Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Roth posted:

If it's comics and tv shows/movies then I would subscribe no problem.

Same. But absolutely will not if its just shows and movies. Especially if it is just DC stuff. Not remotely worth it. If it were the greater Warner library I might consider it if the library were big enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Roth posted:

I'm going to watch every episode of Titans just so I can laugh at how terrible Beast Boy will look with usual terrible VFX these shows have.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is still better than genre TV special effects.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
This is a terrible, dumb question, but are the Freeform Marvel shows supposed to take place in the MCU/Netflix/AoS universe?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Amazon's The Tick is launching on August 25th.

I really enjoyed the pilot so I'm looking forward to this.

Suit has been redesigned since the pilot too.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

redbackground posted:

This is a terrible, dumb question, but are the Freeform Marvel shows supposed to take place in the MCU/Netflix/AoS universe?

Like AoS and Netflix, assume they will reference the movies vaguely but exist in their own bubbles.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

redbackground posted:

The character descriptions for the New Warriors mentioned the Avengers, so it's a world with superheroes at the very least.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

HIJK posted:

Interesting. What happens next? I didn't pay any attention to the last strike.

Quantum of Solace is what happens next. Hold onto your buts, the poo poo movies are gonna get deep.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Veotax posted:

Suit looks way better, pilot suit was gross looking and weirdly over detailed.

Jackie Earl Haley was super good playing an outrageous, scene chewing villain in the pilot.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Bruceski posted:

Quantum of Solace is what happens next. Hold onto your buts, the poo poo movies are gonna get deep.

I can't imagine them getting worse but I'm sure Hollywood will surprise me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Dacap posted:

Suit looks way better, pilot suit was gross looking and weirdly over detailed.

Jackie Earl Haley was is super good playing an outrageous, scene chewing villain in the pilot.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Veotax posted:

Too much crotch.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ToastyPotato posted:

The funny thing is Warner Bros already tried a streaming service and it failed so miserably I don't think many people know it existed. FYI it is where all the James Bond movies went when the vanished from Netflix years ago.

Through work I scored a 90 day free trial of it and nothing ever worked and nothing could stream in HD. Total garbage.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I have most of my favorite Bond movies on BRD, and then I have those box sets they came out with about a decade ago for the rest.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So I just finished Iron Fist and I have to ask: did anyone find it funny that suddenly Davos is working with Gao after all his preaching about killing the hand? AND that Joy is suddenly alright with having a conversation about murdering Danny? Is just seemed like they ABSOLUTELY needed a plot twist. For a season 2 that we don't want!

I will say this, the back half was much better than the front half.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

omg chael crash posted:

So I just finished Iron Fist and I have to ask: did anyone find it funny that suddenly Davos is working with Gao after all his preaching about killing the hand? AND that Joy is suddenly alright with having a conversation about murdering Danny? Is just seemed like they ABSOLUTELY needed a plot twist. For a season 2 that we don't want!

I will say this, the back half was much better than the front half.

Davos isn't all about the Hand now, he just thinks that Danny needs to die because his existence as the Fist leaves Kun-Lun completely defenseless. They had been building it up for the last 5 or 6 episodes.

Joy was actually more of a ~*TWIST*~

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It really seemed like they had no idea what they wanted to do with Joy. It seemed to follow the standard trope of "More than one single woman means one is a love interest and the other is going to betray the hero" rule, but they teetered back and forth on that.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Medullah posted:

It really seemed like they had no idea what they wanted to do with Joy. It seemed to follow the standard trope of "More than one single woman means one is a love interest and the other is going to betray the hero" rule, but they teetered back and forth on that.

I think they were trying to be more complex, even if they were pretty ham-fisted about it.

Ward was a shitheel from childhood onwards, but Joy was a relatively normal kid who gradually began compromising her principles because that's about the only way you can be the head attorney of a multi-national pharmaceutical company and still sleep at night. She's not really a bad person, but siding with Danny means abandoning her family, her career, and pretty much everything she's ever done in her life. In that sense she and Colleen have nearly identical arcs, but in the end choose different paths.

I haven't seen that final episode since it aired, but does Joy actually team up with Davos and Gao? What I remember at least is Davos trying to recruit her, and Joy saying something along the lines of 'I'm listening' -- which isn't at all the same as 'sign me up'. And Gao was just sort of hanging out at a different table eavesdropping, wasn't she? I didn't get the impression that Davos or Joy even knew she was there.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Yakmouth posted:

I think they were trying to be more complex, even if they were pretty ham-fisted about it.

Ward was a shitheel from childhood onwards, but Joy was a relatively normal kid who gradually began compromising her principles because that's about the only way you can be the head attorney of a multi-national pharmaceutical company and still sleep at night. She's not really a bad person, but siding with Danny means abandoning her family, her career, and pretty much everything she's ever done in her life. In that sense she and Colleen have nearly identical arcs, but in the end choose different paths.

I haven't seen that final episode since it aired, but does Joy actually team up with Davos and Gao? What I remember at least is Davos trying to recruit her, and Joy saying something along the lines of 'I'm listening' -- which isn't at all the same as 'sign me up'. And Gao was just sort of hanging out at a different table eavesdropping, wasn't she? I didn't get the impression that Davos or Joy even knew she was there.

Correct.

Gao is smiling because she has manipulated them into doing what she wants. Neither of them are working for The Hand.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
HAHAHAHAHA I WATCHED EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF SMALLVILLE OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Everytime you post something I disagree with I can now just quote this post as evidence of severe brain damage and automatically win the argument.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

HAHAHAHAHA I WATCHED EVERY SINGLE EPISODE OF SMALLVILLE

In a row?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

In a row?

It only took two months!

Skwirl posted:

Everytime you post something I disagree with I can now just quote this post as evidence of severe brain damage and automatically win the argument.

You'd have to be brain damaged to watch that much Smallville.

But I have now seen every episode of pretty much every super hero show ever.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Even Birds of Prey?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Even Birds of Prey?

I had a serious love for Dina Meyer so yeah, that one was easy to sit through.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

What you've done is joined an elite club my friend :smug:

Welcome! Enjoy the complimentary Stride Gum!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Did you do it sober?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Did you do it sober?

I did.

I also watched a shitload of it while exercising.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I did.

I also watched a shitload of it while exercising.

But what about your destiny Clark Rhyno????

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Davos isn't all about the Hand now, he just thinks that Danny needs to die because his existence as the Fist leaves Kun-Lun completely defenseless. They had been building it up for the last 5 or 6 episodes.

Joy was actually more of a ~*TWIST*~

That whole stinger was 100% poorly thought out and presented garbage and killed what little interest I had in the story line.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

But what about your destiny Clark Rhyno????

Watching all ten seasons was one of my trials.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

Watching all ten seasons was one of my trials.

I'm watching all of X-Files and Black Mirror right now. I'm you. Just a little more bizarre.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe
Remember when Rhyno died and his little brother who was also named Rhyno grew up and posted exactly like him?

Of all the dumbfuckery in Smallville, that one still takes the cake for me

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I can't imagine binging through Smallville. I watched the entire series live as it aired. :stare:

I had so much time to just... stop. But I never did.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Watched M.A.N.T.I.S.?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Rhyno posted:

Gemini Man
Six Million Dollar Man
Manimal
Automan
ElectraWoman and Dyna-Girl
ISIS
Shazam
Blue Falcon and DynoMutt
1960s Marvel cartoons
Man from Atlantis

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Somebody SAAAAAAVE him...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Neil Gaiman is saying that he hopes American Gods' success will finally convince WB to give up their movie plans and make Sandman into a TV series.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

For some reason I was watching the intro (again) for MANIMAL on YouTube the other day. It's just crazy how 80's it is and how many 70s/80s show staples it checks the box for:

-Hot blonde eye-candy co-star.
-Token black guy.
-Gruff police lieutenant.
-To top it all off, MANIMAL's powers were apparently appropriated from mystical Tibetan tribal people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ugb_TIpPoWA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Gemini Man
Six Million Dollar Man
Manimal
Automan
ElectraWoman and Dyna-Girl
ISIS
Shazam
Blue Falcon and DynoMutt
1960s Marvel cartoons
Man from Atlantis

I believe there are a few episodes of Automan that were lost or something? But otherwise yeah.

poo poo man, 5 years ago I did a full rewatch of Lois & Clark.