Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Well, the upside is that retiring is something he can say he did that his father didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Gordon, Stewart, Junior all gone so close together. I'm fascinated to see how this effects the sport in the next couple of years, if at all. Attendance/TV figures , etc

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Very happy to see Junior retire on his own terms. I've always preferred Dale Jr. the fanatical racing historian and television personality to Dale Jr. the driver. Ever since 2001, I've always had the impression that most fans view NASCAR as "Junior And Friends," and couldn't care less about the other 42 39 37 drivers.

My hope is that Junior, once out of the car, will parlay his Jimmy Means fandom into introducing us to other drivers in the field. Maybe help bridge that gap for fans who think the sky is falling over this. Bring back "Back In The Day," or start your own series like Neil Bonnett did with "Winners." I'd be plenty psyched for that.

EDIT: more stuff

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 25, 2017

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

How am I supposed to hold up 88 fingers in the stands?

This would be easier if Ryan Blaney retired instead.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

"Dale Jr: Huge Dork" is my favorite sports twitter, and I am excited for more of that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Neodoomium posted:

"Dale Jr: Huge Dork" is my favorite sports twitter, and I am excited for more of that.

He's going to have lots more time and infinite resources to try to win NES cartridges off eBay so he can get his retro game fix. :3:

e- https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/481153473811996674

Gaw dang dang ol' Junyer. :allears:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 26, 2017

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P
I bet Jr. sucks at Bill Elliot's NASCAR Challenge

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Double Dribble was the poo poo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

von Manstein posted:

I bet he's terrible but still has loads of fun and always makes sure to share the controller.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

I bet he's terrible but still has loads of fun and always makes sure to share the controller.

I read this in Jr's voice and it's great.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

I read all of my own posts in Jr's voice, maybe that's why I don't hate them as much as you folks.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

wicka is dale jr and well i think thats neat

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

I want Jr to run one last race in the old DEI Bud scheme, at Daytona in July. That would be cool.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

He's apparently running at least 2 Xfinity races next year, so

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Norns posted:

He refers to himself in the third person? Lame.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

von Manstein posted:

I mean who isnt terrible at it or days of thunder

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Douchebag posted:

I want Jr to run one last race in the old DEI Bud scheme, at Daytona in July. That would be cool.

Yeah.

I think my parents still have a red 8 DALE shirt at home. Literally wore that to death as a kid.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Douchebag posted:

2001 Pepsi 400 scheme please.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The chance of Jr winning in Homestead is not much less than 100%.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Jr mysteriously accumulates enough playoff points to make the final four.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

L_Harrison posted:

I see nothing wrong with this. :colbert:

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Currently arguing with a Kyle Busch fan on twitter.

He's claiming he hates Jr. because
-He hated his father
-He hated the fact he got a ride with DEI (implying some sort of nepotism that I think is easily disproven via past interviews and how Sr. was kinda distant to Jr.)
-He hated the fact that Kyle got booted out of a Hendrick ride for him.

Which is funny because he's literally bitching about a (at worst) lateral move. At best? Dude's a number 1 driver for one of the best teams and Toyota's de facto number 1 driver.

Also, Can you guys help me prove the similarities between Kyle and Dale Sr.? He's claiming that Kyle never "wrecked" a car out of a race and that seems patently false.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Stop arguing with people on twitter

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

FuzzySkinner posted:

He's claiming that Kyle never "wrecked" a car out of a race and that seems patently false.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDZ_xwJR6b4

also quit twitter arguing fuzzy.

If no one's listened to Junyur's podcast it's pretty good. Just released a new episode tonight.

http://g.dalejr.com/radio/tdjd/default.aspx

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FuzzySkinner posted:

Currently arguing with a Kyle Busch fan on twitter.

He's claiming he hates Jr. because
-He hated his father
-He hated the fact he got a ride with DEI (implying some sort of nepotism that I think is easily disproven via past interviews and how Sr. was kinda distant to Jr.)
-He hated the fact that Kyle got booted out of a Hendrick ride for him.

Which is funny because he's literally bitching about a (at worst) lateral move. At best? Dude's a number 1 driver for one of the best teams and Toyota's de facto number 1 driver.

Also, Can you guys help me prove the similarities between Kyle and Dale Sr.? He's claiming that Kyle never "wrecked" a car out of a race and that seems patently false.

gently caress you.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
just tell the guy Kyle looks like a big ole bird and move on with your life

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

lol.

How are things btw? I need...possible dirt track advice. I'm 2 hours away from Eldora now...and I need to get off my rear end to go see something.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Speaking of crossovers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yaCqriUgXI

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Had CART never split? Gordon could have easily driven F1 for BAR back in the day.

They were trying to get him to drive for a year or two with Kool Green and he didn't want to do that. Can't say I blame him...that ride probably paid peanuts compared to a Cup ride sans the Indy 500 being attached to it. Gordon during his reign was probably the highest earning non-f1 driver of all time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yeah, and he's definitely one of the greatest drivers of all time. How many people could take a car like that, start pushing it, go off once, and then never go off again once they get the feel for it?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

FuzzySkinner posted:

lol.

How are things btw? I need...possible dirt track advice. I'm 2 hours away from Eldora now...and I need to get off my rear end to go see something.

you should go there and get drunk

July 18th, the day before the Trucks are there is the 100 lap big block race

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

Yeah, and he's definitely one of the greatest drivers of all time. How many people could take a car like that, start pushing it, go off once, and then never go off again once they get the feel for it?

-Jeff Gordon
-Tony Stewart
-Robby Gordon
-Kurt Busch
-Kyle Busch

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

wrecking Hornaday is always a good decision tbf

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Danica Patrick.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

von Manstein posted:

Neil Bonnett was worse.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dr. Jerry Punch was among those cut by ESPN today.

Beginning to wonder if Allen Bestwick will get the axe and, if so, how quickly NBC or FOX snap him up.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bestwick previously worked for NBC, so as long as he didn't burn any bridges I'm sure he could would something out.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Bestwick also is one of their CFB announcers, so I think he's relatively safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

L_Harrison posted:

Every car including Junior in the final 4 blows a Goodyear. Mysterious debris caution hands victory to Chase Elliot (not in the F4) while Junior miraculously finishes second.

Poetic.

• Locked thread