Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

So uh, how about getting that build then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
He won't betray the biotic build secrecy of his super asari adept waifu.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Magmarashi posted:

So uh, how about getting that build then?

I think he was just restating the eternal truism that you scrubs need to git gud, not providing a warranty on that particular build concept.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

precision posted:

I've done that!

on silver

Detonating Singularity is a hell of a spacedrug.

Yup. I'm going through and playing/levelling other classes but human adept is my legit favorite.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I routinely got first place in ME3 with my vanguard at around 120k points. Seeing the numbers top out at 15k or so is strange. :v:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I think he was just restating the eternal truism that you scrubs need to git gud, not providing a warranty on that particular build concept.

Bullshitting, got it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I did a gold at level 7 and had the 50% XP bonus on and only got one level. What the heck!

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

That DICK! posted:

I did a gold at level 7 and had the 50% XP bonus on and only got one level. What the heck!

They made it much slower to level because you don't need to prestige and other good reasons.

Also, important update from the dev's twitter: https://twitter.com/NicSampson/status/856694111251775489

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Relentless posted:

They made it much slower to level because you don't need to prestige and other good reasons.

Also, important update from the dev's twitter: https://twitter.com/NicSampson/status/856694111251775489

Best one of these I've seen so far, honestly

i do NOT like BBQ
Jun 2, 2008
After opening my 8th Angaran Insurgent, I'm of course furious because it could have been something better. On the other hand, only two more before I'll never get it again.

i do NOT like BBQ
Jun 2, 2008

Magmarashi posted:

Does not have Keith Sweat, is not best sex playlist.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

moist turtleneck posted:

Have they said anything about fixing the stupid melee? Like how did that get missed? Or is that supposed to be some sort of a "balance" change? If the game was first person I'd be a little more understanding but with a fixed third person camera that won't even show if some dumbass wraith is eating your butthole it just makes no sense

I just want to know why Berserkers can do the running backhand melee, but I can't. :mad:

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

FronzelNeekburm posted:

I just want to know why Berserkers can do the running backhand melee, but I can't. :mad:

Quite possibly the greatest downgrade ever.

Who the gently caress removes the Krogan backhand for a lovely rear end, movement locking, unimaginative headbutt.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The same oval office who removed the maniacal laughter.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

I'd be more annoyed at Twitter being a terrible way to communicate with devs, but that one is pretty drat good.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Relentless posted:

I'd be more annoyed at Twitter being a terrible way to communicate with devs, but that one is pretty drat good.
Dunknow, seems like he misunderstood what people meant when they kept asking, 'Why are you loving about instead of fixing the game?'

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It gets worse, I'm like 99% certain Berserkers do the ME3MP Krogan HAW HAW HAW :smith:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

precision posted:

It gets worse, I'm like 99% certain Berserkers do the ME3MP Krogan HAW HAW HAW :smith:

They do.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mother.

Fucker.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

So, am I correct in thinking they now need to redo multiplayer so we are the outlaws fighting against the unjust AI Apex forces, just so we can gave the cool Krogan and assault rifles that work?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Relentless posted:

So, am I correct in thinking they now need to redo multiplayer so we are the outlaws fighting against the unjust AI Apex forces, just so we can gave the cool Krogan and assault rifles that work?

You know, if they could work out a way to make a 4v4 team PvP mode... oh God that would be... good...

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

precision posted:

You know, if they could work out a way to make a 4v4 team PvP mode... oh God that would be... good...

I really doubt that honestly. I can't see it working well as is.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
What if the Outlaws we're fighting in MEAMP are ourselves from ME3MP :tinfoil:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andromeda had a lengthy development period where they could have implemented anything other than ME3MP with even fewer features than the original, other game modes seem very unlikely.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

precision posted:

What if the Outlaws we're fighting in MEAMP are ourselves from ME3MP :tinfoil:

You'd be dying constantly if that was the case.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Well, I just unlocked the Asari Duelist and it seems super cool. I really, really like it. About the only that irks me is charge being skill 2 as opposed to 1. But, even if I can't change it in game, I have a steam controller and can easy change it anyway

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
They could do a minion mode where the opposing four players control minions/tanks.

But I'd rather Bioware fix their game instead.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

BenRGamer posted:

Well, I just unlocked the Asari Duelist and it seems super cool. I really, really like it. About the only that irks me is charge being skill 2 as opposed to 1. But, even if I can't change it in game, I have a steam controller and can easy change it anyway

This is actually a secret buff because the "2" key is farther from the "~" key. I unlocked her the other night and spent most of my first game just teleporting through poo poo for the gently caress of it. And speaking of Asari, just :lol: at the double-dipping biotic points the adept gets; I'm averaging 25-27k in gold by just hanging out in groups of raiders/adhis and melee'ing them (anyone who takes the 30% shield on kill instead of making every red health enemy float is a goddamn idiot). If they don't buff guns enough (they won't) but buff combo damage a bit (they might), I may never have to level or play another character. Unless the Kineticist is as fun as people say she is. Or maybe I'll finally get a Vanquisher and Turian Soldier will get some more play, I'm pretty sure it's the only gold weapon I haven't pulled a single card for yet.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Rocketpriest posted:

This is actually a secret buff because the "2" key is farther from the "~" key.

Steam Controller, son. :colbert:

No "~" to hit

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

BenRGamer posted:

Steam Controller, son. :colbert:

No "~" to hit

Back in me3 I built some autohotkey scripts to map to mouse buttons. Most were standard 1/2/3, but it had alt configs I could hit with shift-f2. So powers I never wanted to hit just weren't mapped or things were reordered. And I just had a sticky note saying class x and y were F2, z was F3.

You can also disable the tilde with AHK. Just set it to override the key to run a script. And then close it without doing anything.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

precision posted:

No it wouldn't be.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

precision posted:

The PVE is shitted up to all hell.
PVP would just expand on that shittiness.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Why is it so loving hard for people to extract.

whY

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

BrianWilly posted:

whY

Look, I can take ten seconds to get to the extraction point, or I could Always Be Charging

The choice is obvious.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Canonically your character is dead :colbert:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

BenRGamer posted:

Look, I can take ten seconds to get to the extraction point, or I could Always Be Charging

The choice is obvious.

If you aren't charging that one loving adhi that arrives in the zone in the last three seconds you are The Worst Vanguard

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I feel like they're teasing new content so hard with some of the classes, especially Kineticist since she's currently the only one that has Ascension. They're dangling that carrot of there being a class that has Ascension and Singularity or a modified version of Charge or something.

:stare:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

What is Ascension?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Two Finger posted:

What is Ascension?

It's the offensive passive ability for the Kineticist. Once you score enough kills (6 to start, but it gets reduced with upgrades) you can activate a mode where all of your powers have no cooldowns but consume shields to use instead, and you gain 100 Damage Resistance. The effect ends if you lose shields. It's one of the things that makes her unique so I hope that other characters do not get it, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Relentless posted:

You can also disable the tilde with AHK. Just set it to override the key to run a script. And then close it without doing anything.

Since I was just trying to figure that out, this seems to work:

code:
ToggleTilde() {
	Send, ``
}

Hotkey, IfWinActive, ahk_exe MassEffectAndromeda.exe
Hotkey, ``, ToggleTilde

• Locked thread