Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BlueBayou posted:

December has holidays around the world, right?

I believe late November to the end of December.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Royal guest room was cool but not anything amazing. The headboard is nice and was nicest bed I've slept at at Disney but I like my beds rock hard soooooo.

Going to magic kingdom today. The only thing I would warn about Disney keychains is that they deteriorate extremely fast. I had a goofy one that lasted all of five months. :(

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also no USB ports at all which was strange as I think even Pop had them

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Last trip I don't recall USB ports at pop. I always just use one of the outlets behind the nightstand to plug in my actual charger. The outlet by the little table in the room is reserved for charging work laptop.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

poo poo, I stayed at POR in January and there were no USB ports (and the outlets weren't in awesome locations.)

Help solve an argument: what's the breakeven point for an annual pass? Two visits/ten park days?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Omne posted:

poo poo, I stayed at POR in January and there were no USB ports (and the outlets weren't in awesome locations.)

Help solve an argument: what's the breakeven point for an annual pass? Two visits/ten park days?

For Florida residents it's like 3 single days or a 5 day ticket. Non-Florida is like 2 days more each?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think looking purely at park visits isn't perfect. Factor in the (currently 20%) discount on merchandise and some food and you can quickly break even with only a few visits.

And the memory maker, if you care about that.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's worth it for the merchandise discount and the memory maker.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I think they still have the extra month as well right?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No not anymore, just renewals up to sept.

Also why the hell do they send fast pass riders to the left space mountain station so frustrating.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Also why the hell do they send fast pass riders to the left space mountain station so frustrating.

What's the difference between left and right? Or was it more that regular guests on the left get shafted because the right hand side doesn't deal with two streams of riders?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
For some reason I thought you had to go through the regular queue again when going left but it wasn't. My bad

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Man Space Mountain was painful. Not as bad as the Matterhorn but still pretty jerky.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Space Mountain is one of my favorite rides everb ut yeah, rough.

I went to DisneyQuest also for the first time yesterday doing a life long dream. it was really underwhelming. As in, Disney always made it seem like this massive huge thing but it was eh. Cyberspace Mountain was cool and IMHO wasb etter than Sum of All Thrills ever was. POTC was ok. Didn't get to do any of the other interactive stuff. The whole bottom floor was basically turned off, was realyl weird.

Also saw La ZNouba and that was pretty darn amazing.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also they ahd a pretty big section dedicated to the Avatar Cirque Du Soleil show so if it was my guess, that's exactly what will be coming to that theatre next.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love Disney Quest but it's very dated. Charming but it lacks the feel of Disney actually caring about it much.

La Nouba though is amazing. I've been twice and it's one of the rare things that completely captivates me. It's such a great balance of everything intellectual and physical. It makes me feel things I can't even put into words. I'm super bummed it's leaving at the end of the year.

e: no idea how I didn't think about the Avatar show going on afterwards. That makes a lot of sense.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 27, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah there was alot of lights just not working inside and it was kind of desolate. cute though.

But yeah I think the Avatar show wouldb e my total guess. There was just too much stuff on sale there about it. My first thought was "weird, why is there already avatarland stuff for sale?" But then I looked closer.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

No not anymore, just renewals up to sept.

The merge cast member tries to minimize the fastpass wait, so if the right side is too long and the left is shorter they'll send fastpass folks down that side.

You'll basically never see standby get sent to the right unless there's nobody in fastpass though.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Edit: Ignore this post, just me last minute worrying about Disney's Magical Express stuff I already sorted out two weeks ago and then forgot about until I googled about it again :downs:

Also I still can't believe in 48 hours I will be halfway to the airport :woop:

Icedude fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 27, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Space Mountain is one of my favorite rides everb ut yeah, rough.

I went to DisneyQuest also for the first time yesterday doing a life long dream. it was really underwhelming. As in, Disney always made it seem like this massive huge thing but it was eh. Cyberspace Mountain was cool and IMHO wasb etter than Sum of All Thrills ever was. POTC was ok. Didn't get to do any of the other interactive stuff. The whole bottom floor was basically turned off, was realyl weird.

Also saw La ZNouba and that was pretty darn amazing.

DisneyQuest was legitimately cool when it first opened, but now it acts as a sort of time capsule to the early 2000s. Which, you know, is my jam. But I understand why they're getting rid of it.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Disney Quest was the coolest when I first went in 1999 as a kid.

I can't imagine going there now if it hasn't been updated.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

More Pandora merch revealed. It looks pretty freakin wild

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/04/creative-collaboration-key-to-designing-new-merchandise-for-pandora-the-world-of-avatar/

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Randomizing the card packs for that translator is pretty bad. Fun concept though.

Relatedly, Does Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom sell well at all?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Most of the cards are free. There is only like 1 pack of 6 special cards that is for sale.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
I got recognized on that there Disney Twitter and boy, that actually feels pretty nice. So yeah, if you ever have any thoughts about how to praise a cast member you did a good job, just tell WDWToday, because it always gets forwarded to their leaders. I got a free can of soda out of the deal (and a notation on my record card for good behavior haha)

(Just because: Please note that I am not asking you to do this for me (Unless you are actually impressed by my particular brand of guest service at Disney, I guess. #spooky) just a general note that you don't have to schelp to Guest Relations just to praise a cast member, and the cast will almost always find it refreshing)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

BBS, I need to find you when I'm there. I'm sure your service is indeed impressive.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Got my fast passes for next month, woo!

Is there really no reserved seating for the Star Wars fireworks at HS? I've never done it before because HS is honestly pretty dire. Any tips on what to do/how early to arrive? We'll be there on a Friday night.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Reinanigans posted:

Got my fast passes for next month, woo!

Is there really no reserved seating for the Star Wars fireworks at HS? I've never done it before because HS is honestly pretty dire. Any tips on what to do/how early to arrive? We'll be there on a Friday night.

You can get reserved seating if you can get into the star wars dessert party.

Otherwise, just, ya know, be there early to get a good seat. Fireworks are ~USUALLY~ at 9, but check the times to be sure. Last time I went we just kinda sat down in front of the main stage around 8:20.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
If you're an alcoholic, I think the dessert party is worth doing at least once to see how many drinks you can slam in that period. Me and my wife had a fun game of that when we did.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

couldcareless posted:

If you're an alcoholic, I think the dessert party is worth doing at least once to see how many drinks you can slam in that period. Me and my wife had a fun game of that when we did.
The deal-breaker for me was that the description explicitly said there's no seating.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

WhiteHowler posted:

The deal-breaker for me was that the description explicitly said there's no seating.

Yeah there's no actual seating at the party (they set up a bunch of tables in the Launch Bay) but you get a reserved area for fireworks viewing after the party.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
The party inside has seats around, not many but some. Outside you gotta stand though.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Who sits down at fireworks anyways?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If you stand up you might get choked out!

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Edna Mode posted:

Hey, some of us are old.

Actually, none of my favorite WDW fireworks memories were standing:
- Watching Illuminations from the hammocks at Caribbean Beach
- Watching Wishes from the corner window seat in Ohana
- Watching the New Years' Eve fireworks from the patio of... some long-defunct restaurant in Pleasure Island way back in 2003

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I'll add sitting down in front of the castle for Hallowishes and proposing to my list. It was her idea to sit there and to this day she still bitches that I didn't get on one knee.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
The sad moment when you realize your AP expires today and you're 1000 miles or so from WDW.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Edna Mode posted:

For real.

Not sure how you would even be allowed to remain seated as the CMs come around and insist that everyone stand up so they can cram more people in the area.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
A fun drinking game is waiting near a "no standing" area for the fireworks or parade and taking a drink every time a cast member has to shoo people away. Two drinks when someone manages to squeeze into the standing area where you swear there was no room seconds ago.

This works best at MK but it's probably best they don't sell drinks on the street there or you'd quickly get alcohol poisoning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That's the reason I never end up going to the cool firework shows and similar things. The only thing worse than having to stand around forever is being herded around stuffed in with strangers.

get off my lawn etc I'm practicing to be a grumpy old man