Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they've also got that Production IG anime still in the works from last year, the upcoming Devilman adaptation, and the odd show or two they grab each season. plus I'm seeing more live-action stuff presumably from Netflix Japan. Terrace House seems really successful, in that vein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is the new Voltron available on Japanese Netflix?

Do they call it Golion?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
blame is really more post-apocalyptic than cyberpunk anyway

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope this Nihei renaissance results in an English release for Abara at some point. Also while I'm wishing for something a Biomega anime would be awesome. The hero is slightly more emotive than Killy and it gets super weird, it would be a fun ride.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

they've also got that Production IG anime still in the works from last year, the upcoming Devilman adaptation, and the odd show or two they grab each season. plus I'm seeing more live-action stuff presumably from Netflix Japan. Terrace House seems really successful, in that vein

Terrace House is too good for this world

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I'm going to stick with Alice & Zoroku. I'm interested in where it might go, and I like tough grandpa.
I really like the concept for the antagonist's, uh, Stand. Her husband died in Iraq. Her power manifests as a giant pair of his muscular arms that she uses like Bayonetta's wicked weave.

But boy, did things get intense. I didn't expect a show with this kind of bright artstyle to go there. But I don't think the show is headed in a grimdark direction, and it's not aping Madoka or anything; More like Railgun levels of you-should-hate-this-guy villainy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

an actual dog posted:

Terrace House is too good for this world

i feel like Griffin McElroy may have oversold the last five episodes, but I'm still in the midst of the Terashima/Rikopin controversy. after this I'm going to campaign to get s1 subbed on Netflix.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
Took a little longer this week, but finally watched ID-0 3. Still continues to be a reasonably competent and fun space mining adventure. Maya took a relative backseat (with one honorable exception), Grayman had a nice moment or two this time around, new people ended up joining the team and we got confirmation that outside of the captain's daughter, practically everyone on the initial mining crew no longer has his/her body and even this is considered illegal in addition to unethical.

I don't know whether to be slightly amused or slightly creeped out by Rick lacking a body but still feeling attraction to an adult woman, so I think her interactions with Ido will be more interesting to watch in light of how the conflict between them has more substantial ground than that. It also felt like a good way to end the introductory arc by giving us a clearer view of the foe, that being the military and two specific individuals who are manipulating events. Thankfully, neither of them are teenagers.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I watched a couple more first episodes

Sakura Quest: It was good and cute. But for some reason it just didn't grab me. If it gets a lot of buzz maybe I'll pick it back up, but I just didn't get very invested in the characters

Seven Deadly Sins: They over-censored. I get covering up full frontal nudity, but I guess they were worried that wouldn't go far enough, so they even censored the pantyshots. The show that's basically nothing but heaving titties and lesbian groping ends up having less actual on-screen titties and groping than a regular ecchi show. Also, aside from all that, it wasn't very good. Which is a shame because I liked the sloth girl

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I was really looking forward to Sakura Quest but I dropped it halfway through the second episode. It was kinda impressive how many cliched contrivances they were piling on at once, but it accentuated everything that didn't really work from the start so I was out. I hope it gets good again but I'm gonna wait to see what people say first.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There's uncensored versions of the Sins show floating around but I wouldn't bother.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Feels strange to not have a weekly :3::3::3: session with no Kemono Friends on but at least there's the interesting sci-fi elements of ID-0, the whoa sessions of Reset, and the quality that should not be of Machiavellianism.

Room Mate is garbage when all that was needed for success was to rip off One Room, maybe reverse the roles, then go mad with cliche ikemen events. Now it's like Dark Souls 2.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 26, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Room Mate is just so weird because there's no consistency in either the camerawork or what is actually happening. So the viewer being the POV character in the show is something that just randomly goes between existing and not.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

so exactly the same as one room :thinking:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

so exactly the same as one room :thinking:

I didn't watch it

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

I watched a couple more first episodes

Sakura Quest: It was good and cute. But for some reason it just didn't grab me. If it gets a lot of buzz maybe I'll pick it back up, but I just didn't get very invested in the characters

Seven Deadly Sins: They over-censored. I get covering up full frontal nudity, but I guess they were worried that wouldn't go far enough, so they even censored the pantyshots. The show that's basically nothing but heaving titties and lesbian groping ends up having less actual on-screen titties and groping than a regular ecchi show. Also, aside from all that, it wasn't very good. Which is a shame because I liked the sloth girl

Speaking of overcensorship, Souryo to Majiwaru (the sexy priest show) manages to go above and beyond the call of duty. The uncensored version only removes one layer of the garish, in-your-face censorship. Hope you've got a fetish for little ceramic fish, because that's all you'll be seeing here.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

also that giant keijo conspiracy is fake. the guy was just stressed and couldn't find an assistant, so he ended his manga. the anime sold fine (pretty well, actually) and he wasn't forced to end it.

https://twitter.com/CanipaShow/status/857254744355553281

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Art is hard.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm glad keijo guy decided to just catch his breathe instead of overworking himself, and also was not actually the victim of a giant conspiracy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'm glad keijo guy decided to just catch his breathe instead of overworking himself, and also was not actually the victim of a giant conspiracy

The coverup is always part of the conspiracy.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

chumbler posted:

The coverup is always part of the conspiracy.

Being part of an elaborate conspiracy like that seems stressful. He should take some time off to relax.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why did he have to end the manga? If Kentaro Miura can just drop a chapter whenever he wants, surely the Keijo guy should be allowed the same leniency.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why did he have to end the manga? If Kentaro Miura can just drop a chapter whenever he wants, surely the Keijo guy should be allowed the same leniency.

Because, sadly, the butt-wrestling manga is not an enormously influential cultural phenomenon that makes mad, mad bank.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Where was discussion of the Keijospiracy?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Kytrarewn posted:

Where was discussion of the Keijospiracy?

Apparently it was a rumor that got attention from a Japanese Blog.

It honestly didn't make any sense, but the Manga was ending, seemingly prematurely.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Because, sadly, the butt-wrestling manga is not an enormously influential cultural phenomenon that makes mad, mad bank.

i don't even like keijo and i think that is a drat shame

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Julias posted:

Apparently it was a rumor that got attention from a Japanese Blog.

It honestly didn't make any sense, but the Manga was ending, seemingly prematurely.

It's easy to tell if an ending is premature due to what plot threads are dangling and how much is left before cancellation. When Bleach had it's cancellation announcement, it was pretty clear that Kubo was dragging his feet due to all of the poo poo that was still happening in the series and how much time was left.

It's a shame he's ending it due to lack of assistants and pushed himself too hard. Current translations are based on the tanks and they're already up to the latest one. There's purportedly going to be 18 volumes so there's probably going to be enough for an S2, but not much else and I'm sure for a series that's run that long, if he wants to return with a sequel series or spin-off, they'll let him.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

What if the sequel is Keijo!!!!!!!!, but with dudes.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

chumbler posted:

What if the sequel is Keijo!!!!!!!!, but with dudes.

Nipple-sumo? Showtime.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

MrLonghair posted:

Nipple-sumo? Showtime.

still butts

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
He's already done a sports manga, I hope he does a butt manga in a different genre. Butts in space. Or cop butts

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ganbatte butt manga man

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

blame is really more post-apocalyptic than cyberpunk anyway

Yeah, in setting. As far as content, I like to think of it more as an artbook with a story attached, because at the end of the day it's really the setting that's the main character here. Killy is really just a proxy through which we experience the setting.

So as far as an adaptation, something more Mushishi-like is what I would like to see.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hell Girl is getting another season this summer!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-02-28/hell-girl-gets-new-12-episode-tv-anime-in-july/.112828

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just caught the first couple episodes of Granblue Fantasy and I am really liking it so far. It's a totally straightforwards adventure show and doesn't pretend to be anything else, and that works in its favor. Ive got a few issues with its art direction but they're not enough to ruin the show.

e: I just finished episode 3 and, well, this actually might be one of my favorite shows of the season. Who would have thought.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Apr 27, 2017

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

an actual dog posted:

Ganbutte butt manga man

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Adbot