Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Teamups that have become playable:

Magik

Doom

She-hulk

And I'm pretty sure all of those would have been playable at this point anyway even if they weren't teamups, the whole "being a teamup makes it more likely that the character will become playable!" is one of the dumber things gaz has said. Anyway, I personally really dislike teamups since they just add more clutter to the screen while adding extremely little to the game. I kinda wish passive Gamora (I think that is the only one without any additional ~wacky~ animations?) was better and more universal so I could just use that all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Like, I'll give you Magik.

Doctor Doom's team-up released two months after he was announced as a character, and She-Hulk's team-up was released the week before she was announced. They were very much just double-dips on art assets completed ahead of schedule.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ramadu posted:

where is mr. gaz's sharon rodgers???

work in progress

GAZMAN

asros_twitter_profile.jpg

play as ur favrit heroo hazman he iz supr good lol!

Ult: TBD
Sig: TBD
Tree 1: TBD
Tree 3: TBD
Movement power: TBD

ETA Jan 2016

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I got my 50 teamups maxed out so I don't have to think about them ever again.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
My respect for asros controlling the game has gone up since it took him 30 mins in a twitch stream to beat the elektra fight on console. He had to ask for help in order to beat it and didn't seem to know what was going on in his own game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Giedroyc posted:

My respect for asros controlling the game has gone up since it took him 30 mins in a twitch stream to beat the elektra fight on console. He had to ask for help in order to beat it and didn't seem to know what was going on in his own game.
that fight is legit bugged but lol i figured out how to get through it in like 5 miniutes

hire me gaz. i will not move to san francisco.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Congrats Marvel Heroes on setting a brand new record!

Lowest all time number of average players in the past 30 days. First time it's ever been down to 3 digits.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
When is this game releasing on PS4 so I can play with actual humans again?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Gibbering Madness posted:

Congrats Marvel Heroes on setting a brand new record!

Lowest all time number of average players in the past 30 days. First time it's ever been down to 3 digits.

ICP event.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
:plays taps:

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

Games dead except for the guy nobody liked playing it on PS4. Rad.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
hey, the PS4 release might bring in a big influx of new players! just look what it did for hawken!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Marketed Gum posted:

Please don't talk about Ajax and Lizard Man like that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

When is this game releasing on PS4 so I can play with actual humans again?
can pay money to beta test right now, but release should be a ways off. if they release the game without omega items/difficulty they are dumb as poo poo and they need time for that.

so if they are dumb as poo poo i'd say 2 months

Marketed Gum posted:

everyone loves me, i'm great.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

Their argument for team ups was that already having art and animation done for them made it more likely they'd become full characters rather than less likely, but the exact number of team ups progressing even to just being an alternate costume is zero.

I absolutely love that it went in the opposite direction and they started making teamup versions of player characters, not even counting the reskins.

HandsomeBen
Nov 23, 2006

There is no greater calling than to serve your fellow men. There is no greater contribution than to help the weak. There is no greater satisfaction than to have done it well

I don't even...

What the Oh.. My stars and garters! are you thinking?

This kind of garbage is what is turning the community against you so fast. I don't think anyone doubted that MM could be working on a new hero. As much as your work has slowed down to a snails crawl on the PC we didn't think it would stop altogether and new heroes is one of the few things that actually gets you good play still (plus heroes can be ported to console).

So, you may be trying to make light of this whole situation, but all you are doing with this is insulting all of your customers.

Your snark is basically equating legitimate concerns about there being anything more than words when it comes to meaningful development on the PC side (no a new hero doesn't count, especially before people see if its anything better than Fury quality), doubt of which derives from your own failure to produce results, with a complete irrational denial of anything said.

I'm not even offended because you lost me awhile ago (my love for the game that was it what keeps me hovering around here). But I'm confident there is no upside for this kind of snark from you right now.

Sadly, instead of taking a look in the mirror and questioning how your attitude towards the players is impacting their perception of you, you'll probably interpret this as an overreaction and retreat from talking even more, making everything worse. For your own benefit don't do that. You guys need to sit down with PR and figure this out.
[/quote]

I'm usually on board with Tumedus's posts but I'm not entirely sure about this one. I can see where he's coming from though. Probably not the best timing for a post like what Asros made.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

there's really never a good time for any of asros' posting

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Irony.or.Death posted:

there's really never a good time for asros

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

cams posted:

if you considered raids "content" then who cares what you think

Raids would be the only thing worth doing at this point

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
I don't know how someone can complain about raids as content within a day of Asros explaining that scratcher tickets are what they consider content. I've done exactly one red muscle and like half a green but I'd rather them finally finish Axis and add in a Thanos raid that I'll probably never do than drown us in costumes and fortune cards and wonder why nobody plays anymore.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

AzraelNewtype posted:

Asros explaining that scratcher tickets are what they consider content
In all fairness, Asros didn't say that; one of their bug hunter people (Gaz does have those!) did.

Unless Asros also said that, but I don't think he did.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Adding a new menu screen is ideally what Mr Gaz needs to get all their players back. We demand new content and it starts with a screen that says "Welcome to Marvel Heroes".

I could stare at it and log off/log in for hours to review the welcome screen.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Adding a new menu screen is ideally what Mr Gaz needs to get all their players back. We demand new content and it starts with a screen that says "Welcome to Marvel Heroes".

I could stare at it and log off/log in for hours to review the welcome screen.

Only if its more crotch level flybys

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Gentlemen, behold... CONTENT!

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/857320426728337409
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/857332808225669122
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/857333065797914624
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/857337244545302528
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/857337305945694208
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/857337359687274496

https://twitter.com/Asros/status/857369868705779713

cams
Mar 28, 2003

just release omega items and difficulties that is all you have to do gaz

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

cams posted:

just release omega items and difficulties that is all you have to do gaz

Sorry have to Port to a new platform for no loving reason

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If I wanted to spray crap on the floor I'd buy A Dump In The Dark.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

AzraelNewtype posted:

I don't know how someone can complain about raids as content within a day of Asros explaining that scratcher tickets are what they consider content. I've done exactly one red muscle and like half a green but I'd rather them finally finish Axis and add in a Thanos raid that I'll probably never do than drown us in costumes and fortune cards and wonder why nobody plays anymore.
Completely agree - at least raids I'll never do come with a handful of new items to grind currency for.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
All I know is, despite having just bought two fresh heroes with splinters, I'm definitely not playing this half baked poo poo until they put in the items that the game is loving tuned for.

I mean really now, how stupid is that? "Hey, we've tuned all content for a new tier of gear!" "Sweet, where does it drop?" "It's not in yet, but soon"

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Sorry have to Port to a new platform for no loving reason
nah that was a good decision marvel heroes is dead long live marvel heroes omega

godamn it is funny to name the game after a difficulty and type of item that you have not released and have not mentioned in months

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

It has nothing to do with anything but every time I see this game mentioned now, I think of Umaga.

Marvel Heroes Umaga.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lol sprays that are just fuckin text just when you thought they couldnt get any lazier

delete your loving company

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It has nothing to do with anything but every time I see this game mentioned now, I think of Umaga.

Marvel Heroes Umaga.

i think of #MAGA

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

punchymcpunch posted:

i think of #MAGA

If what I've heard about Captain America lately is true, so does Marvel.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm impressed they're not even making their own artwork for sprays anymore, just low res comic titles. Great

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Who's the target audience for this? I don't get it. Who gets all excited about sprays and flourishes and blaaaah!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sprays would be fun if they stick around for like an hour or two. Or even ten minutes. Instead they're gone after 2 seconds so who gives a poo poo

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
But look at all the new content we get to play with you guys!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

They need to do three things really:

1) Take all the team ups and make them playable.

2) Release the new items and changes in the pipeline already.

3) Add some new playable levels, assets, zones, whatever it is.

When we were pretty active, the new character release seemed to always bring people back, at least for a little bit. The marvel universe is bigly yuge and I think if you asked most people what they want to do, they just want to dominate with superheroes.

In my opinion, and I could absolutely be wrong here, they should have never, ever abandoned the 12 chars per year model. It kept people logging in every month.

Why they did 4 Falcons, and 3 Groots TUs and couldn't make them playable for their fans is painstakingly baffling.

I want to see success but the roadmap drives me bonkers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Who's the target audience for this? I don't get it. Who gets all excited about sprays and flourishes and blaaaah!

noone, it just lets them reset the 'days since new content added' sign and make snotty posts about their hard work