Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wait, wait, wait....

I thought Trump was a strong, decisive Manly Man who took control and powered through all the opposition and had yuuge hands that beat down the libs and rinos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

MechaCrash posted:

Yes, clearly this is the result of "Trump is being swayed by THE ESTABLISHMENT people around him," and not "Trump is a serial con-man who lied his rear end off and now the ugly truth is coming out."

All indications are that Trump is a Tsar-Nicholas-esque weakling who agrees fully with whoever talked to him most recently (unless the one before them was louder). Whether he's currently focusing on making America "pure" or engaging in foreign interventions actually does have a lot to do with which faction in his "court" currently holds more sway. Bannon and Kushner, unsurprisingly, despise each other and are frequently at odds. Bannon represents the quintessential white-nationalist "MAGA chud" demographic which, among other groups, includes Garrison's alt-right movement. Kushner and Ivanka represent more traditional Republican interests, ie big business, oil, the military-industrial complex, etc etc etc.

So the basic gist of the cartoon -- that Trump is facing pressure from opposing forces within his administration -- is more or less right. Garrison is of course screwing it up by being really Ben Garrison about it, eg putting Just Regular Folks on plucky li'l Bannon's side and THE JEWS ILLUMINATI on Kushner's.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rall profile:
http://imgur.com/a/xDjKV

Let me know if I missed anything of value.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Nenonen posted:

It's hard to draw a recognizable caricature of Hannity.

Why do they want to assassinate Michael Dukakis

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Suddenly got a craving for some Clovis, so here's a few recent cartoons I found intelligible without knowing the state of Jamaican politics:

It looks like he's using Bang Belly Economy as his Korner Kelly now:

...I don't think I like this. (Also, in the comments on that last one someone said "ACTUALLY she wasn't killed for cussing, but for resisting the police! Big, meaningful difference, she deserved it.")

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Here's a picture of Bill O'Reilly:

Bill O'Reilly...

- Does not have a big nose. But Michael Ramirez gives him one.
- Has a big ol' double chin. But Michael Ramirez does not give him one.
- Has somewhat of a piercing glare. But Michael Ramirez draws him with eyes closed.
- Has arched eyebrows. But Michael Ramirez draws them flat.
- Has relatively big ears. Hey, Ramirez got one right!

This looks like a younger Ariel Sharon way more than it resembles Bill O'Reilly. Two loving Pulitzers.

Also, I love the blue tie detail. Bill O'Reilly, secret Democrat.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

D.N. Nation posted:

Here's a picture of Bill O'Reilly:

Bill O'Reilly...

- Does not have a big nose. But Michael Ramirez gives him one.
- Has a big ol' double chin. But Michael Ramirez does not give him one.
- Has somewhat of a piercing glare. But Michael Ramirez draws him with eyes closed.
- Has arched eyebrows. But Michael Ramirez draws them flat.
- Has relatively big ears. Hey, Ramirez got one right!

This looks like a younger Ariel Sharon way more than it resembles Bill O'Reilly. Two loving Pulitzers.

You missed that he got it right when O'Reilly's nose looks like a dick, that's a whole two things

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Xander77 posted:

Rall profile:

:five:

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Iron Crowned posted:

You missed that he got it right when O'Reilly's nose looks like a dick, that's a whole two things
And yet he misses the fact that these days Bill's nose looks legit like a bellend.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Xander77 posted:

Rall profile:

Value?
Rall is the straw man liberal that I used​ to think was a complete fabrication.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xander77 posted:

Rall profile:

Really nice work, but you're missing the Sputnik News bit.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Really nice work, but you're missing the Sputnik News bit.

Ted Rall is so dense. Every single thing he does has so many things going on.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

Then that makes Bubba a secret Republican?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Arthur Crackpot posted:

What's that, Branco? Are you implying that the Holy, Glorious Free Market shouldn't decide who delivers its media? Careful, that sounds an awful lot like blasphemy!

It's simple, when someone they don't agree with gets fired, its the free market at work. When someone they agree with gets fired it's overreach and censorship.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

I have no clue what Kirschen is trying to say. Maybe this is supposed to be a joke?

also here's a non-lovely resolution version of the latest Garrison:

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Trogdos! posted:

I have no clue what Kirschen is trying to say. Maybe this is supposed to be a joke?

Seems like a perfectly serviceable dad joke to me. But it is Kirschen, so he might have been serious.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Value?

He really is like a character from a particularly bad episode of King of the Hill come to life.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

NewMars posted:

Zyklon Ben's getting a bit anxious.

Boy, this cartoon couldn't have come at a better time.

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/856880318082580481

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

JFC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN8zVZzdbXQ

Just when I think I'm done with listing all the various ways in which Rall is loving terrible, they pull me back in someone PMs me.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Xander77 posted:

JFC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN8zVZzdbXQ

Just when I think I'm done with listing all the various ways in which Rall is loving terrible, they pull me back in someone PMs me.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Some people are featured in this thread for the political cartoons they make.
Ted rall is featured for being a political cartoon.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Trogdos! posted:

I may regret asking, but what do the "CZ", "MP", and "AB" caps represent?

SkeleTed looks pretty jovial.

I wonder if Mikey knows Trump congratulated Erdogan on his victory.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Sandpuppy posted:

I wonder if Mikey knows Trump congratulated Erdogan on his victory.

A... good cartoon? From Ramirez? :ohdear:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Cole Smithey is Chris-Chan's brother.:lol:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
He's related to an autistic person, there's just no coming back from that.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MrUnderbridge posted:

Wait, wait, wait....
I thought Trump was a strong, decisive Manly Man who took control and powered through all the opposition and had yuuge hands that beat down the libs and rinos?
And he only hires the best people and he's a master of negotiation and and and

Pffffftttt.

Thhhhhhhhhhhhhhe problem is that most billionaires AREN'T spending their money; it's hidden in off shore accounts or "invested" in money making gambles that only produce money (and are insured by the taxpayers). The problem with "trickle down" is that SOMETHING ACTUALLY HAS TO TRICKLE DOWN.

To be fair to Pramirez he is absolutely right: the American people should be ashamed that we voted to fire Bill O'Reilly but keep electing Bill Clinton as president.

Or, to recycle a line I used many, many, MANY times during Hillary's campaign: you're absolutely right good sir: Bill Clinton IS a cad! I shall NOT be voting for him again!

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

The spiral rules us, the spiral rules all, all roads lead to the spiral. An Uzumaki cartoon.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

KillerQueen posted:

The spiral rules us, the spiral rules all, all roads lead to the spiral. An Uzumaki cartoon.

explains a lot, really

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Trogdos! posted:

Walk for witchcraft you hack!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

KillerQueen posted:

At least I understand why I'm growing a shell now.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Feldegast42 posted:

A... good cartoon? From Ramirez? :ohdear:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Why invent a new hairstyle for Liberty?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Value?

Don't go to Cspam or read the persecution complex fantasy thread. There are way, way more of him.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Duke Igthorn posted:

Or, to recycle a line I used many, many, MANY times during Hillary's campaign: you're absolutely right good sir: Bill Clinton IS a cad! I shall NOT be voting for him again!

I agree with you that women shouldn't be held responsible for their husbands' actions, but if you're going to go with the Republicans' revisionist line that Bill Clinton was a misogynist, you might as well also accept their stories on Carter (TOTAL incompetent buffoon!), Roosevelt (EEBIL COMMUNIST), and Kennedy (probably had Marilyn Monroe killed or something, IDK, He's A Democrat Pee Pee Doo Doo).

If you're just gonna concede history to Republicans, how are you not just a Republican?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the French presidential election – Marine Le Pen, the leader of France’s far-right Front National party, has savaged the centrist presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron, as the country’s mainstream parties threw their weight behind Macron in the first day of campaigning for the presidential runoff"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
Mac on... Jeremy Corbyn and Trident

'That wasnae very wise. Corbyn must've accepted an invitation to look round Trident'

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

21 Muns posted:

I agree with you that women shouldn't be held responsible for their husbands' actions, but if you're going to go with the Republicans' revisionist line that Bill Clinton was a misogynist, you might as well also accept their stories on Carter (TOTAL incompetent buffoon!), Roosevelt (EEBIL COMMUNIST), and Kennedy (probably had Marilyn Monroe killed or something, IDK, He's A Democrat Pee Pee Doo Doo).

If you're just gonna concede history to Republicans, how are you not just a Republican?

Lol if you don't think Bill was raping girls on Epstein's island.

Trump did it too, of course.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Are the british papers seriously equating Marcon and Le Pen?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Silver2195 posted:

Lol if you don't think Bill was raping girls on Epstein's island.

Trump did it too, of course.

Clinton didn't even go to the island you dense gently caress, he just occassionally flew on Epsteins plane between major destinations. I know that the desire to scream that Democrats are evil will make you defend any lie by Republicans to the Clintons, but maybe try looking these things up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Kopijeger posted:

Why invent a new hairstyle for Liberty?

what the hell is that. i don't care what century you're from. get that seen to.

Discendo Vox posted:

Are the british papers seriously equating Marcon and Le Pen?

I guess it's this side of the Atlantic's turn to play Boring Centrist vs. Right-Wing Fuckhead: Literally Identical?

e: I think it's mostly the Times doing the actual equating, Steve Bell I think just wants to draw some silly caricatures, and the Telegraph just seem to have it in for Macron for some reason. Because he's French, maybe? That's probably enough.

Angepain fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 25, 2017

• Locked thread