Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Real hurthling! posted:

When did they put chun li in the marvel phone game?

Funny you ask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-32-qshz33I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I guess they couldn't afford voice acting for anyone other than Sigma and Ultron. The silence while they're fighting is weird as hell

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
It's hard when you refuse to spend more money on a game than you can dig out of the couch

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lol @ anyone who had hoped for mvci

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

MinibarMatchman posted:

Chris looks loving awful. It should have been Leon; who the gently caress likes Chris.

apparently people are freaking over the DLC costumes, I have no idea why. They look beyond bland. Shirtless Thor, X with a scarf, Evil Ryu.

Chris is cool as poo poo

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
So no matter what, if you want Sigma, you have to pay more. Either by buying the more expensive Deluxe edition or by buying him as post-launch DLC.

It's also rumored that the game may have TVC controls again. If that's the case then gently caress this game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Agoat posted:

Chris is cool as poo poo

Chris is nothing without a Wesker though.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Chris is nothing without a Wesker though.

This is also true

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Cabbagepots posted:

So no matter what, if you want Sigma, you have to pay more. Either by buying the more expensive Deluxe edition or by buying him as post-launch DLC.

It's also rumored that the game may have TVC controls again. If that's the case then gently caress this game.

this

THIS IS WHAT I WAS loving WAITING FOR

gimmie dat nerdrage

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cabbagepots posted:

if it looks like a F2P game might as well play like one too

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

CharlestonJew posted:

I guess they couldn't afford voice acting for anyone other than Sigma and Ultron. The silence while they're fighting is weird as hell

That was very weird, you didn't even get any effort sounds except for a Hulk growl (which was probably just a stock sound). Sound design/mixing was also kinda poo poo. It's the kind of stuff you'd expect for a game announcement with a TBD date, except we're less than 5 months from launch.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Race Realists posted:

this

THIS IS WHAT I WAS loving WAITING FOR

gimmie dat nerdrage

What did I say that was unreasonable?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

Chris looks loving awful. It should have been Leon; who the gently caress likes Chris.

apparently people are freaking over the DLC costumes, I have no idea why. They look beyond bland. Shirtless Thor, X with a scarf, Evil Ryu.

Barbarian hulk is cool

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MinibarMatchman posted:

Why are they advertising DLC content in previews? They should be ashamed of DLC, not putting it front and centre. Why would anyone be excited for extra cost? You are supposed to make a good game first to entice people, the DLC is frosting.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is this where I say MvCI looks like poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Captain Baal posted:

Is this where I say MvCI looks like poo poo

Wait until after the next gameplay trailer so we can get straight to the funniest things

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
MvCI looks like poo poo

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Zand posted:

its really weird for a vs game to have too many characters locked behind a paywall or have a seasonal design model

sfv was a 60 dollar game with 30 dollar seasonal character passes, so its price is closing in on 120 if you wanted to stay current in a new game since its launch. hopefully the marvel model doesnt have such aggressive pricing

This is very true.

Shameful that dota and smite are the only recent games that have figured out this whole "multiple characters" things

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I wish KI were more popular if only to pressure other publishers into making a well cared-for and reasonably priced product. At least with KI it's F2P and you can throw down $40 to get a pretty deep roster of characters.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

SMH if you don't think command mission X looks cool.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was an awful cg trailer.:wow:

Also, I expected it but gently caress Capcom for announcing DLC before the game is even out yet.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

quote:

I can say this right now: DP inputs are gone. Ryu’s Shoryuken is done with a down, down motion

but also its 6 button w custom motion assist from my own channels which is interesting as hell

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 25, 2017

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Also:

quote:

There are even more dumbed down gameplay changes that I can't talk about right now, but you'll hear about everything in a few days.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It'll be sick when people can dp while holding back

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Boy will there be egg on my face when it's revealed that you can't block in this game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't have a problem with simplified controls personally as long as the game is fun but its sfxt2 so idk

like pocket fighter is really cool with a simple control scheme. accessibility is fine. i'll get mad if there is only 2 combo each char can do like in sfv (where srk is already 33P)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh and technical issues as well. if the game has long loads, high input lag, and one sided rollback capcom should probably stop making games before ruining a new darkstalkers reboot next year

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

but also its 6 button w custom motion assist from my own channels which is interesting as hell

Oh, they're pulling a SG? That could be interesting.

My hope for MvCI is that they miss the mark on a Vs. game but accidentally land on an Aquapazza or some poo poo. DP to 22 is bizarre, but I can take it depending on universal properties for those moves.

Real hurthling! posted:

oh and technical issues as well. if the game has long loads, high input lag, and one sided rollback capcom should probably stop making games before ruining a new darkstalkers reboot next year

I wonder if you could call child services on Capcom if they also wreck Marvel. Take SF and Vs. away from them, into a good house, with good PR and game design.

Dias fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Apr 25, 2017

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

pushing down down punch to shoryuken is retarded. prepare to loving accidentally dp when you wanted to do a sweep. there's no way that's real.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Fereydun posted:

Akatsuki's DP type move in UNIEL and I assume from his own game is a down down but it feels weird and wrong to make Ryu's Shoryuken a down down.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

consider this: wavedashing with d,d specials vs the design philosophy of making d,d dps

dash button or no wavedash incoming

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Melty has a bunch of 22 reversals, but an universal DP motion change seems weird. Capcom tried pulling that poo poo with HCB throws in V too.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MinibarMatchman posted:

pushing down down punch to shoryuken is retarded. prepare to loving accidentally dp when you wanted to do a sweep. there's no way that's real.

It's a thing for an uniel character and it's literally never an issue

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fereydun posted:

consider this: wavedashing with d,d specials vs the design philosophy of making d,d dps

dash button or no wavedash incoming

No wavedash, dashes will be double tap or double button.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Serenade posted:

This is very true.

Shameful that dota and smite are the only recent games that have figured out this whole "multiple characters" things

I personally like Skullgirls and the "every update is free for existing owners" for a few weeks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm fine with simplified commands if it doesn't make the game shallow. Its everything else about Infinite that looks terrible so far.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
22 for dp is the least worrying thing about this pile of trash

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm fine with simplified commands if it doesn't make the game shallow. Its everything else about Infinite that looks terrible so far.

Y'know, I sat on it for an hour and I can say that gently caress i forgot wavedashing 22 as a common motion is baaaaaaaaaaaaad

I mean, at least if you want the game to feel like Marvel.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Pomp posted:

It's a thing for an uniel character and it's literally never an issue

Counterpoint, it's Capcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
When I was a young man, dewy-eyed, we would all lose our minds at how great trailers looked.

Now I am an Old, cynical and weary, and everyone's losing their mind at how bad trailers look. Do we not all recall the spectacle of KOFXIV's early trailers? Have we forgotten our lessons so soon?

It'll probably be on the E3 show floor in a few weeks. That's when you use up all your best snark moves. To do so now is to jump the gun.