Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

followup q on vipers stuff--which backpiece with vipers as an option will probably be the least of a pain in the rear end to acquire? looks kinda like each s3 LS chapter adds one? Bloodstone crater is kind of a pain in the rear end to get around in but the fire island doesn't seem too bad, haven't really made it to the others yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Wooden Potatoes is creating Gaming Videos
345 patrons
$2019 a month

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Trebuchet King posted:

followup q on vipers stuff--which backpiece with vipers as an option will probably be the least of a pain in the rear end to acquire? looks kinda like each s3 LS chapter adds one? Bloodstone crater is kind of a pain in the rear end to get around in but the fire island doesn't seem too bad, haven't really made it to the others yet.

Personally I think bitterfrost frontier has the easiest backpack to obtain since the winterberry nodes drop guaranteed berries and are character based so you can farm them easily with multiple characters if you want.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

in the beginning you must forage for the materials to craft your first exotic set, painstakingly upgrading until you have reached your peak

but the journey does not stop, for ascended is a step above that - to truly be esports, a long and expensive journey awaits you. will you buy a ring? an amulet? maybe you're wondering how to get accessories? the price of the armor is beyond you, and you will eagerly shout for all to hear upon acquiring your first ascended weapon

meanwhile

Orv
May 4, 2011
If I kill you I get all that poo poo right? That's how it works?

Aug 24, 2011

yeah but you also become me

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are those all ascended weapon/armor boxes? Do you have a phobia about opening them?

My first armor set was actually grinding karma to buy the Armageddon set from the temple of Melandru in Orr at launch. Felt like I was completing my first set armor.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Just open those chests and salvage everything at that point

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are those all ascended weapon/armor boxes? Do you have a phobia about opening them?

You just end up with a ton of extra boxes if you do the t4 fractal dailies and clear the raid wings.

E: He already has the ascended delivery portable vendor. 1% problems.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Apr 23, 2017

Aug 24, 2011

dad on the rag posted:

You just end up with a ton of extra boxes if you do the t4 fractal dailies and clear the raid wings.

E: He already has the ascended delivery portable vendor. 1% problems.

nothing shall soothe my furious tism

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

nothing shall soothe my furious tism

I will be you, gimme ur boxes

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Cletus have you been logged in since gmissions? I found you idling in Southsun surrounded by pubbies that think you'll lead a karka-killing zerg. Also the bounty is by you for some reason.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Priapus Unbound posted:

Cletus have you been logged in since gmissions? I found you idling in Southsun surrounded by pubbies that think you'll lead a karka-killing zerg. Also the bounty is by you for some reason.

aahahaha

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Okay, Bitterfrost Frontier owns fuckin' bones! It is a very good zone.

Today I finally got to do Dragon's Stand and the chak gerent meta for the first time each. Was a pretty good time, I got Dragon's Stand mostly map-complete in the aftermath, too. Tangled Depths, tho, that's gonna bite.

Aug 24, 2011

Priapus Unbound posted:

this owns

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Trebuchet King posted:

Okay, Bitterfrost Frontier owns fuckin' bones! It is a very good zone.

Today I finally got to do Dragon's Stand and the chak gerent meta for the first time each. Was a pretty good time, I got Dragon's Stand mostly map-complete in the aftermath, too. Tangled Depths, tho, that's gonna bite.

Tangled depths is a super fun map to explore, you just gotta be in the exploring mode. Just accept it's not going to be ~~optimal~~, you're gonna get lost, and just be happy exploring cool places and finding neat stuff.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Oh, it's cool now that I know how the map fits together--I just mean getting the 100% completion done.

Lean techniques seems like a really dumb thing. Seems like it doesn't open anything up, really?

Aug 24, 2011

Trebuchet King posted:

Oh, it's cool now that I know how the map fits together--I just mean getting the 100% completion done.

Lean techniques seems like a really dumb thing. Seems like it doesn't open anything up, really?

it lets you go faster, so some stuff does open up, just not much. its largely QOL

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

It also increases your glide stamina bar, but since gliding faster depletes it quicker you may not notice at first.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

where the red fern gropes posted:

it lets you go faster, so some stuff does open up, just not much. its largely QOL

Leaning also stops you from dropping vertically as much so you can make some glides where you would end up too low without leaning.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Priapus Unbound posted:

lol i've been there nearly 20 hours

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

lol i've been there nearly 20 hours

I thought you were just practicing crab rush because you're too n00b to beat me still even after all these years

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Welp I guess it's time to come back and gently caress with this game a bit. Looks like a lot has changed in 3 years.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
Just started playing yesterday. Never played Guild Wars or this one and decided it was time to give it a try.

This game is a lot better then I was expecting, coming from WoW.

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

justsharkbait posted:

Just started playing yesterday. Never played Guild Wars or this one and decided it was time to give it a try.

Cool, glad you're liking it. You could join a guild for extra people to bother while playing. Everybody's pretty chill.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

justsharkbait posted:

Def join a guild as mentioned, SFD is super chill and right now everyone is just biding their time until the next big update.

btw is that next week? Please? Anet? Colin? Xushin?

Aug 24, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Def join a guild as mentioned, SFD is super chill and right now everyone is just biding their time until the next big update.

btw is that next week? Please? Anet? Colin? Xushin?

yes, flashpoint is coming out next week

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

FlyTB20C posted:

Cool, glad you're liking it. You could join a guild for extra people to bother while playing. Everybody's pretty chill.

Thanks! I was looking into SFD.

I was not able to get on the main server though as it was full. I tried several times.

So i joined a server that a friend plays on.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.
Yeah, Maguuma (and my server of Fapspinwood) have been full every time people I know have checked in the last year or more. I'm not sure what ANET's algorithm for increasing server-size is. Maybe it'll not open back up until people leave? That'd be annoying on servers where a huge portion is away until the next xpac.

Visidan posted:

Wooden Potatoes is creating Gaming Videos
345 patrons
$2019 a month

That's about 6 bucks each. A pretty reasonable Patreon value from what I've seen. Note that I'm not saying that annoying rear end in a top hat deserves it or anything, but someone thinks he does.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

justsharkbait posted:

Thanks! I was looking into SFD.

I was not able to get on the main server though as it was full. I tried several times.

So i joined a server that a friend plays on.

Just so you know, server only matters for determining your WvW home server. For literally everything else, you're the same as everyone and it does not matter. Same trading post, guild, instances, groups, LFG, etc

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I know someone just mentioned waiting for it to be available again but there's a salvage bundle in the gem store;

Copper Salvageomatic
Silver Salvageomatic
3 ticket scraps
3 upgrade extractors
And 25 each of salvageable hides, metals, garments and equipment bags

For 1,360 gems

And apparently there's only going to six LS chapters this season?

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 25, 2017

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I watched the Flashpoint trailer and I actually had to google earlier cutscenes cause I didn't recognise the voice saying 'the charade ends here' (still don't) but thought for one terrifying moment that it was Scarlet

e: also? 44/45 (43/45 for elite specs) the end is nigh

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 25, 2017

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Episode 5 comes out May 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyjcZF6cGhU

("penultimate" episode so yes, only 6 episodes this season, which seems about accurate. These generally had more work put into them compared to season two, and so 2-3 months after this is july/august which seems an appropriate time to announce the next expansion)

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

Illuyankas posted:

I watched the Flashpoint trailer and I actually had to google earlier cutscenes cause I didn't recognise the voice saying 'the charade ends here' (still don't) but thought for one terrifying moment that it was Scarlet

It's the sylvari female PC.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
How many NPCs are actually available for Lazarus to shockingly secretly be, anyway?

I guess it would be somewhat surprising if he was Minister Caudecus all along, or Zojja.

Wait, I'm going with the Zojja theory; that would be an entertaining way to get around the expense of hiring Felicia Day again.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

How many NPCs are actually available for Lazarus to shockingly secretly be, anyway?

I guess it would be somewhat surprising if he was Minister Caudecus all along, or Zojja.

Wait, I'm going with the Zojja theory; that would be an entertaining way to get around the expense of hiring Felicia Day again.

Lazarus is secretly Queen Jennah. Palawa Joko and the elder dragons have been the good guys all along. Scarlet was a freedom fighter that we slaughtered. We are basically troopers of the Sith empire!

E: I want a cut of all the money the potato man is gonna make off my theory.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 25, 2017

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I understand I can chat in multiple guilds at once; if I'm in GOON can someone in both vouch me into SFD or do I gotta go through PROCEDURES?

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Did you already pay the guild admission fee and donate a blood sample?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Trebuchet King posted:

I understand I can chat in multiple guilds at once; if I'm in GOON can someone in both vouch me into SFD or do I gotta go through PROCEDURES?

We do not do cross guild vouching in sfd, I apologize, I will give you cake after you go through our arduous process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
OK so it's been forever since I played - I had 4 birthday packages in the mail waiting for me and I've forgotten everything. I suspect my gear is poo poo anyways.

Is metabattle.com up to date for picking builds? I'm a guardian and I want a build for loving around in WvW and another for playing through the game. I haven't done any living world stuff and I guess I have an expansion to play.

Should I buy the xpack ASAP so I can get the new subclass + whatever else it comes with? Does the deluxe whatever version ever go on sale or should I just grab it from anet?

I am poor as poo poo, thanks inflation.

• Locked thread