Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Phenix Rising posted:

I really couldn't have cared less about Danny Burch until the U.K. tournament at which point I became infuriated that he's just been so wasted in NXT.

Yeah, he was jobbed out on the reg a few years back which is why most people probably didn't give him a second thought, but I always thought he looked good putting people over. He had tagged with Aiden English a bunch and he always stood out to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
If Oney is headed to 205 Live then I'd like to see Burch take his spot as the "good hand" guy, who has good TV matches every week and puts over guys moving up the card.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Davros1 posted:

He needs to lose 30 pounds or gain 60. Anything in between has no place in wrestling.

There are many big fat guys who look like shitkickers. Hero is not one of them.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

If Oney is headed to 205 Live then I'd like to see Burch take his spot as the "good hand" guy, who has good TV matches every week and puts over guys moving up the card.

I wouldn't hold your breath on Oney unfortunately. Wish things were different.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Norwegian Rudo posted:

There are many big fat guys who look like shitkickers. Hero is not one of them.

This is exactly the way I feel about it. I try not to bodyshame or be like Vince but holy poo poo does it not work for Hero.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Trunks are not a good look on a guy who simply looks out of ring shape, like he's nearing the end of his in-ring career. And he's 37, so probably so.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
He did a three hour match like a year and a half ago!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is exactly the way I feel about it. I try not to bodyshame or be like Vince but holy poo poo does it not work for Hero.

Exactly. Owens is a thick, wide-bodied big dude who carries that weight well. Hero's body type just makes it look like he's lazy

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Flashback https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLg2oRTbjWk

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Remains to be proven but there's murmurs locally that there were cuts last week. People who aren't being used rather than NXT TV favs.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

Remains to be proven but there's murmurs locally that there were cuts last week. People who aren't being used rather than NXT TV favs.

Anyone that's done the largo loop/that anyone's heard of?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do they still have like 100+ trainees at the center?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

There's always going to be a reasonably high attrition rate for the non-wrestlers. Some just won't be able to handle the physical stuff, some won't "get" the wrestling, and even if they do they might not be suited to the theatrical side of it.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

Benne posted:

Sanity is fine but needs new music, it's too slow and the guitar riffs sound like fart noises.

Sanity are a cringe inducing black bloc-lite garbage gimmick, the music is appropriate. Even having them turn into an edgelord Nasty Boys / Crude Buster hybrid would be a move upward at this point. At least they'd upgrade to endlessly looped record scratching.

FullMetalJackoff fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Apr 25, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Norwegian Rudo posted:

There's always going to be a reasonably high attrition rate for the non-wrestlers. Some just won't be able to handle the physical stuff, some won't "get" the wrestling, and even if they do they might not be suited to the theatrical side of it.

The thing is there isn't. I don't really remember the last cull and the PC is at capacity.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WrestlingSheet/status/856921172826624000 https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/856908798384058372 https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/856910660818669568

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, how many brunette Renees do they really need? (All of them. They need all of them.)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Well, how many brunette Renees do they really need? (All of them. They need all of them.)

According a bunch of people they didn't realise it when they hired them.

PWInsider confirmed Andrea's departure.

They replaced her with a blonde: https://twitter.com/ChristyStCloud/status/846922158219710464

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 25, 2017

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dang, I was hoping they would go all redheads next.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how's nxt gonna survive when the at-capacity PC rarely turns out any ex-football players, only former indie stars attract any buzz, those top indie and uk guys now make more than wwe main roster talent, and nxt stand-outs like natalie eva marie are moving on to network specials outside of the company??

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy posted:

how's nxt gonna survive when the at-capacity PC rarely turns out any ex-football players, only former indie stars attract any buzz, those top indie and uk guys now make more than wwe main roster talent, and nxt stand-outs like natalie eva marie are moving on to network specials outside of the company??

Answer:

"According to Wrestling Inc, Gunner will be taking his WWE physicals soon, and could start with NXT if he passes."

http://www.fightfulwrestling.com/former-tna-star-still-hoping-compete-wwe

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sign murphy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
as long as the great black otaku Brennan Williams debuts eventually I'll be happy

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

oatgan posted:

sign murphy

create the tag team Murphy & Murphy

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Josh Bredl also got released. RIP Bronson Mathews we literally never knew you.

Tough Enough continues its long and proud history of the winners doing fuckall in the company.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Josh Bredl also got released. RIP Bronson Mathews we literally never knew you.

Tough Enough continues its long and proud history of the winners doing fuckall in the company.

That official tho?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Answer:

"According to Wrestling Inc, Gunner will be taking his WWE physicals soon, and could start with NXT if he passes."

My Gunnertar is relevant again!!! :toot:

Gunner for NXT champion. :colbert:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ok we had a good laugh about eric young when he got signed but seriously gunner has zero value

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

idk why he isn't part of the weirdly named "Veterans of War" stable in TNA

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Just call them the Veterans, guys

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

rovert posted:

That official tho?

Meltzer says WWE denied it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Sanity are a cringe inducing black bloc-lite garbage gimmick, the music is appropriate. Even having them turn into an edgelord Nasty Boys / Crude Buster hybrid would be a move upward at this point. At least they'd upgrade to endlessly looped record scratching.

They should just turn them into those poverty-cosplaying gutter punks that hang outside of stores and ask for change, beer, and weed despite having designer leather jackets and boots and trust funds.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Go RV! posted:

create the tag team Murphy & Murphy

Their finisher can be a dropkick.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

sticklefifer posted:

They should just turn them into those poverty-cosplaying gutter punks that hang outside of stores and ask for change, beer, and weed despite having designer leather jackets and boots and trust funds.

side-effect: theyd have to get at least one dog, which would make sanity my favorite stable in all of wrestling

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

shiksa posted:

side-effect: theyd have to get at least one dog, which would make sanity my favorite stable in all of wrestling

I was always disappointed that British Bulldog, Junkyard Dog, Road Dogg and other dog-related wrestlers never had a pack of dogs to run interference. Stealing foreign objects, biting heel managers, how could that not get over?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A dog, one time, shitted beside the WWF ring. it Was "a shoot"

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

You can't blame the dog, that match would give anyone the shits.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's "rennug" spelled backwards.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/joegagne/status/857225461864292352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

rovert posted:

Answer:

They're signing the wrong Gunner.

• Locked thread