Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

Chicken has never tasted so good. I deserve this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Buane posted:

Well, after a riveting three minutes of laying motionless (apparently the circle stops shrinking once it hits its final size!) one of them gets bored and throws a smoke grenade to break up the monotony, which reminds my dumb rear end that I've got exactly two frag grenades in my inventory. Two beautiful prone lobs later I pick up my dumbest win ever:

if you wait long enough the circle will just disappear and blue will cover everything

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
This game's performance is so so so bad at 720p and all low settings on a computer which can handle basically every other recent AAA game just fine :(

16 GB RAM, 1060, i7 6700, IDK what's so wrong with it.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So the most enjoyable thing could be loving with players dug into houses. You either hear their footsteps or hear them running around looting a house. Start running around the house breaking random windows and opening and closing exterior doors. They always seem to hide upstairs waiting. It's even better if you can get in and lob a smoke grenade to the stop of the steps.

I usually get killed anyways cause I am bad at videogames but it's really enjoyable playing the shining with their mind until they kill me.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Fusion Restaurant posted:

This game's performance is so so so bad at 720p and all low settings on a computer which can handle basically every other recent AAA game just fine :(

Obvious question but when was the last time you updated your drivers?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Buane posted:

Just recreated the end of The Good The Bad and The Ugly at the end of a solo game with the dumbest mexican standoff ever. Here's the final circle, and the final 3 left alive:

Now we just need taller grass with player physics applied to them so I can recreate the sniper fight in Banshee.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Do you have an SSD?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
To be honest, the kind of performance drops I'm hearing about seem to mostly be hard drive speed related.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Ran over my entire squad over in a panicked daze last night after taking some gunfire. Drove the UAZ to the circle and cowered behind it as it got shot at and blown up. Hid facedown in the grass only to have the circle shrink on me twice and everyone forget there was still a terrified goon hiding behind the jeep.

Somehow I survive until the final two, my squad roasting me the whole time, and see the last guy running straight towards my jeep. Peek around, double tap with the over-under, get my first squad win to stunned laughter. GG EZ

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i moved the game from my platter to my SSD this morning but haven't noticed any appreciable difference

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

dylguy90 posted:

Ran over my entire squad over in a panicked daze last night after taking some gunfire. Drove the UAZ to the circle and cowered behind it as it got shot at and blown up. Hid facedown in the grass only to have the circle shrink on me twice and everyone forget there was still a terrified goon hiding behind the jeep.

Somehow I survive until the final two, my squad roasting me the whole time, and see the last guy running straight towards my jeep. Peek around, double tap with the over-under, get my first squad win to stunned laughter. GG EZ

I was part of this and it was amazing.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

I'm running 8GB, a 970 and an i7 2600 so you outspec me in pretty much every possible way, and I get 60+ FPS at 1080. Game's on an SSD, though.

Turns out my framerate issues before were due to a pretty major underlying problem; my CPU was underclocking itself to stay cool because the goddamn heatsink had come loose and its thermal paste was a gross, dusty mess.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Try one of these style guides:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/57808...#scrollTop=1600

Cause either your drivers or old or the game isn't set up correctly. I've got 16 gigs, a 1070 and a 2600k and unless I'm driving I'm generally getting 50/60 fps.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Running in the field, paying attention to all the things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukVUwc8DQ0g

Bang3r
Oct 26, 2005

killed me.
tore me to pieces.
threw every piece into a fire.
Fun Shoe
Was playing with a full squad last night and we had all just landed and grabbed the nearest Dacia, I had a sickle I forgot I had equipped and I clicked while in the back seat and I almost murdered my entire team because it hit all 3 of them.

We went on to top10 but still... they were very angry.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Won another match because we lucked out pretty decently with the circle. Did not have to move much.

https://streamable.com/pqulk

Side note: always pick up smoke grenades and frying pans. They're the way to go. We had at least 2 sniper bullets blocked by a pan.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Apr 27, 2017

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So I just picked up this game today, it's fun as hell, but I was wondering how you guys handle the actual mechanical process of looting? I find it really awkward to hit I whenever I wanna loot stuff. What's a good key to rebind it to?

Also my best rank after a few games is 7/96 so far :3:

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Just hit tab to see everything on the floor around you. Right click to pick it up.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Heaven Spacey posted:

So I just picked up this game today, it's fun as hell, but I was wondering how you guys handle the actual mechanical process of looting? I find it really awkward to hit I whenever I wanna loot stuff. What's a good key to rebind it to?

Also my best rank after a few games is 7/96 so far :3:

You can hit tab instead. It's also default open inventory.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Looting is also super laggy when you first drop so you might have to try it a few times

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Killed a guy with a 12 gauge as he stormed in to the building I was stopping in to look for healing supplies. 10/10, game good. Runs pretty well for me with most stuff set to low and doesn't really look too bad with that anyway.

EDIT: Oh, first game I was trying to find my bearings and died in a fistfight. Second match I finished #11 just because I was chasing the circle too damned much.

Intoluene fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 27, 2017

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011
Was watching a stream tonight and as they transitioned to the plane someone was playing Fortunate Son over their open mic. That was pretty cool.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

That is very much not going to be your typical experience in the plane with voice on.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

When you win a game like that, you feel pretty bloody amazing.

I had some amazing firefights throughout the game. Early on I just had a kar98k with one clip and nothing else, managed to headshot a guy trying to rush me with a pistol. He gave me a vector which I already had a silencer for. After that I was able to kill 5 more people on the way to the middle, 2 in head on firefights, two I sniped out of nowhere and one I ambushed in a house. When I got to the final circles I had a fully upgraded kar with an 8x and a 4x, as well as a totally pimped vector that had saved my life on multiple occasions. The last 5 minutes were really intense, I was basically in a running battle the whole way into the final zone. I actually managed to chew through nearly 200 rounds of .45. Vector so hungry.

Like many final circles we all ended up in a triangle, but I seemed to have the only long ranged weapon so the other two were playing it safe. One threw every grenade he had at me but didn't seem to know exactly where I was. Grenade guy then tried to crawl through the grass and I popped him in the head, but took some hits in return. I didn't have time to bandage as the other tried to rush me but I dropped her with a lucky snap shot for the game. It's not my first win but I haven't had that many kills in solo before and I am still coming down. Getting so excited and tense at the end of any game is such a weird experience.

I had so much red bull and painkillers my guy probably had a heart attack after killing the last two.

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 27, 2017

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
I'll try the optimization tricks! Ty for advice.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

jubjub64 posted:

Was watching a stream tonight and as they transitioned to the plane someone was playing Fortunate Son over their open mic. That was pretty cool.

That's a miracle on the scale of Jesus supposedly rising from the dead

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
It was a custom game with a password if it's the same stream I saw.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Man this game is really hard once you're down to the final 10. It's hard to even move without someone spotting you. I can tell being in good position at that point is a huge advantage.

I've played about 10 games so far and #6 is my personal best. Fun game.

Bareback Werewolf fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 27, 2017

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

jubjub64 posted:

A goon was doing that every game the other day, can't remember who tho

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This is a fun game

I feel like I can never find optics though, and I haven't found the right balance for circle chasing vs holding up

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Just got third place. One guy who I almost killed managed to take cover behind a rock in the final safe zone. He got distracted by someone else so I started moving up then he one shot me with an AWP :negative:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I really need to remember to use my smoke grenades when people are shooting me and I don't know where they are.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I really need to remember to use my smoke grenades when people are shooting me and I don't know where they are.

Remember don't throw to cover you. Throw to where you think people are to block their view.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Smokes are awesome when you just throw them as distractions. Just won a squad game because we were able to throw 3 or 4 smokes between us to cover a field crossing in to some high ground that the circle eventually closed on.

jubjub64
Feb 17, 2011

Raged posted:

That's a miracle on the scale of Jesus supposedly rising from the dead

Oh, almost immediately people started singing their worst rendition of the lyrics like the choir from an insane asylum.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Someone started playing YMCA during the countdown and then during the plane ride. That man is a hero.

zipzilchzero
Jan 1, 2006
At least I can promise nothing.
Something I never understand in these games with bad netcode is how to deal with people bouncing around strafe dancing. It's loving maddening when I'm in a shootout and the other guy's flickering back and forth behind a corner.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Yodzilla posted:

Now we just need taller grass with player physics applied to them so I can recreate the sniper fight in Banshee.

I won't be satisfied until I can recreate the end of Metal Gear Solid 3. I WANT TO MURDER MY MOM IN A FIELD OF FLOWERS WITH MY BARE HANDS AND I WANT TO DO IT IN PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

zipzilchzero posted:

Something I never understand in these games with bad netcode is how to deal with people bouncing around strafe dancing. It's loving maddening when I'm in a shootout and the other guy's flickering back and forth behind a corner.

There's no lag or anything like that... what are you talking about?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138385798

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i killed a few dudes

Phrosphor posted:

I had so much red bull and painkillers my guy probably had a heart attack after killing the last two.

this is basically how i feel in real life after every winner round I get tbh

• Locked thread