Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

fadam posted:

Any reason to not spend all my good boy points on chests asap?

Cost resets every week, I only buy two a week cause then the costs get too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Open as many chests as you want to be able to sell the crap on the steam marketplace then buy the poo poo you want.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
If you feel like you're actively grinding points to do the next unlock maybe hang on to them for the next week because you'll get at least 2 for 1, otherwise Go Hog Wild.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
3 left in solo with 11 kills, then get forced to run across a field with the other two sitting in cover getting lucky with the circle. :mad:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Open as many chests as you want to be able to sell the crap on the steam marketplace then buy the poo poo you want.

This. The camo jackets routinely sell for over $4. This game is funding my next steam purchase.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I just keep getting t-shirts :saddowns:

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I found out last night that the M16 in burst mode is a murder machine up close.

Yeah burst firing the m16 is brutal. I had a game last night where a duo team was posted up in a house and had taken some shots at my friend and I. So the two of us backed off, watched both exits, and waited for them to leave (knowing they had to eventually as the blue was coming). They opened the door, took some steps in my direction, and I opened fire. I killed the second guy while the first guy's blood clouds were still blocking his view of me, the M16 chewed them both up in probably 2 seconds, total.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Well, I guess the word is out about the flooded town. RIP my place no one else ever went to. Now whenever I try to land there i'm like one of five people.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's sort of out, but a lot of people still avoid it, and it's my favorite place to have shotgun fights in. Just the right ranges and spaces.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Enallyniv posted:

How does everyone play when their teammates go down in doubles / squad play? If we're not too far into the round I tend to drop most of my tactical habits and just play to entertain.

We kind of have a rule that if you are the last guy, you have to go all out rambo and run towards gunshots. Exceptions can be made if the last guy has crazy gear but even then its usually for the best.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Most of those medium loot havens are getting raided right off the bat these days. Ruins, flood town, villa, etc.

It's probably best to just jump into a red zone and collect loot off of corpses at this point. Plus the way I see it, if I can't kill a few scrubs at the start of the match I don't deserve to win.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

fadam posted:

Any reason to not spend all my good boy points on chests asap?

You'll get more value if you buy 1 or 2 a week, they reset weekly to 700

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Has anyone ever found a tommy gun? I've encountered countless air drops, gotten AWM's M24's, and M249's a ton but never once seen a tommy gun.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Knifegrab posted:

Has anyone ever found a tommy gun? I've encountered countless air drops, gotten AWM's M24's, and M249's a ton but never once seen a tommy gun.

i've had two squad matches in a row where we (I) threw caution completely out the window and just Dacia'd around to 5 different care packages and getting tons of tommy guns and coats from them yesterday.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I completely forgot Tommy guns were in this game until you said that. I've never seen one or seen anyone killed by one.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I'm starting to think that getting moderately armed and then zipping around to crates might be the best way to play this.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Knifegrab posted:

I got one today. You can't put any attachments on it, which sorta makes it a bit useless really. I mean, it fires .45 and has a 100 round magazine, so at close range it's a beast, but I'd much rather have any of the AR's if I could only choose one. Shotguns are also amazing at close range and they're everywhere, so I'm not really sure what niche the Tommygun fills really, especially considering its rarity.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 26, 2017

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Bardeh posted:

I got one today. You can't put any attachments on it, which sorta makes it a bit useless really. I mean, it fires .45 and has a 100 round magazine, so at close range it's a beast, but I'd much rather have any of the AR's if I could only choose one. Shotguns are also amazing at close range and they're everywhere, so I'm not really sure what niche the Tommygun fills really, especially considering its rarity.

It takes SMG barrel attachments. I won a squad game way back by flanking around some guys in sunken city with a silenced tommy gun. That said, it has horrible iron sights and the spray from shoulder isn't that tight considering it doesn't take other attachments but visually it has a vertical fore grip. It is very good, however, at blowing up cars trying to run you over.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Bardeh posted:

It's a goddamn street sweeper. It filled the niche that the vector now fills, but in a large magazine capacity.

I got crushed with one two days ago because it sounds like a pistol or SMG so I decided to go right at someone because I had an assault rifle and good armor and he put me right down.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Bardeh posted:

It's fun to shoot forever

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I wonder if purchased coats still grant the infinite ammo tho because that'd still be a minor "buying power" thing

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It can't be worse than the double barreled shotgun or crossbow.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I love the double barreled shotgun for completely over killing one dude

Orv
May 4, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It can't be worse than the double barreled shotgun

Look at this wrong motherfucker right here.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah for real the double barreled shotgun is a goddamn beast.

And yeah the crossbow is hard to use but I've had a few rounds wrecking people with it. People don't expect it and you can't trade shots against it!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Yeah for real the double barreled shotgun is a goddamn beast.

686 at close range will melt literally any armor/helmet people carry. I've oneshotted dudes at 10 feet who were carrying 2 vest/3 helmet.

Game needs to clone Arma even more by implementing the stances system and also the whole 'your gun barrel depresses nearby foliage' while prone mechanic. Cause as it stands you have to snipe on rock/concrete (or crouching) a lot of the time due to prone restrictions on your view or because of foliage blocking everything.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Apr 26, 2017

La Fin Du Mondale
Aug 22, 2004
Got this game over last weekend, and I'm having a pretty good time playing it. Is there any real downside for turning off voice chat if I'm playing solo? Getting kinda sick of listening to edgelord teenagers dropping every slur they know into the public channel at the start of the match. It's hard to believe that they thought a 100 person anonymous skype would end any other way.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I turned it off before even playing a game and never looked back. You don't need it.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
The only time I've heard the kind of horrible voice chat spam the games known for was playing on the NA servers. So it's just y'all crass rear end Americans :shrug:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Futaba Anzu posted:

I love the double barreled shotgun for completely over killing one dude

I guess, but I don't trust a close quarter weapon with effectively one shot, even if it is a hell of a shot. But that's just because I'm bad.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Thing I learned: There are people that don't jump at the school at every opportunity, especially when the plane is going right over it. :confused:

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

La Fin Du Mondale posted:

Got this game over last weekend, and I'm having a pretty good time playing it. Is there any real downside for turning off voice chat if I'm playing solo? Getting kinda sick of listening to edgelord teenagers dropping every slur they know into the public channel at the start of the match. It's hard to believe that they thought a 100 person anonymous skype would end any other way.

I mute it in lobby and plane with ctrl t but re enable it ingame when I remember. It's a lot funnier when you merk the poo poo out of a dude and he starts crying in chat over it or starts threatening to "kill me in real life mother fucker." also some people don't realize ingame voice channels are global so sometimes you'll get people revealing their stats and positions from their dialog

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Game needs to clone Arma even more by implementing the stances system

No thank you this is as close as I'd like to come to Arma.

quote:

also the whole 'your gun barrel depresses nearby foliage' while prone mechanic. Cause as it stands you have to snipe on rock/concrete (or crouching) a lot of the time due to prone restrictions on your view or because of foliage blocking everything.

This part is good though.

quote:

I guess, but I don't trust a close quarter weapon with effectively one shot, even if it is a hell of a shot. But that's just because I'm bad.

Bad enough to forget the second barrel, sounds like.

La Fin Du Mondale
Aug 22, 2004

Futaba Anzu posted:

I mute it in lobby and plane with ctrl t but re enable it ingame when I remember. It's a lot funnier when you merk the poo poo out of a dude and he starts crying in chat over it or starts threatening to "kill me in real life mother fucker." also some people don't realize ingame voice channels are global so sometimes you'll get people revealing their stats and positions from their dialog

Thanks. I didn't know about that shortcut.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The biggest issue is the frame drop right now which can ruin close combat, which is really unfortunate because I run an i7, 1080, and a gsync monitor and it still feels bad.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Just recreated the end of The Good The Bad and The Ugly at the end of a solo game with the dumbest mexican standoff ever. Here's the final circle, and the final 3 left alive:

Can't see the other two? that's because all three of us have prone crawled into the same wheat field to form a triangle of idiocy. One guy is prone ahead of me to the left, and another prone ahead of me to the right. Thanks to the magic of third-person we all know exactly where each other are, but since we're all prone our characters can't actually see through the wheat in order to shoot anybody without standing up. Nobody wants to be the first one to pop up and start firing, since the last guy to get up is certain to win.

Well, after a riveting three minutes of laying motionless (apparently the circle stops shrinking once it hits its final size!) one of them gets bored and throws a smoke grenade to break up the monotony, which reminds my dumb rear end that I've got exactly two frag grenades in my inventory. Two beautiful prone lobs later I pick up my dumbest win ever:

Game is good

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Man, Buane your game looks just like mine. Except I was playing squads and my 2 teammates died and left me to fend myself with 80 alive. I murdered the entire squad of 4 that had killed them, looted an m4 and a silencer, drove to the absolute middle of the whitezone and hid in a bush in the middle of a wheat field.

Then I proceeded to narrate how this is what we do in the special forces, while nothing happened for like 15 minutes. When the zone closed in, I just kept dropping people who wandered in paying no attention to murderbush. Then I crawled around the zone until the last members of the last remaining squads started shooting one another, one killed the other and promptly died into the zone, leaving me (and my squad) as the winners.

What I'm saying is, don't give up if you're alone in squads. Just be a field, or a bush.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Badfinger posted:

No thank you this is as close as I'd like to come to Arma.

The stance system just gives you intermediate steps between Standing, Crouch, Prone that you can access while holding a hotkey, it's pretty intuitive and easy to use :confused:

Mark David Chapman
Jul 25, 2011

Bolow posted:

The stance system just gives you intermediate steps between Standing, Crouch, Prone that you can access while holding a hotkey, it's pretty intuitive and easy to use :confused:

Yeah, the stance system was pretty nice in ARMA 3 BR. Really helped with getting the right shots from any amount of cover. I hope they implement something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Hitreg already sucks, I'm not sure the severs would be able to handle another level of crouching without bursting into flames

• Locked thread