Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Outrail posted:

I'm an hour from the border and used to send everything to a border town for pickup and hope the guard isn't a dick who wants to make me pay import tax that day because that's what everyone does and it's so much cheaper.

Turns out unless it's a heavy piece of equipment or multiple items it's usually only a few bux cheaper to pay import tax and shipping. So unless my fuel tank is almost empty and I can fill up on inferior US gas fuckit.

Yeah, I'm more like a half hour and I go over a lot so it makes sense for me.

Too much further and it's only useful for places that won't ship to Canada at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The fact I cannot buy milk that already comes tasting like the milk left in the bowl after I eat the cereal is an atrocity.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My back hurts because work was so boring that I was slumped over my phone all day.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thin Privilege posted:

I was gonna pay $10 for an amazon filter but realized I should prob get a $60 one, made in Germany, for my fancy new lens and both increased my credit card debt terribly but the lens is loving gorgeous and the filter is amazing and I don't know how to feel about the whole situation. $, but gorgeousness. :/

In Canada that $60 lens would probably be $150.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

oldpainless posted:

The fact I cannot buy milk that already comes tasting like the milk left in the bowl after I eat the cereal is an atrocity.

IT's called cereal milk and you can buy it

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I HATE apple cables. They are so flimsy and break, exposing the wires underneath. But if you use an odd-brand cable, which works perfectly, doesn't work because the iPhone says "this is not a compatible device" despite having used it in forever.

I hate Apple's worthless, cheap mad, broken always, $$$$$$$&&&&&&& sold cables .

electrical tape is god

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

In Canada that $60 lens would probably be $150.

gently caress dude. I'm sorry :(

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

frogge posted:

Reverse FWP?
I got up to pee during a Heroes of the Storm match and my friends went absolutely apeshit on me over it. Like, gently caress you guys. It wasn't like I went up during the middle of brain surgery or doing air traffic control. It's just a loving game. Sorry I inconvenienced the outcome of your mindless entertainment... but not really.

Don't play video games with shitheads.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A job I applied for only took in 100 or fewer applications (including mine) and are opening 17 positions.
I'm qualified but my job history is weird and somewhat specialized. If I could get an interview, I could easily explain my skills and history.
Getting to that point is difficult.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It sucks that Pixar is now a sequel factory. loving Cars 3?

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

frogge posted:

Reverse FWP?
I got up to pee during a Heroes of the Storm match and my friends went absolutely apeshit on me over it. Like, gently caress you guys. It wasn't like I went up during the middle of brain surgery or doing air traffic control. It's just a loving game. Sorry I inconvenienced the outcome of your mindless entertainment... but not really.

Your friends suck. I flat-out told mine that I refused to learn how to play any MOBA, and if I had to play, I was going to be drunk and belligerent the entire time. It turns out, they're pretty okay with that, and on the occasion I do play something I can usually get 2 or 3 people to carry my drunk rear end who think it's hilarious that I'm not even trying and the rest of our team is getting super salty about it.

This may be how I ended up drunk at 8am after playing Heroes of the Storm for the first time, after promising myself I'd go to bed early last night because I had poo poo to do today, but whatever. v:shobon:v

My real FWP right now is that I keep accidentally grabbing the jar of salsa instead of my glass of bourbon.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mu Zeta posted:

Cars has the most movies of any of their franchises, too.

Cars 1, 2, and soon-to-be 3.

And then also Planes and Planes: Fire and Rescue.

How Fire and Rescue, a spin-off of a spin-off, was actually released in theaters and not straight-to-video is lost on me.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

Cars has the most movies of any of their franchises, too.

Cars 1, 2, and soon-to-be 3.

And then also Planes and Planes: Fire and Rescue.

How Fire and Rescue, a spin-off of a spin-off, was actually released in theaters and not straight-to-video is lost on me.

Toy Story has 3 movies with a 4th upcoming, 2 22-minute TV specials shown on their own, and 3 short films shown before movies (Cars 2, Finding Nemo 3D, and The Muppets).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

People around me at work eating raw vegetables extremely loudly. Like I can't really be mad because eating veggies is good, but JFC the wet crunch of celery and snap of carrots in particular is so loving grating. It's more annoying than someone eating a bag of potato chips. :argh:

bradzilla has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Apr 27, 2017

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I wound up uninstalling because I'm not really a fan of MOBA's anyways and they were the only folks I played that with. Gaming with friends loses all of it's fun when folks get turbospergy about it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Your problem was poor communication and disparate wants. Your friends were serious and committed to a goal, you just wanted something light and casual to pass the time.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

My grandparents bought a house recently and gave it to me. They did it as a surprise. That's cool, I guess. But they paid cash for the cheapest house they could find in my small southern town so it's in an awful neighborhood, all the plumbing had been stolen and had to be replaced, the roof was full of holes so that had to be replaced, the ceiling has holes and water damage everywhere, the bathroom walls and floor are hosed, I've got a washer and dryer but the hookups don't work, the stove is broken, the backyard is tiny and in clear view of all the neighbors, basically this is the shittiest house ever but beggars can't be choosers I guess and I can't exactly get mad at my grandma because it's still a house in my name and grandpa just died. I can fix a lot of the issues but I was just wanting to rent a little apartment and not have to worry about all this poo poo.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That doesn't sound very first world.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

doverhog posted:

That doesn't sound very first world.

Well, I did say it was the South

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I want to load music onto my ipod shuffle but none of my cords seem to work anymore. Or they do and I just can't locate the drat thing in iTunes now.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Now that I have a :siren:BOYFRIEND:siren: I need sexy lingerie, but I'm a 28F or FF depending on the bra, and the only bras in that size are massively expensive. Just bought one for $94 :negative:

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib

CainsDescendant posted:

My grandparents bought a house recently and gave it to me. They did it as a surprise. That's cool, I guess. But they paid cash for the cheapest house they could find in my small southern town so it's in an awful neighborhood, all the plumbing had been stolen and had to be replaced, the roof was full of holes so that had to be replaced, the ceiling has holes and water damage everywhere, the bathroom walls and floor are hosed, I've got a washer and dryer but the hookups don't work, the stove is broken, the backyard is tiny and in clear view of all the neighbors, basically this is the shittiest house ever but beggars can't be choosers I guess and I can't exactly get mad at my grandma because it's still a house in my name and grandpa just died. I can fix a lot of the issues but I was just wanting to rent a little apartment and not have to worry about all this poo poo.

bro that sounds rad as hell get a few drinks in convince the lads to come over and help ya fix the place up, sell it off once grandma dies for thrice what she paid and buy a hullavalotta weed

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

CainsDescendant posted:

Eh, could be worse. This house has been fire-gutted and is unfit to live in, and it's still on the market for $300k. And no, it's not in a nice part of town.. though ironically it is right across the street from the fire station.

To add insult to injury, they're selling it along with the property next door, which is $550k. So that's $850k total for two houses, one of which you can't even use.

:ca:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Apparently the alt right neo nazi movement has somehow stolen the "ok" sign and it now means white power. 👌

I don't know if it annoys me more than they somehow started using that, or that someone looked at some awkward white people giving an ok sign and went OH THOSE loving BASTARDS and made up the thing on the spot.

Sort of like when I was in school and apparently slap bracelets all have different meanings about who sold drugs or who was up for sexing, and in reality it was just some weird rear end people going "I BET THAT'S WHAT THOSE YOUNG FOLK ARE UP TO! HAVING SEX! TAKING DRUGS! I BET THAT RED BRACELET MEANS HEROIN!" or whatever the local news story was.

Dammit I just wanna signal the waitress that my steak is fine, not be accused of being a nazi :mad:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CainsDescendant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd4-UnU8lWY

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
On the subject of amazon and the border. Amazon.ca won't let me order in any of the 20000mah battery banks to any address in Canada it seems.

But amazon.com seems fine to send stuff an hour south on the USA border. Get your poo poo together.

Any idea why amazon Canada won't send to Canada?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Thin Privilege posted:

Now that I have a :siren:BOYFRIEND:siren: I need sexy lingerie, but I'm a 28F or FF depending on the bra, and the only bras in that size are massively expensive. Just bought one for $94 :negative:

MY GIRLFRIEND has a very similar problem. Upwards of $150 sometimes because she has a smaller frame and large boobs.

Oh noooooooo... ;)

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Inzombiac posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND has a very similar problem. Upwards of $150 sometimes because she has a smaller frame and large boobs.

Oh noooooooo... ;)

Wait a second, I know who your :siren:GIRLFRIEND:siren: is!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I unlocked two characters in Heroes last night and I want to try them out but my friends enjoy playing as them and I'm not sure I'm going to get a chance to play as them.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Woke up today with fun plans for the whole day, which almost never happens. I go to the gym in the morning before it all starts and my friend says "oh you didn't get my invite to come daydrinking with a bunch of attractive women? Do you have anything going on later today?" and I'm just Goooooooooooooooooooooooooood dammit :negative:

At least I got free dinner, but I think it's giving me really bad gas now too. Alas!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Leavemywife posted:

Wait a second, I know who your :siren:GIRLFRIEND:siren: is!

Buhhhh?!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm thinking I should get a Switch, but I know that would be dumb

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Mu Zeta posted:

From what I gather the plot for Cars 3 is basically going to be "millennials, amirite?!?"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Outrail posted:

On the subject of amazon and the border. Amazon.ca won't let me order in any of the 20000mah battery banks to any address in Canada it seems.

But amazon.com seems fine to send stuff an hour south on the USA border. Get your poo poo together.

Any idea why amazon Canada won't send to Canada?

Is it Amazon themselves or a Marketplace seller?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A decent percentage of my computer's memory is usually in use, and it's somewhat bothersome.

I consider this a FWP because it's not an overwhelming/actively-impedes-my-computer's-functioning amount, nor is it in one or two processes. That'd be easy to suss out and remove. No, it's the much more boring thing of not having reformatted-and-reinstalled-poo poo on my computer in a long time, and there's a lot of low-footprint stuff that collectively takes up a bunch of memory.

I really don't want to do a reformat-and-reinstall thing, and I really don't want to sperg out and play the "what is this process and how do I prevent it from being there" game for something that is only taking up an ounce of memory, times every process.

In addition, there's an obvious solution - just restart - but my OS is on a slow HD and rebooting takes a while. My life is woe.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:13 on Apr 30, 2017

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Aphrodite posted:

Is it Amazon themselves or a Marketplace seller?

Goddammit.

But then why the gently caress are they advertising on a site they can't sell that merchandise on? FWP!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It could be an address issue.

I know some marketplace sellers won't send to a PO Box.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
That's even worse. My town dosent have letter boxes. As in all post goes to a post office box. Couriers like DHL will do deliveries but otherwise yeah, no home addresses.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I actually don't like this apartment very much but I signed another year on the lease because I just plain don't feel like moving.

I also don't really dislike it either. Like I realize I could have found a nicer place closer to work for probably about the same price but :effort:

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 01:25 on May 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm mildly burned out of the games I've been playing, and none of the ones I've tried playing are doing anything for me.