Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Scudworth posted:

Monster Factory is made whenever they find a promising game to make one with, not on a schedule.

The current title of the Monster Factory youtube page begs to differ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Plus they currently have an ongoing 'storyline' in The Sims. (But hell, for the amount of their content I consume for a monthly $5 donation I don't care if they get off schedule sometimes...)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

showbiz_liz posted:

Plus they currently have an ongoing 'storyline' in The Sims. (But hell, for the amount of their content I consume for a monthly $5 donation I don't care if they get off schedule sometimes...)

I don't think the money you donate to Max Fun is funding the Polygon videos.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Well duh, all I meant was that $5 is the total amount of money that I pay per month that is directed at the McElroys

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

purple death ray posted:

You gotta follow the money, both roads lead to being owned by Joe Biden.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I recently discovered that Cool Games Inc is an actual thing. Not just those like, minute long shorts on the polygon youtube page. That big about pokemon movie reviews was spectacular.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Nuebot posted:

So I recently discovered that Cool Games Inc is an actual thing. Not just those like, minute long shorts on the polygon youtube page. That big about pokemon movie reviews was spectacular.

I have a co-worker that doesn't listen to any of these podcasts but is obsessed with the weekly animated shorts. He waits to watch them so we can together the one day we share.

He's a good kid. I'm going to fully indoctrinate him into the family.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The best part of the McElroy family is that it's so easy for someone to express any interest at all in any subject and you go "oh hey, I listen to a podcast/watch a YouTube series about that if you're interested" super casual like and then they're in.

One of us, one of us.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Asiina posted:

The best part of the McElroy family is that it's so easy for someone to express any interest at all in any subject and you go "oh hey, I listen to a podcast/watch a YouTube series about that if you're interested" super casual like and then they're in.

One of us, one of us.

My roommate started listening to TAZ after hearing it while in my car, and now that he's worked through the entirety of that, he's trying to get into MBMBaM. He started on Spaghettageddon, and loved it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

One of us, one of us.

So true. I've struck up conversations with friends of friends on Facebook when I noticed them dropping McElroy in-jokes and had really nice interactions every time. McElroy fans are all just super chill. I think a big part of it has to do with their overall mission to be inclusive of all people no matter what. It's a pretty safe bet that, if someone's a fan, they've probably adopted that same mantra. I know it's affected me for sure.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1NcpMZEyWQ

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Is there still a MBMBaM 'sampler' link or whatever? I want to introduce a friend but I'd rather give them a 5–10 minute series of clips rather than have them listen to a whole episode.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

TACD posted:

Is there still a MBMBaM 'sampler' link or whatever? I want to introduce a friend but I'd rather give them a 5–10 minute series of clips rather than have them listen to a whole episode.

The last sampler was like five years ago but it's still pretty good. There's numerous unofficial compilations on YouTube as well as videos of individual bits.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

purple death ray posted:

The last sampler was like five years ago but it's still pretty good. There's numerous unofficial compilations on YouTube as well as videos of individual bits.

Sometimes I put those individual youtube bits on shuffle while I'm doing something else. The 'drop the beat Francis' one is on there which still makes me laugh every time. Also the one with the kid who didn't know how to bring up his secret desire to wear shorts. And the The Gambler one, and Sex Draculas and Curse A Real Sword. If they don't like any of those, they won't like the show...

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

showbiz_liz posted:

Sometimes I put those individual youtube bits on shuffle while I'm doing something else. The 'drop the beat Francis' one is on there which still makes me laugh every time. Also the one with the kid who didn't know how to bring up his secret desire to wear shorts. And the The Gambler one, and Sex Draculas and Curse A Real Sword. If they don't like any of those, they won't like the show...

I listened to last week's MBMBAM with a first time listener and he definitely thought it was funny, especially the part at the very end about a long, narrow restaurant where you just, like, gun it

For clips, I still think the one that convinced me to give the show a listen was I Hate You, Ron

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Griffin's Three Deep in the Window monologue is probably his best yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssq6XkG6-8E

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
I will always love Griffin hollerin' at Travis about how bad an idea it is to run a bug-type Pokémon gym.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
What sold me on MBMBAM was the Ghost Boss bit

https://youtu.be/KKpz7zQvHAw
Edit: "A Caligulan miasma of genital delight" is such a good goddamn phrase :allears:

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

Edit: "A Caligulan miasma of genital delight" is such a good goddamn phrase :allears:

That remains one of my favs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This bit has been done to death but I adore Taako's face in this.

https://vimeo.com/214759978

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
yo have you seen this it's mindblowing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O1cf7sC_EI

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

FutonForensic posted:

Griffin's Three Deep in the Window monologue is probably his best yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssq6XkG6-8E

Was listening to the episode this morning and hoping somebody would clip this :allears:

e: holy poo poo that Keyser Soze video is amazing

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 26, 2017

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jesus christ the shorts family bit

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Kenny Logins posted:

I will always love Griffin hollerin' at Travis about how bad an idea it is to run a bug-type Pokémon gym.

He's pretty goddamn wrong, bugs have been rad since black/white

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Griffins Nuzlocke run really shattered my image of him as a True Pokemon Master

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Griffin has the same level of Pokemon strategy as I do, he knows the chart for which type beats which from the original games and which Pokemon are legendaries.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

purple death ray posted:

Jesus christ the shorts family bit

I listened to that again today after its mention in this thread and "Since then I have seen other boys in shorts and at that time sort of half-wished unconsicously in the back of my mind sometimes that I was wearing those shorts." is just incredible. Some dollar store Faulkner poo poo.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

My favorite part of tha bit has always been the very beginning.

How do I get "me mum" to buy "me shorts?"

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

The best part of the yahoo though is the question asker's parents saying "We're not a shorts family."

I remember reading in a book about Douglas Adams' life that british people currently or previously associated shorts with small boys but it can't be that extreme.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Solaris Knight posted:

"Sorry, Dave can't marry you, he DIED last night" is also Very Good

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

he shoved a pet rock up a guy named Dave's anus, and now that's the only way he can finish

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I Hate You Ron will always be my go-to intro to MBMBaM. The MVP line goes to Travis with "you used up all the paper for your stupid novel, Ron"

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dr. Strings, Wizard Swears, Warrior Cats, Tit Liquid, Glass Shark. All classics.

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?
Tit Liquid will always be one of my favorites. It was one of my first exposures to McElroy humor, and I was so delighted by the journey of hairpin turns that started with "Moo Juice" and somehow ended up at a horehound-loving vampire assassin running for Republican primary. The way all the brothers accepted each bizarre new detail and ran with it convinced me to subscribe.

In hindsight, Justin's responsible for some of my favorite characters: he's the one who started the Tit Liquid riff, Glass Shark, tiny Amélie, the Spanish DNA strand from Jurassic Park, Taako...

Crisco Kid fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 27, 2017

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

creationist believer posted:

Griffin has the same level of Pokemon strategy as I do, he knows the chart for which type beats which from the original games and which Pokemon are legendaries.

That's some bush league stuff. Everyone knows the most optimal way is to infinite dupe Rare Candies via the missingno exploit and overlevel your Venusaur to something around 175 and have it beat the Elite 4 by itself.

tin can made man
Apr 13, 2005

why don't you ask him
about his penis
I'm a new but enthusiastic McElboy (young, dumb, and full of... you know :) ), and what really sucked me in was just the free tarantula episode on youtube, despite my own personal hatred and revulsion towards the noble rancho.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

tin can made man posted:

I'm a new but enthusiastic McElboy (young, dumb, and full of... you know :) ), and what really sucked me in was just the free tarantula episode on youtube, despite my own personal hatred and revulsion towards the noble rancho.

That episode was really the best possible one they could've put forward to draw in new fans. The show in its entirety is pretty great, but the Rachos episode in particular was really well representative of them as a group, while not being in-joke heavy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Tit Liquid is the best clip for showcasing what good improv comedians the brothers are. It's really the finest example of Yes And put into practice that I've seen.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
New Adventure Zone is up

timp fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I look at my player and I see that an hour has passed and I struggle to recall what happened to fill an hour.