Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

So sad that no one wants V-22s.

Loel, add some V-22s to that list for me :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
Seriously though some SCUDS would be within our budget and a lot of fun.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Operation: Cat Farce One

Presumably the Free State is close to getting the funding secured for the dozen Kfir fighters from Columbia. If the Free State is anything like most overextended crowdfunded abominations then their ambitions have likely stretched their logistical train and left them vulnerable and porous. This could be an opportunity for us to not only destabilize a significant long term threat, but also provide ourselves with a cheap supply of multirole jets. The price of a dozen Kfirs is around $60M, so allocating a significant sum to this effort might be worthwhile. It's mostly labor and whatever tradecraft is needed to get a solid background for all the applicants.

Step 1: Procurement
The first step in the operation is to infiltrate the volunteer effort focusing on the procurement. An organization that has no problem declaring their intent to procure military aircraft on the Internet likely doesn't have much in the way of background checks, and we could potentially enlist Ambramoff in order to get them up and running. Our goal at this stage is to provide the people willing to do the "boring" work of filling out paperwork, providing human resourcing, interviewing candidates, and basically being the helpful but invisible people who get things done. With this information we can do two things. First, we can get a clear picture of the fighters and how they're being transported. Second, we can ensure that only pilots we select are flying.

Step 2: Transition
Once our pilots are selected and we know the location of the aircraft, we move to intercept. Ideally we move the fighters before they're even in Angola and fly them directly to our own bases, since presumably the fighters will be coming from somewhere outside the country and the Free State will have to provide the pilots to get these craft into a war zone. As a backup plan we position the fighters thanks to the Power of Logistics in a location preferable to us (Lunda Sul).

Step 3: Misdirection
We take the craft and leave evidence behind that implicates the Chinese, who are clearly suspicious of the Free State's motives and cannot handle the possibility of a purely free society. If the fighters aren't able to be taken before they reach Angola then instead we fly them over Zambia. Worst case scenario we get caught and the Zambians are pissed at the Free State for violating their airspace. Okay, technically worst case scenario the Zambians blow up the planes but maybe we can send some bribes in the right direction so that the Zambians can see the fighters moving but neglect to actually shoot them.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Presumably the Free State is close to getting the funding secured for the dozen Kfir fighters from Columbia. If the Free State is anything like most overextended crowdfunded abominations then their ambitions have likely stretched their logistical train and left them vulnerable and porous. This could be an opportunity for us to not only destabilize a significant long term threat, but also provide ourselves with a cheap supply of multirole jets. The price of a dozen Kfirs is around $60M, so allocating a significant sum to this effort might be worthwhile. It's mostly labor and whatever tradecraft is needed to get a solid background for all the applicants.

The first step in the operation is to infiltrate the volunteer effort focusing on the procurement. An organization that has no problem declaring their intent to procure military aircraft on the Internet likely doesn't have much in the way of background checks, and we could potentially enlist Ambramoff in order to get them up and running. Our goal at this stage is to provide the people willing to do the "boring" work of filling out paperwork, providing human resourcing, interviewing candidates, and basically being the helpful but invisible people who get things done. With this information we can do two things. First, we can get a clear picture of the fighters and how they're being transported. Second, we can ensure that only pilots we select are flying.

Once our pilots are selected and we know the location of the aircraft, we move to intercept. Ideally we move the fighters before they're even in Angola and fly them directly to our own bases, since presumably the fighters will be coming from somewhere outside the country and the Free State will have to provide the pilots to get these craft into a war zone. As a backup plan we position the fighters thanks to the Power of Logistics in a location preferable to us (Lunda Sul).

We take the craft and leave evidence behind that implicates the Chinese, who are clearly suspicious of the Free State's motives and cannot handle the possibility of a purely free society. If the fighters aren't able to be taken before they reach Angola then instead we fly them over Zambia. Worst case scenario we get caught and the Zambians are pissed at the Free State for violating their airspace. Okay, technically worst case scenario the Zambians blow up the planes but maybe we can send some bribes in the right direction so that the Zambians can see the fighters moving but neglect to actually shoot them.

I do love stealing planes. What does Abramoff want for it?

Cathode Raymond posted:

Seriously though some SCUDS would be within our budget and a lot of fun.

My notes have the SCUDs being replaced by the OTR-21s being replaced by the SS-26s. Which I would love to get my hands on :D

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 26, 2017

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
Gentlemen, Operation Black Diamond commences in one hour. Prepare to man your planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRVvRFlPxqg

Cabbage Disrespect
Apr 24, 2009

ROBUST COMBAT
Leonard Riflepiss
Soiled Meat

A lot of these prices are so low that I suspect they're not adjusted for inflation or something. Our tastes are actually way more expensive than you thought!

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Mr. Showtime posted:

A lot of these prices are so low that I suspect they're not adjusted for inflation or something. Our tastes are actually way more expensive than you thought!

I only quote from the finest of wikis :colbert:

:v:

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Oh, and I'm willing to offer my help with nuclear arms, if we want to go that way. I know way more about those than I should.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Why isn't the F-35 I want on the wish list?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

CirclMastr posted:

Why isn't the F-35 I want on the wish list?

Have the F35A, want a different model?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Loel posted:

F-35B, for Badass, duh. :colbert:

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Bacarruda posted:

Gentlemen, Operation Black Diamond commences in one hour. Prepare to man your planes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRVvRFlPxqg

here is the optimal version of the Briefing with music

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Loel posted:

That works. Maybe I'm just blind but I'm not seeing it on the posted list. Ah well.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Loel posted:

Meanwhile, have the budget wishlist.

30 billion: Manhattan Project
3 billion: MEADS
2 billion: Ohio SSGN
1 billion: AEGIS Ashore
750 million: THAAD battery
~750 million: 747 CMCA
400 million: S400 division
270 million: E-3D
253 million: AC-130U
250 million: David's Sling
244 million: E8-C
178 million: B1-B
150 million: F-22
130 million: AC-130H
125 million: B-52B
120 million: SS-26
111 million: F-117
105 million: F-15K
90 million: Typhoon
85 million: F-35A
72 million: V-22
68 million: EA-18G
60 million: Rafale
50 million: Iron Dome
50 million: PAK-FA
32 million: Tornado
31 million: SR-71
30 million: F-15
28 million: CH-53
25 million: F-16
20 million: Gripen
20 million: RS-24
17 million: MQ-9
15 million: SA-22
14 million: F-111
7 million: WR-40
7 million: PLZ-45
5 million: T-14
3 million: BMP-3
3 million: MIM-104
2 million: F-104G
1 million: CH-4

Current list

Loel fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 26, 2017

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

Tythas posted:

here is the optimal version of the Briefing with music

That was :perfect:

Looking forward is seeing Black Diamond go down! The big question I have is how successful the Free State will be up north. If they steal more mines, could thy bring in more mercs? A dozen gen 4 fighters arn't anything to sneeze at even if that' all they get from their kickstarter.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I personally want our own Hercules so that we can drop MOABs.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Loel posted:

Current list

I'm really hoping David's Sling is the lunar catapult for bombarding Earth with boulders and not the missile defence system.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

rchandra posted:

I'm really hoping David's Sling is the lunar catapult for bombarding Earth with boulders and not the missile defence system.

I have not found the price for lunar RKVs :v:

Added Space posted:

I personally want our own Hercules so that we can drop MOABs.

Fairly sure we have one :D

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Loel posted:

Current list

Despite out track record with the Chinese it might be worth seeing if we can find a reseller for CH-4 drones over Reapers. Yeah, they don't have an awesome senor suite but they are a million bucks vs 20 million.

What do we actually need to be a real airforce? It seems to me that if you prioritized (as a boring accountant, rather than for maximum fun) it its

A) More Tornadoes ECRs and GR1As (or equivelent platforms with a legit SEAD capability and standoff ground strike capability)
C) More EWAR Planes
B) More 4th Generation airframes (e.g. Gripens) as they an do literally everything
D) Recon Platforms
E) Better AWACS
F) Layered missile defense
G) More sensor suites

Is that right? What do the mission planners want?

Added recon platforms and layered missile defense.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 26, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Despite out track record with the Chinese it might be worth seeing if we can find a reseller for CH-4 drones over Reapers. Yeah, they don't have an awesome senor suite but they are a million bucks vs 20 million.

What do we actually need to be a real airforce? It seems to me that if you prioritized (as a boring accountant, rather than for maximum fun) it its

A) More Tornadoes for a legit standoff ground strike capability
C) More EWAR Planes
B) More Gripens as they an do literally everything
D) Better AWACS

Is that right? What do the mission planners want?

I, personally, like missiles, missile defense, and things we can shoot from 400 miles away :v:

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Loel posted:

Fairly sure we have one :D

Nope, we have a piddly little cargo plane with one tenth the carrying capacity. Yawn.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Loel posted:

I do love stealing planes. What does Abramoff want for it?

We could probably buy him a distillery.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Coffeehitler posted:

But how much is an SS-18 SATAN with silo?

We can just steal the silo, duh

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

If we can make this work, reserve pilot Lamora wants in. Can't find a more fitting use for the callsign than for a confidence scheme to steal expensive toys from people with more money than sense!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Groggy nard posted:

If we can make this work, reserve pilot Lamora wants in. Can't find a more fitting use for the callsign than for a confidence scheme to steal expensive toys from people with more money than sense!

If this is viable, count me in along as callsign Doubledealer.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Hey can we go full Strike Command: The Strikening and buy the two existing YF-23 prototypes that are currently mouldering in a museum?

Also why don't I see an OV-10G+ (did this timeline get an OV-10X?). We need broncos, baby.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

TildeATH posted:

Hey can we go full Strike Command: The Strikening and buy the two existing YF-23 prototypes that are currently mouldering in a museum?

Also why don't I see an OV-10G+ (did this timeline get an OV-10X?). We need broncos, baby.

So does the Sultan's Fist. The last Broncos they sortied ended up decorating the Angolan countryside...

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Bacarruda posted:

Thanks for doing these, Bacarruda, it makes the plan a lot more understandable than my trying to read it. Also, very cinematic, it rules.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TildeATH posted:

We don't have an annoying french edgelord to squander them, though.

Can't be Strike Commander.

God, why do I remember that dumb game so well?

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009

Dreamsicle posted:

Man if it's possible to switch planes and I can't get the AC-130, the F-15E would be a great substitute.

It's like my brain is a tree and you're those little cookie elves. :frogout: of my head

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Night10194 posted:

We don't have an annoying french edgelord to squander them, though.

Can't be Strike Commander.

God, why do I remember that dumb game so well?

I keep asking myself how many neurons I could have spent on calculus or the memories of loved ones that I wasted on that stupid story about a magic credit card and how one of the pilots destroyed a priceless vase in protest. I still remember it. Why?

Bacarruda posted:

So does the Sultan's Fist. The last Broncos they sortied ended up decorating the Angolan countryside...

I saw them. They were obviously the inferior Filipino ones. Or... Okay I don't have any excuse they're just such cool planes I don't care if they make sense.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TildeATH posted:

I keep asking myself how many neurons I could have spent on calculus or the memories of loved ones that I wasted on that stupid story about a magic credit card and how one of the pilots destroyed a priceless vase in protest. I still remember it. Why?

Because you read that story and totally wanted to play the rad game where that story happened, instead of the kinda mediocre one where every plane seemed to perform the same and basically every dogfight turned into high performance jets doing luftberry circles and firing 20mm cannons at each other because the missiles never loving worked.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

TildeATH posted:

Gule, gule.

It seems pretty weird to have a 2011 magazine on my shelf now that it's from the past instead of the future.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Davin Valkri posted:

Sperwers don't have an armed option. You'd have to use the Reaper.

Also, Jack, our shareholders nearly made a goatse our official roundel. We don't exactly have standing to mock the Free State for furriness, even if we do to mock everything else.

there's no nearly about it my friend

Now we must get the bote so we will have the goat on a boat

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

sebmojo posted:

Now we must get the bote so we will have the goat on a boat

When we get an aircraft carrier we'll have to vote on whether to call it boatse, totese, or floatse.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

CirclMastr posted:

When we get an aircraft carrier we'll have to vote on whether to call it boatse, totese, or floatse.

Did I create on monster by posting that emblem?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Cathode Raymond posted:

I don't like the idea of putting all our eggs in the ssbn basket. We need at least a few land missile silos with ICBM's, and get some of those old Russian ICBM's built before treaties banned land-based MIRVs.

No repeat NO land based ICBMs until the 2x4 Battalion can mount an effective guard force against everybody repeat everybody who doesn't want us having nukes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I'm still catching up, just got done with the Tibet campaign (awesome stuff).

Judging by the OP though, I'm surprised no one has done up liveries for Hired Gun's aircraft. Something like this:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I'm still catching up, just got done with the Tibet campaign (awesome stuff).

Judging by the OP though, I'm surprised no one has done up liveries for Hired Gun's aircraft. Something like this:

We've actually been discussing liveries the last few pages!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Loel posted:

Current list

I wasn't joking about the F-104, man! I want one!