Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A Tartan Tory posted:

Just started my first insane difficulty purifiers game...and this is the start I got. Legit did an evil laugh as soon as I seen it.

Be careful not to let your purifying peak too early :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
The game really seems to get confused when you go xenophobe/pacifist. I keep getting messages about living in harmony with aliens when I hate those fuckers.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

You think'd they'd have covered that option, I mean, Inwards Perfection is a thing.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The worst is xenophobe egalitarian, it's like they never even thought that it was possible option. The game will actively punish you for picking this incorrect combo.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

LogisticEarth posted:

I feel like there shouldn't be discreet techs for military stations and habitats and such, but rather a generalized tiered system for "station" sized, "fortress" sized, and larger structures. Probably tied to starport sizes?

I really feel like Habitats shouldn't come so late, but also should start out kinda lame and only become the science/energy powerhouses they are later in the game.

Like, maybe we could build different levels of habitats, similarly to how there are varied sizes of planets?
You could probably set this up fairly easily with some editing of the habitat buildings file. Make the buildings give a low base amount of their resource that's then modified upward by the has_technology condition, same way that farms use has_civic to get that unity bonus from agrarian idyll.

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Apr 26, 2017

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Changing pops to only have one ethos was a mistake.

They should just let factions be multiple ethos and get rid of pop ethos's entirely. Just have them join/move/create factions based on attraction rates and a bit of random chance and then adopt those ethos's unless they change factions again.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

The worst is xenophobe egalitarian, it's like they never even thought that it was possible option. The game will actively punish you for picking this incorrect combo.

It's such a Scandi thing to do, assuming that anyone calling for equality will automatically not be space racist. Here in the UK, the history of egalitarian politics (i.e. liberalism) is replete with examples of people demanding, "Equality and democracy for all! *except blacks".

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Aethernet posted:

It's such a Scandi thing to do, assuming that anyone calling for equality will automatically not be space racist. Here in the UK, the history of egalitarian politics (i.e. liberalism) is replete with examples of people demanding, "Equality and democracy for all! *except blacks".
"Equality for all people (they don't look like us and therefore aren't people)" is like, one of the human default modes.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

darnon posted:

Even worse there's one that removes the snailien's bit of hay!

holy poo poo tell me steam banned whatever monster made this

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

darnon posted:

Even worse there's one that removes the snailien's bit of hay!

What the hell is wrong with some people

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
So, uh... I just had a (nomad) pop migrate to a new colony before the colony was complete. Is... that supposed to be possible? The planet had pre-sentients on it, not sure if that's relevant.

After the colony completed, it got the 2 pops as normal, so it didn't really affect anything. Weird, though.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Strategic Tea posted:

Be careful not to let your purifying peak too early :ohdear:

Don't worry, I only have 8 colonies by 2210. Full tryhard mode activate!

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Aethernet posted:

I think the problem is that they used inconsistent assumptions, the ethos system assumes all three axes are independent of one another but everyone knows they're super correlated in practice (not completely dependent, but strongly related), so it didn't occur to anyone to put in an "equal amounts of slavery for all, regardless of background!" faction, because that's not really how it works

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Argh. Limited modding tools! :( I had in mind to tweak some of the awkwardly-working slavery and purge types by making pops under forced labor, for example, automatically (by event) tear down any non-mining/farming (and therefore unproductive, energy-sucking) building they're on and replace them with crappy but free "work camps" putting out a base one mineral.

However, I can find no way using the scripting code to scope to the tile a pop is on, which is a little...baffling.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere

A Tartan Tory posted:

Don't worry, I only have 8 colonies by 2210. Full tryhard mode activate!

How? Do share tips :D

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

alcaras posted:

How? Do share tips :D

1. Get a decent start with a space miner and two energy rich systems.

2. Buy a monument and work it with your initial food guy, buy a science ship, set your two science ships to survey the systems with the most gas giants in your initial radius (more likely to be energy rich).

3. Save your minerals till you hit prosperity opener, then get all the energy stations near you. You are aiming for +16-+24 energy and 2 additional corvettes (5 can take on the initial pirates).

4. Hit prosperity 1 for private colony ships, you should have enough energy to get the train rolling, keep spamming private colony ships from now on.

5. Fuel your colony ship spam via the habitable worlds chain and killing the pirate station which give free energy.

6. The planets you colonise will give you additional poo poo just from base resources, don't waste minerals on buildings when mining stations are 3x more efficient. Use this to primarily balance food and positive energy.

This strat relies on the premise that energy just shits on everything else as a resource in the early game, mineral stations cost you one energy and buildings cost you one energy in order to provide their bonuses, whereas power buildings and stations have no maintenance. That kinda means that tier 1 power plant provides 3 energy from one pop, where a mining network provides 2 minerals and -1 energy for a net of 1. Now that you have private colony ships there's basically 0 need to prioritise minerals early, I only use them to construct stations as needed and spaceports to gently caress over early ai rush.

It also helps if you are a fanatic purifier and invade two primitives to turn into temporary food bonuses while you get set up.

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 26, 2017

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
I also like grabbing the anomaly booster option in science before I start exploring. Having a few anomalies happen in your starting territory can be a huge boost at the start.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Demon_Corsair posted:

I also like grabbing the anomaly booster option in science before I start exploring. Having a few anomalies happen in your starting territory can be a huge boost at the start.

I would do this on lower difficulties, but at insane you really need all the early energy/minerals powergaming you can get.

Here we are slightly later on for those curious.

A Tartan Tory fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 26, 2017

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

A Tartan Tory posted:

I would do this on lower difficulties, but at insane you really need all the early energy/minerals powergaming you can get.

If you flip it upside down it kinda looks like a duck.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Poil posted:

If you flip it upside down it kinda looks like a duck.

Ducks are an abomination to the Kazani and therefore must be purged in the most tasty way possible.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

WMain00 posted:

Things are getting tricky in my game:

I'm the Hierarch Triumvirate, a caste based spiritualist society based upon a story/novel i'm slowly writing. To the left are the Kammarian State, who sort of started small then suddenly grew exponentially. They're xenophobic, but our spiritualist teachings and charisma mean we share some common values. Unfortunately though they're becoming greedy and covet our worlds. I just finished up on a war on the northern section of the Galaxy in order to expand my territory in an effort to offset the imbalance in power and influence.

Despite this, the Galaxy exists in a state of east vs west, with all of the eastern bloc in non-aggression pacts or small alliances. The west is somewhat more chaotic, with the large Commonwealth of Man being the only stable force, which is currently finding itself in friction battles with its neighbours.

Overall though this is good fun and probably the furthest I've got in a game. Playing a more aggressive society seems to have worked out.

Hierarch Triumvirate is a super cool and good name for a polity that uses that flag symbol

A Tartan Tory posted:

yo if you leave this right side up it looks like an upside down duck

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Poil posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=707297106 <- all the leviathan stuff spawns in every game

Niiiiiiice maybe I can finally meet that space dragon I keep hearing about!

e: I know he spawned once because I found the hoard planet but I think an AE killed him or something

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Apr 26, 2017

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Shugojin posted:

Niiiiiiice maybe I can finally meet that space dragon I keep hearing about!

e: I know he spawned once because I found the hoard planet but I think an AE killed him or something

Yeah I always play on smaller maps with lots of AI and it tends to crowd out any cool stuff. I'm lucky if I get 1 or 2 leviathans :( This mod sounds nice.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

You know what I'd really love? An option during galaxy generation to determine the ratio of pre-made empires to randomly generated ones. I've got like 30 pre-made empires. I can't imagine playing a game without them -- they lend games a sense of character that is otherwise missing in a fully random empire game. But in practice, that means I've locked them all in, so the only randomly generated empires I see are the FEs. I'd love to be able to consistently start new games where, say, 25% of empire were randomly generated and 75% were randomly chosen from my pool of pre-mades.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

escalator dropdown posted:

You know what I'd really love? An option during galaxy generation to determine the ratio of pre-made empires to randomly generated ones. I've got like 30 pre-made empires. I can't imagine playing a game without them -- they lend games a sense of character that is otherwise missing in a fully random empire game. But in practice, that means I've locked them all in, so the only randomly generated empires I see are the FEs. I'd love to be able to consistently start new games where, say, 25% of empire were randomly generated and 75% were randomly chosen from my pool of pre-mades.

:same:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

I'd like this, too.

Apocalyptic Penguin
Sep 6, 2010

Ditto. Additionally, I'd really like an Always/Never/Maybe spawn button for premade empires like custom saved empires get.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Apocalyptic Penguin posted:

Ditto. Additionally, I'd really like an Always/Never/Maybe spawn button for premade empires like custom saved empires get.

Going to third/fourth this. I always feel like I should be able to set, say, the races in the Goonpack to maybe spawn, or spawn as 50% of the races in the game, and the rest are random, or...

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Do defensive pacts only kick in when the empires in the pact are attacked, or are they just a misleading name for alliances? A neighboring empire just declared war on me...but even though they declared on me, their defensive pact buddies joined the war on their side. Which is annoying, because their defensive pact buddies are the only non-Fallen empires in my half of the Galaxy that outgun me right now.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Main Paineframe posted:

Do defensive pacts only kick in when the empires in the pact are attacked, or are they just a misleading name for alliances? A neighboring empire just declared war on me...but even though they declared on me, their defensive pact buddies joined the war on their side. Which is annoying, because their defensive pact buddies are the only non-Fallen empires in my half of the Galaxy that outgun me right now.

What probably happened is that they offered a declaration of war to them, which is odd that it overrode your pact with them. There should be a 10 year cooldown. I certainly can't declare war on someone I have a pact with and need to wait 10 bloody years.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

Defensive pacts aren't alliances but they might as well be, you were probably declared war on via their invite attackers part of a war declaration.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Apocalyptic Penguin posted:

You can KIND of do this but there isn't a UI button IIRC, you have to edit the file in a mod's prescripted_countries folder directly, and there's a "spawn_enabled" option that takes values of always/no/yes.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
You can invite anyone you want into ab offensive war, no pacts or anything needed.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

GlyphGryph posted:

You can invite anyone you want into ab offensive war, no pacts or anything needed.

Oh, well, that sucks. I probably should have picked that fight earlier, then, instead of trying to push them into declaring war in hopes of a one-on-one fight. Don't suppose I can invite anyone I want onto the defensive side of that war, can I? Otherwise, I'm in trouble.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GlyphGryph posted:

...but a lot of reasons the AI will say "no thanks" including other wars.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

I'm sure its happened before, I never noticed until now. You'd think Careful and Carefree would be mutually exclusive traits...

Anyway, is there a place to actually report minor bugs like:

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?

BenRGamer posted:

...so you're going to be a Xenophile FE?

One of their Gaia Worlds is literally called 'The Preserve' and it's where they put one of your pops when they ask for it.

In my very first, mostly vanilla game I gave a friendly FE a pop early on, later visited The Preserve with a science ship and saw all the fun ET buddies they lived with.

Further along in the game the FE went AE and sent a couple of colony ships out of the Preserve, one of them human! So there was this weird planet of domesticated humans out here, assisting this really violent Xenophile AE as it curb stomps any species that it decides isn't playing nice.

It felt believable too, this was straight up UN Humans for my 1st game -- can totally see humans becoming like those alien toady guys from Deep Space 9, uhh the ones that got played by Jeffrey Combs a lot. I bowed down to the AE early on so domesticated & wild humans were still spacebros. The AE never seemed to want *me* to help fight for 'em, interestingly. Maybe their having some of their very own Mamluk humans freed me of that burden?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Materialist is just down right boring, yay robots everywhere and i've out paced the entire galaxy in tech by an insane margin. Theres a few psi spiritualist neighbors but my economy is just absurd and i'd curb stomp the poo poo outta them if it ever came to war.

The simple fact is robots grant an insane bonus because you can easily fill up a planet. Just because you believe in god doesn't mean you all of the sudden stop using toasters. Spiritualists should be allowed to use robots and droids but not synths.

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013
So last night, and by last night I mean 5am this morning, I defeated the Prethoryn Scourge. It was not the first time I've beaten the swarm, but it was by far the most intense.

People complain that they never see it but I was lucky enough, or unlucky, to have it happen as near early as it possible could.

They landed in the west. By the time they were done, two empires empires had been devoured along with at least a dozen pre-ftl races (that I know about).

And it's all my fault.

But before I get into that, let me backtrack to and put together the scenario.

Seven Human Empires, including Sol and six more from the six great arks mentioned in the games fluff:
  • The UN (Fan Egalitarian, Xenophile)
  • The Commonwealth (Fan Militarist, Xenophobe)
  • The Empire (Fan Spiritualist, Pacifist)
  • The Directorate (Fan Materialist/Authoritarian, with robots)
  • The Republic (Fan Xenophile/Militarist with a secondary race)
  • The Reavers (Fan Xenophobe/Militarist AKA Purge Happy Genocidal Fuckheads)
  • The Alliance (Fan Pacifist/Egalitarian)

Scenario is a medium spiral galaxy with Ironman Vanilla. I was also hoping the Human Remnant (Fan Xenophobic FE) would show up for shits and giggles but it wasn't to be, I wound up with Materialists FE and their ringworlds on my northern borders, and a Spiritualist FE in the Far North.

I went with the Alliance, full name the United Tribal Alliance – I've used that empire name through various patches and ethos, but the symbol and colour scheme has always been the same, and their homeworld has always been known as Exodus, orbiting a sun they named Hades. I've even kept the same name for the ruler after rolling it once and sticking with it; Victoria Rodriguez.

The Game was going very well out the gates, Victoria had great traits and lead the Empire until her death with very little effort on my part when rigging elections. She oversaw an era of peace and expansion unlike any game I've had to date. We never actually went to war with anyone, not even the Commonwealth who sat to our east, whom we managed to hug to death early on, eventually gaining access to Gargantua and the Infinity Machine via strategic spamming of frontier outposts and two rebellions on their worlds which I vassalised and integrated as fast as I could. I'd built the Science Nexus, and the Sentry Array was under construction. I'd defeated the the Stellar Devourer and transformed its system into a three planet Eden. The Ether Drake and Enigmatic Fortress were beaten and plundered, and I was shifting my Empires Ethos towards spiritualist so I could get my hands on some Psionics. Sanctuary spawned within spitting distance, and I was able to throw down an Outpost and enlighten and integrate the species there.

By the 2370's, I was rolling in so many drat energy I was terraforming every world within my borders into Gaia World for want to something to spend them on, and my Mineral Bank was well over 150K. The UN, Empire and Republic were in a Federation allied against the Coalition and the Reavers and seemed to constantly be at war with one or the other, occasionally both. The Coalition was on good terms with me, while the Reavers were far enough away not to be a threat, and the Commonwealth was completely neutered and sending rude messages to me whenever they could.

Then the swarm arrived, and an entire arm of the Galaxy was wiped out.

So how the hell is it my fault?

Because I was afraid.

I was afraid of provoking the Fallen Empires into awakening, so while I was rolling in enough resources to smack them down before they awoke, as Fanatical Pacifists I couldn't wage any wars and was so focused on slowly changing my ethos to spiritualist that I was unable to change tack and an liberate the FE worlds. So I kept my military small, roughly a 10K of battlehsips and corvettes split into different fleets which could quickly be upgraded and combined to a 30-40K fleet depending on how I geared them, to take on any threat until I could start pumping out battleships by the dozen.

As soon as the storm appeared on the horizon, the ploughshares were turned into swords and we began the march, no, avalanche towards war... but it was too late for a large part of the galaxy population. I actually hadn't built up my space station infrastructure properly and our tech was geared towards the then inevitable conflict with FE's and Unbidden. Our fleets were not yet optimum, we had Partical Lances and Kinetic Batterys, but lacked Flak and jump drives – I'd held off on researching Jump tech as I didn't want the unbidden to show up before I could properly welcome them. By the end of the conflict we had that tech and more, but starting out the First Fleet was a stack worth around 38K once the upgrades had been rushed through. Had I not been so worried about waking the sleeping giants, I might have had the fleet power to take them on properly out the gate and save so many worlds.

In what was purely random but I attribute to serendipitous Karma, the Swarm smashed into the Reavers, then like a malignant cancer, spread into Republic Space.

When our Fleet engaged the swarm for the first time it was in the system far to the Galactic West, a buttfuck nowhere system on the rim called Ridathi. Ridathi held no strategic value or resources worth taking about except for a pre-FTL Civilisation of butterflies in the early space age. I decided that this was were I'd hold them, so squandered the last of my influence to get the station up, and was putting together a flower when the swarm hit us with a 60K fleet against the 38K one.

We beat them easily.

Then they came again.

And again.

And again.

For months they held and I called it Space Stalingrad, but it was not to be. Ridathi was to be my Thermopylae, my Alamo, my Saragarhi.

A last stand.

Admiral Daniela Rodriguez (who was perhaps distantly related to the first Leader of the Alliance, Victoria Rodriguez) was in charge of the forces there. The Ether Drake had been slain by her hand early in her career, and if anyone could beat back the Swarm it was her. Each month, dozens of ships poured in to replace lossless, scientists were assigned to sift through the derbies for anything of value, many died but we worked out their technology, such as it was.

Then the connecting wormholes stations were cut off.

There had been several stations, but as I was focused on Ridathi I failed not notice them all get taken out as the Swarm completely devoured the Republic, while taking huge chunks out of the UN and the Empire. Before they could be re-established, three great scourge fleets hit the system... Victoria's fleet was badly damaged, the great flower of fortresses was entirely wreckage. She Bloodied them, but when there were five battleships left, she was ordered to retreat – her skills and knowledge too valuable to lose.

As the five gutted battleships limped back towards Alliance Space, and with them their precious admiral, the Grand Fleet had amassed. In that time another fleet some idiot admiral had expressed their desire to hold maneuvers on the border of Coalition Space, great timing dickhead – perhaps the fleets did need practice, but the debuff for ignoring the saber rattlers request was unacceptable so a portion of the fleet was directed towards Coalition Space (on the other side of the bloody Galaxy). For the short term the fleet was split apart, with small groups going on glassing runs, while the majority was assigned to spanking any fleets that dared come near out borders, while running off incursions into what was left of UN and Empire Space - all the while, species within the scourge borders where being purged into soup.

When the Sensor Array was completed it was all over for the Swarm. I could see all, I could counteract their every goddamn move and we finally got our hands on Flak Artillery, Tachyon Lances, and Jump Drive. We ran them into ground, reclaiming a handful of few worlds, but I was too late for so many.

In hindsight, I should made an emergency jump from Ridathi as soon as the wormholes got cut off.

Before then, I should have kept an eye on the Wormhole Stations.

Before then, I should have never gone to Ridathi

Before then, I should have held back and not attempted to save the Republic and left them and so many other species to their fate while protecting my borders and building up the doomstack.

Before then, I should have ensured my space station infrastructure was all up to date.

Before then, I should have built my fleets up to maximum capacity from the start and spanked them as soon as they showed up, saving everyone.

However, much to my suprise, the Butterlfies of Ridathi survived. As a Space Age Civilisation their population was able to weather the storm, as due to the efforts of the First Fleet during the siege of Ridathi, the Scourge had only dispatched invasion forces to take and purge the planet quite late into their invasion. Once the array was up and I saw they were alive, the First Fleet, lead by Daniella, rolled through and cleared the area - I was unable to send ground troops to beat off the swarm due to game mechanics so it was a race to kill the swarm before their world got purged, but the Butterflies managed to reclaim the world for themselves.

I had hoped to wait for the Queen Event to spawn, I still don't have that drat achievement, but there had already been too much death, so we glassed them all.

Daniella lead the First Fleet against the last system of Swarm worlds on the rim and ended it.

Within the year she died.

The Butterflies live on.

Next game I'll guess I'll play as them, but for the moment I got a Dyson Sphere to build for the achievement and two Fallen Empires to smack the gently caress down for not lifting a finger while billions perished.

We're also no longer Fanatical Pacifists - we're Fanatical Egalitarian, minor pacifist, and we're going to Liberate the poo poo out of this galaxy.

Couple of notes:
  • If you want to save a pre-ftl species from the swarm, as far as I can see the only way is to annex them... which requires influence and pisses other empires off. Several species which I could have saved died because I didn't have the influence to take their worlds from the swarm.

• Despite literally copying over each Empire and maintaining all the naming conventions, traits etc. I wound up with seven different species of human – I'm pretty sure pre-Utopia if species had exactly the same appearance/traits/naming they would be seen as the same species however that now appears to be broken.

• This game really needs a ledger – I would have loved to give a more detailed write up, the conflict itself lasted around 10 years but I cannot be exactly sure of when it started or ended.

TL:DR – Swarm showed up as early as it possibly could and after several mishaps I drowned them in battleships and saved some Butterflies.

Rougey fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Strudel Man posted:

Argh. Limited modding tools! :( I had in mind to tweak some of the awkwardly-working slavery and purge types by making pops under forced labor, for example, automatically (by event) tear down any non-mining/farming (and therefore unproductive, energy-sucking) building they're on and replace them with crappy but free "work camps" putting out a base one mineral.

However, I can find no way using the scripting code to scope to the tile a pop is on, which is a little...baffling.

You could try scoping to the planet a pop is on and then all tiles on that planet with purging pops on them?

• Locked thread