Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bruins officially named Bruce Cassidy as head coach, which I think is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How long will the FIRE JULIEN chants start from has?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Reddit officially justified its existence with the post of the century last night:

quote:

Should the NHL have the Hawks and Preds redo their series in case it was a big fluke?

No disrespect to the preds, I'm a firm believer that Nashville sweeping them is a huge fluke and robs the Hawks of truly accomplishing what their capable of. I've spent the last few days in pure disbelief and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire regular season watching the Hawks play great hockey it's just not fair.

If the Hawks lose again I will face that the Preds deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was a fluke and does a big disservice to the Hawks and the NHL.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/67lfcg/should_the_nhl_have_the_hawks_and_preds_redo/

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

ThinkTank posted:

Reddit officially justified its existence with the post of the century last night:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comments/67lfcg/should_the_nhl_have_the_hawks_and_preds_redo/

That's the best thing I've ever seen. I like to think I'm a pretty big homer for the Hawks, but they deserved to be swept, or at best lose 1-4.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ThinkTank posted:

:laffo:

If the Hawks stood a chance, how come they got swept like punk rear end bitches? :newlol:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't disagree with any of his points. I approve of a system where games don't count unless the Blackhawks win.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Sounds like Sutter might still be looking to coach:

quote:

“I wasn’t really looking for…” Sutter remarked, likely referring to when Lombardi called him up in 2011. “I’m not going out soliciting. I have one of the best records in the history of the National Hockey League. If somebody is getting ready to win, that’s what they do; you hire really good coaches when you’re getting ready to win. Until you’re doing that, you don’t.”

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

iospace posted:

How long will the FIRE JULIEN chants start from has?

It's Fire Bergevin now.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

yellowcar posted:

It's Fire Bergevin now.

Doesn't answer the question

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The Habs signed this fella

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?filter=Y&pid=120313

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

iospace posted:

At least until after Bergevin is fired then.

I don't even know who that is! Sure, fine!

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

ThinkTank posted:

If the Caps lose to the Penguins again I am definitely calling for a do-over. It's only fair, they won the President's Trophy!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Porrima posted:

Those mean that on average 2.09% of people in Columbus area, whatever that is, watched Columbus's's NHL games when they were on? NBC or on any channel?

The city of Columbus is estimated to have a population of ~850,000. Include the neighboring counties in the MSA and it's just over 2 million.

81 of 82 RS games were on FOX Sports Ohio, the lone exception being the one game on NBC during the regular season, NYR@CBJ in February. Three of the five playoff games were on NBC and FSO. The potential 17th straight win was going to be flexed to NBCSN, too.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Bruins officially named Bruce Cassidy as head coach, which I think is fine.

excited to see what he does with a little more time to prepare. I was already impressed at how quickly he grabbed the steering wheel after Claude left, but now he has to prove that he can do well in the off-season as well

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Turdsdown Tom posted:

excited to see what he does with a little more time to prepare. I was already impressed at how quickly he grabbed the steering wheel after Claude left, but now he has to prove that he can do well in the off-season as well

He's more patient with the younger players, which was always my one big complaint with Claude, but he's still willing to cut their ice time or scratch them entirely when merited too. He also seems to recognize that you can't play Rask every fuckin game, which is great.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Let's be fair - the alternatives to playing Rask were horrendous and that's squarely on management, not the coach.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nobody could have expected Macintyre to be a flop in the NHL.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

iospace posted:

At the end of the year press conference, Julien re-iterated that Galchenyuk is a Center. Goldblum said he's a Winger.

Fire Bergevin. Fire Therrien Jr. in the AHL.

https://twitter.com/KyleMedeiros_/status/857027434352328704

The Fire Juliens will probably pick up when he plays Steve Ott for the 40th game in a row while sitting Charles Hudon in the pressbox.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

If Goldblum wants a winger, why didn't he draft Forsberg? :confused:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Stiev Awt posted:

Goldblum doesn't know what he's doing. See: Trading PK Subban and then telling the press that the Habs need a good puck moving defenseman.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Travis Green is officially the Canucks head coach now. I think that's the right move.

Linden said during the press conference Travis Green was the only person they interviewed. I think that's a dumb move.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Xtanstic posted:

At the end of the year press conference, Julien re-iterated that Galchenyuk is a Center. Goldblum said he's a Winger.

The Fire Juliens will probably pick up when he plays Steve Ott for the 40th game in a row while sitting Charles Hudon in the pressbox.

Fire Trevor Timmins

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
No one is allowed to be fired until Holland goes first

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Stiev Awt posted:

If he wanted a winger, clearly he should've traded for the first overall pick from the Oilers and selected Yakupov. :v:

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Travis Green is thrilled to be the next head coach whipping boy of the Vancouver Canucks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

"hmm, instead of getting a tarp printed with the canucks logo to hang behind team reps during interviews, how about we buy a bunch of 45 inch televisions and do the same thing as a wallpaper? this will surely tell the world how eco friendly we are."

Heliogabalos
Apr 16, 2017
you can still key in codes for the cheapest of item (for example, celery instead of organic whatever) and no one pays any attention and it saves me a fuckton of money on organic produce
Do the Aquilinis have some off shore coaching slush fund cornucopia or something? I'm neutral about the hire, but four years seems like a long time - considering, unless I'm wrong, they're still paying the last two coaches...?

Tortorella's tenure was so bad it will always feel like it was last season.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Xtanstic posted:

I know the point here is that the Canadiens can't draft but some of his numbers are off (depending on when he put together the data). Montreal is at 6 players, Pittsburgh is at 9. Just makes me wonder how correct the others are.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Schremp Howard posted:

Travis Green is thrilled to be the next head coach whipping boy of the Vancouver Canucks.

The face of a man who just got demoted to the NHL

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Schremp Howard posted:

I know the point here is that the Canadiens can't draft but some of his numbers are off (depending on when he put together the data). Montreal is at 6 players, Pittsburgh is at 9. Just makes me wonder how correct the others are.

They look correct, who is missing for MTL? http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00006929.html

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Xtanstic posted:

For context, those 5 players: Galchenyuk, Beaulieu, Andrighetto (traded for 4th line grit), Gallagher, Lehkonen.

Bergevin is a fuckin brokebrain moron.

yellowcar fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 26, 2017

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

grack posted:

Let's be fair - the alternatives to playing Rask were horrendous and that's squarely on management, not the coach.

That's true to an extent. Keep in mind that Rask has both played and started in more regular season games than any NHL goalie since becoming the starter in 2012-13. I think only Holtby has more total games when you include playoffs. His backups over that time frame were Khudobin, Johnson, Svedberg, Gustavsson, and then Khudobin again this year. All of those guys are fine. Gustavsson is probably the stinker out of that group since he only put up a .908, but he at least won them some games.

The problem this year was that Khudobin got injured, the rookie callups sucked, Khudobin sucked when he came back from injury, and the Bruins weren't doing well so Julien leaned on Rask even more heavily. It's definitely a management problem to some extent, at least the past two years, but it's also a problem when your coach (Julien in this case) is unwilling to play a backup with any sort of regularity even when there is a reliable backup on the team. When Cassidy took over Rask never played more than 4 games in a row. Khudobin improved with relatively regular starts and Rask did better as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
There was probably a hope that Subban would get his poo poo together in Providence at some point, too. It's a shame, could have been fun if he'd worked out and they could have hyped up Subban vs Subban matchups.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/FarhanLaljiTSN/status/857309055093690368

So do Linden or Benning actually know what a rebuild is?

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Heliogabalos posted:

Do the Aquilinis have some off shore coaching slush fund cornucopia or something? I'm neutral about the hire, but four years seems like a long time - considering, unless I'm wrong, they're still paying the last two coaches...?

Tortorella's tenure was so bad it will always feel like it was last season.

LOL did they actually sign the guy with no NHL experience to a 4-year contract?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Congratulations Canucks, you will only be bad for the next 5-7 years instead of the predicted 10.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Kilza posted:

they are too drat cagey to say one way or the other in case they switch tracks again and the fans get angry

Drunk Canuck posted:

Congratulations Canucks, you will only be bad for the next 5-7 years instead of the predicted 10.

hooray! No Oilers or Leafs decade for us!

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Kilza posted:

Friedman talked a fair bit about them in his recent article and they're not rebuilding.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There was probably a hope that Subban would get his poo poo together in Providence at some point, too. It's a shame, could have been fun if he'd worked out and they could have hyped up Subban vs Subban matchups.

Yeah. I'm hesitant to call Malcolm a bust though. He's only 23, goalies are generally thought to be late bloomers unless they're uber talented, and there's probably a lot of weird pressure for him to be good because his brother is an all star. He's been good in Providence, but Zane McIntyre is overtaking him there, so it's hard to say what will happen with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

I am dummy and thought it said 60 :shrug:

• Locked thread