Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
The combination of all pigments is an earthy brown color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
So what is the deal with the cult of personality around Joe "Creepy uncle" Biden? Sure, he's not Hillary but I don't see the greatness other than he has kept going even though he has been through some pretty big tragedies. Was it that people read all those quite funny onion articles about him and started taking that poo poo seriously?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm not reading it unless Hilary personally cries on my copy. I could probably then use the book as a salt shaker.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So what is the deal with the cult of personality around Joe "Creepy uncle" Biden? Sure, he's not Hillary but I don't see the greatness other than he has kept going even though he has been through some pretty big tragedies. Was it that people read all those quite funny onion articles about him and started taking that poo poo seriously?

He's better at making speeches and he exhibits human traits. That gives him a real edge in politics.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

It's basically that.

He's a slightly less lovely corporatist democrat from delaware who loves wall street and drug wars

However since he comes off as human he seems much better to a lot of people than hillary

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

i've been unable to understand this either. dude is a creeper and shill for the mic/neoliberal agenda and people seem to think he is a radical dooder like whaaaaaat

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Yug posted:

If Ross Perot won in 1992 he would have saved us all.

Amen. Just lookit them charts.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Remember when more Americans were dying every day from opioid overdoses than were dying from complications of AIDS at the peak of the HIV crisis and one of the presidential candidates took the podium to declare that a cartoon frog was evil

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

skasion posted:

Remember when more Americans were dying every day from opioid overdoses than were dying from complications of AIDS at the peak of the HIV crisis and one of the presidential candidates took the podium to declare that a cartoon frog was evil

Yeah I remember that.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

skasion posted:

well you see those people were poor and live outside of cities so -- *loses elections to an orange joke*

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
What always gets me is that some DNC turd was probably paid more in a month than I make in a year to come up with "America is great because America is good."

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

rezatahs posted:

i've been unable to understand this either. dude is a creeper and shill for the mic/neoliberal agenda and people seem to think he is a radical dooder like whaaaaaat

Biden is creepy and probably would have been somewhere to the right of Obama/Hillary as president, but his "im not running" speech was full of Bernie talking points which was absolutely hilarious and combined with the Onion version of him being a cool dude probably did a lot to create this perception

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MeatwadIsGod posted:

What always gets me is that some DNC turd was probably paid more in a month than I make in a year to come up with "America is great because America is good."

You are now remembering "Dangerous Donald" which just made him sound badass.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
CHAOS CANDIDATE

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

skasion posted:

Biden is creepy and probably would have been somewhere to the right of Obama/Hillary as president, but his "im not running" speech was full of Bernie talking points which was absolutely hilarious and combined with the Onion version of him being a cool dude probably did a lot to create this perception

The dude has a history of lifting talking points. In fact, it tanked his 1988 presidential bid. Lol

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Gammatron 64 posted:

If anything, I just kinda feel like a disenfranchised voter. One of the only people in Washington who actually represented my interests got thrown under a bus. It's really evident that both major parties in the US are complete poo poo, and third parties are a joke. I voted for Hillary very begrudgingly. I might not bother voting again at this rate. When both choices would gladly stomp on my face, that doesn't give me a lot of incentive to pick one.

And what do you know, I'm not alone because voter turnout was absolutely abysmal and the worst it's ever been.

I used to be a Democrat but now I'm just... nothing. If they run Hillary again or someone like Mark Zuckerburg who has been considering a run, I absolutely won't vote.

I also voted Hillary and felt awful about it (In WA so it doesn't really matter anyways). She's everything we need to get out of Politics, but there's no I was believing anything Trump said during the campaign. When Trump won, I was embarrassed for the country on the international scene, but there were some mixed feelings there.

Every cycle they seem to make the choices worse and worse... Who knows what next election will bring!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

skasion posted:

I thought it was supposed to be one of those obvious parodies. If it was, it's one of the only funny things the onion has done in months. If there's one thing I can certainly loathe the MSM for, it's their cooption of satire to serve their machine (so, not satire at all, really). They took a name that had years of consistently great material and turned it into punch and loving judy.

gently caress the idiots who are too pussified to laugh at everything, and gently caress those embarrassing soap opera sluts at univision.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I feel like Orange Julius is an under represented name for the Donald

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

spacetoaster posted:

Amen. Just lookit them charts.

I wasted my vote and voted for him in that election.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Yug posted:

You are now remembering "Dangerous Donald" which just made him sound badass.

Came right out the Mad Max name thread

Antiquated Pants posted:

I also voted Hillary and felt awful about it (In WA so it doesn't really matter anyways). She's everything we need to get out of Politics, but there's no I was believing anything Trump said during the campaign. When Trump won, I was embarrassed for the country on the international scene, but there were some mixed feelings there.

Every cycle they seem to make the choices worse and worse... Who knows what next election will bring!

Beast Rabban/Feyd Rautha 2024

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

If anything, I just kinda feel like a disenfranchised voter. One of the only people in Washington who actually represented my interests got thrown under a bus. It's really evident that both major parties in the US are complete poo poo, and third parties are a joke. I voted for Hillary very begrudgingly. I might not bother voting again at this rate. When both choices would gladly stomp on my face, that doesn't give me a lot of incentive to pick one.

And what do you know, I'm not alone because voter turnout was absolutely abysmal and the worst it's ever been.

I used to be a Democrat but now I'm just... nothing. If they run Hillary again or someone like Mark Zuckerburg who has been considering a run, I absolutely won't vote.

if you're mad about lovely Democrats consider that every one of the Clinton crowd is still permanently one word away from an apoplectic tantrum over Nader stealing "their" votes

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

skasion posted:

Beast Rabban/Feyd Rautha 2024

At least Rabban comes down to the slave pits to whip us and laugh like a jackal at our misery. Lyin' Feyd just sits up in a tower, crossdressing and doing drugs.

Sebastien Lenorman
Apr 12, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

He has a long history of public service, doesnt seem to be hiding his true personality or intentions for political points and is a white man.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I also remember him clowning on Paul Ryan during their 2012 debate which definitely endeared me to him.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

jesus christ can they all take phenobarbitol and join the comet already

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
longshot in Hillary's defense: I'd swallow my pride and also her pussy juice if she told us the truth about aliens like she once said she would.

But if Carter fell in line with the defense industry's gag order I don't doubt for millisecond that she wouldn't do the same

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'd spend the rest of my life drinking juice squeezed by a juicero using hillary clintons ostomy bags

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

LOL.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
how come no one defended Geraldine Ferraro this much

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I take it all back. She might have won if she were a man.

:eyepop:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I'd spend the rest of my life drinking juice squeezed by a juicero using hillary clintons ostomy bags

It won't work without the correct QR code

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Toadvine posted:

longshot in Hillary's defense: I'd swallow my pride and also her pussy juice if she told us the truth about aliens like she once said she would.

But if Carter fell in line with the defense industry's gag order I don't doubt for millisecond that she wouldn't do the same

the truth is they know about all of them but people like the clintons don't work for the ones of the light. they work for the enslavers :greenangel:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

IDGI. Like half the countries worth mentioning had women leaders by now, why's US so special. Freaking India had a female PM in the early 80s...

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

I think my favorite thing about Hillary is her decades-spanning quest for power, amassing wealth and influence in all the networks that matter, hobbling every rival, having the media behemoth on her side and a hand-picked slimeball in the opposite corner, and she whiffs. Hard.

It's honestly forced me to reconsider whether money and media are as capable of shaping big events as I'd previously assumed they could.

Same. It's shaken the simplistic idea that media is just a way to turn money into power. It is, but it's still unreliable

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

phasmid posted:

gently caress the idiots who are too pussified to laugh at everything

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Colonel Cancer posted:

IDGI. Like half the countries worth mentioning had women leaders by now, why's US so special. Freaking India had a female PM in the early 80s...

And she was a violent warmonger who massacred her own people

In fact most female PMs have been warmongers or else just complete lunatics

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

I feel like Orange Julius is an under represented name for the Donald

-misrepresented his net worth while leveraging heavily
-used clever tricks to hide thinning hair
-evaded justice on his rise to power
-claims inviolability while in power
-ostensibly populist while being actually imperialist

totally fits

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

white_noise posted:

-misrepresented his net worth while leveraging heavily
-used clever tricks to hide thinning hair
-evaded justice on his rise to power
-claims inviolability while in power
-ostensibly populist while being actually imperialist

totally fits

You forgot "will be murdered by corrupt pedophilic elites"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

And she was a violent warmonger who massacred her own people

In fact most female PMs have been warmongers or else just complete lunatics

But does that speak more to the traits of women or more to what it takes for an outsider to gain authority in the western system?

• Locked thread