Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Coral Reefer
Feb 19, 2005

I touched a clown and now I am going to jail. I hope they let me keep my beard.
Grimey Drawer

That's a hearty :lol: from me this morning.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Son of Rodney posted:

Republicans want to remove the pre-existing conditions clause from the current Obamacare, but want to exempt their own health care from this proposal.

https://www.vox.com/2017/4/25/15429982/gop-exemption-ahca-amendment

Lol your politicians are literal scooby doo villains, good job america.

And I woulda' gotten away with it too, if it weren't for these meddling kids Millenials! :bahgawd:

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

And I woulda' gotten away with it too, if it weren't for these meddling kids Millenials! :bahgawd:

Why don't they pay for their own health care instead of buying a new iPhone every month

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

loving lol

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

How are Trump supporters dealing with his blaming Democrats for everything after Republicans have been reveling in their control of pretty much every part of the government? I'm guessing the answer is "just nodding their heads" but there has to be some sort of doubt in their minds, right?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/04/26/trump-first-100-days-president-rating-accomplishments-215071

Good article imo on the shitshow that were/are the first 100 days, though not especially lol-worthy with one exception:

quote:

The Freak Show: Yes, the Trump administration really did hire a massage therapist with no energy experience to run a major office at the Energy Department, and yes, the guy really was fired for calling Muslims “scum sucking maggots of the world” on Twitter. Yes, the president attacked Nordstrom for dropping his daughter’s clothing line, and yes, the Chinese government approved 35 of his trademarks almost immediately after he agreed to respect its One China policy. Yes, he had Sarah Palin, Kid Rock and Ted Nugent to dinner at the White House, and yes, he quasi-endorsed a quasi-fascist in the French election.

The Trump presidency often feels like reality TV. But it’s reality. His current showdown with North Korea is a real showdown. His painfully awkward meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel was a real meeting. His news conference where he described his rookie-run, blood-feuding White House as a “fine tuned machine,” claimed his Electoral College victory was the largest since Reagan’s—it was actually the second-smallest—and asked a black reporter whether she could broker a meeting with the Congressional Black Caucus was a real news conference. His tweet urging his 28 million followers to buy a gag book called “Reasons to Vote for Democrats”—the gag is that all 266 pages are blank—was a real tweet.

I hadn't heard about some of these things before, lmao. It's also nice that the article recounts the deep truth found in this thread title:

quote:

It was a reality-show circus of OMG, WTF and sometimes LOL

though I would posit that both OMG and WTF are in fact LOLs as well, at least most of the time

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

well i got back from my doctor and i now have lolbetes and he is starting me on lolblockers tomorrow

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

hes also a bit like Qaddafi in how he tries to stuff his court with Military men , except Qaddafi had the decency to actually fight competently in a war

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

Jel Shaker posted:

hes also a bit like Qaddafi in how he tries to stuff his court with Military men , except Qaddafi had the decency to actually fight competently in a war

And he has a shrine showing his hard-on for Condeleezza Ivanka.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

And he has a shrine showing his hard-on for Condeleezza Ivanka.

her neck is so long. id rather get with steve

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm guessing it's ironic since she's probably European.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lodin posted:

I'm guessing it's ironic since she's probably European.

Aliexpress has a shitload of those

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Snatch Duster posted:

And goons are calling for D Smart's head for doxxing but lo, here is some yellow rag doing just that as 'investigating journalism.'

Just lol

A doxxed society is a polite society.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lol

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

JT should announce since they'll now be importing less wood into the US, they'll be using that wood to build a wall in the US border.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tiny Lowtax posted:

JT should announce since they'll now be importing less wood into the US, they'll be using that wood to build a wall in the US border.

Well he already exported all of the wood he wanted to Ivanka.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I thought it was going to be a moat of nuclear waste?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

He approved the Keystone pipeline because he heard Ivanka say something about "laying pipe."

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Skypie posted:

Animals got a better track record against ISIS than POTUS lmao

MOAB: Mother of all Boars. Aka haram bomb.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

turn off the TV posted:

:sbahj:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

So with twitter loosing advertisers, users and money, is it likely it may collapse during trumps tenure?

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Jel Shaker posted:

So with twitter loosing advertisers, users and money, is it likely it may collapse during trumps tenure?

No, but it is likely that it will become a federally subsidized platform for the next 8 years

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Unironically just nationalize youtube, twitter, and twitch as public services.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Jel Shaker posted:

but twitters doing better than expected?? http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/26/twitter-earnings.html

9 million more users than last quarter

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Chomp8645 posted:

this will make libertarians insanely salty. in summary, do it

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Chomp8645 posted:

The UN should buy Wikipedia or declare it a world heritage thing.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Plavski posted:

9 million more users than last quarter

Users, or Russian bots?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I really am serious when I say nationalize those things as public services.

However currently we can't even nationalize public services as public services, so I won't be holding my breath.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Yeah I'm only half-serious because technically any institution could create a wiki, the problem at this point is getting the users to switch. But it's a shame that an international collaborative tool to preserve history isn't something that's "in the hands of the people", so to speak. Otoh those donation pleas from Wales are getting more desperate, so maybe?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Problem with nationalizing that stuff is it gives morons to continue spouting hateful and incorrect facts under the shield of censorship. Would be nice if youtube actually DID remove that garbage though.

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chomp8645 posted:

Errr... why? It's kind of a silly idea of a govt running a social media site. It's not like cat pictures and weird 140 character conspiracy theories are a basic human need. I'd rather the money went to healthcare or meal programs for low income people.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Scary! posted:

Errr... why? It's kind of a silly idea of a govt running a social media site. It's not like cat pictures and weird 140 character conspiracy theories are a basic human need. I'd rather the money went to healthcare or meal programs for low income people.

or the wall

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

So many lols:

quote:

The separation-of-powers argument is precisely the one employed by Republicans against President Barack Obama’s immigration executive orders, while the 10th Amendment argument is based on Chief Justice John Roberts’s majority opinion in the first Obamacare case. One can only marvel at the legal irony here.

The court was not done, however. The court also found that the order was impermissibly vague under the Fifth Amendment. One problem, one that we and other critics of the whole “sanctuary city” witch hunt have noted, is that no one really knows what a “sanctuary city” really is “because the Order does not clearly define ‘sanctuary jurisdictions’ the conduct that will subject a jurisdiction to defunding under the Order is not fully outlined. This is further complicated because the Order gives the Secretary unlimited discretion to make ‘sanctuary jurisdiction’ designations. But, at least as of two months ago, the Secretary himself stated that he ‘do[den’t] have a clue’ how to define ‘sanctuary city.’ ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...m=.127043ce1b0e

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

lol at trump's diet coke button and also lol that goons are not talking about it because it's legit a great idea

and also lol at diet coke for being a disgusting substance

just lols all around right now

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plavski posted:

or the wall

Lol

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Scary! posted:

The why: so they aren't totally lame and shoving advertisements in your face. Free them from profit incentive. However yeah they are low on the list of things to nationalize. I crave a powerful government. Power/water, telecomms, air travel, nationalize it all.

What I want nationalized: a lot
What will be nationalized: nothing

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

well why not posted:

lol at trump's diet coke button and also lol that goons are not talking about it because it's legit a great idea

and also lol at diet coke for being a disgusting substance

just lols all around right now

Wait, what are you talking about?

https://twitter.com/amyfiscus/status/856980211220566017

Oh my god :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

regular coke tho

he's never seen a thin person drinking a diet coke remember. and he's the thinnest man that ever was, the election against crooked hilary proved that. did you know he got more popular votes than (unintelligible)