Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Richard M Nixon posted:

OK so it's been forever since I played - I had 4 birthday packages in the mail waiting for me and I've forgotten everything. I suspect my gear is poo poo anyways.

Is metabattle.com up to date for picking builds? I'm a guardian and I want a build for loving around in WvW and another for playing through the game. I haven't done any living world stuff and I guess I have an expansion to play.

Should I buy the xpack ASAP so I can get the new subclass + whatever else it comes with? Does the deluxe whatever version ever go on sale or should I just grab it from anet?

I am poor as poo poo, thanks inflation.

As of today the price of the expansion is 30 bucks as the new standard. The next expansion is likely to come out (soon?) after the current living world season is over, and right now we're on episode 4/6 with the next episode dropping soon.

Hopefully that information informs your decision!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

Priapus Unbound posted:

As of today the price of the expansion is 30 bucks as the new standard. The next expansion is likely to come out (soon?) after the current living world season is over, and right now we're on episode 4/6 with the next episode dropping soon.

Hopefully that information informs your decision!

Did it just drop? After posting I went and looked for ~shady~ 3rd party key retailers and then I compared the prices against anet and it seemed like it was cheaper than yesterday. I just went ahead and grabbed it from anet since it was a deal.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

drat, i was hoping for the next chapter to be the last one in this season. i just want a drat announcement for the next expansion already.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Rand Brittain posted:

How many NPCs are actually available for Lazarus to shockingly secretly be, anyway?

I guess it would be somewhat surprising if he was Minister Caudecus all along, or Zojja.

Wait, I'm going with the Zojja theory; that would be an entertaining way to get around the expense of hiring Felicia Day again.

I'm still hoping for Palawa Joko to dovetail into an Elona expansion.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

drat, i was hoping for the next chapter to be the last one in this season. i just want a drat announcement for the next expansion already.

Same, I still enjoy the game quite a bit but this content drought is brutal

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
First whisper of the night

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
Sorry those poo poo players won't stop talking about animu.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

treizebee posted:

First whisper of the night

he's actually talking about me, my pvp build is extremely cancer

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

loving hell sfd we've discussed this, anime is bad

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

watch how you want

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
studio goblinis disney you stupid gently caress

go cry while jerking off your tariffed canadian softwood

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

I've been doing that the entire length of gw2 fyi

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've been doing that the entire length of gw2 fyi

if you compare your Canadian softwood to GW2's living story where does the head end and the shaft begin

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How often do seasonal contents in black lion chests roll over?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Roughly every season.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Real life season or LS season?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Erdricks posted:

Real life season or LS season?

ls

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

CLAM DOWN posted:

loving hell sfd we've discussed this, anime is art

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Visidan posted:

There was that one interview where the studio​ ghibli dude both shat all over anime, and flipped off a picture of walt disney. Apparently when you're referred to as something for decades, you really start to loving hate it.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Legendary armor is coming this Tuesday. Upgrades on the legendary armor will be moved to your inventory when you apply another upgrade. I think they also show previews of the light and medium armor.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-armor-is-coming-soon/

E: should have made it asurabutt.png
E2: don't like the look of either, too many buttcapes.png

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 26, 2017

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Hey folks. I'm currently working my way through the expansion and really loving the first couple of HoT maps (how did I ever live without gliding?!), although Tangled Depths was a bit of a shock. I've had a multi-year gap before buying HoT, so I've never really got far into the endgame.

I'm currently doing the pve dailies, a couple of casual pvp games to pick up the dailies there as well, and unlocking some lower level dungeon paths. Any recommendations for some long term goals I should be working towards?

I'm always going to be a relatively casual player given the pretty limited amount of time I have to put into the game - is trying to acquire a legendary weapon completely unrealistic without poopsocking 24/7? I have a single ascended weapon at the moment with the rest of my gear being exotic, but I'm not entirely clear whether I should be trying to get more ascended gear such as armour or throwing all my efforts into researching and acquiring a legendary.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

dad on the rag posted:

Legendary armor is coming this Tuesday. Upgrades on the legendary armor will be moved to your inventory when you apply another upgrade. I think they also show previews of the light and medium armor.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/legendary-armor-is-coming-soon/

E: should have made it asurabutt.png
E2: don't like the look of either, too many buttcapes.png

I forget, is legendary armor raid-only? Also, they all look like poo poo.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
It has to be an elaborate joke, to cause all the obsessed raiders to stand around lion's arch in awful-looking armor.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the issue with including top-tier 'legendary' armor in a game like guild wars 2 is that a lot of armor already looks like overworked crap and it's not going to be any different

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

UchihaHirou posted:

I forget, is legendary armor raid-only? Also, they all look like poo poo.

Yeah you need to raid to get the legendary armor. The heavy armor makes you into a Tranformer. It'll be great for rping as Optimus Prime in LA.

E: nothing wrong with being a Tranformer!!!!1!

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 26, 2017

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

It has to be an elaborate joke, to cause all the obsessed raiders to stand around lion's arch in awful-looking armor.

Seriously, it all looks awful. Only the heavy one is marginally cool looking, and even then I would never choose it over other options.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
All three sets look fine, however I may be biased as I can choose whether to craft them or not.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Any idea how much raiding is required to make legendary armor?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Erdricks posted:

You need 25 Legendary Insights per armor piece. You can get up to 13 per week (one for each raid boss).

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Erdricks posted:

You need 150 legendary insights for the full set. I believe it's 13 LI per week now if you clear everything.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Generic Octopus posted:

You need 25 Legendary Insights per armor piece. You can get up to 13 per week (one for each raid boss).

How painful is using lfg to find raids?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Erdricks posted:

How painful is using lfg to find raids?

Really easy if you have a bunch of LI and/or kill proof. LFG is bad if you are starting out or plan to be efficient.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

All three sets look fine, however I may be biased as I can choose whether to craft them or not.

They look like poo poo and it's not because I just finished another legendary and am poor again.

The light armour is legitimately awful at least.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

You can reskin it at least! Even if it doesn't look great I do like the idea of selectable stats and would love that plus rune changing for my ele or ranger. Now we just need saveable builds to go with them so I don't have to change all my traits and skills too.

Is there any way to get all three sets or is it going to be limited to one precursor set only?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Vidmaster posted:

You can reskin it at least! Even if it doesn't look great I do like the idea of selectable stats and would love that plus rune changing for my ele or ranger. Now we just need saveable builds to go with them so I don't have to change all my traits and skills too.

Is there any way to get all three sets or is it going to be limited to one precursor set only?

You'll get crafting recipes for the other armor classes.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-Armor-Information/first#post6206335

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Oh good, that was one of the main issues I had with it all. The other issue was having to switch out runes, which is solved apparently.

So now I guess I'll actually have to try and make a set, if only to allow one of my characters to not have a poo poo ton of armors for different builds. Oh who am I kidding, gently caress legendaries for life!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I got to 80 (ranger) and hopped into HoT for a bit to unlock masteries, but I feel like I'm a bit undergeared so I was thinking of going back to some of the lower level areas to get some materials and level up crafting, and holy poo poo the tier 3 stuff (cotton/coarse) is nowhere to be found. I'm checking 35-50 areas, been at it for two hours and got all of 3 pieces of cotton and 2 leather scraps.

Is crafting my best bet to gear up a bit, or should I be hitting my face against silverwastes/verdant and see if some better gear drops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I got to 80 (ranger) and hopped into HoT for a bit to unlock masteries, but I feel like I'm a bit undergeared so I was thinking of going back to some of the lower level areas to get some materials and level up crafting, and holy poo poo the tier 3 stuff (cotton/coarse) is nowhere to be found. I'm checking 35-50 areas, been at it for two hours and got all of 3 pieces of cotton and 2 leather scraps.

Go onto the trading post and buy exotic gear. Congratulations, you are now fully geared! There isn't a lot for crafting until you get to sime specific end game stuff, so don't worry about it.

If that's still too expensive, there are alternatives. Run dungeons for tokens to buy exotics, play spvp (or just dp your spvp dailies) to get exo boxes to pick weapons, or play wvw to buy exos with badges.

• Locked thread