Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Atlas Hugged posted:

I think at least two of them were heavily invested in GW and sick of getting burned, so it's kind of understandable that they'd have an interest in watching GW gently caress up. Maybe it would be healthier to move on, but I don't really know how much time they invest in this thread.

I try to make it a policy to reply to anyone who is attempting an actual conversation even if I disagree with them. Otherwise the pages are just filled with garbage trolling.

I think if your life circumstances don't allow for the free time to play games that doesn't mean you're not allowed to have opinions on the hobby you were/are heavily invested in.

I don't watch baseball nearly as much as I used to as games are when I am at work the last few years but when the Mariners poo poo the bed as they are want to do I will certainly have an opinion on it

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Ashcans, spectralent and leperflesh all post continuously in these threads and don't actually play any (edit:tabletop) games.

I play tabletop games. I don't know where you got the idea that I don't.

My main go-to game right now is Epic: Armageddon. I'm ready to play some Kings of War, mostly, but I need some new movement trays with the right dimensions. I also grabbed Frostgrave, and I've busted out the X-wangs about a half dozen times now as well.

I play more board games though. I went in big on the Conan boardgame kickstarter and we've been breaking that out at every game session at my place lately, it's very very good. I also went in big on Dungeon Saga, which has problems that we need to start houseruling. I meet up with my brother most Fridays for some one-on-one gaming: our go-to game is the Lord of the Rings LCG, but we play a ton of other stuff including Pixel Tactics, Kingdom Builder, Guildhall, Thunderstone Advance, etc.

My game group got disrupted when one of the members moved to Texas, so we're going through a transition, and having this cat in my front bathroom also complicates things, but yeah I totally play games, including tabletop miniatures wargames and tabletop board games with miniatures.

I used to play Warhammer 8th edition, but Kings of War showed me there was a far better way to play with my Tomb Kings minis.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 25, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
How is Bathroom Cat?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

How is Bathroom Cat?

Crash is gonna make it, pretty sure. He got neutered last week. He's still got this weird eyelid problem, we still have to clean his face and paws because he makes a mess whenever he eats, but he's starting to sorta clean himself, his appetite is still good, and he seems to be slowly gaining a little weight.

We got a blood test done and we're waiting for the results of that, which will tell us more. But yeah things are looking better for the little guy.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

If you liked the LOTR lcg then you'd love Arkham. It's an amazing piece of work.

Picked up my season 3 guild ball cards. Looking forward to playing it again.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Leperflesh posted:

Crash is gonna make it, pretty sure. He got neutered last week. He's still got this weird eyelid problem, we still have to clean his face and paws because he makes a mess whenever he eats, but he's starting to sorta clean himself, his appetite is still good, and he seems to be slowly gaining a little weight.

We got a blood test done and we're waiting for the results of that, which will tell us more. But yeah things are looking better for the little guy.

Will you know if his cat aids manifested with the blood test? Last I heard he was losing weight but his appetite was good glad he's is doing better

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

We're still like two years behind the current LotR LCG stuff. We play probably twice a month and it takes one to five attempts to beat each adventure so at this rate we will continue to fall behind rather than catch up. But it's a really good game. We both enjoy the deckbuilding aspect, and the fact that we need to coordinate our deckbuilding makes it even better.

It's amazing how wrong the difficulty numbers are for these adventures though, hah.

So Arkham is a co-op game?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

panascope posted:

There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your astartes, the titans, the prometheum, and the whole fleet, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway to the Eye of Terror. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

*starts gyrating hips*

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Will you know if his cat aids manifested with the blood test? Last I heard he was losing weight but his appetite was good glad he's is doing better

If the blood test shows he's got like super low white blood cells, that would be a good indication. But beyond that, I'm not really sure. He's also off the antibiotics; he got a shot of penicillin along with his neuter op last thursday, but that was the last of it. If we see infections again we'll know there's a problem I guess?

We think the weight loss was probably just his first weight that we were given over the phone by a veterenary assistant was wrong. He gained a pound over the course of a week between two weeks ago and last week, and he'll get weighed again at today's clinic visit.

We've nursed two or three very ill cats back to health now and while that's not a huge amount of experience, we have the sense that he's turned a corner. He's cleaner, a little stronger, less desperately horrible to look at, and doesn't feel like he's declining in any specific respect.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

panascope posted:

There has been too much violence. Too much pain. But I have an honorable compromise. Just walk away. Give me your astartes, the titans, the prometheum, and the whole fleet, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway to the Eye of Terror. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

this is a good post

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Pet the kitty

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Bad Moon posted:

I think if your life circumstances don't allow for the free time to play games that doesn't mean you're not allowed to have opinions on the hobby you were/are heavily invested in.

I don't watch baseball nearly as much as I used to as games are when I am at work the last few years but when the Mariners poo poo the bed as they are want to do I will certainly have an opinion on it

This is basically what I said in my first post on the topic. You don't have to be super active in the hobby to have your finger on the pulse of it. You might be busy, but you can still understand game mechanics and business decisions.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

We're still like two years behind the current LotR LCG stuff. We play probably twice a month and it takes one to five attempts to beat each adventure so at this rate we will continue to fall behind rather than catch up. But it's a really good game. We both enjoy the deckbuilding aspect, and the fact that we need to coordinate our deckbuilding makes it even better.

It's amazing how wrong the difficulty numbers are for these adventures though, hah.

So Arkham is a co-op game?

Yeah, Arkham is completely co-op. You get XP to spend on new cards for deckbuilding between missions, and characters have their own unique cards that get put in decks(a unique assest and a weakness, usually)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I don't get it- it's clearly not the hobby for you, but why declare war on it and post continuously about it for years on end, and not against something just as frivolous and expensive like model railroading, studio photography, or carpentry with exotic woods? People spend their money on stupid poo poo that makes them happy, let's discuss how dumb they are for enjoying themselves for a bunch of thousand page threads.
You'll be relieved to know that I also post regularly in the BWM thread, where we rail against people spending their money on almost anything, without the burden of actually sharing those interests. Mostly its about boats and horses though, less carpentry and models.

Let us know when you work out what the appropriate purity test is for having opinions in this thread is.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is mostly a chat thread where we hang out with specific other goons and chat about games. One of the nice things about this thread is that people can compare good games to bad games (from GW) and nobody gets all butthurt that people pointed out the bad games are bad.

Until recently, anyway.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
I've never understood getting defensive about brands etc. Not like they care.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
So sorry for your hugbox being compromised.

It's just as well you guys haven't spent years ranting about safe spaces and echo chambers, while hiding in here between forays out to tell people that they don't like what they like. That would make your negative emotional reactions to dissenting opinions unfortunate indeed.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Hug box makes justice feel safe.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Your dissenting opinions are bad, you willfully ignore every point anyone makes that doesn't jive with your bad opinions, and then you call it a hugbox when people don't just passively accept terrible opinions.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That's a mirror.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
if someone doesnt like a thing that you do, it doesnt necessarily mean they dont like you as well. hth the next time you get all weirdly obsessive about defending a company you buy things from

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if someone doesnt like a thing that you do, it doesnt necessarily mean they dont like you as well. hth the next time you get all weirdly obsessive about defending a company you buy things from

Case in point, LP thinks I'm an ok person even though I like anime. I don't resent him for it and I'll post my anime stuff despite that, but I won't try and change his mind on the topic. :shrug:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Look, it's not my fault you've devoted two years to something that it turns out you were objectively wrong about.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Also this thread was created because the other GW threads were all hugboxes where dissenting opinions about GW were not tolerated. It's amazing to think that now the only thread where actual honest discussion about GW and its products was permitted is supposedly the hugbox.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

actual honest discussion ranting opinion about GW and its products
There are few actual discussions in this thread.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Leperflesh posted:

Also this thread was created because the other GW threads were all hugboxes where dissenting opinions about GW were not tolerated.

This is complete and utter, unmitigated bollocks. It's just not true at all.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Case in point, LP thinks I'm an ok person even though I like anime. I don't resent him for it and I'll post my anime stuff despite that, but I won't try and change his mind on the topic. :shrug:

Yeah buddy you're all good :)

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

objectively wrong about.

for example

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

berzerkmonkey posted:

There are few actual discussions in this thread.

Well I try. I address the actual points being presented, and then my points are willfully ignored.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:argh:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Leperflesh posted:

Well I try. I address the actual points being presented, and then my points are willfully ignored.

Maybe you should stop using untrue things to support your points?

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Because calling someone's opinion bull is going to win them to your side. Facts and ideas? Petty personal attacks is where its at.

Before its said if convincing someone to your opinion is not tbe goal I can only assume screaminfmg into the abyss is.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

panascope posted:

I'm just here for the jewel-like objects of wonder, that's all.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Look, it's not my fault you've devoted two years to something that it turns out you were objectively wrong about.

is this like the royal you or are you addressing a particular person?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Chill la Chill posted:

anime is cool and good, though and Leperflesh is objectively wrong about that too

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
True story: The only good thing to come out of the Death Thread was that it convinced me to watch Gurren Lagann, which owned

Thank you, boom3 or whoever recommended it

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Maybe you should stop using untrue things to support your points?

Feel free to point out all my lies, dude. If I've said something that was wrong I will happily accept being corrected. Find me a fact I've posted and any evidence it was wrong.

TheChirurgeon posted:

anime is cool and good, though and Leperflesh is objectively wrong about that too

I'm not sure you understand what the word "objectively" means

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Leperflesh posted:

Feel free to point out all my lies, dude. If I've said something that was wrong I will happily accept being corrected. Find me a fact I've posted and any evidence it was wrong.

Leperflesh posted:

Also this thread was created because the other GW threads were all hugboxes where dissenting opinions about GW were not tolerated. the only thread where actual honest discussion about GW and its products was permitted

Leperflesh posted:

... the only thread where actual honest discussion about GW and its products was permitted...

You're welcome.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

For_Great_Justice posted:

I've never understood getting defensive about brands etc. Not like they care.

They don't care if you RAGE like it's some social justice imperative either.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

Rage never got anyone anywhere. Except orks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

if someone doesnt like a thing that you do, it doesnt necessarily mean they dont like you as well. hth the next time you get all weirdly obsessive about attacking a company you never intend to buy things from

• Locked thread