Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Which is fine by him because Hyundai and Toyota have their factories in CHUDland so loving over Detroit would gently caress up a union city.

trump actually hates CHUDland though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

financially racist posted:

don't midwest shitholes export lots of corn to mexico

so this would completely gently caress over the midwest and the corn growers

hmm, accelerationism AND loving over shitheads. liking this idea of killing nafta more and more tbh.

yep, agricultural states export tons of food everywhere, the USA is basically reason #1 the global price for cereals keeps going down despite inflation in most of the world and at home. it's literally bad for nobody.

Admiral Ray posted:

don't worry man they'll be plenty of field transplants to keep your kidney's ticking.

diabetes is insulin/pancreas JEEZ :rolleyes:

i'm type 1 too so even a perfectly successful transplant would be megalol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Deputy commander Mark

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Welp bring on the recession I guess

lmao calling the reprecussions of withdrawing from nafta a 'recession' just sounds so quaint

it'd be a full on economic collapse my man

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Alex Jones will NOT be having his scheduled press conference about the Chobani threat today.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Squizzle posted:

im trying to think of a mechanism by which he could do it via eo and unless its buried in the provisions of the treaty itself im at a loss

but even flirting w it is such a horrible thought that it kinda kicked me into despairpostin

How timely:

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/857274794361982978

See you in the breadlines goons.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 26, 2017

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

prefect posted:

He is a known knife-and-fork pizza eater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aek_rkI90vw

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

n 👏o👏t👏h👏i👏n👏g👏m👏a👏r👏s👏a👏i👏n👏t👏t👏h👏e👏k👏i👏n👏d👏a👏p👏l👏a👏c👏e👏t👏o👏r👏a👏i👏s👏e👏a👏k👏i👏d👏t👏t👏e👏r👏s

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
holy poo poo opiods

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

yay!

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

Coolguye posted:

diabetes is insulin/pancreas JEEZ :rolleyes:

i'm type 1 too so even a perfectly successful transplant would be megalol

http://www.darpa.mil/about-us/offices/bto

the BTO may be able to help you out, private coolguye.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Deadlifts are #1 best lift

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Iron Crowned posted:

Well, we can always use it in our cars, but that would gently caress over big oil, and well, we know that ain't happening

biofuels gently caress over the poor way more than they gently caress over oil companies lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Asv7EB1btok

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

So good

quote:

Although he retained his signature bravado and a salesman's confidence in his upward trajectory, he displayed an awareness that many of his own lofty expectations for his first 100 days in office have not been met.

"It's an artificial barrier. It's not very meaningful," he said.

Trump waffled on whether he should be held accountable for the 100-day plan he outlined with great fanfare in his campaign's closing days, suggesting his "Contract with the American Voter" wasn't really his idea to begin with.

"Somebody put out the concept of a 100-day plan," he said.

One hundred days are just a fraction of a president's tenure, and no president has quite matched the achievements of Franklin D. Roosevelt, who set the standard by which all are now judged.

Still, modern presidents have tried to move swiftly to capitalize upon the potent, and often fleeting, mix of political capital and public goodwill that usually accompanies their arrival in Washington.

Trump has never really had either.

A deeply divisive figure, he lost the popular vote to Democrat Hillary Clinton and had one of the narrower Electoral College victories in history. Since taking office on Jan. 20, his approval rating has hovered around 40 percent in most polls.

And not so good

quote:

He is acutely aware of how he's being covered in the media, rattling off the ratings for some of his television appearances. But he says he's surprised even himself with some recent self-discipline: He's stopped watching what he perceives as his negative coverage on CNN and MSNBC, he said.

"I don't watch things, and I never thought I had that ability," he said. "I always thought I'd watch."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/c9dd871023064917932966816d6c2c2d/trump-100-days-its-different-kind-presidency

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

:toot:

https://twitter.com/gblardone/status/856984016410607616%1C

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

isn't this something they literally cannot do

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

financially racist posted:

lmao calling the reprecussions of withdrawing from nafta a 'recession' just sounds so quaint

it'd be a full on economic collapse my man

I'm trying to avoid full fledged depression before lunch is over jeez

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Cat.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Louisgod posted:

the president can withdraw from treaties

Iron Crowned posted:

Well, we can always use it in our cars, but that would gently caress over big oil, and well, we know that ain't happening

industrial agriculture uses a lot of petroleum based inputs so nah, big oil will make out fine.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
In 40 minutes there will be a presser with mnuchin and gary cohn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMFiXhsX9Mk

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

DO we have proof of this? Crust first I mean, I can picture him only eating plain bread with ketchup on it as a "pizza"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

and again trump can't do poo poo to nafta who cares

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Coolguye posted:

biofuels gently caress over the poor way more than they gently caress over oil companies lol

Ah, so that means we're going to double down on them!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Louisgod posted:

there are 3 forms of worthless North American paper. Mexican money, Canadian literature, and US treaties

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

my dad has been addicted to opiods since he destroyed a disk between his vertabrae in his early 20s

i dunno wtf the solution is since they are unequivically the best pain killers around, but the war on drugs is clearly not working for this and a slew of other reasons

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP/status/857275725119991808

WE DOOMED

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

In 40 minutes there will be a presser with mnuchin and gary cohn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMFiXhsX9Mk

ho boy

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Louisgod posted:

afaik yes, if trump signs this EO literally nothing will happen because he can't actually do it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

NAFTA itself says:

and under the trade act of 1974, the president p much has unilateral authority to withdraw, since it frames trade treaties as an agreement between the executive and legislative branches that requires continued consent from both parties (and grants the president a lot of leverage). the language is p clear how much unilateral authority the pres has:

well

poo poo

poo poo

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

remember how big the AIDS crisis was? heroin ODs has overpassed the height of it

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

This doesn't matter because there's 51 senators who will oppose ending medicaid expansion, right? or is hope a lie

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gonna laugh when moderates oppose it this time and it fails again

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

blue squares posted:

he hates toppings thats why he goes crust-first

but it feels so wrong ivanka ivana

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Louisgod posted:

According to the poster earlier in this thread NAFTA itself just requires a notice saying we out and a month waiting period.

Fun times are headed this way!

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

grind your bones to make my nutritional supplement

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

did you know that when people died at 40 from mammoth stomping they didn't suffer from old age infirmities?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The US consumes like 90% of all opioid painkillers in the entire world lol, and a Republican administration will expand those numbers enormously

Gonna be a shitload of white rural olds dying for Trump's cut from big pharma lobbyists, while at the same time their kids die for Trump's poll numbers

• Locked thread