Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I wish I could give a poo poo about any of these capcom characters. Although it's good I don't, because while I can remember how terrible I am at fighters watching Injustice, a full Marvel fighter would see me preordering before I could stop myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I got Marvel vs Capcom 3 recently and playing it is showing my how badlt this game pretty much needs a fight stick.

At least Injustice plays fine on a gamepad.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Capcom hasn't made a fighter I gave a poo poo about since Capcom vs SNK 2 and I doubt Infinite's gonna change my mind.

At least it can't be worse than SF5.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

I got Marvel vs Capcom 3 recently and playing it is showing my how badlt this game pretty much needs a fight stick.

At least Injustice plays fine on a gamepad.

That's the other thing, the games move way too fast for my old man reflexes. With Injustice I can at least gently caress around and have fun, but when I played whatever the last MvC was it was a straight up stomping everytime and I couldn't really pull off any special moves.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Waffleman_ posted:

Like I said, every character that's been announced bar X, Sigma, Ultron, and Carol are returning characters from Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Yea, it's not really an surprising roster.

Deadpool is basically replaced by Captain Marvel. And yea outside of Megaman and the SF characters, I have zero connection to any of the Capcom characters.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm hoping my man Chris Redfield is more suited to my play style this time out, and that Spider-Man is better than he was in MVC3.

Marvel and Capcom are the homes of my two big pop-culture obsessions, so the game's more or less made for me.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Waffleman_ posted:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363291

Here's a roundup on info regarding characters considered for Marvel vs Capcom 3.

God, this is depressing seeing who was mooted then discarded while some truly boring characters still made it in. Still, it goes both ways though - I refuse to believe there is anyone on the planet who would have wanted The Hood in either.

Presumably for Infinite they can just stick a ScarJo-ish head on Jill Valentine, give her a new super and a zap move and call it a day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So Marvel Heroes Omega is currently in closed beta for the PS4 but obviously you can throw money at them by purchasing "Founders Packs" and get access. There are currently 6 packs; X-Men (Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Ice Man, Jean Grey and Psylocke,) Avengers (Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow,) GOTG (which despite being called that is only Star Lord and Rocket,) Deadpool, War Machine and Spider-Man.

The packs range in price from $60 to $20 and they say if you buy all of them (which will set you back about $220) you'll get a (timed) exclusive Symbiote costume for Spider-Man and (timed) exclusive access to Iron Fist.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Just finished up all of Riddler's stuff in Arkham Knight and the last three Arkham Episodes (Catwoman, Nightwing, and Robin). As much as I criticise Knight's writing, I feel like a lot of the individual beats work just fine, Batman's discussion with Catwoman after beating Riddler (which was a fun fight) was pretty good I felt. The Nightwing episode was pretty decent, if nothing spectacular. Robin had an annoying stealth section (the second one, with the three guys and the three turrets, I hosed that one up so much), but Catwoman's huge final fight loving sucked holy poo poo was that fight awful. Overall, I feel like Arkham Knight is about on par with Origins, namely it's still a really good game but with some very notable flaws that hurt it a lot.

Although, having done it in three games now, I will be perfectly happy if I never have to pick up another Riddler Trophy again.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The Batgirl DLC felt like the best one, structure-wise, to me, because the amusement park felt like a mini-open-world, rather than the blatant on-rails aspect that the Red Hood/Harley/Dick/Tim/Selina go through.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

catlord posted:

Catwoman's huge final fight loving sucked holy poo poo was that fight awful.
Are you talking about the elevator with the swarms of robots?

That one was driving me crazy until I realized that the easiest way to win is not to play not move the character AT ALL and just keep hitting the attack button and she would stay within bounds, and then I was done in no time.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

redbackground posted:

Are you talking about the elevator with the swarms of robots?

That one was driving me crazy until I realized that the easiest way to win is not to play not move the character AT ALL and just keep hitting the attack button and she would stay within bounds, and then I was done in no time.

Yeah, when the platform shrinks. I tried that, I did several attempts where I'd just sit in the middle and counter since hitting attack would almost always send me into the electrified portions, but I found that the electrified robots would make the counter blend in with the sparks. Eventually I saw a suggestion to just mash through as fast as you can, don't do takedowns or anything, a critical strike will generally destroy one so if you keep bouncing around you can do it. Last run I finished it before the electrified panels got anywhere near the centre.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I did 100% replays of both arkham asylum and Arkham city multiple times. I only beat Arkham Knight once. Having the batmobile in that game proves why you shouldn't always cave in to fan demands.

Having professor pig in the game as pretty awesome though

Maybe I should try the DLC,

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'll probably replay AK someday if just to experience the DLC but yeah, it's by far the weakest of the games and it's almost entirely on the back of the Batmobile. If it had more good dungeons and such instead of tankfights it'd probably be easier to ignore the crap story.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Monaghan posted:

Maybe I should try the DLC,

The Batgirl DLC is very good (though docked ten points for using Tim as Robin), and the Season of Infamy bits were actually really well done, esp. the Freeze one.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Apr 27, 2017

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

Monaghan posted:

Having professor pig in the game as pretty awesome though

That was great because I was 100% expecting that to be the continuation of the Hush mission from City.

ImpAtom posted:

I'll probably replay AK someday if just to experience the DLC but yeah, it's by far the weakest of the games and it's almost entirely on the back of the Batmobile. If it had more good dungeons and such instead of tankfights it'd probably be easier to ignore the crap story.

I'm still pissed that you have a tankfight with Deathstroke. What a poo poo end to that.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm gonna pre-order Injustice 2 tonight

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Someday I need to actually finish Arkham City, but I find myself Batmaned out lately.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, here's the Joker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq4uDaxSMJk

This design is utterly awful

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Excuse me, he's canonically Le Joker now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Roth posted:

This design is utterly awful

Yeah, it's great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Deathmatch between Injustice 2 Joker and DCEU Joker.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I wonder how the Joker comes back in this considering the thing that began all the troubles in the Injustice universe was Superman putting his fist through him.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how the Joker comes back in this considering the thing that began all the troubles in the Injustice universe was Superman putting his fist through him.

It's probably going to be a plot point.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm bad at fighting games, so I only know bits and pieces of the story. But isn't alternate universes a plot point? Should be easy to throw anyone in.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Professor Wayne posted:

I'm bad at fighting games, so I only know bits and pieces of the story. But isn't alternate universes a plot point? Should be easy to throw anyone in.

The whole story of the first game was about Injustice Batman pulling over all the heroes from the good universe to fix things So it's totally possible, but from what little I've seen of this one so far, they seem to be keeping mostly to their own universe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Welp interest in Injustice 2 just dropped massively. gently caress the Joker, gently caress that stupid rapist clown.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Welp interest in Injustice 2 just dropped massively. gently caress the Joker, gently caress that stupid rapist clown.

Are you thinking of a different Joker

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's a shame they couldn't just let the Joker stay dead. They let everyone else they killed in the first game stay that way.

Why couldn't they have brought back Luthor or Captain Marvel? Okay I know why, because the Joker is one of the most popular DC characters ever, but those other two really deserve to be happy :(

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhonne posted:

I wonder how the Joker comes back in this

He doesn't that's Max Landis in the trailer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhonne posted:

The whole story of the first game was about Injustice Batman pulling over all the heroes from the good universe to fix things So it's totally possible, but from what little I've seen of this one so far, they seem to be keeping mostly to their own universe.

The only alternate universe stuff in this one is Dr. Fate bringing Canary back. Nobody with that kind of power would want Joker back.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lurdiak posted:

Are you thinking of a different Joker

I hate how important he is now to DC, and its branding. Especially after its Canon that he sexually assault Barbara after he shot her.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hope the kids that have no idea what they're doing pick Joker so I can beat up the Joker as Canary or Darkseid

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I hate how important he is now to DC, and its branding. Especially after its Canon that he sexually assault Barbara after he shot her.

When was this made canon? Was it a New 52/Rebirth thing?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It's been canon since The Killing Joke was published.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Is this another Brian Azzarello thing?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

The only alternate universe stuff in this one is Dr. Fate bringing Canary back. Nobody with that kind of power would want Joker back.

"Good news Batman, I brought back Canary, unfortunately it may have taken me a few tries to get the right person."

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Roth posted:

It's been canon since The Killing Joke was published.

He stripped her naked and took photos of her, but he did the same thing to Jim. It was definitely monstrous and assault but I doubt he was cumming in his pants during either of them. Especially since Batman is his main thing and all.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

He stripped her naked and took photos of her, but he did the same thing to Jim. It was definitely monstrous and assault but I doubt he was cumming in his pants during either of them. Especially since Batman is his main thing and all.

That is still sexual assault. Sexual assault is not synonymous with rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Joker definitely stuck his albino dick inside Barbara Gordon's butt, which is why Batman definitely killed him at the end of the story.

Also I'm an idiot.