Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I remember everyone getting pissed off when it was found the two MvC3 dlc characters, Jill and Shuma where already included on the disc. Oh what an innocent time, they didn't even release any DLC characters for ultimate it pissed people off so much.

Fereydun posted:

tfw rumors surface from the main insider guy that the game may have smash controls or autocombos

Yeah and so does Marvel 2 and 3. What's the hate for easy mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Fereydun posted:

tfw rumors surface from the main insider guy that the game may have smash controls or autocombos

I don't really see an issue with autocombos as long as they aren't optimal (hello p4u teddie). and smash controls are fine as long as its like Xrd Stylish mode

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

When did they put chun li in the marvel phone game?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tbf the ui elements could be placeholders.

To be real though, i doubt it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

NeoGaf is filled with corporate ballwashers who enjoy stroking and sucking the cocks of their multinational corporations.

The only thing worse then their gaming opinions are their opinions on politics as they are mostly neoliberal stooges for faux leftists Democrats.

It's been gold so far from people jumping onto that ridiculous toy edition for 200+ bux to poo poo like this guy melting down

NEOGaf posted:

You have ZERO clue on how big the game's budget is, and keep insisting its small, even though it has the backing of one of the biggest properties in entertainment on board with this, and they are using this game specifically as a vehicle for their movie endeavors. You think its a coincidence that Thor & Hulk are getting outfits that coincide with the gladiator fight in Thor Ragnarok? You think Rocket Racoon getting redesigned to look like his GOTG design is coincidence?

One of the first things they have been discussing for this game is how fully featured its going to be as a direct response to how barebones SFV launched. Sure, the game doesn't look as good as Tekken 7 or Injustice 2; its also doing a bunch of stuff that those games aren't doing on a technical level, that if they did do, would result in those games looking 'downgraded' in order to be feasible.

Honestly, reading this thread just makes me wonder why I even make games in the first place.

"doing a bunch of stuff other games can't on a technical level" lol what.
I'd love to be wrong, I really would, but man the series has not been historically chockful of features. if the roster is huge then I'm fine with that but with how SFV's model went, who knows.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I feel like no game has ever had an optional baby mode that has worked well. When it's built into the game like p4 it's fine though.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Here's the list of UMVC3 characters. Bold are announced for this game, crossed out are ones who have no chance of being in MVCI.

Captain America
Chris Redfield
Chun-Li

Dante
Deadpool
Doctor Doom

Dormammu
Felicia
Iron Man
Morrigan
Ryu

Super Skrull
The Hulk
Trish
Wolverine
Thor
Amaterasu
Tron Bonne
Nathan “Rad” Spencer
Arthur
Magneto
MODOK
C. Viper
Storm

She-Hulk
Zero
X-23
Viewtiful Joe
Albert Wesker
Spider-Man
Mike Haggar
Phoenix
Akuma
Taskmaster
Hsien-Ko
Sentinel
Shuma Gorath
Jill Valentine
Doctor Strange
Firebrand
Ghost Rider
Frank West
Hawkeye
Nemesis
Iron Fist
Phoenix Wright
Nova
Strider Hiryu
Rocket Raccoon

Vergil
Galactus

The only new characters are Capt. Marvel, X, Sigma, and Ultron. 11 repeats from the last game, 4 new. And a whole bunch of previous assets they can keep recycling.

Do not buy this game.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
autocombo in p4a owns because the moves in the series arent moves you can get otherwise so its still useful at high level play

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jmcrofts posted:

I feel like no game has ever had an optional baby mode that has worked well. When it's built into the game like p4 it's fine though.

i guess that depends what you mean by "work well". someone here posted that they set up a console with Xrd (in Stylish mode) and two sticks for some non-FG nerd thing a while back and people had a blast with it since they could right then and there start doing the moves with the main character, Sol Badguy

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

MinibarMatchman posted:

It's been gold so far from people jumping onto that ridiculous toy edition for 200+ bux to poo poo like this guy melting down

"doing a bunch of stuff other games can't on a technical level" lol what.
I'd love to be wrong, I really would, but man the series has not been historically chockful of features. if the roster is huge then I'm fine with that but with how SFV's model went, who knows.

I stopped going to NeoGaf for serious fighting game discussion, when the community there had the consensus that Street Fighter V is a great game, and the only reason people don't like it is because the game is "hard to get into" and "difficult to learn" compared to other Street Fighters.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

C. Everett Koop posted:

Here's the list of UMVC3 characters. Bold are announced for this game, crossed out are ones who have no chance of being in MVCI.

Captain America
Chris Redfield
Chun-Li

Dante
Deadpool
Doctor Doom

Dormammu
Felicia
Iron Man
Morrigan
Ryu

Super Skrull
The Hulk
Trish
Wolverine
Thor
Amaterasu
Tron Bonne
Nathan “Rad” Spencer
Arthur
Magneto
MODOK
C. Viper
Storm

She-Hulk
Zero
X-23
Viewtiful Joe
Albert Wesker
Spider-Man
Mike Haggar
Phoenix
Akuma
Taskmaster
Hsien-Ko
Sentinel
Shuma Gorath
Jill Valentine
Doctor Strange
Firebrand
Ghost Rider
Frank West
Hawkeye
Nemesis
Iron Fist
Phoenix Wright
Nova
Strider Hiryu
Rocket Raccoon

Vergil
Galactus

The only new characters are Capt. Marvel, X, Sigma, and Ultron. 11 repeats from the last game, 4 new. And a whole bunch of previous assets they can keep recycling.

Do not buy this game.

Why can't Super Skrull and Galactus be in? Thanos is in there and he is from Marvel space.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
they're Fantastic Four, and thus Fox, characters

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

punk rebel ecks posted:

I stopped going to NeoGaf for serious fighting game discussion, when the community there had the consensus that Street Fighter V is a great game, and the only reason people don't like it is because the game is "hard to get into" and "difficult to learn" compared to other Street Fighters.

i have a neogaf account and i played most of their best players in the 360 days and stomped them in every game i played

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Really sucks that we won't get Deadpool again. Probably won't get Viewtiful Joe, either. :(

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Countblanc posted:

they're Fantastic Four, and thus Fox, characters

How does that work with Thanos, he is a Silver Surfer character which makes him a fantastic four character as well by the transitive property.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Jmcrofts posted:

Both KI's Combo Assist and Xrd's Stylish mode are really really good. They don't change your controls, all the normal inputs still work and then there are shortcuts and auto-combos layered on top of that. They work like training wheels: when you first start out you can lean on them as much as you want, as you get familiar with things you use them less and less, and once you no longer need them you take them off to gain flexibility. They smooth out that curve between mashing buttons and deliberately playing, and that's a great thing.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Rutibex posted:

How does that work with Thanos, he is a Silver Surfer character which makes him a fantastic four character as well by the transitive property.

He's the villain the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe is building towards confronting.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm gonna stomp on dudes with Sigma and Ultron and no one can stop me

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
if capcom had any sense they'd charge you 5 dollars every time you do a cross rush or whatever they're calling it in street fighter x marvel

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
The game is free, but you have to put a physical quarter into your computer every time you play multiplayer. A Capcom employee comes by to collect half the quarters every so often.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

A lot of old school players are bummed about t7 though

https://twitter.com/TKJDCR/status/855025354590740481

not on SA though because no one on SA actually plays tekken other than brosnan

It looks like all that guy is talking about is that net code between arcade cabinets sucks? Hopefully it's better for the full release

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Rutibex posted:

Yeah and so does Marvel 2 and 3. What's the hate for easy mode?

as a main mechanic, not optional
but hey, it could be tvc 3 button scheme instead

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

anime was right posted:

i have a neogaf account and i played most of their best players in the 360 days and stomped them in every game i played

Very convincing argument.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

JordanKai posted:

ya its real hosed up they defend a game for being "for top level players" when they cant even beat the guy who at best functions as your local tournament's scrub check

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

dhamster posted:

The game is free, but you have to put a physical quarter into your computer every time you play multiplayer. A Capcom employee comes by to collect half the quarters every so often.

It was a magical time, the era of arcade games coming to home console, but before the invention of DLC.

1980-2006 RIP cheap games

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Fereydun posted:

Can we get Ken's face onto Morrigan?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Rutibex posted:

The fox movie/IP deal specifies the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Galactus. I haven't read anything specifically mentioning Super Skrull, but it makes sense he'd be unavailable.

Thanos has cinematically only been in MCU stuff, so he's fair game for Marvel and the Mouse to do whatever they want with him.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

I find it hard to believe Capcom would make the mistake of taking out inputs altogether, as garbage as they've been. Autocombos I could see, if they're P4A-style, but is that TERRIBLE anyways?

I also don't get the character complaints because who the gently caress were you expecting? Of course there's gonna be repeats, there's always repeats, plus Marvel wants to push the MCU. We were always gonna get the Avengers, and it only makes sense to lead with them in your trailers, they're the guys selling copies.

I'm really iffy about the game regardless. It releases in September, we have eight characters announced with a whopping SIX DLC dudes on top of it, no gameplay footage or loctests/betas announced...it's rough. Unless from now on there's a deluge of information, I can't help but feel like Capcom is releasing another SFV - which, regardless of how you might feel about its core gameplay, was put out on a beta state and still doesn't feel like a "complete" game a year after launch.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

JordanKai posted:

It is. A lot of players there act like "experts" but when you play against them they are scrubs of scrubs.

In there defense, most people in the FGC are bad. Playing random player on Facebook communities is painful for example.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
funnily enough neogafs best players are really low key and dont talk about that kinda poo poo. aint that weird

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Big news, everyone: I just got off the phone with the boys at Capcom HQ. Jin Saotome isn't dead... and he wants revenge.

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

dhamster posted:

more like mvc: finite
holy poo poo

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

anime was right posted:

funnily enough neogafs best players are really low key and dont talk about that kinda poo poo. aint that weird

That one Tekken player can be obnoxious. I'm also curious about that one dude with the Digimon avatar. But yeah the few good players don't say much.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

It looks like all that guy is talking about is that net code between arcade cabinets sucks? Hopefully it's better for the full release

Pretty sure he's bemoaning the fact that the culture of fighting games has shifted focus more towards online play and discussion, leaving behind the arcade setting.

If he was just complaining about lag then he would be happy that the console version will finally allow people to play offline locally without any lag.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Hiding Sigma behind a loving paywall unless you pre-order.

Bastards. Why am I not surprised

Game looks just like Injustice, in other words, loving awful. Thanks for the 1:1 mocap animations on really bulky and monstrous looking characters, that totally looks great Capcom, no kidding.

Cabbagepots fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 25, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

new SFV dlc character leaked, it's Ed lol

this is the most boring DLC pack in existence

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Legit looks worse than KoF in some respects.

I mean, xiv doesn't have much fidelity, but it's an entirely new game in the series. This should look amazing considering it's Disney, MvC3 looks far better by default.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Chris Redfield as designed by Rob Liefeld

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I watched the trailer. It was pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chris looks loving awful. It should have been Leon; who the gently caress likes Chris.

apparently people are freaking over the DLC costumes, I have no idea why. They look beyond bland. Shirtless Thor, X with a scarf, Evil Ryu.