Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

kirbysuperstar posted:

God bless the Vita.

They thought it was dead. They were wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but do they combine into a huge girl?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Sooo what exactly did I just watch? Cuz what it looked like was a supergirl beat em up at least superficially like Senran Kagura including jiggle physics, turned Gran Turismo cross with Mariokart as well as what appears to be some VN like elements.

:crossarms:

*furiously smashes preorder button*

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So now that we have a game where girls turn into cars, when are we getting a game where they turn into kawaii Tom Brady?

Asking for a friend.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

waah posted:

So now that we have a game where girls turn into cars, when are we getting a game where they turn into kawaii Tom Brady?

Asking for a friend.

More games for the Pats? There's already some great ones about Aaron Hernandez

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Maybe you already knew, but this blows my mind:
Remote play from your PC on your PS Vita is a thing.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

AG3 posted:

They thought it was dead. They were wrong.

What is dead may never die.

Saint Freak posted:

lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ryoji posted:

Maybe you already knew, but this blows my mind:
Remote play from your PC on your PS Vita is a thing.

How???

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I will always be thankful for the vita's existence that we have more VNs available overseas even if it meant we got terrible games too.

Period Cube is out this Friday. I'll be skipping it because :10bux: but check it out if you like otoge.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Policenaut posted:

[url="https:///2017/04/drive-girls-coming-europe-may-26"]Drive Girls of all loving things is getting localized.[/url]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftD46AKv5w

Currently Euro-exclusive, due out May 26th on BOTH physical and digital formats. I'm shocked this is getting a physical run.
If Tamsoft's take on flight sims is anything to go by, the driving will be terrible.

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012

I have not tried it myself apparently you need a PS Vita with a 3.60 firmware and a NVIDIA graphic card.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Drive Girls of all loving things is getting localized.

Currently Euro-exclusive, due out May 26th on BOTH physical and digital formats. I'm shocked this is getting a physical run.

loooool

Saint Freak posted:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Drive Girls of all loving things is getting localized.

looking forward to Dark_titsanime's screenshot gallery tbqh

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.xseedgames.com/forum/index.php?threads/akibas-beat-localization-changes.29239/

Tom is really going to die on this hill.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Well I will only be playing this in the original Japanese in order to preserve the integrity of *reads notes*

Uh...the Ku Klux Klan Witches.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Ruggington posted:

That implies he removes some from his extensive VD collection.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

And what a stupid drat hill it is.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"We had to change a name" is not censorship, and it is infuriating to think that there are people who feel that it is and require disclosure on it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's more like dying on an ant hill by thinking the ants are going to kill you but then you just dehydrate and starve yourself waiting for them to do the deed while your dumb rear end body kills the ant colony because they can't get out.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"I thought KKK Witches was hilarious and good!" - an idiot

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

"We had to change a name" is not censorship, and it is infuriating to think that there are people who feel that it is and require disclosure on it.

Shitlord purists will disagree - and that's why they're shitlords and don't derserve anything in life.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I bet the didn't even let the KKK have their vagina bones either. loving prudes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

"Our game had a shocking character named Killtheblacks Andthejews, and I fought my superiors to keep the name. (I mean, I get it that it's horrifyingly offensive, but I feel that we needed to maintain the integrity of the original work, in spite of people possibly being offended by it.)" - Tom "hate groups are hilarious" Noblelocalizerman

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I want the preserve this joke that no one outside Japan will get and looks offensive to them - an idiot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man. I am glad XSEED has other employees because "I thought the KKK was funny" is exactly the sort of thing nobody should ever say ever and certainly not make a public comment about your company.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ImpAtom posted:

Man. I am glad XSEED has other employees because "I thought the KKK was funny" is exactly the sort of thing nobody should ever say ever and certainly not make a public comment about your company.

I am looking forward to buying XSEED releases again once Tom is censored from employment there.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
A missed opportunity to market the game to Trump's America.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Tom is good, but lol the kkk thing -me, an idiot

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Motto posted:

Tom is good, but lol the kkk thing and the whole "let's keep the ages in senran kagura" thing -me, an idiot

Tom is bad.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The funny thing about Tom is mostly that all of his censorship posts are filled with "but everyone else told me I was dumb" comments. He really wants to be the brave noble anti-censorship dude which is extra funny when XSEED's strong localizations are actually one of their strongest bits and they shouldn't need to have to justify "we changed a name so you get the goddamn joke" to people.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Right? Like, XSEED's localization of Akiba's Trip was what drove that game at all, and I didn't need a blog post that explains that "Broey Bro Bro Shabadoo" was a desperate change that might affect the integrity of the vampire stripping game.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Saint Freak posted:

A missed opportunity to market the game to Trump's America.

Yes. A few Sengan Kagura games to the red states could have opened up a new market.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ruggington posted:

I'm going to pass on this, or wait until is on sale. It looks awful. Plus, is Tamsoft, I don't trust them much anymore.

EPIC fat guy vids posted:

That implies he removes some from his extensive VD collection.

Is actually growing :v:

Between this, Akiba's Beat bombing hard in Japan and the whole "Biggest dub ever!" I don't think XSEED is having a good time.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the deadly one two punch of a random forum post no one cares about, and a game bombing in a market they have nothing to do with

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I was about to say, it's funny because no one even cares about Akiba's Beat. It doesn't have the "realistic recreation of Akiba" element, no playing dress up like a crazy person wearing bear suits to fight vampires and such, and it's not gonna sell to the fanservice crowd either. It's just a mediocre JRPG with a seemingly overinflated/dispropotional localization budget.

Oh and being on Vita I guess.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Wait I didn't read the bit about getting his name removed from company credits

holy poo poo lmao

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Motto posted:

holy poo poo lmao

This is something he knew about and chose to have happen to himself.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Motto posted:

holy poo poo lmao

I'm assuming it's not going to be long until he gets removed from the company employment list too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

First they came for the KKK