Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

OhFunny posted:

The Awful iOS app lets you view others' rap sheets. That's what you might be thinking of.

Sereri posted:

Awful.app has that feature. Non of the Android apps do.

Huh. I use the iOS one on my ipad, I just thought I remembered being able to do it on my phone at one point on one of the android apps. Dunno how I got the different platforms mixed up.

I'd ask if it's possible to add that to Awful.apk but I just assume the answer to "why doesn't the app have X" is because it'd be a pain in the rear end to get working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
I would guess that adding features that scrape the forums are at this point probably not smart because maybe (eventually never?) the forums are moving to xenforo and it's gonna gently caress the apps up big time until they're fixed.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Please no pepe

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
That new frog looks like one of the after faces of meth. He looks like he is the prison bitch now.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

No the frog has got its life together after a run-in with open source software!

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
I love this awful app and my only gripe had been that it lags like a mofo when scrolling, but now this latest update had fixed it and it's actually responsive like a real app so I just wanted to say thanks. :shobon:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

This right there is the reason I removed the hardware acceleration toggle by the way.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
The best thing about Awful is the comments at the play store. I could read those all day. :allears:

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
I will chime in and say I also would definitely use a favorite subforums feature, that sounds like a good idea. I like the new changes. Really looks nice, thanks guys.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redleader posted:

Similar issue, but only in YOSPOS. Sarnsung Galaxy A3:

This is a feature, not a bug

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

blue squares posted:

Oh good Awful app is now Pepe app

Yeah I don't like it

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

LastInLine posted:

I do a lot of moving via bookmarks but I know a few goons and all of them must be weird like me because they do about an equal amount of time going to a subforum to scan for new & interesting threads. If we're all out of the norm it wouldn't really surprise me, but on the other hand it kind of would? I mean it's not my time and effort so it's neither here nor there, I just find it strange.

For what it's worth, I live outta my bookmarks, as well as two or three specific sub forums. The feature in the other android app that lets you "pin" sub forums to the top of the list was awesome, and I'd be tickled to see it here too.

That said everything else about this app owns and I continue to appreciate all the time and effort put forward by everyone who creates, updates, and maintains it. :love:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I would guess that adding features that scrape the forums are at this point probably not smart because maybe (eventually never?) the forums are moving to xenforo and it's gonna gently caress the apps up big time until they're fixed.

There's no telling when that will happen.

Old Binsby
Jun 27, 2014

An update happened. Good reason give my compliments for an awesome forums reader. No idea whether I ever bought this or if it's freeware but I'd gladly throw :10bux: towards the crew maintaining this. New frog is good imo

Literal Hamster
Mar 11, 2012

YOSPOS
Just want to say that I really like the new update and that I love the new icon and the announcements view.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Old Binsby posted:

An update happened. Good reason give my compliments for an awesome forums reader. No idea whether I ever bought this or if it's freeware but I'd gladly throw :10bux: towards the crew maintaining this. New frog is good imo

It's good

Be nice if the drop menu thingie was visible in yospos though. Took me a sec to figure out how to quote

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I like the new icon and the new reply interface feels much cleaner

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

verbal enema posted:

I like the new icon and the new reply interface feels much cleaner

Reply is the best feature; the rest of the app is pretty much perfect for my uses.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
That's lot of butts

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Just switched from an iPhone to the GalaxyS8 and the performance of this app is amazing! Great work guys.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Just wanted to say the methfrog makes me laugh every drat time I launch the app.

As I am typing I noticed the reply pane is nicer too.

WienerDog posted:

For what it's worth, I live outta my bookmarks, as well as two or three specific sub forums. The feature in the other android app that lets you "pin" sub forums to the top of the list was awesome, and I'd be tickled to see it here...

Same. Bookmarks only and basically zero subs directly visited unless I am really bored.

Spermy Smurf fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 25, 2017

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I am too stupid to figure out how to post a new thread

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Bobcats posted:

Your custom text is soon going to be hilarious.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Bobcats posted:

Hit the "new post" button

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Asking because there was no feedback, are the post menu buttons now working for everyone on 3.3.1?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Is there a setting to have tweets show up within the app? I just see a link which is annoying.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

There is, it's under "Posts".

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Tamba posted:

There is, it's under "Posts".

Sick! Thanks!

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Sereri posted:

Asking because there was no feedback, are the post menu buttons now working for everyone on 3.3.1?

Works fine, but is still invisible when using ArcMage's custom theme.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

XIII posted:

Works fine, but is still invisible when using ArcMage's custom theme.

Well, that is no surprise because it requires changes to that theme. It would probably be best to make them analog to the changes in this commit.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Heyyyy guys some of you are getting crashes when you're in Settings, trying to pick an option from a list of choices? Maybe picking a theme or picking a font, could be a different list though. Anyone had that, and if so what happened?

e- lol wait, I think I got this, it's themes when you've denied storage permission isn't it, isn't it

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 25, 2017

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

baka kaba posted:

Heyyyy guys some of you are getting crashes when you're in Settings, trying to pick an option from a list of choices? Maybe picking a theme or picking a font, could be a different list though. Anyone had that, and if so what happened?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

:eyepop:

My phone actually corrects to some long hey whenever I do that, wonder what my spirit hey is

e- I found out but it's a secret

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 25, 2017

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Sereri posted:

Functionally everything's great, but I'm not sure it was meant to have this appearance of half ellipses:
(shrunken and cropped to fit as attachment)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Mine looks fine so maybe that's an issue with your phone or some poo poo

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Thank you all for your continued maintenance and development of this awesome app! :cheers:

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Is previewing a post supposed to work? Whenever I try it, on this newest public version or the one prior, all I get is a tiny, horizontally long, rectangle in the middle of the screen that is empty overlaid on top of my post's edit window.

This is on an LG G2 running 5.0.2.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

The Bananana posted:

Thank you all for your continued maintenance and development of this awesome app! :cheers:

Thanks for the good vibes, guys

Longbaugh01 posted:

Is previewing a post supposed to work? Whenever I try it, on this newest public version or the one prior, all I get is a tiny, horizontally long, rectangle in the middle of the screen that is empty overlaid on top of my post's edit window.

This is on an LG G2 running 5.0.2.

Yeah this seems to be a WebView problem, I get the same with the stock one on Lollipop, but if I install the updating version they moved into the Play Store it works fine. I messed around for ages trying different things to get it working everywhere, hell if I know what's wrong with the older versions

Anyway yeah, YMMV unfortunately

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Hey guess what my man? I updated webview and now it works! Thank you! Excellent work as always :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Well Sereri made the preview bit, I just banged my head against a wall trying to fix it

Enjoy! You're better off being on an updating webview anyway, gets the security fixes and all that