Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm glad they're keeping the proud tradition of the Legion Try-Outs alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Wait, ANY kind of wood into ANY OTHER kind of wood?
Holy poo poo. Where's that dude at, he's hired!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
"I need you to turn this plywood into sandalwood."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I need you to turn this morning wood into mahogany

BAM, instantly ends mutant proliferation

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Dude could make a living as a construction supply vendor, if nothing else. Good oak is hard to come by.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Wanderer posted:

Dude could make a living as a construction supply vendor, if nothing else. Good oak is hard to come by.
Yeah, that's one of those powers that you can't use to fight or perform crime but which would make you a very wealthy person.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

ruddiger posted:

Savage Dragon #53, the members of Brute Force are killed off at the beginning of the issue and there's an open casting call for new recruits.

I like that Batman is standing further up in the line for auditions.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

flosofl posted:

I like that Batman is standing further up in the line for auditions.

"Batman, huh? I suppose you've got the ability to fly and summon bats - and kick rear end!" "No, actually, I don't have any powers at all."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nessus posted:

Yeah, that's one of those powers that you can't use to fight or perform crime but which would make you a very wealthy person.

It'd be hard to fight but you could maybe stealthily dismantle hamper organized crime if you were smart about it. Being able to turn strong wood into weaker wood means you could maybe destroy their buildings.

Of course it'd be easier to just get rich and bankroll crimefighters.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Lobok posted:

It'd be hard to fight but you could maybe stealthily dismantle hamper organized crime if you were smart about it. Being able to turn strong wood into weaker wood means you could maybe destroy their buildings.

Of course it'd be easier to just get rich and bankroll crimefighters.

Or, for that matter, you could use it for insurance scams. Someone needs to cash out the insurance on a building? Whoops, suddenly all the wood turned to balsa! Then back to hardwood after the smoke clears, and you're gone and they're none the wiser...

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Wood Boy could save the rainforest. That's superheroic enough for me.

E: wait, I guess they also cut the rainforest down to make space for farmland. Hmm.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Doom Mathematic posted:

Wood Boy could save the rainforest. That's superheroic enough for me.

E: wait, I guess they also cut the rainforest down to make space for farmland. Hmm.

He could make any old forest into the new rainforest.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Grendels Dad posted:

He could make any old forest into the new rainforest.

He's Wood Boy, not Rain Man.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

"Batman, huh? I suppose you've got the ability to fly and summon bats - and kick rear end!" "No, actually, I don't have any powers at all."

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Mister Mind posted:

"Rain Man, huh? I suppose you control the weather, and kick rear end!" "No, actually, I just count really well."

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Injustice 2 #3

Edit - Update, and also spoilered

Roth fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 25, 2017

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Why is Batman just murdering people?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VanSandman posted:

It's not the real Batman.

90% chance it is Jason Todd.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

VanSandman posted:

I haven't read it but from what I gather Injustice is mostly about alternate worlds where superheros are sometimes jackbooted fascists and killers

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Mister Mind posted:

Your avatar reminded me of the payoff to that last page I posted in the bad rear end moments thread.

So a villain named Horde (whose body is made up of leeches) has seized control of the Vicious Circle, the super powered criminal organization running the scene in Chicago. Powerhouse, one of the members, questions how he came into power.

Savage Dragon #39

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 25, 2017

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Roth posted:

Injustice 2 #3

Edit - Update, and also spoilered

Is Injustice Evil Batman wearing the soul-devouring suit used to run assaults against Darkseid?

The one Lois wore when she fought Cyborg Superman?

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
At risk of :thejoke: (EDIT: oh who am I kidding, I am totally being That Guy right now), what is happening in the Injustice 2 #3 spoiler pages?

Is NotBatman trying to blow up Calendar Man but he keeps fat fingering the the other guys into exploding?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 25, 2017

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Unlucky7 posted:

At risk of :thejoke: (EDIT: oh who am I kidding, I am totally being That Guy right now), what is happening in the Injustice 2 #3 spoiler pages?

Is NotBatman trying to blow up Calendar Man but he keeps fat fingering the the other guys into exploding?

Haven't read the comic, just guessing, NotBatman wanted to kill all of them, but Calendar Man's implant malfunctioned.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Phylodox posted:

Haven't read the comic, just guessing, NotBatman wanted to kill all of them, but Calendar Man's implant malfunctioned.

That is probably it now that I look at it like that. Though I do like my interpretation a little better.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
In what world is clock king useless?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Discendo Vox posted:

I'll give this a bullshit fanwank theory.

This Not Batman probably only sees villains that are obviously capable of causing serious damage as useful, and ignores abilities and skills that aren't immediately obvious how far they can be taken. Unlike the actual Batman who doesn't underestimate anybody.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm the king of clocks
There ain't none higher
Sucka MCs
Should call me sire

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

Isn't that Calendar Man?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Clock King is one of the guys in the background.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol he decided to keep orca the whale woman, of all people

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Maybe they are starting an aquarium if he's all "I'd blow up your head too, but crocs are unique I guess"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Don't kinkshame.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

purple death ray posted:

I haven't read it but from what I gather Injustice is mostly about alternate worlds where superheros are sometimes jackbooted fascists and killers

It's just one alternate universe in the first game at least. Every hero except Batman (who is apparently too awesome to ever be a villain) and Green Arrow (who got killed when he dissented) decided that a one-world police state government meant everybody would be safe.

My bet on fake Batman is Damien Wayne, there's already precedent since he was alt-universe Nightwing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cleretic posted:

It's just one alternate universe in the first game at least. Every hero except Batman (who is apparently too awesome to ever be a villain) and Green Arrow (who got killed when he dissented) decided that a one-world police state government meant everybody would be safe.

Not every hero, just enough of the heavy hitters. Off the top of my head, Batwoman, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Jason Blood, Constantine, Detective Chimp, Dr. Fate, most Green Lanterns, Captain Atom and Plastic Man all fought against the regime, it's just that it's really hard to go against fascist Superman, Flash, and Wonder Woman without getting killed or at least seriously injured. Plus, a fair number of people on Superman's side are just loving scared of him, like Aquaman.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Plastic Man just decided that it Wasn't His loving Problem and after rescuing his son went to live in a quiet cabin in the mountains or something.

(Of course the real reason is that designing the rigging for a playable Plastic Man would be a complete bitch and a half.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Plastic Man just decided that it Wasn't His loving Problem and after rescuing his son went to live in a quiet cabin in the mountains or something.
He still managed to get some great moments first, though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Lurdiak posted:

Not every hero, just enough of the heavy hitters. Off the top of my head, Batwoman, Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Jason Blood, Constantine, Detective Chimp, Dr. Fate, most Green Lanterns, Captain Atom and Plastic Man all fought against the regime, it's just that it's really hard to go against fascist Superman, Flash, and Wonder Woman without getting killed or at least seriously injured. Plus, a fair number of people on Superman's side are just loving scared of him, like Aquaman.

I haven't actually read the comic, I just played the game. None of those insurgents were in the game itself outside of DLC or background elements.

Pureauthor posted:

(Of course the real reason is that designing the rigging for a playable Plastic Man would be a complete bitch and a half.)

Was Plastic Man actually planned as a character for either Injustice? The sequel's got Swamp Thing and Scarecrow both packing moves that would suggest they solved the potential issues in rigging Plastic Man, but he himself isn't there.

Speaking of all this, can I ask how the Flash's costume looked in the comics? The weirdly-armored suit looked pretty wrong for him in the game, but maybe it worked better on paper.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Cleretic posted:

I haven't actually read the comic, I just played the game. None of those insurgents were in the game itself outside of DLC or background elements.

Oh yeah, the game's stupid and instead of an insurgency it's just Batman, Secret Agent Lex Luthor, Harley Quinn not helping much, Deathstroke, and the Good Guy Dimension.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Tom Taylor should be in charge of Harley Quinn and Superman forever.

And Green Arrow, Alfred, and at least part of John Constantine.

How many people need to die before he becomes EIC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

The Injustice world. Pay attention.