Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I think I will just wait until the last day or 2 when everyone has figured out how to cheese it. I have to get 45k more fish or so to get the 5 trust moogles and I can be on my way to having a stout chunk of dual cast dropped in (35% or so...) Maybe I will do a few other fishes and get the furry suit.

Finally got my macro to work again with out issue. If I repeat step 1 as my last step it seems to work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Got a Setzer from my half pull, and with getting Trance Terra yesterday, and already having Regular Terra and Kefka, I no longer "Need" to pull for this banner.

:feelsgoodman:

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I'm holding my future pulls on this banner for after the banner is over.

That's when I pull the most "bonus" units

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I got SETZERRRRRRRRR, and already had Rowdy Roddy Palazzo and Terror Baltimore.

Shame I will probably not get Furry Terror Baltimore since I gotta save my future 5 luck bullshit for any possibly 5's I might prioritize more over (there probably isnt). Dunno if Ill ever get Ragin Gau

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Shoenin posted:

Terror Baltimore.

I stopped watching both shows around the time Scorpion's title reign fell off a cliff but Terror Batlimore was the sole reason I watched WVGCW during it's first season.

Kefka with his Austin Aries entrance was just perfect too.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Do I use my last 2 tickets to try again for Setzer or TTerra, or hold them? Wishful thinking on my part...

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

hagie posted:

Do I use my last 2 tickets to try again for Setzer or TTerra, or hold them? Wishful thinking on my part...

I chased Setzer and stopped. He's a pretty good unit.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
T.Terra is not worth chasing unless you really like MAG units. Even then, with 2 more heavily future proofed ATK units around the corner, I'd skip her.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Did what I told myself I would stop doing and did a half pull and got WoL.

He isn't wonderful right now right? It's more down the line with a 6* and enhancements right?

Did my 2 tickets and got Cecil#2 and Gau...

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

WOL 6* is the new TGCid in that it's never going to come.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat, we weren't even close to getting the ticket for the Ariana FB thing. 250 Lapis and 70 NRG for free is okay though.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I bet most people did the addition and moved on

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I wonder if Gumi will take that as a lesson in effort vs rewards for future events. I also wonder if the sun will grow a mouth.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can't believe nobody on this forum wanted to win tickets (no travel included) to see Ariana Grande perform her hit single "Touch It".

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Honestly that was the main reason I didn't bother posting on their facebook. Winning those tickets was too great of a risk.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I love Ariana so much I fused her together with her clone.

So after Rikku, the next big 4* is Ashe right?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

If you care about Arena, Amelia is loving sick. Innate gun DW, AoE Stop that hits twice with DW, tons of multi-hit moves, and Curaja. She's pure Arena cancer and I want a team of 5 of her.

edit- Speaking of which, I managed to hit a personal best arena rank last week. I don't refill orbs so this was surprising as hell.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 25, 2017

Tengama
Sep 6, 2011

HGH posted:

Orochi and Liquid Metal Slime from the DQ mobile game crossover are both great but chances are we won't be getting them according to some interview that was posted on reddit.

If we go by rough release order we have 6 banners until we get Rikku, one of which is a Brave Frontier banner with another shot at Tillith to go with her 6* awakening so she is also worth pulling for and Tidus banner 1 has a 3* base with an 85 atk version of the second knife as his TMR. Chances are we will also see at least one Global Exclusive banner in the meantime which would put Rikkus release either around or shortly after global Anniversary so they will probably give a bunch of tickets then so don't worry too much about holding back everything for her.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tengama posted:

Orochi and Liquid Metal Slime from the DQ mobile game crossover are both great but chances are we won't be getting them according to some interview that was posted on reddit.

If we go by rough release order we have 6 banners until we get Rikku, one of which is a Brave Frontier banner with another shot at Tillith to go with her 6* awakening so she is also worth pulling for and Tidus banner 1 has a 3* base with an 85 atk version of the second knife as his TMR. Chances are we will also see at least one Global Exclusive banner in the meantime which would put Rikkus release either around or shortly after global Anniversary so they will probably give a bunch of tickets then so don't worry too much about holding back everything for her.

DQMSL came out and died in SEA and will never, ever come to global. Last time I paid attention to the game (over a year ago) it was apparently struggling in Japan too. Nobody should have any expectation of us ever seeing the DQ units, which is a shame because some of the units (and their TMRs) are really drat good.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

DQMSL came out and died in SEA and will never, ever come to global. Last time I paid attention to the game (over a year ago) it was apparently struggling in Japan too. Nobody should have any expectation of us ever seeing the DQ units, which is a shame because some of the units (and their TMRs) are really drat good.

That makes me sad as gently caress. :(

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

dangerous.hotdog posted:

That makes me sad as gently caress. :(

Yeah, I really wanted LMS on my team as well.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
To be fair, DQMSL was a pretty badly made game. If it's still going in Japan it's either less awful there, or it's surviving solely because it's a Dragon Quest game in Japan.

Getting various monsters to S rank was grindy and the top tier stuff that went to SS rank (like boss units) required evo mats from a semi-infrequent dungeon that you basically needed to have specific, status-heavy groups to clear without risk of having to continue too much (and the risk was still there). I'm talking normal fights where enemies had probably thousands of HP and could potentially murder your max level S-rank team without too much difficulty, and trying to just force your way through was insanity because you would absolutely get wrecked. Imagine that 6* mats in FFBE only came from dungeons full of fights with Veritas enemies that hit harder, could inflict status aliments, and had 5x as much HP. Also you can't just flee past the fights like in many other levels. Evolutionary Road was worse than that. I'm not entirely certain but I think it was the overall hardest level in the game and the regular fights would gently caress you up faster than any story level boss fight could.

Even then you had to hope that one or more of the mats you needed were even present or dropped. I never took any unit to SS rank (and I had a few good ones, like Dragonlord and the Wight King) because gently caress that nonsense.

The one upside was that you got a free gacha pull every 72 hours or so (in addition to gems from whatever other sources). I never saw anything other than C rank units from free pulls in the SEA version (all my B/A/S pulls came from gems, though all my gems were from free sources) but when I originally tried it in Japanese I'd gotten some A-S rank stuff a couple times including Necrosaro.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Apr 25, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Hope this DQ crossover you guys keep mentioning has a free coupon for a Blizzard.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

HGH posted:

I've got a full roadmap of all known upcoming characters in this here spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok/

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Varance posted:

I've got a full roadmap of all known upcoming characters in this here spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok/

Holy poo poo this spreadsheet owns.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Ok this macro stuff is pretty amazing.

I can Final Fantasy while I Final Fantasy!

I'm getting around to playing FFX remastered that I got for Xmas

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So after banging my head against Gilgamesh, I think it's impossible without a Cecil. Every single guide I've read up on seems to use a Cecil as a tank. Which seems really really dumb to lock a boss behind a single character. Leo and Charlette just don't seem to have enough HP. Not sure what to do at this point to try and beat the trial.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

fullTimeLurker posted:

So after banging my head against Gilgamesh, I think it's impossible without a Cecil. Every single guide I've read up on seems to use a Cecil as a tank. Which seems really really dumb to lock a boss behind a single character. Leo and Charlette just don't seem to have enough HP. Not sure what to do at this point to try and beat the trial.

Snow?

Or wait for WoL or Charlotte 6*

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hagie posted:

Ok this macro stuff is pretty amazing.

I can Final Fantasy while I Final Fantasy!

I'm getting around to playing FFX remastered that I got for Xmas

I have a bit of fun making macros to automate each event quest/week in the arena. its almost like a whole game in itself in setting up a party to clear it consistantly every run and make the macro loop perfectly.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

fullTimeLurker posted:

I don't mind putting my Cecil up if you want to give it another run with him. I could give him Dual Wield, then use Excalibur and whatever else you wanted to help cover elements.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

PaybackJack posted:

I don't mind putting my Cecil up if you want to give it another run with him. I could give him Dual Wield, then use Excalibur and whatever else you wanted to help cover elements.

Thanks for the offer, but I think I just don't have the characters I need. I have no Noctis, Bartz or Lightning either. And the 6 stars I do have (like Chizuru I don't have any elemental katanas for, so useless)

6 star:
Exodeath
Chizuru
TGC
Minfilia
Y'shtolla
T.Terra
Setzer
Xon
Rain
Ariana

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Varance posted:

:five:

Please link it in the OP for all the glory it deserves!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

fullTimeLurker posted:

Thanks for the offer, but I think I just don't have the characters I need. I have no Noctis, Bartz or Lightning either. And the 6 stars I do have (like Chizuru I don't have any elemental katanas for, so useless)

6 star:
Exodeath
Chizuru
TGC
Minfilia
Y'shtolla
T.Terra
Setzer
Xon
Rain
Ariana

I look at that list and am angry, you have quite a few units I would kill for. It might be your gear that is the problem, because it's certainly not your units. (I'm pretty sure people one-shot Gilgamesh with dual Orlandu?)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

In one day the safety bit comes out in the latest fat chocobo store that prevents instant death. Pair that with a 100% dodge unit that a few of us have, and Gilgamesh can be soloed with no deaths and no damage possible.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Cartoon Man posted:

In one day the safety bit comes out in the latest fat chocobo store that prevents instant death. Pair that with a 100% dodge unit that a few of us have, and Gilgamesh can be soloed with no deaths and no damage possible.

At the current point in time, it requires Dracu Lasswell's TM. These are the requirements for solo Gilgamesh.
- Holy elemental attack to seal the undodgable Excalibur strike
- 100% evasion
- Death Immunity
- Paralyze immunity (paralyze can land even if the attack misses, and paralyzed people cannot dodge)

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Vampire Cloak +20DEF+30MAG/SPR+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Safety Bit +3DEF+100%Petrify+100%Death
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Total Stats: HP: 4878 MP: 232 ATK: 612 DEF: 204 MAG: 186 SPR: 208 Evasion: 105%

I can't think of another way to do this that does not sacrifice one of the important things.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Anyone find we're drowning in good robes lately? I was happy to farm a single Vestment of Mind and out come the Siren and Kefka robes. Not sure how worth it that 3% Refresh is comparatively. Of course non stack up to the Rainbow Robe but good luck getting those.
Poor Alma, she's not even TMR fodder anymore.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Evil Fluffy posted:

Given that DQ: Heroes II just came out, we might get it as a promotion for another DQ game.

But yeah, I love DQM and really wanted to like the mobile game but oof. The game just had way too much grinding and it was really, really slow going to get anywhere if you weren't lucky enough to pull a top tier unit out of the gacha right away. You could, in theory, fuse slimes and such up to max level and rank and get them decent but you would never be able to complete the optional content. Even events were frustrating because you would go through a really hard dungeon, fight a hard boss and then that boss would only have like a 10% drop rate. And you'd need to farm like ten of them if you wanted to fuse them up to a decent level.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

At the current point in time, it requires Dracu Lasswell's TM. These are the requirements for solo Gilgamesh.
- Holy elemental attack to seal the undodgable Excalibur strike
- 100% evasion
- Death Immunity
- Paralyze immunity (paralyze can land even if the attack misses, and paralyzed people cannot dodge)

Lightning 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Kiyomori +79ATK +10%Evade
Left Hand: Excalibur +120ATK+Light Element
Head: Black Cowl +28ATK+25DEF+25SPR+100%Sleep
Body: Vampire Cloak +20DEF+30MAG/SPR+10%Evasion
Accessory 1: Ring of the Lucii +3MAG+3SPR+25%Evasion/Counter
Accessory 2: Safety Bit +3DEF+100%Petrify+100%Death
Ability 1: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 2: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 3: Quick Assault +30% ATK +10%Evasion
Ability 4: Discernment +100% All Status Resistance
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Total Stats: HP: 4878 MP: 232 ATK: 612 DEF: 204 MAG: 186 SPR: 208 Evasion: 105%

I can't think of another way to do this that does not sacrifice one of the important things.

You can swap out ring of luci for the 20 sided die which is much easier to get and what im planning to do. However i still gotta tm grind all this stuff out so i likely wont have one ready until next week , which is fine as im leaving my Trance Terra up for the event anyway.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I was debating whether or not to keep doing the dailies since I got Setzer yesterday. I said, why the hell not. I see a rainbow and for the first time in my time playing the game I start praying its not the banner unit. "Give me olive, give me orlandu, give me fryevia. Of course this time its the banner unit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you're that upset you can always fuse her into Bedile.

• Locked thread