Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Leon Einstein posted:

No, she's stoned. Working full-time isn't an excuse to neglect housework, and why should he have to do more since he works at home?

He needs to leave. Her ex already made it clear she is in fact lazy. He shouldn't call her stupid, since they are both stupid, but she's clearly the problem.

I'm stoned a lot of the time and this place is spotless.

Working fulltimes not an excuse, but it's a factor depending on her job and travel times.

Commuting here is an a bitch, for instance. If I expected someone to come home to me and do equal housework after a 2hr commute each way, while I've been chilling and coding at home with the cat, I'd be an rear end in a top hat.

I mean that's just one interpretation. She needs reassurance all the time because of his criticism, and he repeatedly calls her stupid. Not good.

He 100% sucks and she /might/ suck too.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Grem posted:

Sorry to break it to you but women, especially white women, are generally like that.

Nope. Or if they are it's only because lack of community makes them that way. I went to a woman's college and every woman like that crazy bitch was driven off and everyone else was good friends. If you were a psycho, you were identified and ousted so the rest of us could keep our dorm rooms unlocked and share clothes and perfume.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

I Was The Fury posted:

I bought my (23f) BF (23m) of one year flowers. He's made fun of me merciless for it. I'm hurt and I'm fed up but he won't get the message. I was just trying to do something nice.

:murder:

I bought my dad flowers randomly and he gave me a hug and a big thank you. Anyone who reacts differently than this is a broken human being. Flowers are great, and even if you don't like flowers, you can still appreciate the gesture behind it.

Replace flowers with chocolates, fancy food items, knick knacks, etc. It's the gesture that is the point.

sanctity of marriage :jerkbag:

i think this is a bad idea (drama waiting to happen) but who loving cares about christian feefs, they don't even think you are a person, lady
[/quote]

I only skimmed it but yikes. Don't marry into debt. They both better get a prenuptial to hang onto their respective stuff. Nevermore what happens when they inevitably fall in love with someone. How do you explain that to potential partners? Yeah I'm married but it's a sham! And wouldn't the irs or government look down on this fake marriage thing, or is that only for immigration?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Pick posted:

Nope. Or if they are it's only because lack of community makes them that way. I went to a woman's college and every woman like that crazy bitch was driven off and everyone else was good friends. If you were a psycho, you were identified and ousted so the rest of us could keep our dorm rooms unlocked and share clothes and perfume.

Two posts in and I already don't care enough to keep up your gimmick, how do you do it?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grem posted:

Sorry to break it to you but women, especially white women, are generally like that.

Talking about your great friendships is like step 1 on the path to adult women LARPing Mean Girls

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They all think the woman they're being terrible to is the psycho one

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Daffodils rock

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CheesyDog posted:

They all think the woman they're being terrible to is the psycho one

Naw it's basic poo poo. Don't steal, don't cheat, don't lie.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I [27F] am gay. One of my best friends [28F] is straight. She is suggesting we get married for financial/companionship reasons. I'm tempted.

this would be a thousand times less complicated if they just became roommates instead of getting married but then I guess that's the point

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I [27F] am gay. One of my best friends [28F] is straight. She is suggesting we get married for financial/companionship reasons. I'm tempted.

She's lost her health insurance, but needs it for her chronic conditions (hormone issues, developing MS, and SAD/GAD).

My eyes just skipped right over that the first time but holy poo poo, that's maybe the biggest bombshell in that whole crazy post. It terrible that straight-girl has MS, I would not wish that on anyone. But if she's got MS that means that gay-girl would be signing up for a lifetime of financial, emotional, and physical hardship, because MS is just terrible and inflicts pain on everyone involved in long, drawn-out fashion. And gay-girl would be taking all that on for someone who would never be able to love her romantically? :stare:

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Commuting here is an a bitch, for instance. If I expected someone to come home to me and do equal housework after a 2hr commute each way
This is not a very likely scenario.

I think a 4 hour daily commute is less likely than her being lazy as gently caress and addicted to her phone.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 26, 2017

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Leon Einstein posted:

This is not a very likely scenario.

They could totally both be terrible people though. I don't see any reason not to :sever: for any of the possible real problems.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 26, 2017

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Grem posted:

Two posts in and I already don't care enough to keep up your gimmick, how do you do it?

Sorry about your lovely friends :j:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
just LMAO at any man who doesn't exploit capitalism's inherent hirearchies to pit their friends against each other in a battle for gossip and beachfront vacations. LMAO I say!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Men constantly gossip about each others wing wangs and use women as the medium for this wing wang gossip and aren't even content for women to be the medium of wing wang information exchange, they disdain them for it, but anyway men will tell you about their suspicions of another mans wing wang so that you will "want" his "wing wang" and not other wing wangs, it is a form of gossip that is just the same and makes implications of a person's value, but also reinforces that for lack of a wing wang that women are "valueless". anyway, men should be divested of their wing wang

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Blotto_Otter posted:

My eyes just skipped right over that the first time but holy poo poo, that's maybe the biggest bombshell in that whole crazy post. It terrible that straight-girl has MS, I would not wish that on anyone. But if she's got MS that means that gay-girl would be signing up for a lifetime of financial, emotional, and physical hardship, because MS is just terrible and inflicts pain on everyone involved in long, drawn-out fashion. And gay-girl would be taking all that on for someone who would never be able to love her romantically? :stare:

but her notwife will cook and clean for a few years until she's too sick to do anything but be cared for, platonically

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

Men constantly gossip about each others wing wangs and use women as the medium for this wing wang gossip and aren't even content for women to be the medium of wing wang information exchange, they disdain them for it, but anyway men will tell you about their suspicions of another mans wing wang so that you will "want" his "wing wang" and not other wing wangs, it is a form of gossip that is just the same and makes implications of a person's value, but also reinforces that for lack of a wing wang that women are "valueless". anyway, men should be divested of their wing wang

No dudes I know seriously talk about each other's dicks.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I Was The Fury posted:

How do I [31M] handle my girlfriend [30F] of 5 months being lazy?

Protip 1: don't move in with an SO after one month.
Protip 2: don't try to outlast someone who's standards of cleanliness are lower than yours. It will never work.
Protip 3: holy poo poo dude just leave

They both don't know how to live with someone. You have to be willing to adapt and accept change in your lifestyle when you live with someone, no one has the same expectations around how clean the house is, cooking, dishes, or chores in general. He needs to realize that she's never going to care about the place being as spotless as he does and she needs to realize that she can't be as much of a slob around the house as she used to be. Amazingly they're going to have to find some middle ground if they want to make it work, but he's already resenting the hell out of her and they moved in together way too early already...so it's probably doomed anyways.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

new phone who dis posted:

They do it through WOMEN

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Pick's knowledge of men is about as good as the avg teen boy's knowledge of women

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You need to get to know some better dudes.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

They do it through WOMEN

Man talk about women when women aren't around is actually less about sex than you might think.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Pick posted:

They do it through WOMEN

Also we talk about our dicks endlessly through jokes, which allow us to discuss it and reinforce our dicks' importance but give us plausible deniability so that we can say we don't ever actually talk about our dicks

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lol just lol if you don't have a cadre of dick-imprisoned mind-thralls constantly on the hunt spreading the good news about your penis and bringing fresh blood into your ever-expanding girl-fold

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Pick posted:

They do it through WOMEN

So it's actually women talking about it?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

lol just lol if you don't have a cadre of dick-imprisoned mind-thralls constantly on the hunt spreading the good news about your penis and bringing fresh blood into your ever-expanding girl-fold

just lol if you don't think you made a joke but that's every man's dream

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

You can actually get more of them and better quality ones using your abs instead of your dick.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Men jerk off like EVERY. GOD. DAMNED. DAY.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Man talk about women when women aren't around is actually less about sex than you might think.

Big old YUP. We will only describe how attractive the woman is generally. We don't really say that much sexually about women we're dating because no one wants to make their friends imagine them naked and also don't want to have to picture their friends naked.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Pick posted:

Nobody tell Pick about weekends.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

No dudes I know seriously respect me enough to blow me.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It's the stereotype that girls demean each others bodies frequently flipped around.

Totally how I thought at 17, before I became conscious.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Apr 26, 2017

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pick posted:

So do women. What's the big deal?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
gently caress face it's like the wpmen who take vacation photos where they pose their teddy bear named Timoto or what ever in the frame men aren't talking about the penis they're talking about where their penis has BEEN and they talk about it in the THIRD PERSON

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Hahahahahaha

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
*activates American Psycho smile muscles and points*

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

just lol if you don't think you made a joke but that's every man's dream

what was the joke? The name's Chad, by the way, I think we've met?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It's the stereotype that girls demean each others bodies frequently flipped around.

The dudes who suffer the most abuse in social circles do so primarily from lack of confidence or any interesting traits in my experience. You can be a fat, small-dicked, hairy fucker and as long as you're funny and confident you'll still probably do fine. One of the guys at my job right now who takes the most abuse is a decent looking early 20s dude who is super promiscuous but still savaged for being a boring man-whore who buys pre-ripped jeans and ran the company truck over a fire hydrant.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I only talk to men about penises & I'd rather women not be involved in the conversation at all tyvm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pick posted:

gently caress face it's like the wpmen who take vacation photos where they pose their teddy bear named Timoto or what ever in the frame men aren't talking about the penis they're talking about where their penis has BEEN and they talk about it in the THIRD PERSON

this is where you lost me