Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

The PHON candidate who kidnapped a bunch of aboriginal kids is resigning from PHON.

If it's true that's whiplash fast enough to break your neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JBP posted:

I can't find this anywhere. I want to read his statement regarding his resignation only being of a technical nature.

Not on resignation but hes done.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/26/one-nation-candidate-mark-ellis-allegedly-threatened-to-kill-employee

A One Nation candidate for Queenslandparliament allegedly threatened to kill an employee of his security firm in an angry diatribe in which he warned: “I know where you live.”

The alleged death threat appears in private messages sent last July from the personal Facebook account of Mark Ellis, a former police officer who is running in the seat of Macalister.

Guardian Australia has also obtained a picture in which the same Facebook account was tagged with what appears to be Ellis performing a Nazi salute before a large swastika mown into a backyard lawn in 2011.

The July 30 exchange escalates after Kalaitzidis says “If you come to my house after leaving that voicemail. I’ll call the cops”, later urging Ellis to “just leave it be”.

Ellis’s account eventually replies: “gently caress you. I’m gonna kill you. gently caress you. You’re a oval office … I’m gonna gently caress you up oval office.”

It then says: “You’re dead to me. I know where you live … Call the cops. I don’t care … See you.”

loving useless scumfuck

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The chatlog has his god damned one nation image loving :lol:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Not on resignation but hes done.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/26/one-nation-candidate-mark-ellis-allegedly-threatened-to-kill-employee

A One Nation candidate for Queenslandparliament allegedly threatened to kill an employee of his security firm in an angry diatribe in which he warned: “I know where you live.”

The alleged death threat appears in private messages sent last July from the personal Facebook account of Mark Ellis, a former police officer who is running in the seat of Macalister.

Guardian Australia has also obtained a picture in which the same Facebook account was tagged with what appears to be Ellis performing a Nazi salute before a large swastika mown into a backyard lawn in 2011.

The July 30 exchange escalates after Kalaitzidis says “If you come to my house after leaving that voicemail. I’ll call the cops”, later urging Ellis to “just leave it be”.

Ellis’s account eventually replies: “gently caress you. I’m gonna kill you. gently caress you. You’re a oval office … I’m gonna gently caress you up oval office.”

It then says: “You’re dead to me. I know where you live … Call the cops. I don’t care … See you.”

loving useless scumfuck

“I wouldn’t do it again, I’ve learnt a lot from it but the circumstances at that time were very different to today.”

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
A One Nation candidate in Queensland has resigned after revelations he allegedly threatened to kill an employee of his security firm in an angry diatribe in which he warned: “I know where you live.”

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
New OP please.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I like that it was death threats to a white guy and being an actual nazi that sunk the QLD cop who kidnapped aboriginal kids, took their shoes and dumped them in the bush.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I liked the part where it turned out the cop was a literal sieg hieling nazi

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Haha this is the poo poo a nine year old does when directed to mow the lawn against their wishes.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Lid posted:

New OP please.

As requested the PHON pic in the OP has been updated. Now the next chucklefuck that copy pastes from the last one will let everyone relive the glory.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A shirtless man sieg heiling a swastika he has mown into his lawn. In the background, an above ground swimming pool watches

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Hills Hoist Lynching

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Lid posted:

Hills Hoist Lynching

Giving 'em the old "Hill's Hoisting" if you know what I mean eh?

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

lol he tried claiming he was quitting, because his family was threatened.
One Nation candidate Mark Ellis withdraws from state election saying family threatened and harassed

quote:

ONE Nation candidate Mark Ellis has withdrawn from the state election saying his family comes first following threats and harassment.

Mr Ellis, who was endorsed to stand in the Queensland seat of Macalister posted his decision on Facebook this morning.

“The constant abuse, harassment and threats to myself, my wife, my parents, and my friends — coupled with the damage to my business and my reputation are simply not worth it. I really don’t need the job that badly, ” he said.

“Family has to come first. I am a big target for the leftie media and the pathetic haters due to my success and profile and even though I’m personally okay — it’s starting to hurt people close to me.”

The former policeman has been trolled for his role as one of the Pinkenba Six — officers who were charged with kidnapping three Aboriginal youths in 1994. The charges were dropped.

“I would have honestly thought that something that happened 30 years ago, that got thrown out of court, shouldn’t be an issue,” Mr Ellis told Nine.

“I wouldn’t do it again, I’ve learnt a lot from it but the circumstances at that time were very different to today.”

The father-of-two has been left shocked by the attacks on his family and to his reputation.

The Facebook post went on: “The sheer avalanche of support that I have received from everyone has been quite simply overwhelming. People that I haven’t spoken to in years were behind me 100 per cent. Friends had my back like never before. People from opposing parties (yes, even the Greens) were sending me messages of support. Their passion and enthusiasm was simply amazing. Humbling, in fact.

“Sadly — this consequently made some of them targets of threats and abuse as well — and I’m not prepared to put them through it. It was all fun and games until the pathetic “haters” started targeting my mum, my wife and my mates.”

Mr Ellis said his security company has been operating for 10 years and some of his staff have been with him since then.

“I’m not a thug or a bully and I guarantee my staff will back me up on that. “

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Heils Hoist

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Heinrich Hillshoister

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Been looking for the objective evidence that cops are actually jackbooted nazis

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/26/child-asylum-seeker-wins-government-payout-over-christmas-island-detention-trauma

Good.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Recoome posted:

Been looking for the objective evidence that cops are actually jackbooted nazis

Dutton not enough for you?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

quote:

The former policeman has been trolled for his role as one of the Pinkenba Six — officers who were charged with kidnapping three Aboriginal youths in 1994. The charges were dropped.

“I would have honestly thought that something that happened 30 years ago, that got thrown out of court, shouldn’t be an issue,” Mr Ellis told Nine.

Can't even do basic math Mr Speaker.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Antony Green on the Bernardi First merger.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 26, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Senor Tron posted:

Can't even do basic math Mr Speaker.

It's more fascinating that he thinks the length of time that has passed makes any difference to his history of abducting children.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

JBP posted:

It's more fascinating that he thinks the length of time that has passed makes any difference to his history of abducting children.

QLD_Police.txt

Mate, he was in the clear once his slap on the wrist one year probation was up.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/TheNTNews/status/856821211137015808

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

No crocs 0/10.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

Hey, the circumstances of the early-mid 90's were very different to today apparently!

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Hey remember that hilarious in fighting patriot movement Australia had going for awhile?

They've only gotten worse

I can't believe Peter Grace is still doing this poo poo, but props to him.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

I'm willing to ignore the how unfriendly the graphs are to the colourblind but why did they flip the colours between graphs?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

Officers in the Gold Coast district had multiple methods designed to make victims withdraw their complaints, thereby increasing the clearance rate, it was found.

The report said tactics also included sending letters to victims requiring them to respond within seven days or else it would be “presumed” no further action was wanted and the complaint withdrawn.

Not the best week for QLD police.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Source please.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Periphery posted:

Source please.
Hansard?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Not the best week for QLD police.

Your link was a bit broken for me so I've included this one for anyone else https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2017/apr/26/gold-coast-police-urging-victims-to-drop-complaints-to-improve-statistics

quote:

The district also supposedly adopted a “three strikes policy” where, if the victim couldn’t be contacted after three attempts, the complaint would be marked as withdrawn.

The scathing report also found a practice of altering crime data statistics by Gold Coast officers had “gone unnoticed or unchallenged at senior levels”.

“Gold Coast staff reported that an unhealthy focus on achieving performance targets, rather than data quality, has contributed to these results,” it states.

Just ring them 3 times in quick succession and if they don't answer mark the case closed. Great work detective! :lol:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bogan King posted:

Dutton is now saying that his intel on the kid has come from classified information and he will not be releasing it. It is so classified that even everyone who was actually there for what Dutton said went down don't even know it went down. That is an impressive level of commitment to keeping information classifed.

This is the best thing going around right now that doesn't involve that lovely nazi cop :munch:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

This is the best thing going around right now that doesn't involve that lovely nazi cop :munch:

It still does involve a lovely nazi cop though, just a different lovely nazi cop.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Gorilla Salad posted:

doesn't involve that lovely nazi cop

???

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I stand corrected.

Don't know where my head was at when I wrote that. If anything Dutton is ten a hundred times the nazi Ellis is.

After all, Ellis only ever threatened to cut off the fingers of children, Dutton oversees their torture.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 26, 2017

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Zenithe posted:

Hey remember that hilarious in fighting patriot movement Australia had going for awhile?

They've only gotten worse

I can't believe Peter Grace is still doing this poo poo, but props to him.

Some fasicist dude was caught putting holocaust denial posters at USyd, antifascists showed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Literally getting in at the ground level.

Graic Gabtar fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Apr 26, 2017

• Locked thread