Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

80 year old Harrison Fjörd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hansen85
Nov 11, 2009
I thought the first 40 minutes of Crystal Skull was great. The rest of it is much more uneven however.

I'm all for giving another Harrison led Indy movie a shot, but I don't feel great about George presumably not being involved.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

It's weird but I think crystal skull has aged a little better then I thought it would. And holy poo poo I just realized it's almost a decade old.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I just thought that the idea that Indy would be dealing with UFOs and the Ruskies in the 50's was absolutely perfect and never understood why that was so jarring for a lot of people. I also really enjoyed the climax of the movie, and thought it was a perfect fit for an Indy movie.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Will Shia be in it? Because :lol: if not

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
https://mobile.twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/856543771353272321

Rian Johnson not doing IX treatment.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Official. It's gon be bad!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We should let George write IX just to see how much he sabotages it.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I wish we as a species were cool enough to live in the timeline where George Miller writes and directs Episode IX.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Paul Verhoeven

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Tommy Wiseau.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Alan Smithee

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
David Lynch

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Terry Gilliam

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Unormal posted:

Terry Gilliam

Could happen, you never know. He's at least shown he can do family friendly films.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Lars Von Trier

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Ralph Bakshi

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Serf posted:

Lars Von Trier

Star Wars: Episode IX: Chaos Reigns

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Jodorowsky's Star Wars

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Zack Snyder.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Basebf555 posted:

Could happen, you never know. He's at least shown he can do family friendly films.

Or we could get Tideland in space.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Neo Rasa posted:

Zack Snyder.

Only if it's Rogue Two, though

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

9 might be a bad movie.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

K. Waste posted:

Only if it's Rogue Two, though

?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Rouge two the Manni Bothans story

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

dentist toy box posted:

9 might be a bad movie.

It'll just be ROTJ again.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Hodgepodge posted:

Jodorowsky's Star Wars

gently caress. Now I want this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

gently caress. Now I want this.

Film ends with Rey burying Luke, who has somehow turned into a massive pile of honey.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I want Werner Herzog's Star Wars Episode IX.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Barudak posted:

Film ends with Rey burying Luke, who has somehow turned into a massive pile of honey.

Movie starts with Finn falling to his death into an acid lake and then flashbacks to how he got there.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the director choice for 9 is by far the worst they've made so far and either of the choices above would be better.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

dentist toy box posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the director choice for 9 is by far the worst they've made so far and either of the choices above would be better.
I still don't get how Trevorrow seemed like a good fit for Jurassic World to anyone.

Like how do you watch Safety Not Guaranteed and think "This is the man we need for our dinosaur movie"?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
if Jurassic World was on time and on budget and he could handle all the units needed to make a film okay then maybe that's all they care about

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I have a feeling he's not making a whole bunch of creative decisions.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
I'm kind of confused as to why they picked a near unknown for IX. Abrams makes perfect sense to begin a trilogy, Johnson is amazing and a crazy smart pick, but Trevorrow... made an indie flick and a mediocre blockbuster sequel?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 201 days!
Like maybe Lucas is stealth directing IX or something? That would make sense.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
We're gonna get Joss Whedon's Star Wars and you all know it.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
No, no, no, you're all wrong! It will be Dave Filoni.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Plus I'm pretty sure jurassic world would of been the same exact movie even with another director so he is kinda hard to judge. But I don't know we'll find out in 2 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Covok posted:

No, no, no, you're all wrong! It will be Dave Filoni.

Harmony Korine's Star Wars

• Locked thread