Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

please don't doxx all of gip

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

TBeats posted:

Finals week? Yeah sure, I guess I'll start that 15-20 page paper that's due Thursday.

:(

The best papers are written the night before.

Remember, write drunk edit sober.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

The last thing kids on milk cartons ever see

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Boon posted:

The best papers are written the night before.

Remember, write drunk edit sober.

I do this but stoned instead of drunk. Which has led to some hilariously wordy run on sentences. But it's an essay on Faulkner so I'm just channeling the source material.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Just finished my last presentation, graduating on Monday with a BS in Computer Engineering. Literally just wrapped up a ten year plan to unfuck my life and I think it worked.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Congrats, dude!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Nice work, time to poo poo on everyone that didn't get a BS

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress yeah!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Grats!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Way to go dude

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

MancXVI posted:

Just finished my last presentation, graduating on Monday with a BS in Computer Engineering. Literally just wrapped up a ten year plan to unfuck my life and I think it worked.
Nice dude, I begin phase 2 of same plan in June. Starting my BS in CS.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

MancXVI posted:

Grats, good luck. I'm on a similar plan.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Finished my 20 page paper on Absalom last night. Not gonna lie. I may have upped the size of some of the punctuation by a small amount in order to make it 20 pages.

Oh well. I'm an accounting major not an English major.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Thanks, everyone. Now it's time to put this degree to good use: gonna live in a school bus on the gulf coast of Florida and subsist on coors light and fish

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

MancXVI posted:

Congrats, dude!

Sort of similar situation for me, albeit not quite 10 years. Been digging myself out of the poo poo since 2009, graduating in two weeks.

Still somewhat pissed that my job offer that I came over here specifically went out the window, but I have an apartment till July 31st, and technically enough buffer (with allowable unemployment days) until October 3rd to get a job.
If the job front still looks like poo poo by July 30th, I might just call it a day and go back home.

Health still sketchy, and now it looks like there's something with my thyroid gland, but I'm staying positive. (lol)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MancXVI posted:

Thanks, everyone. Now it's time to put this degree to good use: gonna live in a school bus on the gulf coast of Florida and subsist on coors light and fish

Oh jeez. Stay away from the armpit. Trust me.

Had to do some more of that portrait. Thing took 10 loving hours.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

MancXVI posted:

RIP your bus toilet.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

MancXVI posted:

Look at this baller!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The two minute warning has already been given and today one of my profs (for the class I'm getting whupped hardest in) dumped a big ol' steaming take home exam on us, due Thursday. Our final is next week. :wtc: Thursday, coincidentally, is also the new drop dead date for everything else we have (i.e. long-rear end reports).

Q: Ask me how long I've been awake for.

A: I don't know! :toot:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I have learned that every little thing you get assigned in school you should do immediately. Because for every professor you have that has everything well paced and sorted out you've got 3 more that possibly have amphetamine / family / chronic disorganization / general life issues and they are going to take it out on YOU.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Naked Bear posted:

The two minute warning has already been given and today one of my profs (for the class I'm getting whupped hardest in) dumped a big ol' steaming take home exam on us, due Thursday. Our final is next week. :wtc: Thursday, coincidentally, is also the new drop dead date for everything else we have (i.e. long-rear end reports).

Q: Ask me how long I've been awake for.

A: I don't know! :toot:

Unannounced? Ask for an extension citing your other courses. Otherwise ride the snake like Jason Statham in crank!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Jumping on things immediately is what I do whenever possible because I know that I'm a terrible procrastinator. Sometimes things just can't be helped, though, and you've just gotta take a big ol' bite of that poo poo sandwich and keep going until it's gone. I'm gonna try to get a few hours of sleep then get back at it. :sigh:

If you're lurking, let this be a lesson to you: get your poo poo done right the first time so that you're not doing it as a worn-out, sadbrains rear end in a top hat in your late twenties.

This morning, a different prof stopped reading from some of the material, sighed, then looked at me and said, "Naked Bear, I'm trying to teach them how easy it is to just read the textbook."

Yep.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I've already started reading my accounting textbook for next semester.

I had a 3.4 GPA this semester. My goal was dean's list (3.75). I will get deans list at least once before I graduate. It makes me jealous that some students in my cohort seem to get dean's list in their sleep.

Idgaf if deans list doesn't mean poo poo in the long run. I've never been a good student until recently and this is a huge goal of mine.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Officially switched majors to communication studies. Apparently the Comm honors society is 3.25 or whatever with just major req GPA so I'm gonna go for that.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

TBeats posted:

I've already started reading my accounting textbook for next semester.

I had a 3.4 GPA this semester. My goal was dean's list (3.75). I will get deans list at least once before I graduate. It makes me jealous that some students in my cohort seem to get dean's list in their sleep.

Idgaf if deans list doesn't mean poo poo in the long run. I've never been a good student until recently and this is a huge goal of mine.

My first semester post Army I had a 3.98 or something. Was very upset about my A-.

Every successive semester afterwards was a lower GPA as I realized how pointless it is to put all that effort in.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

milk milk lemonade posted:

My first semester post Army I had a 3.98 or something. Was very upset about my A-.

Every successive semester afterwards was a lower GPA as I realized how pointless it is to put all that effort in.

I think I broke a coworker's brain with my no-fucks-given attitude about my GPA, aside from passing and maintaining the minimum needed to be a TA.

Bruce Boxlicker
Jul 26, 2004

Fun Shoe

Naked Bear posted:

If you're lurking, let this be a lesson to you: get your poo poo done right the first time so that you're not doing it as a worn-out, sadbrains rear end in a top hat in your early thirties.

ftfy
:shepface: :ughh:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

:same:

At least regarding being old as gently caress, I've never really gone through this before. Finishing my German Master's equivalent up whenever I get back home and have time to kill, no point in cramming in two more semesters that have nothing to do with my envisioned job till then.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Welp, just got my grades back for the second semester. Didn't quite make dean's list this time, but still a decent showing.

Never thought I'd get disappointed by Bs.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Signed my lease-takeover for the summer in a private residence hall adjacent to campus, and the leasing manager is a 23-year-old that is graduating on the same day as I am. The apartment complex is the same one I've lived in in the summer of 2015, and they apparently still haven't changed the remotest thing about their contracts and policy.

Hilariously, healthy parts of their contract are at considerable odds with state law and municipal ordinances, and their "policy" is still at odds with their own loving contract, because it seems they've been moving around boilerplate documents between franchise apartment complexes for the past 10 years without ever having them cross-checked by a lawyer.

The inventory and condition form for the lease takeover is literally a carbon copy of one for an apartment complex in Tempe...with no loving changes whatsoever. :lol:

Smoke detector in the bathroom is also disabled, and - needless to say - the motherfucker smells like Ganja :)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Same

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

only honors I got from school was for pro bono hours because I'm a lazy gently caress in the classroom, but when I'm actually helping people that need it I bust my rear end.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

MancXVI posted:

I hope you're going to a recruiter's office on Tuesday to reenlist

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Evil SpongeBob posted:

I hope you're going to a recruiter's office on Tuesday to reenlist

That's my plan after medical school

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Mmmm, law school acceptance​ letters. Time to ignore the good advice of my peers and forge ahead, just like enlisting.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Mmmm, law school acceptance​ letters. Time to ignore the good advice of my peers and forge ahead, just like enlisting.

I mean if you're gonna be a moron might as well go post in the law school/lawyer thread in BFC.

Seriously, though, unless you're going to a T14 don't expect riches. You're going to law school to work a 40-50k/year job for the most part.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Seriously, though, unless you're going to a T14 don't expect riches. You're going to law school to work a 40-50k/year job for the most part.

My wife graduates from Stanford next month :smug:

We don't talk much since she's studying for the bar :smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Like the job that I'm trying to get is going to pay me 40k at most if I get it, and it's not likely that I do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Mr. Nice! posted:

Like the job that I'm trying to get is going to pay me 40k at most if I get it, and it's not likely that I do.

Well considering those amounts are more than I am currently earning and I'll get paid to attend school in the interim I'll take it!

And I will never take advise, legal or otherwise, from goons.