Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Streak posted:

I love how democrats who didn't vote this time have valid complaints about the two party system and yet are still more responsible in a real sense for trumps presidency than trump voters lmao. Hope you're happy now!

That's not actually how it works. The people who voted for Trump are the ones responsible for Trump being president. If they hadn't voted for Trump, then Trump wouldn't be president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

That's not actually how it works. The people who voted for Trump are the ones responsible for Trump being president. If they hadn't voted for Trump, then Trump wouldn't be president.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Guy Goodbody posted:

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
hahahaha

Hillary sucked and the squealing of her supporters brings me great joy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FpFkazuUmo

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I'm only here to dunk on the idiots who use the fact that hillary sucks to make a point about the supposed good qualities of the republicans

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

white_noise posted:

I'm only here to dunk on the idiots who use the fact that hillary sucks to make a point about the supposed good qualities of the republicans

Clinton would've just done a bunch of dumb poo poo drone strike bullshit in the middle east, building a mountain of corpses for no reason other than that's what the Washington consensus demands

Trump is giving us that, plus maybe cleansing nuclear fire.

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
hey, lusting for global nuclear holocaust is my gimmick

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hey man whatever helps you sleep at night

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
if Hillary had won do you think we would have had to loving sticky an anti suicide hotline phone number on cspam or d&d or wherever it is the insufferable political posters post?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Guy Goodbody posted:

Clinton would've just done a bunch of dumb poo poo drone strike bullshit in the middle east, building a mountain of corpses for no reason other than that's what the Washington consensus demands

Trump is giving us that, plus maybe cleansing nuclear fire.

I prefer hellfire by human hubris and incompetence than resigning earth over to an obvious reptilian.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bonerjam posted:

if Hillary had won do you think we would have had to loving sticky an anti suicide hotline phone number on cspam or d&d or wherever it is the insufferable political posters post?

Hillary literally killed a D&D mod - the body count was already in her favor

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
she killed the best and only good d&d mod, so in effect, she killed d&d as well

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

bonerjam posted:

did this actually happen lol

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Maya Fey posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797234

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Maya Fey posted:

lol

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

white_noise posted:

Edit: i dont even know why im bothering, the pepe posters will never admit their bigotry outside of /pol/ and the sjws know that the internet has been inundated by neonazis for over a decade, im not going to convince anyone of anything lets just finally have the race war so google/apple can drone you idiot shitbag nationalists from orbit

lol. Nice meltdown.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

ghahahah

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

white_noise posted:

Anyone who thinks they're dunking on people in gbs politics threads is dumb and should instead tongue dunk on my butthole

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Toadvine posted:

Anyone who thinks they're dunking on people in gbs politics threads is dumb and should instead tongue dunk on my butthole

This is one of the more obscure and under appreciated Cormac McCarthy quotes, but very applicable.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

white_noise posted:

Edit: i dont even know why im bothering, the pepe posters will never admit their bigotry outside of /pol/ and the sjws know that the internet has been inundated by neonazis for over a decade, im not going to convince anyone of anything lets just finally have the race war so google/apple can drone you idiot shitbag nationalists from orbit

pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Colonel Cancer posted:

IDGI. Like half the countries worth mentioning had women leaders by now, why's US so special. Freaking India had a female PM in the early 80s...

Yeah, I don't really understand why a female president of the US would even be that big of a deal. There's been female Prime Ministers of tons of countries for years and years. Margaret Thatcher, Angela Merkel... hell, even India and Turkey have had them. Why is the gender of the US president so important?

Actually getting a black guy in the white house seems like a much, much bigger deal. Or a gay guy. Or a Jew. *cough cough I voted for Bernie Sanders cough*

Recently, rich white girls have started to pretend that they're some kind of oppressed group when they're really.... not. At all. Not even remotely.

Meanwhile these same white girls who act all "oppressed" clutch their purses when a brother walks by. And then maybe call the cops because they thought that black guy was breaking into his own car.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
white chicks are the worst

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

white_noise posted:

lmbo

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe

white_noise posted:

A cartoon frog on the internet broke this dudes brain. Lmao....

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Before the last election I barely knew of the Pepe meme and in fact thought it was a video game and/or Pokemon thing because of the "ultra rare" moniker.

Then some idiots in politics said the frog was racist it became very funny.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
:feelsgood:

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Rasta_Al posted:

A cartoon frog on the internet broke this dudes brain. Lmao....

"feels good man" is worse than hitler - broke brain morons

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

theperminator posted:

"feels good man" is worse than hitler - broke brain morons

you just called child support "fascism" in the lepen thread

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Streak posted:

I love how democrats who didn't vote this time have valid complaints about the two party system and yet are still more responsible in a real sense for trumps presidency than trump voters lmao. Hope you're happy now!

I'm loving overjoyed. We were boned either way, but this way is way more funny and goddamned self centered Democrats at any cost are getting a pretty good comeuppance.

Tell you what, don't change a thing about the DNC and let's see what happens. Maybe 2016 was a fluke.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Maya Fey posted:

you just called child support "fascism" in the lepen thread

The state forcing you to take care of a kid that isn't yours is bad, sorry your brain is broken.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

bonerjam posted:

no because the rest of America is normal and not literally insane

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Bernie would have won and the people who ratfucked him and their supporters are responsible for Trump.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

new phone who dis posted:

Bernie would have won and the people who ratfucked him and their supporters are responsible for Trump.

When you think about it Hillary is the real culprit responsible for Trump's election.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Chomp8645 posted:

When you think about it Hillary is the real culprit responsible for Trump's election.

America was ready for economic populism and the corporatists in the DNC strangled their populist candidate in the crib with dirty tricks and now that they lost are whining about the dirty tricks done to them. In the history of US politics, nobody deserved to lose as much as Hillary. Trump is an unqualified idiot, but he's exactly what the political establishment on both sides deserves.

white_noise
Apr 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

no because the rest of America is normal and not literally insane

Forums user vikingskull, noted authority on mental health in america

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Since Hillary Clinton is no longer running for president, you can make threatening posts about her and the Secret Service won't care

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Guy Goodbody posted:

Since Hillary Clinton is no longer running for president, you can make threatening posts about her and the Secret Service won't care

this sounds like a good deal, lemme try it

ahem

"Notnilc Yrallih"

did she disappear in a fiery explosion? I hope it worked

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Amusing ploy but wrong. She and Bill are entitled to secret service protection for life. They changed the law in 1994 to only provide protection for ten years post-presidency but Obama changed it back so all presidents get a lifetime detail.

I just learned that Nixon was the only president to relinquish his lifetime protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016

Guy Goodbody posted:

The outcome of an election is not determined by those who vote, but by those who don't vote. Since 1945 or so, we have had pretty close elections, with not much more than half of the people voting. In the 1968 election about 80 million voted, and about 50 million qualified to vote did not. The outcome was determined by the 50 million who didn't vote. If you could have got 2 percent of the nonvoters to the polls to vote for your candidate, you could have elected him. And that has been true of most of our recent elections. It's the ones who don't vote who determine the outcome.

• Locked thread