Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sunswipe posted:

Yeah, no. gently caress that. That couple are awful people who could best serve their children and the world by no existing

Putting their kids into an orphanage for youtube hits would be a bold move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jose posted:

Putting their kids into an orphanage for youtube hits would be a bold move

Foster/adoptive parents could make a fortune by uploading videos of those kid being treated decently.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Yeah, but nah - Ozzy Man

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Holy poo poo I just watched the EXPOSED video on YouTube, how in the holy gently caress did this channel last even two minutes?! It's just him abusing his one kid, over and over and over. It's so bad.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Wasabi the J posted:

I can take no joy in any of this.

I remember being abused became routine for me and I ended up just going with it as a matter of fact; fighting back made it worse, crying was interpreted as self pity instead of remorse (it wasn't enough to be in trouble, I had to be grateful for my "lectures"), and nothing I would do would change the course of my abusers so I would just figure in for a penny, in for a pound, and used this to justify why I was being abused.

I would get toys as tokens of affection and for something to be taken away.

Space camp, diving lessons, Legos, science toys from the Discovery store -- to be taken or thrown away because i was ungrateful. This was the preferred out punishment for me because I didn't have to get hit or yelled at nearly as long for whatever I did wrong.

I want to give you a hug. For real.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why the hell would I care what Dumbledore has to say about this?!

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Enough horsing around SON, put yo hood up!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Xea8NspCw

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Kurieg posted:

It came up in the imgur comments when this was making the rounds last week, so I didn't see it myself (several people confirmed it, however) but I assure you the psychological abuse is just as hard on the kid. They're conditioning them to accept being victimized and yelled at because good things happen when you are. Their "apology" video has the oldest boy (the one who actually gets to participate in the bullying of Cody)saying "At least you guys don't beat us like other parents do." before screaming the dad's tagline "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRAH!" so they've been conditioned to think that their situation is preferable to the alternative (which is apparently continuous physical abuse).

Oh my god :smith:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Holy poo poo I thought the dog at 1:40 was going to be the star until 5:00

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Jastiger posted:

Trumps America. Where the guy aimbotting isn't punished, yet the guy practicing his AMERICAN RIGHT (And Canadian!) to Free Speech is punished.

Shameful.

Actually the kind of stuff he said is criminalized in Canada under hate speech legislation. whereas in America your speech can only be restricted ( i.e. criminalized) if you are uttering credible threats of death or bodily harm, in Canada it's sufficient for you just to be "inciting hatred" against a group or person.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Holy poo poo I thought the dog at 1:40 was going to be the star until 5:00

If someone could gif that second dog it would be amazing

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

TotalLossBrain posted:

Yet another useless take on Pence: the behavior (i.e. refusing to be alone with women other than his wife) is not really an uncommon stance with "serious" US Christians - those folks that go to church every loving Sunday. Not just for sermon, either. Sunday school, sermon, potluck. Then come back at 6pm for night church. Oh and there's a Wednesday night service.
While it's kind of weird, it's more common than you might realize.
I live two houses down from a church. It's always busy and obliterates the parking in the area. They just cant get enough of the Jesus.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Leave the dog alone :mad:

White House Aide Sebastian Gorka stomped out of a panel discussion after Georgetown students started asking questions

Chobani sues Alex Jones for small amount of money

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

LMAO what a little bitch. I guess he needed a safe space?

ESDK
Oct 10, 2007

hanales posted:

If someone could gif that second dog it would be amazing

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA

Pick posted:

Oh my god :smith:

Yeah after actually watching the whole thing, there really isn't any way they could redeem themselves short of getting the kids into the hands of decent people and then loving right off, preferably in a permanent fashion.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Don't worry, the guy gets the last laugh when the horse gets sad and sinks into the swamp.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

You're a goddamned hero :worship:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Kurieg posted:

It came up in the imgur comments when this was making the rounds last week, so I didn't see it myself (several people confirmed it, however) but I assure you the psychological abuse is just as hard on the kid. They're conditioning them to accept being victimized and yelled at because good things happen when you are. Their "apology" video has the oldest boy (the one who actually gets to participate in the bullying of Cody)saying "At least you guys don't beat us like other parents do." before screaming the dad's tagline "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRAH!" so they've been conditioned to think that their situation is preferable to the alternative (which is apparently continuous physical abuse).
It's something that we're only just coming around to as a culture, but emotional abuse is just as damaging in the long term as physical abuse, and make no mistake, what is happening there is abuse. I know a lot of people (like those parents) scoff at the idea that it can be abuse if you don't hit the kid, but it's backed up by science.

Both physical and emotional abuse alter the way that a child thinks in pretty similar (and damaging) ways. Granted, emotional abuse lacks the possibility of permanent physical disability like having a broken arm that doesn't heal right because the parent denied medical care, but the psychological scars can be the exact same.

It's teaching a child that something that is profoundly abnormal is actually normal, preying on their emotions and need to be loved by their parents, and teaching them profoundly dysfunctional coping mechanisms.

Also, the way that the parents get the siblings to participate in the abuse is classic abuser behavior.

I have a pretty thick skin and not much gets to me, but I wish that I'd never searched for one of those videos and that I'd just taken all your words for it. This is the first time in a long time that something on the internet has made me physically sick to my stomach.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

"Jared Stancombe, a program manager for a global health care supplier, told TPM that his full-throated comments prompted attendees to check their mobile phones for information about his background. They found a number of articles about Gorka’s ties to the Order of Vitez, a Hungarian knightly order founded by a Nazi collaborator.

Gorka has adamantly denied belonging to the group, though he acknowledges his father was a member and that he sometimes wears the Order’s medal."

Im not in the Klan, I just wear the pointy hats sometimes

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

That's the same robot that ran over somebody's 3 year old kid

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Probably a different one (it was at Stanford Mall -- I've seen it!), but same company.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

iDalek

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I don't know, Gorka seems like a chill dude to play Axis&Allies with ( he always plays Axis for some reason).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdINAnBf0U

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Subjunctive posted:

Probably a different one (it was at Stanford Mall -- I've seen it!), but same company.

They're programed to attack unarmed toddlers without any provocation and alert authorities when someone a little too swarthy heads into Nieman Marcus.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Panfilo posted:

They're programed to attack unarmed toddlers without any provocation and alert authorities when someone a little too swarthy heads into Nieman Marcus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzVoN6SD9cQ

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

fridge corn posted:

The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

imo posters shouldn't overshare extremely personal information about their lives in this, the thread about laughing at people videoing themselves getting hurt doing something dumb

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Jose posted:

imo posters shouldn't overshare extremely personal information about their lives in this, the thread about laughing at people videoing themselves getting hurt doing something dumb
maybe you shouldn't engage in apologetics for the idiots who think mocking trauma victims is funny and appropriate.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

It's insane how many of these would be just fine if they'd have been done on a stable platform. I never realised how much yoga idiots had in common with crossfit.

Also doggos!

edit: also also those parents with the 'prank' videos can get entirely hosed. I was linked the 'ink prank' video just as it was blowing up and anyone who could watch that poor kid in real actual distress being ganged up on by his whole family and not be angry is a huge fucker. I absolutely could not finish watching it. Yeah yeah we have all these people commenting 'oh that poor animal [who seems to be having a good time] is in huge distress' on lots of normal cute pet videos when of course they're fine but if you think this is in the same vein you can get entirely hosed. I'd like to say it's unbelievable to see but hey, we've seen it now. Sure I think we're mostly on the same page here so I'm ranting to the choir but drat it makes me mad.

Emotional abuse is no joke. These are the people who should make you feel safe and cared for.

NLJP has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Apr 25, 2017

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Finally an easier way to put on a hoodie than Jeb!'s

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

fridge corn posted:

The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

now it is

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jose posted:

You're probably right; sorry for dragging the thread down, just wanted to say what happened in those videos is very not ok, and to try and illustrate to anyone that thinks that it is what it feels like on the other end of it.

I fully expected some poo poo talking, I just ignore it because this is the yakkety-sax-9-11.avi forum.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 00:29 on Apr 26, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
If CPS investigated them then they definitely interviewed the boy. As damming as the videos are they can't take action until they actually talk to the kids. Chances are they are currently on a case plan and taking down the videos/apologizing was necessary while the investigation is ongoing.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Panfilo posted:

If CPS investigated them then they definitely interviewed the boy. As damming as the videos are they can't take action until they actually talk to the kids. Chances are they are currently on a case plan and taking down the videos/apologizing was necessary while the investigation is ongoing.

In what world is anything a child says more compelling than the videos? CPS can act on behalf of pre-verbal children, so I'm surprised that it's a hard line here.

What jurisdiction are they in?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

In what world is anything a child says more compelling than the videos? CPS can act on behalf of pre-verbal children, so I'm surprised that it's a hard line here.

What jurisdiction are they in?

Just a wild guess, but some poo poo hole state with terrible laws

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

robots are not human and cannot be victims

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

*huff, wheeze* more like oldpatriotismless