Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

eonwe posted:

ok! thx for making it

No problem, I am a spreadsheet dork who loves to make spreadsheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

My non-US timezone messes with the feng shui of your spreadsheet.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
A good spreadsheet should have outliers imo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

This is cool. Do you think it would be overkill to have goons mark what multiplayer games they have? I've got an example on the test sheet with conditional formatting such that cells will be red and turn green as the goon tics off the games he or she plays. Angled titles optional.

IIRC the multiplayer lineup on the Switch consists of Fast RMX, Bomberman R, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't think it would be a terrible idea to clamp it on to the side of the current sheet.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

This is cool. Do you think it would be overkill to have goons mark what multiplayer games they have? I've got an example on the test sheet with conditional formatting such that cells will be red and turn green as the goon tics off the games he or she plays. Angled titles optional.

IIRC the multiplayer lineup on the Switch consists of Fast RMX, Bomberman R, Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Show me, I think it's a good idea.

Consummate Professional posted:

A good spreadsheet should have outliers imo
What are outliers?

Crawfish posted:

My non-US timezone messes with the feng shui of your spreadsheet.
I'll fix that.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i think it'd be a good idea to have a column for what peoples' switch display names are so that they have an idea who John is if he sends a friend request

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Puyo Puyo Tetris is wonderful and I don't regret the $30 at all. I love this game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Show me, I think it's a good idea.

Peep the other sheets in the doc

I used that conditional formatting (if not empty == green, if empty == red) because I don't know spreadsheets and it's the only way I could find to make each cell more-or-less just boxes you could check, maybe there's a more elegant solution.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Apr 26, 2017

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

you didnt even add a column for games so i added one

Dr Cheeto posted:

Peep the other sheets in the doc

I used that conditional formatting because I don't know spreadsheets and it's the only way I could find to make each cell more-or-less just boxes you could check, maybe there's a more elegant solution.

nvm this is way better but might get unmanagable over time

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I feel like the checkbox thing for games might be a bit more visually easier, but agree that if it's not limited to just main multiplayer games that a bunch of people play, it's going to eventually get a little out of hand.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Deviant posted:

nvm this is way better but might get unmanagable over time

We could rotate out over time.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Crawfish posted:

I feel like the checkbox thing for games might be a bit more visually easier, but agree that if it's not limited to just main multiplayer games that a bunch of people play, it's going to eventually get a little out of hand.

I don't disagree but we can always exile the less popular ones later

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

I don't disagree but we can always exile the less popular ones later

I like the concept. I think we could have it as a second tab. I'm not quite sure how to do the diagonal columns, so I am going to humbly ask that you do it.

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I'm trying out Puyo Puyo Tetris, can anyone explain how the heck to Pipi! Pi-Pi-Pi!

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 26, 2017

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

This must be that emulator that turns 2D games into hard to watch 3D games. Right? Right?

TerraGoetia posted:

Fresh opinion: Bomberman is still bad.

I'm sorry, that is not a valid fresh opinion. Try
code:
Splatoon is good.
or
code:
Splatoon 2 is good.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Deltron 3030 posted:

I'm trying out Puyo Puyo Tetris, can anyone explain how the heck to Pipi! Pi-Pi-Pi!

They need a someone to mirror Carbuncle and his gugu-gu

Mean Bean Machine has taught me well but man I'm I poo poo at tetris.

Also this game has a feature where if you fail a level enough you can can choose to skip it in the pause menu.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

I hope that music is a WIP because it's not very good. The movement has a lot of jagged movement and it looks like sonic's forward moment just stops completely in some jumps.

That video does not make me want to try it at all.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Have you tried the spreadsheet simulator with optional spaceship gameplay known as EVE Online?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

Have you tried the spreadsheet simulator with optional spaceship gameplay known as EVE Online?

Alas, I have no home PC.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

eonwe posted:

from the screen where you select the game you want to play, press up, choose your profile

to the right of your profile pic should be a friend code

Amazing, thanks for the detailed guide.

Freakbox
Dec 22, 2009

"And Tomorrow I can get Scared Another Day..."

I haven't spoken a lot on here, but it'd be awesome to have some goonfriends on my switch. Thanks for making the spreadsheet :kimchi:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want to buy PPT, but I also want to save my schmeckles for MK8 Deluxe

Wat do?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think every Puyo Puyo game has a cheat that would to unlock stuff including Puyo Puyo Tetris

If you ever need it:
Permanently unlock all characters, skins, voice packs, and music:On main menu hold L1 and R1 and press Up, Down, Right, Left, X, B, Y, Y. If done correctly, a sound should play.

Also there is two more codes for fun

Enable win counter for Multiplayer: On main menu hold ZL and R and, press Down, X, Y. If done correctly, a sound should play.

Maximum difficulty CPU players for VS mode: Hold L, then press Y before selecting a CPU player

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Does Puyo Puyo Tetris have some way of playing in a mode where I can cap the speed?

I want to play classic endless Tetris without the speed getting to a point where I quickly lose. As it is, every match I hit a wall at ~10 minutes and lose because it's just too fast.

Sometimes I wanna chill rather than play at hyper speed.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Freakbox posted:

I haven't spoken a lot on here, but it'd be awesome to have some goonfriends on my switch. Thanks for making the spreadsheet :kimchi:

Hey no problem.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

it would make the post-chrono-cross chrono trigger remakes look good in comparison

Please elaborate, there are Chrono Trigger remakes?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wheany posted:

Please elaborate, there are Chrono Trigger remakes?

I wouldn't call the DS version a remake but it did add a bunch of stuff to link it to Cross more.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm ready to gently caress up goon kart races with my British ping

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I wouldn't call the DS version a remake but it did add a bunch of stuff to link it to Cross more.

It's also available on mobile. No idea if it has any differences from the DS version.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Hmm, been reading some repair reports that in some Switches there isn't enough thermal paste or they used some sub-par variant instead. Summertime will be interesting, especially when it'll get hot.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Cardboard Box posted:

i think it'd be a good idea to have a column for what peoples' switch display names are so that they have an idea who John is if he sends a friend request
it me e: wait actually my Switch display name may be irlZaphod, I forget

e: also thx for the spreadsheet Jonas Albrecht

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Apr 26, 2017

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I hate people who pronounce Mario like Mare Ee Oh. Almost as much as the people who prounce Forza like Fort-za.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Marry-oww.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

I prefer the puyo side of the equation simply because I think it makes for better versus games. The tetris side is incredibly fast paced and differences in skill make themselves apparent pretty quickly, while the puyo side you can sort of stumble into success even if you're not super great and it makes it a little more exciting.
Those fluke five chain combos

"Ha-ha, I totally meant to do that."

Then you do nothing but two chains for another five games

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

I hate people who pronounce Mario like Mare Ee Oh. Almost as much as the people who prounce Forza like Fort-za.

fort-za is how that's actually pronounced

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Fart-za

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Good grief, I loved Generations but seeing a green hill zone with that music is mind boggling. That is not fun level music. :(

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

everything about that sonic game makes me think of new super mario bros and thats no good

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The sound design is hosed in that clip, the FX don't mesh with the music at all. Comes across as really cheap and junky. Generations sounded better and looks just as nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Who gives a rats about Sonic Forces when Sonic Mania is a thing that exists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1SbHLXlH8

• Locked thread