Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mauro should take the money and refer to his experience with WWE as Adult Daycare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't recall which member it was, but the Revival on Edge & Christian's podcast talking about approaching Bret Hart like he was a hot girl is loving hilarious.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Dave talking about his friend Dave is so :smith:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Spending more time on Dave's buddy than Doc Young seemed odd to me, honestly.

Clearly Dave had something to get off his chest there, and losing a friend is always hard. Can't blame him for saying what he did, just wish there was more of substance for Doc.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mkay0 posted:

Clearly Dave had something to get off his chest there, and losing a friend is always hard. Can't blame him for saying what he did, just wish there was more of substance for Doc.

Half of Wrestling Weekly was dedicated to him. That was his show, they knew him best and should be the ones doing the long tribute.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Apr 24, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bryan also did a nice bit for him the day after he died on Observer Live, if I remember right. I think he even said at the time that he was gonna leave it to the Wrestling Weekly guys to speak more at length because that was more Young's show.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/856375140036337664

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

mkay0 posted:

I liked it because it's always cool to hear stories of how people started their famous careers due to a seemingly insignificant change at the time they started. It's not for certain that Dave wouldn't have gone on to make the Observer what it is today, but to hear Dave tell it, well he clearly credits Korner with being a prime mover behind it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Woot https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/856707639622811649

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

https://twitter.com/MatthewKippes/status/856714162361311232

lol

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Dave's response to the idea of a Bayley boyfriend angle is definitely making the cut for Best of 2017.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

dave: it doesn't matter, wcw used to do this all the time
bryan: that company is dead.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

"I think this is building up to her kissing a boy."

"Ugh! Ugh. Oh god. Ughhhh. Ughhhhhhhh!"

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

god i just got to that lmfao

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HerraS posted:

"I think this is building up to her kissing a boy."

"Ugh! Ugh. Oh god. Ughhhh. Ughhhhhhhh!"

This ruins Dave's yuri fanfics.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sometimes it annoys me when Dave thinks a bad thing is fine because it's always been that way

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Is Bryan not a fan of the term "kayfabe"? He always seems to say in storyline instead.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

Sometimes it annoys me when Dave thinks a bad thing is fine because it's always been that way

I don't think he thinks that it's fine. I think he's just come to terms with the fact that it won't change.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't think he thinks that it's fine. I think he's just come to terms with the fact that it won't change.
He probably shouldn't argue with Bryan pointing out how bad it is though!

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The Dave meltdown was wonderful.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

My low-key favourite moment was Dave basically telling subscribers to leave him the gently caress alone in Japan.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

Is Bryan not a fan of the term "kayfabe"? He always seems to say in storyline instead.

It's actually only wreddit and Cheap Heat who use "in kayfabe" instead of "in storyline" every chance they get. I've never seen/heard it anywhere else.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cardboard Box posted:

dave: it doesn't matter, wcw used to do this all the time
bryan: that company is dead.

I came here to post this.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

flashy_mcflash posted:

My low-key favourite moment was Dave basically telling subscribers to leave him the gently caress alone in Japan.

I see he's still popular with the Joshi.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

there's a difference. in storyline is what you see on tv, kayfabe is pretending what you see on tv is real

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/857078334185852928

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lmao

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

holy poo poo dave

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Hey now hey noooow

Chris Benoit killed his family

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Lid posted:

Hey now hey noooow

Chris Benoit killed his family

GODDAMNIT NOOOOOOOOOOOO

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
someone in back?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
That, everyone, is an example of bad comedy.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

dsriggs posted:

That, everyone, is an example of bad comedy.

nah

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god Dave and Chael on twitter.

Im dying.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Dave deleted it.

Coward.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Looks like Dave realized that making a Benoit joke was not a great idea and deleted the tweet.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

dsriggs posted:

Dave deleted it.

Coward.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I see why he deleted it but :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
drat Dave, you knock back a few tonight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

he was referencing the same thing the people before him were

• Locked thread