Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
I tried to make joke where I spent my life obsessively archiving some game from the past that I played as a kid. The issue is the reality of Ben is more sad than any fiction I could make up. CR should go to gaol simply for what he has done to the Lesnik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Ben is fat for a world's view. For an american's pov he can still last at least 5 years.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Zzr posted:

Ben is fat for a world's view. For an american's pov he can still last at least 5 years.

He hasn't even started using a rascal to get around yet, I'd say he has another 7 years plus or minus another 100 pounds

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Ben is fat and you shouldn't laugh about it. 50% of US population is like him ; I'll still bang the prositutes there because they are cheaper and I like the chubby stance.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Sillybones posted:

I tried to make joke where I spent my life obsessively archiving some game from the past that I played as a kid. The issue is the reality of Ben is more sad than any fiction I could make up. CR should go to gaol simply for what he has done to the Lesnik.

If it wasn't for CR, Lesnick would be blind :colbert:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I'm obsessed about the 7th Guest series. I've amassed over 48,000 hours of playtime across all three games (yes, three! I got a hold of a very early prototype version of The 7th Guest Part III: The Collector). I even own the CD-i port, including original packaging and all manuals (did you know the CD-i version came with a different scene when Martine Burden and Edward Knox get together? It was deemed "too intense" for release on that console).

I happily backed the 4 or 5 or 6 failed Kickstarters and play the 7th Guest: The Board Game with all my friends when they come over.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Rob Landeros is one of the best and brightest visionaries the computer gaming and graphics world has ever seen. I'd happily back him for thousands because I know we'd get the same (if not better!) quality PC games got back in the 90s. It's shame others can't see his vision or try and detract from his amazing works by tweeting about his alleged past with underage boys.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MilesK posted:

If it wasn't for CR, Lesnick would be blind :colbert:
Truly a great man.

By great I mean large.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
is there a german word for laughing at someone for how sad they are?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Sappo569 posted:

He hasn't even started using a rascal to get around yet, I'd say he has another 7 years plus or minus another 100 pounds
My money's on plus.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

starkebn posted:

is there a german word for laughing at someone for how sad they are?

Saddenfuch.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Sillybones posted:

Honestly I can't fault Ben his Wing Commander obsession, since I LOVED those games as a pre-teen. Possibly because I only ever played it at friends houses.

Anyways I discovered Larry Niven and lost all interest in Chris's less interesting knockoff. That's my story.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

DarkRefreshment posted:

I just want to know when Bill Nye went from quirky interesting science guy to SJW?

People still using "SJW" unironically in 2017. Amazing.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
So but back to the Parpman yanking his mocap stuff that was mentioned in passing earlier. Did anyone go past the paywall for the site that was posted to see if his agent was the same?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/857019349781037056

I dunno. Your true form, Sandi?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Female avatars confirmed. Adjustable boob slider...3.0!!!!!

e: I also don't know much about 3D modeling but isn't a wireframe way off from actual implementation?

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Apr 26, 2017

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

TheAgent posted:

I'm obsessed about the 7th Guest series. I've amassed over 48,000 hours of playtime across all three games (yes, three! I got a hold of a very early prototype version of The 7th Guest Part III: The Collector). I even own the CD-i port, including original packaging and all manuals (did you know the CD-i version came with a different scene when Martine Burden and Edward Knox get together? It was deemed "too intense" for release on that console).

I happily backed the 4 or 5 or 6 failed Kickstarters and play the 7th Guest: The Board Game with all my friends when they come over.

Link to your website?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Brownhat posted:

People still using "SJW" unironically in 2017. Amazing.

I also wear white after Labor Day, I don't like Ramen noodles, and I don't think Nickelback is a bad band.

Come at me bro

(I also still say Come at me bro)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

DarkRefreshment posted:

e: I also don't know much about 3D modeling but isn't a wireframe way off from actual implementation?

That is the character being weighted for bending, and as someone who does this kind of thing myself wow that is really high poly for a video game asset, especially MMO.

e: that's a lotta bones too

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 26, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

KiowaChief posted:

Oh you know, just letting goons know how faggoty and unfunny they are. You know, the usual.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lol owned

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

DarkRefreshment posted:

That picture shows them adding vertex weighting for animations, which is one of the later steps.

e: whoops, didn't see Flesh Forge's post.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:toot: :toot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Looks like the intro for the Six Million Dollar Man.

Or in this case, the Two Hundred Million Buffoon.

Gentlemen, we can refactor him. We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's greatest crowdfunding clusterfuck. Chris Roberts will be that man. Better than he was before. Better...slimier...duller.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Looks more like they're making an ad for an alien version of Mentholatum deep heating rub.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

ComfyPants posted:

Looks more like they're making an ad for an alien version of Mentholatum deep heating rub.

Groot Shaq will be a spokesperson.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They've probably got the people from Second Coming: The Annakazi Occupation on the team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNmw917fD0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMLITEO9diU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4AASxLzjkR-YPnY4LC_mnw

Finally!

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

TheAgent posted:

i keep the soundtrack on my iphone. is that second part really true?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

in as the muscle bulges controlled by extra bones eating your GPU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
does the game even have NPCs that can walk around yet?

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Nicholas posted:

does the game even

No.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Flesh Forge posted:

That is the character being weighted for bending, and as someone who does this kind of thing myself wow that is really high poly for a video game asset, especially MMO.

e: that's a lotta bones too

This is clearly the cutscene-only, hero model. The in-game models are much more reasonable, because there are potentially thousands of npc's in any single area. Ya dink.

Edit: god drat.

code:

.-.              /\__/|
    | |   _______.--/  -'_- =
    \ \__/   \__     \_.-._/_
     \_  x L___  )  L_(,,) _ )

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Apr 26, 2017

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Nicholas posted:

does the game

No.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
No.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

...Inside of BC2000 game box.

Are you going to answer you question you hack fraud?

ManofManyAliases posted:

One of the first things I gather from my limited experience in software development, especially for CIG's game, is that in Agile development, you design the UI first so that you know what to program for.

Explain this you loving hack.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Well hell, we were at least a day or two before Uncle Derek's reproduction organs were dragged into Star Citizen.

Maybe I'm wrong.

What a game.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Full steam ahead! I see no problem here! :sureboat:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:siren:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Full steam ahead! I see no problem here! :sureboat:

:sureboat:
:toot:

okay got it out of my system