Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/857163618231754753

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

If the Browns trade up for a QB in this shitass QB class LOL.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/857202708943712256

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Bills reporter saying that the team might look to trade up 2-3 spots if the price isn't too steep. He said they covet 2-3 players and he doesn't know who, but he suspects Adams and Hooker.

Really good rear end day if you're an NFL reporter that loves masking tepid "team X might" predictions as legitimate scoops.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/857219477540360194
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/857219256454348800

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
So the Browns allegedly want to move up from #12 to take a QB. Let's look at who is ahead of them:

2. San Francisco 49ers - No QB
3. Chicago Bears - No QB
4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Bort sucks, so no QB either
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - Have a QB!
6. New York Jets - No QB
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Have an old as heck QB
8. Carolina Panthers - Have a QB!
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Have a QB!
10. Buffalo Bills - Have a QB, but one that ownership seems to hate for some irrational reason
11. New Orleans Saints - Have an old as heck QB

If, hypothetically, Trubisky is remotely worth taking before #12, then almost every team between #1 and #12 is a plausible threat to take him except the TItans, Panthers and Bengals.

That would suggest you should just take him #1 overall so you actually get him, instead of trying to get cute so you can get him taken out from under your nose.

On the other hand, if all these QBs are future garbagemen (which is what everyone seems to actually think) then you shouldn't even take one at #12, and instead should load up the rest of the roster and take a project in round 2+.

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 26, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This draft seems weak overall in my expert analysis but I'm not on espn I'm currently on the toilet so I probably have no idea what I'm saying.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Armando poops all over the idea of Lamp in the first. Isn't happening.

https://twitter.com/armandosalguero/status/857216514986061825

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I would rather the panthers trade down with Cleveland than take Mccaffery.

Like they don't even need to offer anything else. Just swap firsts.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

:getin:

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The Browns are going to shock us all by selecting Deshone Kizer #1 overall.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Probably looking at moving back to the second to get the kicker they covet.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm just gonna say it. I think this QB class is better than last years. I think you guys are getting down on it, because every prospect has some major flaw, but so did Goff and Wentz and I would honestly take Mahomes over both of them, even though he might be the scariest prospect of them all. I just love watching him, even though I know he needs work.

I really didn't expect to like him as much as I do, because of how scary you guys made him. And you are right, but he is still incredible.

I think Trubisky has a lot going for him too. While I wish he played more games, I'm not willing to say that there is something wrong with him because he didn't start, when it's just as likely the coach is an idiot.

I also think Watson is the safest bet to work his hardest to maximize his opportunity, despite his issues. I think how players deal with adversity is as important as physical ability and he's the only prospect I can feel confident about in his ability to handle this.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Bigass Moth posted:

Too Millennial, hard pass.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Bigass Moth posted:

You misspelled Jets and #6

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Sataere posted:

I'm just gonna say it. I think this QB class is better than last years.

*Pedantic Man swoops in*

Oh yeah? Who's going to be better than Dak?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

fsif posted:

*Pedantic Man swoops in*

I hope Dak is exposed this year and is bad forever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/856970745896988672

Nfldraftcoverage.txt

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

fsif posted:

*Pedantic Man swoops in*

Mahomes. He'll also be worse.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/TylerDBrooke/status/857262456917372931
You must trade up to 6, Indy.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Oof, that would be a knife in the gut. Doubt it happens though, Ballard has been raving about the depth in the draft and the importance of having lots of picks

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I just watched a highlight video of Pat Mahomes and I swear it was indistinguishable from an EJ Manuel highlight reel I watched in 2013.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bengals at #9 are a super obvious candidate for trading down imo since they are probably more sensitive to the 5 year rookie option cutoff than most teams and they are in a spot where they are likely going to be picking from the second-tier of talent at that spot for the position they are looking at anyways.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol this would be the dumbest loving thing

McCaffery doesn't play literally any position on defense

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

:bisonyes:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

no way

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

sean10mm posted:

So the Browns allegedly want to move up from #12 to take a QB. Let's look at who is ahead of them:

2. San Francisco 49ers - No QB
3. Chicago Bears - No QB
4. Jacksonville Jaguars - Bort sucks, so no QB either
5. Tennessee Titans (from Los Angeles Rams) - Have a QB!
6. New York Jets - No QB
7. Los Angeles Chargers - Have an old as heck QB
8. Carolina Panthers - Have a QB!
9. Cincinnati Bengals - Have a QB!
10. Buffalo Bills - Have a QB, but one that ownership seems to hate for some irrational reason
11. New Orleans Saints - Have an old as heck QB

If, hypothetically, Trubisky is remotely worth taking before #12, then almost every team between #1 and #12 is a plausible threat to take him except the TItans, Panthers and Bengals.

That would suggest you should just take him #1 overall so you actually get him, instead of trying to get cute so you can get him taken out from under your nose.

On the other hand, if all these QBs are future garbagemen (which is what everyone seems to actually think) then you shouldn't even take one at #12, and instead should load up the rest of the roster and take a project in round 2+.

They would need to trade up to #5 to get Trubisky I think. Even then, there are a lot of teams willing to move back either now or once their guy gets picked.

San Fran might move back if Cleveland takes Garrett. I think they could be sitting on this pick because the value could skyrocket if the Browns take Trubisky first, so they don't want to miss out on that. But if Cleveland makes the obvious move, San Fran could have some deals already lined up to move back. And a lot of that could be driven by the fear that Chicago and Jacksonville could actually draft Trubisky at #3-4, and that Tennessee may be actively shopping the #5 pick.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Bigass Moth posted:

I won't be that shocked

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Sataere posted:

I think Trubisky has a lot going for him too. While I wish he played more games, I'm not willing to say that there is something wrong with him because he didn't start, when it's just as likely the coach is an idiot.

Because Marquise Williams was actually a really good college QB, and that 2015 UNC team was in contention for the college football playoffs until the last week of the regular season.

Coaches are not paid to develop NFL prospects. Williams was the better QB for the team that year. And that is definitely a knock on Trubisky, because he was on the active roster in 2014 and 2015 and didn't win the job.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Rivera told Thomas he's the Panthers pick if he's there at 8.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I'm just going to convince myself that the Colts are really wanting to trade up for someone else and that's a smokescreen, for my own sanity.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

What loving good is this tweet ya turdburger Greg Gabriel

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

FizFashizzle posted:

if it means no loving McCaffery I'll take it

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

Well if we always target fat boys then I'm sure we have said the same thing to Garrett and Allen. But neither of them will be available at 8 either.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Slowpoke! posted:

Because Marquise Williams was actually a really good college QB, and that 2015 UNC team was in contention for the college football playoffs until the last week of the regular season.

Coaches are not paid to develop NFL prospects. Williams was the better QB for the team that year. And that is definitely a knock on Trubisky, because he was on the active roster in 2014 and 2015 and didn't win the job.

However, good NFL QBs often sit in college longer than they should because the guy in front of them is pretty good or good enough to not risk changing. Having a small sample size for Mitch sucks but blaming him for not winning the job when he probably didn't have any real chance to change the coach's mind is kind of silly.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

I just watched a highlight video of Pat Mahomes and I swear it was indistinguishable from an EJ Manuel highlight reel I watched in 2013.

It's entirely possible and maybe probable that Mahomes isn't as good (well, 'good') as EJ in the NFL because holy poo poo does he need some stuff fixed, but EJ didn't have the arm that Mahomes has.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Grittybeard posted:

It's entirely possible and maybe probable that Mahomes isn't as good (well, 'good') as EJ in the NFL because holy poo poo does he need some stuff fixed, but EJ didn't have the arm that Mahomes has.

Yeah, I don't see it. EJ didn't look nearly as reckless as Mahomes. Part of me wonders ifor my fascination with Mahomes is the same feeling pyromaniacs get watching things burn.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it's all Brett favres fault for winning one title and convincing decades of scouts that funslinging will be an asset

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I heard somebody do some analysis of this draft on corners. Their idea is that this draft class is FAR from an all time great corner class....BUT it's just that there are so many serviceable corners in this draft.

With Sidney Jones injured and Conley possibly doing the whole rape thing...is there even a corner that's worth a top 15 or 20 1st round pick that's not Lattimore? Seems like it's more like a "draft secondary later cause of depth" kind of situation.

This is the most ready I've ever been for a draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

it's all Brett favres fault for winning one title and convincing decades of scouts that funslinging will be an asset

funslinging IS an asset, to totally rad and fun to watch games

• Locked thread