Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AgentF
May 11, 2009
Made 28 credits with a single click just now when cashing out an NASX. Mucking around with Gagarin for the first time and taking some ideas from the Microtransactions deck on NRDB. Did you know that if you play Hedge Fund, and then this triggers 2x Indian Union Stock Exchange, that all three of those cards trigger NASX? I ended up on 47 credits and Sandburg let me have strength 9 Vanillas and strength 17 Bulwarks. A fun game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

MWL 1.2 dropped: https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/c1/06/c1067a80-de92-4c82-bc44-5a90d0cca316/adn_mwl_v12.pdf

as is the way with FFG, there are two major typos that fundamentally betray the idea of what they're trying to communicate

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 12, 2017

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I like how that will need an errata to say that level 3 cards should be +3 universal influence.

Just ban Anarchs and NBN already.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

In classic FFG style there is a couple of gently caress-ups on the page.

Mumbad City Grid image instead of Mumbad city hall
Level 3 showing +1 influence instead of +3

Interestingly though, they cost influence instead of subtracting influence, so you can't have a super broken orange deck by just stacking all the MWLed orange cards.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

The Professor rule is dead, but the Professor still gets to play with MWLed programs :3:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

loving finally. Is it time for glacier to make a comeback?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

With these changes, it'll probably be quite dominant.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Glacier was pretty dang good in the two KoS-ban-list tournaments I've played in the past month. I don't know whether Aaron dodging the MWL is a net win for glacier or not but they'll certainly be a force to be reckoned with.

On the other hand, durdley shaper decks are looking pretty good and I'm sure that can't be the matchup glacier wants...

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Literally 75% of the runner MWL is Anarch.

Of cards that have a faction, half of the corp cards are NBN, including the ONLY NBN +3 Inf card.

Meta is dumb, this will definitely shift things. Notably, nobody is going to respect Rumor Mill outside Anarch, and that makes Caprice and Jackson even better.

Also, above and beyond all the typos/printing errors, loving :lol::lol: that their MWL announcement is a fuckin' 27mb PDF instead of, y'know, text on a page

I still think Sifr is good enough to import at 4 inf to other factions. Hell, at 3 inf it's still powerful enough to play 2 of in Anarch.

Shrecknet fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 13, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Static Equilibrium posted:

The Professor rule is dead, but the Professor still gets to play with MWLed programs :3:

I kinda doubt that makes up for no clone chips and other goodies?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Palana Grail here we come.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Hail to the old king in Foodcoats.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

I kinda doubt that makes up for no clone chips and other goodies?

I'm not going to lose any sleep about the professor getting nerfed, I just think it's nice that people can still make functional professor decks if they really want to play with the game's joke id.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
y'all better learn how to rush because congress kates gonna take over. glacier gonna mean nothing when you are stuck at 6 pts

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The Deleter posted:

Palana Grail here we come.

I've been playing Palana Grail for a while now, looking forward to it being even better. I even flatlined an FFG employee at PAX with it!

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
An FYI for everyone not obsessive enough to refresh the Upcoming page semi-daily in recent times: TD now has a release date!

Terminal Directive will hit stores 27th April (i.e. in just under two weeks on Thursday)

I eagerly await being able to play NR without having to stick my fingers in my ears and shout "LALALALALA" whenever someone wants to talk about cards from the new hotness.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
New MWL looks good. It's striking that Astro is still limit-1, though, implying that even at 3 inf it'd still be considered overpowered.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Well Astroscript was an Errata, and my feeling is that they will never go back and forth on card errata. They're permanent in a way that the MWL isn't.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Zephro posted:

New MWL looks good. It's striking that Astro is still limit-1, though, implying that even at 3 inf it'd still be considered overpowered.

Or it cooooould mean that they've already printed cards with the 1 per deck limit on them and can't go back on it, perhaps because of a new Core Set? :3:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I don't care I just want Skorpios in my hands.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Every day that Yog.0 exists is a day of shame.

A single card shouldn't invalidate 20% of ICE that has ever been printed.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

More non-campaign TD spoilers - https://imgur.com/a/jimfv#uXvtg3y

Notably, FFG somehow gets even worse at templating with this batch.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Wow, look at all these traces that do things regardless of the success of the trace!

SYN Attack - Unless the runner chooses the effect, which doesn't seem to be the intent, I don't see a reason to play this card.

Demara - Hey look, it's GS Sherman but costs 1 extra to install and has a derez effect.

Savant - With glacier back, it's time to make a Sage/Savant deck and just break all the things.

LLDS Memory Diamond - It's half a Toolbox, and it'll go great in my Sage/Savant deck! Serious decks will probably stick with Rabbit Hole or Akamatsu.

Maxwell James - Might get slotted in Geist or other Crim decks that want link. As a 1-influence connection it might find its way into Off-Campus Sunny decks as well.

Biometric Spoofing - Useless against Thousand Cuts because it doesn't prevent up to 2 damage! Seriously though, it prevents any type of damage so it might see play, but it's not protection against tag'n'bag due to being a resource.

Elective Upgrade - I could see it being used post-rotation in glacier decks, but it's probably easier to just use Biotic Labor or Efficiency Committee (if you have SfSS) than score a 5/3.

Successful Field Test - An interesting effect but scoring the 4/2 might be an issue. Won't replace ABT.

Executive Functioning - Punishing trace but too easy to break. Could surprise a runner who facechecks with just a killer.

Holmegaard - Beefy, non-Bioroid (and therefore not clickable), don't know why the trash is limited to icebreakers. Because FFG forbid that it protect R&D from Keyhole (which bypasses the trace as well)?

Tapestry - Interesting on a central server, and beefy as well, but you'll probably wish it was a Fairchild instead. Could allow some amusing options for installs if it's in front of Architect.

Ultraviolet Clearance - The install means it might get played outside of CI, but you'll probably want a Jeeves up. For 3 clicks I'd like more money than just a Hedge Fund, though maybe they designed with ETF in mind.

Mason Bellamy - Ryon Knight's best friend. Probably more effective paired with Heinlein Grid though.

Armored Servers - A defensive effect for Weyland? Say it ain't so! I just wish it wasn't a 4/2, though I guess they wanted something comparable to Nisei Mk II. Nisei can't be bruteforced by a runner on match point, though.

Illicit Sales - Love the art, but won't see play. I'd actually rather see this as a 2/0 to be honest. 2/1 is too strong, 3/1 is too hard to score for the effect. 2/0 gives it the downside of the bad pub, the upside of money, and something to feed Jemison or Archer.

Graft - What is the point of this? Okay, so I just scored a 5/3, what am I going to tutor for? More agendas? I just spent a ton of credits scoring a 5/3, I can't protect them. Kill package? Maybe, but why am I scoring 5/3s if I'm on kill?

Illegal Arms Factory - I can absolutely see this getting a place in a deck like Friends in Dead Spaces, but not much else.

Long-Term Investment - I actually really like this card. Since you're not paying for the credits you put on, in either cash or clicks, it forces the runner to either trash it for 4 or give you money. Either way you're ahead in tempo.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CirclMastr posted:

Long-Term Investment - I actually really like this card. Since you're not paying for the credits you put on, in either cash or clicks, it forces the runner to either trash it for 4 or give you money. Either way you're ahead in tempo.
Yeah a PAD campaign pays out immediately though, and doesn't risk not paying out at all. You have to sit on this for 4 turns, and the runner can trash it on turn 3 and deny you all creds. Dislike; if you're going to have something face up and unprotected for 3 turns, Public Support seems much better.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

CirclMastr posted:

I like how backwards your entire review was, with this being the literal worst thing we've seen in the whole box. It compares badly to PAD Campaign of all things.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Illegal Arms Factory is good because clickless card draw is good, namaste.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Shockeh posted:

I like how backwards your entire review was, with this being the literal worst thing we've seen in the whole box. It compares badly to PAD Campaign of all things.

It's like the NR thread got its own McMagic

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Also Hardened Servers is going straight into Titan Transnational and never leaving. Eat poo poo Faust lovers.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

At least it got people posting, this thread has been dead for too long.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

To be fair, it's a really bad card. You can play 4 copies of PAD campaign in your deck these days, there's no reason to play this nonsense even if you want slow, low cost econ assets in your deck. Even if you're playing through the TD campaign with just a single core, TD has legitimately strong economy cards like IPO that you can put in your deck which will actually help you win the game.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

And after the MWL dust settles, Frantic Coding MaXx reigns supreme.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

berenzen posted:

And after the MWL dust settles, Frantic Coding MaXx reigns supreme.

I have no idea how that deck plays, even after reading that explanation. Good lord.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Mulligan for Frantic Coding or Magnum Opus (or Both)

Frantic Coding and (hopefully) install Magnum Opus or Install Magnum Opus.

Keep Injecting stuff into the trash and retrieval run Keyhole and get Grimoire down.

On your turn you do one of three things:
1) Click for 8 credits
2) Click for 6 credits and contest the remote
3) Keyhole them as much as you can, click Magnum Opus.

Get 6 agenda points into the trash and Mad Dash in. Maintain uptime on rumour mill. Eat ICE as necessary, use your superior economy to Vamp them, Wanton Destruction them if they've been durdling trying to get a solid remote set up.

Levy if you run out of recursion.

Beat Skorpios by trashing so much stuff on your turn that they can't deal with it all.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 26, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I feel like a deck that sits on its rear end using Opus every turn and waiting for the ~perfect moment~ to keyhole is easily beatable by playing the game called Netrunner.

Also every time Adrian does anything I want to punch him so there's that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Actually, making your opponent hate himself and life is the core of Netrunner

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Shapers sitting on their rear end with their breakers installed and clicking MOpus has been a valid strategy since the core set. Why would anarchs be any different?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

berenzen posted:

Shapers sitting on their rear end with their breakers installed and clicking MOpus has been a valid strategy since the core set. Why would anarchs be any different?

Both of these things are bad. Criminal for life. :whatup:

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Syn Attack seems all right to me. Not amazing but OK with support. If they're playing a good deck then discarding 2 is an unpleasant decision, and in the best case they end up dramatically increasing the agenda density of HQ. Drawing 4 does the same thing in a more roundabout way.
Make Fisk great again!

Elective Upgrade is hard to call, the effect is super powerful and if you can rush one out early behind ICE or with a defensive upgrade you're on easy street because you can FA the remaining four points. I want to say there's too much variance for a really good deck since having it stolen obviously sucks, but it's nice to see a really powerful 5/3 at least.

Tapestry is a Jinteki card in disguise, which is presumably why it's 1 inf.

Armored Servers seems good if you can score it, the threat of it being triggered will really discourage running. Doesn't work so well on match point though so it may only be useful for ~a third of the game.

Illegal Arms Factory seems pretty nice in a deck that doesn't care about bad pub and hopefully there'll be more of those post Blackmail.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Apr 26, 2017

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I don't think I'm gonna shock anyone by saying bad pub isn't a mechanic that's been handled very well, but I really wish more interesting things were being done with it and make it something that people care about. Stuff that scaled off of bad publicity, things that sacrificed bad publicity for effects, and so on. Suffice to say that the ones we have either suck or are Blackmail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

The Deleter posted:

I feel like a deck that sits on its rear end using Opus every turn and waiting for the ~perfect moment~ to keyhole is easily beatable by playing the game called Netrunner.

Also every time Adrian does anything I want to punch him so there's that.

Your main goal is to remote lock the corp and vamp away all their money, keyhole is basically there to allow you to win the game through points rather than decking.

Edit: I guess it also lets you beat fast advance and prison, but I'm pretty convinced TBB designed the deck primarily to troll people who want glacier to be good, so that's probably incidental.

• Locked thread