Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Leperflesh posted:

I do too. But we're too bonded to the five now. It was hard enough giving them up the first time, once they came back that was basically it.

I buy multiple 42 pound bags of litter at Costco every couple or three months. And we pretty much have to vacuum weekly.

I was going to ask if your house stunk? Not out of disrespect but because literally every house I have been in that had more than 3 pets has smelled like a house that has more than 3 pets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So I've started doing planks now, you know to be less fat, but I can never tell if I'm doing it right. I can hold that poo poo for like 2 minutes without feeling anything but rug burn on my elbows. Should I just go back to push ups and sit ups like a proper man or do I actually need to learn real exercise in order to not die in my 50s?

Bonus Question: Is out living my dog really a goal I should be shooting for?
Learn real exercise. Sorry.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

No. There are a few key things:

-We have hardwood floors everywhere, and we sealed them with polyurethane, so they're waterproof. Cats pissing on the floor is extremely rare in our house, but it occasionally happens, and being able to clean it up properly without it soaking into the wood or a carpet is totally a requirement.
-All the cats are fixed. Intact males stink, and are driven by instinct to piss on things. Get your loving cats neutered god dammit.
-When you have more than one cat you probably need more than one cat box. We have an enormous one that we made from a huge sterlite container, and another normal sized one, and for a long time we had a third. If the catbox is too crowded, one or more cats are gonna find somewhere else to piss and poo poo.
-Don't leave your dirty laundry lying around, cats think it's a good place to piss because it already stinks like you and that's awesome or something.
-Air out the house regularly. You should do this anyway.

Cats instinctively want to use a cat box to bury their poo. If you have a cat pissing anywhere else, you're doing something wrong or there's something wrong with the cat, like a urinary tract infection or something.

We also keep our house as clean as we can, e.g, sweeping very frequently where there's litter and vacuuming more or less weekly, plus actually washing the floor every once in a while.

I'm sure if you walked into the back room right after a cat took a poo poo you would smell cat poo poo, but with good dry clumping clay litter, the odor generally goes away within minutes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
meditate on the mind-muscle connection....really connect with your motor neurons and you will unlock hidden strength and power. The governor is your brain!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was hoping to just eat a bunch of meats and do 8,000 push ups a day but some cursory googling tells me that's not actually how Jack LaLanne lived to 90.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I was hoping to just eat a bunch of meats and do 8,000 push ups a day but some cursory googling tells me that's not actually how Jack LaLanne lived to 90.

He was 5'6"

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So I have to lose 20 pounds and 6 inches? God dammit!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I bought an air purifier for my rooms, and that helps a lot with cat dandruff too. Also, yes, open your windows.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

of course not, he lived to 90 thanks to the delicious and nutritional drinks he made with the Jack LaLanne Power Juicer

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You need to break from the myth that fitness means weight loss and that you can target fat.

Anything that causes you to drop more than a pound a week is not going to be permanent, and your belly is going to go last no matter how many sit ups you do.

Just aim for fitness and your body will follow.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I understand that fitness isn't based on aesthetics but I've gotten a little pudgy. I'd need to pack on a shitload of muscle for where I'm at to be an ideal weight.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Try to walk a lot. Like, long walks with no stopping except at maybe a crosswalk, or on a treadmill even though that can be dull.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I understand that fitness isn't based on aesthetics but I've gotten a little pudgy. I'd need to pack on a shitload of muscle for where I'm at to be an ideal weight.

How are you determining ideal weight?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I only care about fitness and bodybuilding for aesthetics. Despite what goons say, it's a legit reason and motivation to get fit

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Try to walk a lot. Like, long walks with no stopping except at maybe a crosswalk, or on a treadmill even though that can be dull.

Also this, transportation exercise is a big help. I stopped driving to work a few years ago and always walk or bike and it has done wonders. You cannot exactly quit if you get tired because you still gotta get to work/home and eventually you build up endurance for more rigorous exercise

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm not like, morbidly obese, I can go for runs without dying. Usually. Actually I'm pretty drat winded after a mile and I generally only make that in like 9 minutes. Moving across country right after the holidays really screwed my routine and I need to make some real gains to get back where I was. The only pressing thing is getting married in 3 months so I'd like to look somewhat presentable for the girl.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I only care about fitness and bodybuilding for aesthetics. Despite what goons say, it's a legit reason and motivation to get fit

Who is saying it's not a legit reason and motivation? Looking good is a motive for pretty much anyone.

The problem is a lot of people end up damaging their bodies worse by trying to get a body that "looks" good above a body that is actually healthy.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'm not like, morbidly obese, I can go for runs without dying. Usually. Actually I'm pretty drat winded after a mile and I generally only make that in like 9 minutes. Moving across country right after the holidays really screwed my routine and I need to make some real gains to get back where I was. The only pressing thing is getting married in 3 months so I'd like to look somewhat presentable for the girl.

Do you have a fitbit? Having a tiny little number taunting you all day is a great motivator.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Bill Dungsroman posted:

If you find long workouts dull and grueling try doing some interval stuff instead. You can accomplish in 20 minutes what would normally take 40 just by alternating the intensity.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Whatever diet and routine Jinder Mahal has been following, just do that

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

Whatever diet and routine Jinder Mahal has been following, just do that

Jinder Mahal is currently in the lead for my "who ain't making 40" poll

Nov 6, 2002

I don't follow wrestling. What is it about Mahal that has everybody talking?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Someone posted his picture a week or two back. He looks like a bodybuilder at maximum cut except like all the time while wrestling and his heart is probably going to explode in a year.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dude got jacked out of nowhere

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Before

After

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Nice lookin' gyne :smug:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
His chest looks like a solemn monkey face.

Nov 6, 2002

Yesh. That's some seriously low body fat. Shouldn't he be too weak in that state to really wrestle??

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who is saying it's not a legit reason and motivation? Looking good is a motive for pretty much anyone.

The problem is a lot of people end up damaging their bodies worse by trying to get a body that "looks" good above a body that is actually healthy..

It's mostly YLLS that criticizes people who workout for aesthetics.

I've always been body image obsessed, so my opinion on this is colored by that fact, realtalk

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How does the new Star Wars movie have a trailer out, yet its release date is Summer 2019

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
the cool way to do cardio is to find somewhere in Google Maps you want to go to, and go there, on a bike

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's mostly YLLS that criticizes people who workout for aesthetics.

I've always been body image obsessed, so my opinion on this is colored by that fact, realtalk

Shows how long I've been ignoring it, I remember when every other post was like "I want to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club!"

Then the bodybuilder roid guys appeared and the answer to everything was complex periodiziation and protein shakes and poo poo.

Then, uh, I forget. I think I got my big red title sometime after I quit posting there regularly.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Puppy Bowl posted:

lmao

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hahahaha

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Threads started in TFLC by women and the creepy goons who post in them can be pretty entertaining

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 25, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You need to break from the myth that fitness means weight loss and that you can target fat.

Anything that causes you to drop more than a pound a week is not going to be permanent, and your belly is going to go last no matter how many sit ups you do.

Mel you eat a double down in between meals so who are you to give fitness advice

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

U fat

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sean10mm posted:

Shows how long I've been ignoring it, I remember when every other post was like "I want to look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club!"

Then the bodybuilder roid guys appeared and the answer to everything was complex periodiziation and protein shakes and poo poo.

Then, uh, I forget. I think I got my big red title sometime after I quit posting there regularly.

I have learned that there are some people who become weirdly offended if you do not do their exercise routine

Metapod posted:

Mel you eat a double down in between meals so who are you to give fitness advice

see!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

imagine one of those nature documentaries showing a herd of stampeding gazelles but instead of gazelles it is lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

:same:

• Locked thread