have elder scrolls mud crabs to fight against.

I generally swapped between two profiles, Vanguard with Charge, Nova, Energy Drain, and Sentinel with Overload, Incinerate, Energy Drain.
I focused a lot on combos, and had at least one combo damage augment in every piece of gear. Then bring along any combination of Drack, Vetra, and Cora for their primer ammo. Stuff was exploding literally all the time, and it was glorious.

Groetgaffel fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 25, 2017

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

The forest-for-the-trees truth about Havarl, no pun intended, is that the landscape is dominated by huge Remnant towers and all the jungle is just a veneer, which feels even more obvious when you're literally walking through it. Havarl is the Remnant Vault Planet, not the jungle planet, and nothing that isn't Remnant related matters.

What, you don't like spending hours jump-jetting around terrain you can't see through, only to realize that you're not actually supposed to explore the landscape?

WE HATE OUTSIDERS

*builds a forward post, never hears from the sages again*

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Are Kai Leng's goggles kinda racist?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taear posted:

WE HATE OUTSIDERS

*builds a forward post, never hears from the sages again*

I'll make it simple for you;

Everyone you meet in Andromeda, every place you visit, is just a blatant transparent signpost to send you to the next one. There is no larger setting or narrative around them to provide depth to the Cluster at-large, everything only exists for their brief ten-to-fifteen minutes of content and are then immediately forgotten because you the player are supposed to be focused on the next one.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Zero VGS posted:

Are Kai Leng's goggles kinda racist?
Kai Leng is a perfect metaphor for his creator Mac Walters: poo poo in every possible way.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Groetgaffel posted:

Kai Leng is a perfect metaphor for his creator Mac Walters: poo poo in every possible way.
I'm Mac Walters is responsible for Kai Leng???? Why did they rehire him :wtc:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

a primate posted:

I'm Mac Walters is responsible for Kai Leng???? Why did they rehire him :wtc:

They never fired him. He was just left holding the bag with ME:Andromeda because everyone else jumped ship on Bioware a year ago.

Seriously though, I'm generally not one for the "they should fire this guy" line with bad games but when you tank an entire fanbase's goodwill for your own lovely three-option ending that goes against what's been adamantly re-stated for five years ("We will never do something as simple as a binary-choice ending, it will be an amalgamation of all your choices throughout the trilogy!"), your rear end should be getting a pinkslip and a kick out the door. And thankful for not getting a lawsuit crammed up where the boot went for damages to the company brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Lol how pathetic would you have to be sue BioWare over a video game ending