Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Sagebrush posted:

robots are not human and cannot be victims

I for one welcome our robot overlords and will assist in hunting down robo-racists
:roboluv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

NLJP posted:

Emotional abuse is no joke. These are the people who should make you feel safe and cared for.

They one up themselves in another one from invisible ink to "we're putting you up for adoption". CPS cannot get there fast enough.

ElGroucho posted:

Just a wild guess, but some poo poo hole state with terrible laws

Maryland.

Edit:

quote:

The developments come as representatives of the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office and Baltimore County Police Department said investigators were reviewing the videos but struggling to view deleted videos and to establish which jurisdictions they took place in.

“We’re looking into every aspect of the videos to see if there are any crimes,” but the investigation depends on where the videos are shot, said Major Tim Clark of Frederick County.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/feature...0424-story.html

18 Character Limit has a new favorite as of 01:19 on Apr 26, 2017

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Subjunctive posted:

In what world is anything a child says more compelling than the videos? CPS can act on behalf of pre-verbal children, so I'm surprised that it's a hard line here.

What jurisdiction are they in?

Doesn't matter. Regardless of the videos they are still going to have a psychiatrist interview the kids. Even with pre verbal kids, they are still going to interact with them in person.

Keep in mind it's common for parents to lawyer up when these investigations are happening and CPS is definitely going to want their psychiatrist to address the judge regarding his interview, otherwise the parents are going to bring their own toadies to court insisting that it was all a prank and the kid was in on it all along.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

INEBRIATE

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Hi

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Exercise balls had to have been invented by Xray and cast producing companies.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Senator Robert Fisher (R) has been outed as the creator of the infamous subreddit "the red pill"

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/25/the-republican-lawmaker-who-secretly-created-reddit-s-women-hating-red-pill.html

quote:

The homegrown son of a preacher, 31-year-old Robert Fisher is a Republican who represents New Hampshire’s Belknap County District 9. In addition to his legislative duties, Fisher owns a local computer-repair franchise, and in his spare time, seems to have created the web’s most popular online destination for pickup artistry and men’s rights activists, The Red Pill, according an investigation by the Daily Beast.

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx/local-news/103875-rep-robert-fisher-on-hot-seat

quote:

"I'm disappointed that this sort of attack has replaced real news," Fisher wrote in his statement, "but it strengthens my position and resolve that fighting for equal rights is more important today than ever. Here's my message to the public," he continued, "I will continue to stand strong for men's rights and the rights of all."

If this was any other year, I would think this was fake or some kind of smear campaign. But this is 2017. You know what, I totally believe that a US Senator was the creator of /r/redpill.

U.S. politics are only going to get weirder and weirder guys.

Zaphod42 has a new favorite as of 06:01 on Apr 26, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

United States Congress recently passed a law entitled the “Protecting the Privacy of Customers of Broadband and Other Telecommunications Services” which obviously does the opposite and lets ISPs sell your browsing history for profit. This is coming back to bite a certain Senator Jeff Flake (R-AZ) in the rear end in a huge way:

http://www.animemaru.com/senator-ousted-as-ecchi-loving-trash-after-broadband-privacy-repeal/

Looking at the site it seems to be a weird (and bad) anime version of The Onion. It's really obvious.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Andrast posted:

Looking at the site it seems to be a weird (and bad) anime version of The Onion. It's really obvious.

Yeah I already edited out that story, whoops. Smelled like satire. But the later one that just got posted on Daily Beast is a good read and seems to be real.

quote:

Before the day was out, officials of the New Hampshire Democratic Party were calling on Fisher to resign his seat in the House. In a prepared statement, Rep. Amelia Keane, executive director of the Young Democrats, said that "Representative Fisher's behavior is nothing short of repulsive. He should be deeply ashamed of himself. There is no excuse for the type of hateful and ignorant rhetoric anywhere in our state, nonetheless from someone elected to our State House to serve the men and women in his community. If Rep. Fisher has any semblance of decency or shame left, he will resign his seat." She described Fisher's behavior as "predatory and misogynistic" and charged he promoted a culture of "disrespect and abuse."

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

Senator Robert Fisher (R) has been outed as the creator of the infamous subreddit "the red pill"

http://www.laconiadailysun.com/newsx/local-news/103875-rep-robert-fisher-on-hot-seat

If this is an "attack", isn't he admitting that his opinions are wrong?

Bonald Farndhardt
Apr 18, 2005
Ye it up

Zaphod42 posted:

He's a state representative, not a senator. But drat that is some top quality schadenfreude.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Fox News Anchor Among Group Alleging Racial Discrimination In Class-Action Suit Was Fox News a serial killer in a past life or something, that all this is happening?

And something really sad: United Airlines killed a bunny

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

trickybiscuits posted:

Fox News Anchor Among Group Alleging Racial Discrimination In Class-Action Suit Was Fox News a serial killer in a past life or something, that all this is happening?

Fox News have conspicuously been Fox News in this life which is why it's all happening.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Zaphod42 posted:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/25/the-republican-lawmaker-who-secretly-created-reddit-s-women-hating-red-pill.html

If this was any other year, I would think this was fake or some kind of smear campaign. But this is 2017. You know what, I totally believe that a US Senator was the creator of /r/redpill.

Get the gently caress outta here.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Newton bitch!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

That's a LOL for me, boys

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Horse must be a Utes fan.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

think i need to see that horse kick video in full, hopefully the sound of his crunching ribs will really add that extra dash of schad i crave

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

rchandra posted:

If this is an "attack", isn't he admitting that his opinions are wrong?

He likely knows only scumbags who hate women do this and didn't want the truth to be known about how he has extremely toxic views on relationships.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I wish this kind of attitude was a genetic trait so that it would simply die out in one generation.

vvv - well, mostly.

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Apr 26, 2017

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Ahem, “Rape isn’t an absolute bad, because the rapist probably likes it a lot. I think he’d say it’s quite good, really.” — Rep.Robert Fisher (R-NH)

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Grem posted:

Holy poo poo I just watched the EXPOSED video on YouTube, how in the holy gently caress did this channel last even two minutes?! It's just him abusing his one kid, over and over and over. It's so bad.

I think I'm watching the same one right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZY5YUVrAiI

and it's god damned HORRIFYING. I've never seen any of their videos, and this is straight up child abuse by psychopaths. I'm sure it's hilarious in the right context of course ha ha.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

verymoldy posted:

Ahem, “Rape isn’t an absolute bad, because the rapist probably likes it a lot. I think he’d say it’s quite good, really.” — Rep.Robert Fisher (R-NH)

What the loving gently caress gently caress?!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

verymoldy posted:

As they say, 4 out of 5 people enjoy gang rape

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Who among us is brave enough to speak out for the poor rapists?! These poor individuals who are forced to rape because of short skirts and a woman's presence alone in a dark alley? Truly this is an elected official unafraid to stand up to all those bleeding heart Rape Is Bad People and say "No more!"

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Taken from his now defunct reddit account.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

mng posted:

I think I'm watching the same one right now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZY5YUVrAiI

and it's god damned HORRIFYING. I've never seen any of their videos, and this is straight up child abuse by psychopaths. I'm sure it's hilarious in the right context of course ha ha.

On one hand, it's terrible that the kid had to go through all this. On the other hand, he looks a bit like Chris Evans (the presenter), so...

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

The biggest abuse is making the kid wear Rec Specs.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

:nws: for european rear end :zoid:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

why are you all watching videos of child abuse

what the hell

this, however, is fantastic

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

That looks like one of those times where they get to use the "injuries incompatible with life" term.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

verymoldy posted:

This just sounds like the edgy humor one can enjoy every day on GBS

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mu Zeta posted:

This just sounds like the edgy humor one can enjoy every day on GBS

That's not true at all and it's dumb to perpetuate this ridiculous interforums drama.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I saw people joking about car crash victims yesterday on GBS.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

I saw Goody 3Olives with the devil yesterday on GBS.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mu Zeta posted:

He says, in the schadenfreude thread, with not a shred of self-awareness to his pitiful name.

E: VVVVVV I can't believe someone can miss the point this hard. Are you trolling? Jesus.

Rockman Reserve has a new favorite as of 21:05 on Apr 26, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who?

food court bailiff posted:

He says, in the schadenfreude thread, with not a shred of self-awareness to his pitiful name.

I'm not saying the congressman is a good guy but that he's obviously doing a crass joke under his anonymous name. Is it really that much of a shocking statement compared to just reading GBS? It's the same fake astonishment about how the fat guy in the red sweater wrote mean things on Reddit.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Apr 26, 2017

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Sovereign Citizens getting tased is the finest kind of schadenfreude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqax4Q1Tj1I

STAND DOWN!
STAND DOWN!
STAND DOWN!

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Paladinus posted:

On one hand, it's terrible that the kid had to go through all this. On the other hand, he looks a bit like Chris Evans (the presenter), so...

Abusive parents will often dress their kid like Chris Evans as a way of avoiding feelings of guilt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Mu Zeta posted:

Edit: Beaten like a red-headed step child.