Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Like I said, I never actually paid attention to the daily guild activities in the slightest.There are not tied to raid tickets so why care?

1) Giving more people an opportunity to double up on challenges increases the amount of guild credit everyone gets.
2) Precharging another guild gives us all extra raids.
3) better name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Malgrin posted:

Which timers are you having a hard time with?

The dailies are one. Not a huge deal but still demotivating to get in. The biggest issue is the 11am/11pm EST roll over time for raids. 11am is before lunch break; 11pm is when my wife normally goes to bed so spend time with her before I go downstairs and live my man cave basement fantasies at like midnight.

Maybe it's just me but you guys from the old guild know I was a poo poo ton more active than now. But if we are working on a plan then count me in.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

1) Giving more people an opportunity to double up on challenges increases the amount of guild credit everyone gets.
2) Precharging another guild gives us all extra raids.
3) better name

Being that I came up with IGD, I reject this lore.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

DarkRefreshment posted:

The dailies are one. Not a huge deal but still demotivating to get in. The biggest issue is the 11am/11pm EST roll over time for raids. 11am is before lunch break; 11pm is when my wife normally goes to bed so spend time with her before I go downstairs and live my man cave basement fantasies at like midnight.

Maybe it's just me but you guys from the old guild know I was a poo poo ton more active than now. But if we are working on a plan then count me in.

The difficulty of having a universally acceptable raid time is one of my biggest frustrations. We could push raid times back by an hour (9 am/pm pacific). I'm unsure what this does to euro/asian players, though.

Secondly, one of the things you can personally do to mitigate is to start the raid fight at or before the raid time, and then just pause the app. As long as you get your damage done before the raid payout occurs, your damage will count for you. In the case of the Rancor, this means about 1 hour and 45 minutes after the start time.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I wish the app was reliable enough that I old do that. Half the time when I pause it and task switch it just dies in the background and the app starts again from scratch next time I open it.

korofrog
Dec 15, 2006
smell my face!!!

Malgrin posted:

Hey IGD Goons (and really anyone else that has an alt with no home)

I'm starting a new guild. For now, that guild will just be for alts. I'm trying to get a better time zone for IGD, and the timezone on one of my alts puts guild reset at 2:30 PM Pacific time...so, actually possible for our Euros (something like 10-11 PM, as opposed to 3 AM), and way better for everyone else. Old time zone was 7:30 PM pacific. In addition to giving us a better, new time zone, we'll be able to save up 150k raid tickets over the next month, so we get a bunch of extra raids.

The more people that join me, the faster that will go. It takes a couple days of very little effort to get a hero to the point they can join a guild, and since you won't be using crystals for anything other than 2x standard refreshes per day, you can also spend 30 per day on sim tickets so you don't have to be bored and run things on auto (except the first time). If you just clear all the hard nodes on the first level for light and dark, simming those is pretty easy, and uses fewer tickets. Additionally, you'll get extra xp for doing missions, which will turn into levels and more energy, so you really just need to login at noon to get your free 90 energy, plus your daily ~150 energy (you can't save up much when you're low level). This only takes a couple minutes a day once you get this running, and it will give IGD several extra raids for doing this.

Alt Ally Code: 688-251-247

I'm in Mal. I'm already allies with you. In game name is g00ru. Let me know when you need more people over there.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Looks like I'm finally getting the shaft in this game as a FTP. For the first time at level 67 in Galactic War, I had to face Baze and Chirrut. I beat the team, but with two casualties, and it was the 3rd to last node. It left me hosed for the last two.

It seems some shards were merged, because now I can't get in top 100 squad arena, because they're filled with pay to win squads.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:siren::siren::siren: IT'S HAPPENING :siren::siren::siren:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106601/r2-d2-is-almost-here#latest

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Sweet. Another 3 star character.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
He's droppin' 5*, which means... he's probably going to be the reward for the next raid, or some kind of extremely rare event a la yoda/palpatine.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
They made a big deal about him being Chopper's rival. I wonder if they'll make us use the rebels and put them back in the shop again.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Probably an Empire or FO style event where I need to grind three months to simply get him and toss him on the to-finish pile like Trophy Yoda. Poor Jedi.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
If he's getting all those tags maybe they can fix Kylo to be Sith, too.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Aleth posted:

If he's getting all those tags maybe they can fix Kylo to be Sith, too.

Granted I am not at all up to date on the new lore but I thought he was just a generic dark sider, not a Sith.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Yeah his whole schtick is that he's a wannabe Sith, not a real one.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Mr. Neutron posted:

Granted I am not at all up to date on the new lore but I thought he was just a generic dark sider, not a Sith.

He isn't Sith and I think that was his point. Besides, Kylo not being Sith on a zMaul team is actually a good thing. Kylo likes to be hit and if you're entire team is stealthed the enemy can target whoever they like. Without the Sith tag he doesn't stealth and effectively tanks for your team.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Dr. Venture posted:

He isn't Sith and I think that was his point. Besides, Kylo not being Sith on a zMaul team is actually a good thing. Kylo likes to be hit and if you're entire team is stealthed the enemy can target whoever they like. Without the Sith tag he doesn't stealth and effectively tanks for your team.

Making him effectively another Sun Fac, in some ways, who is the bane of my existence. I really loving hate retribution + taunt.

Dely Apple posted:

Probably an Empire or FO style event where I need to grind three months to simply get him and toss him on the to-finish pile like Trophy Yoda. Poor Jedi.

The final stage requires 5 5* FO characters. :P

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

tadashi posted:

The final stage requires 5 5* FO characters. :P

Oh good, I already got there for the offense challenge. As soon as I get another 100 shards for CS (~1 month), I can stop farming him, and work on getting FOST to 7*.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
lol if you're not farming baze shards, just lol

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

lol if you're not farming baze shards, just lol

Me? Right now I'm farming JC's Ship, Geo's Ship/DK, Baze, CS, and sometimes Shore.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
nah, just in general.

I'm farming Baze, FOST, and Stun Cuffs. I can't 3 star Shore or DK's node yet. Please accept my friend invite so I can use your GK to get this poo poo 3'ed.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I got Lando to 6 stars and now I don't know what to start grinding next. Should I get him up to 7? My team right now is weird:

Lando
Chewie
Tarkin
Resistance Pilot
Jedi Consular

I think the last two need to go, but I like having the damage dealer and the healing is SUPER useful. Especially in galactic war.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I got Lando to 6 stars and now I don't know what to start grinding next. Should I get him up to 7? My team right now is weird:

Lando
Chewie
Tarkin
Resistance Pilot
Jedi Consular

I think the last two need to go, but I like having the damage dealer and the healing is SUPER useful. Especially in galactic war.

What level are you? Go for Wedge if you can get him. Build up a rebels team if you can.

Wedge (L), Biggs, STH, Lando, AA/Leia

If you hurry you can start unlocking EP in a couple weeks.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

What level are you? Go for Wedge if you can get him. Build up a rebels team if you can.

Wedge (L), Biggs, STH, Lando, AA/Leia

If you hurry you can start unlocking EP in a couple weeks.

50. The only of that group I have unlocked currently is Lando, so that'd be a loving hard grind. Unless AA is code for clone sergeant or something.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

50. The only of that group I have unlocked currently is Lando, so that'd be a loving hard grind. Unless AA is code for clone sergeant or something.

Oh yeah, then you should start working on:
ST Han and Ackbar (Arena shards)
Biggs (GW)
Wedge (once you're level 66?)

Get Lando to 7*. You'll run him for a long time, and if you don't have any other 7*s yet, you can use him to get raid credit from whatever guild you're in.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Boba & STH/IG-88 are also priorities for credit heist.

Kylo is also pretty rad and farmable early from cantina.

I agree w others that you need to get your rebels ready for when you hit lvl 69. Wedge brings your first taste of sweet sweet team synergy. He makes all rebels more durablr and turns Biggs into a murderer.

It feels like there are a lot more options now for the 5th slot in wedge/biggs/lando/STH/X. Could be AA or Leia, but Bodhi, K2SO, and Cassian are all farmable rebels too.

AA is probably the safest choice since he's also a cap ship commander.

E: Wedge/Biggs/Lando/K2SO/Cassian could be cool. It sucks to lose STH (and you still want him for credit heist) but the rogue1 guys bring some additional synergies to the table and K2SO might be a more effective tank at low lvls. The re-taunt is handy since enemy debuffers can turn STH into dead weight for 5 rounds.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 25, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

You will get AA (Admiral Ackbar) shards when you hit 60 and start doing the ship challenges.

Luminara is great to unlock for GW and is one of the easiest Jedi to level up. Can replace your JC as the healer. Did you get any good characters from your first Chromium pack?

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Inimicul posted:

+1 Mol Eliza for alt guild.

It'll be nice to have it in a goon guild, even if I can't read guild chat because I hosed up the age during setup.

Were you the Mol Eliza that was in my guild The Rocinante until very recently? If so we always how come that guy never spoke.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

You will get AA (Admiral Ackbar) shards when you hit 60 and start doing the ship challenges.

Luminara is great to unlock for GW and is one of the easiest Jedi to level up. Can replace your JC as the healer. Did you get any good characters from your first Chromium pack?

I did not get good characters from my first Chromium pack. I'll start going for AA or one of the other rebel duders.

A Spooky Skeleton
Aug 28, 2012

i'm a princess of trash

Apparently we're gonna hear more tomorrow.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

A Spooky Skeleton posted:

Apparently we're gonna hear more tomorrow.

Today. In the next few hours in fact!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Today. In the next few hours in fact!

Do we know this for a fact? I was just guessing it would be today, but it could be anytime this week.

e:
This is for Rocketmagnet, but also anyone interested in Ships/raids

https://discord.gg/p75Tx

What you missed in Discord posted:

I really think we're getting a raid soonish
So getting as many ships to 6* as possible would be really smart
Speculation: Since we still only have 6* admirals, I'm guessing the raid will have normal and heroic tiers, and you'll get a random admiral's shards from each run. Once you have 7* admirals, then you can do heroic. Once the raid launches, you'll still have time to get ships to 7*. Then, once you get to heroic, you start unlocking the next admiral's ship, like Nute or someone new

All this said, they did say we're getting a new mode that won't be a raid or event, so they might not be adding a new raid right away, but I do think a mixed ships/ground raid will come sometime this summer.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 25, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

Do we know this for a fact? I was just guessing it would be today, but it could be anytime this week.

e:
This is for Rocketmagnet, but also anyone interested in Ships/raids

https://discord.gg/p75Tx

All this said, they did say we're getting a new mode that won't be a raid or event, so they might not be adding a new raid right away, but I do think a mixed ships/ground raid will come sometime this summer.

Announcement is definitely one hundred percent today. (They said 'tomorrow' in the official forum post last night and EA dude on twitter has been teasing this afternoon for several hours.)

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
R2 is in the game now and :popeye:

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Guess I will start leveling tarkin

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

UmOk posted:

Guess I will start leveling tarkin

Tarkin?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's an Empire fight.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/106764/game-update-4-25-2017

R2 event May 4th. Need Empire guys.

General Veers got a rework and will be May's Login Reward character. He's now part of the "Imperial Trooper" category, and buffs the heck out of them. Right now he's the only one in that category, but I assume the rest will be updated next week. Will it finally be Magmatrooper's time to shine?

Nute Gunray's Leader ability got a buff.

Darth Nihilus, Sith Trooper, and Sith Assassin will now be in the Shard Shop. Nihilus is in Hard DS battle 9a, while the other two are in Cantina Battles 8.

Assault Battles: Forest Moon got reworked a bit. The rewards were also buffed and it will be returning in May.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
If TFP is a trooper then trooper teams might be OP. If he isn't a trooper then it depends on the other trooper pass stuff on how OP this poo poo will be.

If you check Galactic Republic, the new tag that R2 interacts with, it now covers like all jedi, clones, and CUP. There might be an OP meta changer in there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Also, I suspect K2SO is gonna be down low great with R2 thanks to the double tag. (Same for any future Rebel/Resistance or Republic/Rebels that may show up in the future.)