Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Sorry, I meant that the Tunguska was more of a threat to the cruise missiles due to the S-300 radar not being that useful against low flying targets.
I assumed that it accompanied the S-300 just in case we'd try to (literally) sneak a few cruise missiles under the radar.

Edit: Beaten like a Tornado.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Tunguskas are not something that can effortlessly swat munitions out of the air like they can swat planes and planes can fly above their engagement range

E: also the s300 radar still has about a 70 mile range at just above ground level. Hitting the trucks with cruise missile it is an advantage bc that is not a strategic point likely to be guarded by the s300 being that close

atelier morgan fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Apr 25, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Well, that's why Pocket Rocket Monsters has the (totally optional and not recommended) diamond strike AFTER the SEAD phases! I'm pretty sure several of these plans are like that, as well.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I already voted for Black Diamond but I'm just confirming it.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Can't wait til we eventually get the MALD. It's so awesome for pissing off the latest and greatest SAMs.

"Just gonna launch this loitering, jamming projectile and give it a series of waypoints and altitude along these six JASSMs, ain't no thing"

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Tythas posted:

I stand by having this as our emblem

I'm making an executive decision : That's our Logo, or a variant of it.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Tythas posted:

I stand by having this as our emblem

This is excellent. Just one idea, maybe it would look better if "wings" were straight instead of angled upwards?

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

UberJew posted:

Tunguskas are not something that can effortlessly swat munitions out of the air like they can swat planes and planes can fly above their engagement range

E: also the s300 radar still has about a 70 mile range at just above ground level. Hitting the trucks with cruise missile it is an advantage bc that is not a strategic point likely to be guarded by the s300 being that close

Yes, of course. Operation Diamond Rain won't be affected by the SAM but I wondered if we could improve the chance of actually hitting the S-300 somehow without saturation bombing or praying to the RNG.
(I still think that Black Diamond is the safest option in general, though.)

BTW, you're a great at coming up with interesting threats/challenges Yooper.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Crazycryodude posted:

Ok we have to give the SK-60's some dragon-themed nose art at the very least. We can't just have these lovely little trainers that killed an entire base of 5th gen stealth fighters without suffering a scratch in return and NOT commemorate that somehow.

Agreed. Also liking the giant grenade painted on the bottom.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
I don't mean to get ahead of myself but will nukes ever come into play in this? because I know some guys that can get us the good poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OKn6ShX0-o
(how the poo poo do you use url tags the BBcodes explained page isn't clear enough for me it appears :downs:)

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Thefluffy posted:

I don't mean to get ahead of myself but will nukes ever come into play in this? because I know some guys that can get us the good poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OKn6ShX0-o
(how the poo poo do you use url tags the BBcodes explained page isn't clear enough for me it appears :downs:)

They will if I have any say in it :colbert:

Stago Lego
Sep 3, 2011
While we are getting the camo an livery of the planes right, how about the uniform?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Gervasius posted:

This is excellent. Just one idea, maybe it would look better if "wings" were straight instead of angled upwards?

but that ruins the hidden image

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Thefluffy posted:

(url=http://somedeadgaycomedyforum.com)Some dead gay comedy forum(/url)

edit: I like the bottom of the two logo variants, and their present angle.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Black Diamond sounds fine.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
black diamond

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Name the SK-60s "St. George", "Sigurd", "Susanoo", "Nezha", "Zeus" and "Marduk".

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

The Sandman posted:

Name the SK-60s "St. George", "Sigurd", "Susanoo", "Nezha", "Zeus" and "Marduk".

Look man, as much as I'd appreciate the theme naming these are still Sk60s. Those are far too dignified names for them, as much as I wish otherwise.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

vote

Black Diamond
bacarruda
thatbastardken
uberjew
penguin salsa
night10194
yvonmukluk
el spams
stage lego
patrocclesiastes
glynnentein
sniper4625
circlmastr
chitory12
gervasius
miki
cthulhu dreams

By The Numbers
power crystals
loel
the sandman
crazycryodude
vando
hexenritter
tythas

reverse isiah mustafa
psawhn
cathode raymond
mllaneza
popete

down the throat
added space

Falafel Ranger
sparkmaster

Doodlebug
quinn tan

I love warcrimes
koolkevz666

operation pocket rocket monster
davin valor

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Gervasius posted:

...that's not wings, that's goatse.

Goddamnit.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

I am starting to think we need to just show the number of votes for plans as the number of people voting is steadily increasing

Edit

Quinntan posted:

Goddamnit.
about time someone saw that

Tythas fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 25, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Tythas posted:

I am starting to think we need to just show the number of votes for plans as the number of people voting is steadily increasing

Normally Id say yes, but a lot of people vote 2-3 times, switch votes etc. So listing the names lets me see who is where.

Takes more space, but is more accurate.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Tythas posted:

Edit

about time someone saw that

If you're on these forums and can't spot a goatse I really don't know what to tell you

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Quinntan posted:

Goddamnit.

I am aware of that, jesus christ.

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Hexenritter posted:

If you're on these forums and can't spot a goatse I really don't know what to tell you

Gervasius posted:

I am aware of that, jesus christ.

It took me a while to cotton on to the ring, and then I clocked it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yooper, given the lead that Black Diamond has, will we be seeing any explosions tonight? :D

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Yooper posted:

No idea who's flying them right now. I imagine they're hiring pilots on eLancer or something.

Intel on The Faithful is thin right now, I've got sources digging into it.

Flyerr.com

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hexenritter posted:

beautiful.

And purely because I had a hand in its creation back in the day (before changing my username from CitrusFrog), I plan on painting goatstairs* on whatever aircraft I end up in.

*No I will never let that glorious flag die :v:

Needs the ring, otherwise this is perfect.

e: vv oh, duh. Of course it is.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 26, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

sebmojo posted:

Needs the ring, otherwise this is perfect.

oh it's there

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

PenguinSalsa posted:

Yes, of course. Operation Diamond Rain won't be affected by the SAM but I wondered if we could improve the chance of actually hitting the S-300 somehow without saturation bombing or praying to the RNG.
(I still think that Black Diamond is the safest option in general, though.)

BTW, you're a great at coming up with interesting threats/challenges Yooper.

Thanks! Walking the line between plausibility, excitability, and survivability has been challenging. Hopefully we can keep toeing that line without losing all our jets.

Thefluffy posted:

Nukes might, but I'm not sure we'd have them, or if we did it would be a very special case. Even in our alternate timeline only 2 were used beyond the first 2. So it'd be kind of special if a corporation dropped one.

code:

[url=http://yoururl.com]Words Words Words[/url]

Loel posted:

Normally Id say yes, but a lot of people vote 2-3 times, switch votes etc. So listing the names lets me see who is where.

Takes more space, but is more accurate.

I have a spreadsheet that counts all participating goons and adds it up nicely for me. We're up to 129 voting goons, though not all vote on every decision. Some of you just like plane chat, others seem to like missions, while others just pop in, poo poo the place up, and disappear. But it's cool, I'll take everyone.

Loel posted:

Yooper, given the lead that Black Diamond has, will we be seeing any explosions tonight? :D

Probably not. Though if all goes well I'll enter in all the orders. At that point I get to watch everyone fly, get blown up, and tweak order times and such.

Does anyone have an interest in seeing the mission live, on Twitch or YouTube? Not saying I will, but curious. I kind of like the flexibility to do it whenever.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Yooper posted:

Does anyone have an interest in seeing the mission live, on Twitch or YouTube? Not saying I will, but curious. I kind of like the flexibility to do it whenever.

So you dont need vote count help? Just want to double check :D

Also, I would totally watch if Im not at work etc. Otherwise Ill have to watch the saved version :v:

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Loel posted:

Also, I would totally watch if Im not at work etc. Otherwise Ill have to watch the saved version :v:

You can for a running tally if you'd like, but I got it so no worries.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Yooper posted:

I would most certainly watch (hopefully on youtube live as twitch is blocked at work)

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loel posted:

what he means to say is "update your thread too" :argh:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tythas posted:

Voting for By The Numbers also might I suggest this image for our emblem (only size I got)

This is classy.

e: for a graphic representation of a man with a live grenade in his obscenely distended anus

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 26, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hexenritter posted:

what he means to say is "update your thread too" :argh:

Im so tired :negative:

sebmojo posted:

This is classy.

e: for a graphic representation of a man with a live grenade in his obscenely distended anus

If you are going to do something, do it right :colbert:

Loel fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 26, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loel posted:

Im so tired :negative:

I had suspected such, my poor little jarhead. :( I just miss your space shenanigans. That said, ain't nothing recharges them batteries like bombing the poo poo out of third world nations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Hexenritter posted:

I had suspected such, my poor little jarhead. :( I just miss your space shenanigans. That said, ain't nothing recharges them batteries like bombing the poo poo out of third world nations.

Think of it as research for the next Arc :v:

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Black Diamond

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loel posted:

Think of it as research for the next Arc :v:

:getin:

I may or may not have become turgid at that.