Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

howe_sam posted:

How is Agents of Shield doing Secret Empire better than the comics books are?
Because Nick Spencer isn't involved in writing this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So even in the Framework, Nick Fury tried to recruit Coulson.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Me: Oh man I remember that smile from last week, the climax of this when Daisy wrecks everyone is going to be great

*Daisy wrecks everyone in the first three minutes and splats Ophelia on the pavement*

Me: :suspense:

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Time to head back to the real world, looks like.

I hope they bring Hope. And somehow Radcliffe, honestly; he might be the best character this show has ever written.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, Aida's gonna get a body and Simmons is totally gonna be the one to just knock her the gently caress out.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

I wonder if Framework Fitz is going to make it out -- that'd be pretty hosed up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yakmouth posted:

I wonder if Framework Fitz is going to make it out -- that'd be pretty hosed up.

What if he does and original Fitz still wakes up? Heck of a good threat for season 5.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Yakmouth posted:

Time to head back to the real world, looks like.

I hope they bring Hope. And somehow Radcliffe, honestly; he might be the best character this show has ever written.

Could also bring back Ward.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Rhyno posted:

What if he does and original Fitz still wakes up? Heck of a good threat for season 5.

Tricky needle to thread, I think, how would having two Fitz's work, exactly? Right now we have all the 'real' people hardwired directly into the simulation, are we imagining that AIDA control-c'd their brains just in case? I'm not saying I'm against the idea, mind you. However this plays out, Leopold is going to be all kinds of messed up (assuming he is getting out).

This is what I'm loving about this season -- I mean it's obvious the good guys are going to 'win', but I don't even know what winning looks like at this point. Shut down the framework? Keep it running? Rescue Hope/Radcliffe/Tripp/Ward?

One more thing: is it just me or did AIDA look genuinely upset she survived dying in the Framework? You know, because it's a reminder she isn't really alive like Mace and the others?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

lol what happened to the 2 guards next to Madame Hydra?

May going from literally Hail Hydra to full sympathizer just because Mace died still fesls really sloppy.
Did you miss the multi-episode arc where she always, always, always breaks The Framework?

Show continues to rule.

Codependent Poster posted:

Mace died saving a kid that May put in danger. So she's thinking "uh maybe the group that doesn't mind killing kids isn't so good" while the other one has their leader sacrifice himself to save them.
In keeping with the fact that May's big regret is killing a kid. Show rules.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If I want to watch the show now (which sounds pretty good) should I watch the previous seasons or can I come in at season two or something? I ask because I know a lot of people didn't like the first couple of seasons as they found it boring.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

JBP posted:

If I want to watch the show now (which sounds pretty good) should I watch the previous seasons or can I come in at season two or something? I ask because I know a lot of people didn't like the first couple of seasons as they found it boring.

Well, those people are wrong, but you can skip the first half of season 1 and not really miss anything. Bingewatching the first season isn't anywhere close to as painful as having to wait for each episode to be aired was, though. It really picks up when Hydra is unveiled, it turns everything previously established upside down and goes off the rails in a delightful way.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

JBP posted:

This show (and season 4 specifically) is very very character driven -- if you aren't invested in their stories you're going to wonder what all the fuss is about.

My take is that it's worth the slog through the first third of season 1; when I was watching back then I didn't find the early episodes boring so much as frustrating -- like they weren't living up to their potential. I think just knowing it pays off would have made it easier.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
All right I'm going to slam on season 1 and binge through it a bit. Knowing that it's all going to turn up will get me through anything a bit tedious, as there's nothing worse than doing that and worrying that poo poo is just going to get worse and you're wasting your time. Thanks dudes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The main thing that makes the first half of the first season watchable for me is knowing that they were on-board with the Winter Soldier plot but were completely hamstrung from foreshadowing it at all. "Watch 15 hours of show, it gets good later" is a Hell of a thing to say, but the early episodes still have good moments.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
1. Use machine to give Hope to Mack.
2. Use machine to give us back Ward.
3. Season 5 teaser: Fitz, free of Aida, finds his real life dad, puts six bullets in him, arrested for murder.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Loved the little scene with Fitz and his bastard dad. What's bastard dad's job title, anyway? PA/head fucker-upper?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Creative Consultant.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

I think he's head of security. We first see him in the basement with all the security footage.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Here's my wild prediction

They manage to get Trip back to the real world. Fitz comes back but has a lot of issues because of how evil he was in the framework. Simmons is all upset and what not, and then totally gets together with Trip. Because remember how they totally had a thing.

and cause Trip is the best

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 26, 2017

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

lol but seriously I posted:

Loved the little scene with Fitz and his bastard dad. What's bastard dad's job title, anyway? PA/head fucker-upper?

He's best buds with the almighty, and he's pretty sure you're hosed.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I like that instead of running away from the framework, they realized that the only way out is to destroy hydra, again.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

timrenzi574 posted:

He's best buds with the almighty, and he's pretty sure you're hosed.

:aaaaa:
Holy poo poo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, Terregenisis giving a full heal is neat. It's never been done under duress so I guess I can't be surprised though.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

howe_sam posted:

How is Agents of Shield doing Secret Empire better than the comics books are?

because it's not written by people like Nick Spencer who would rather be pals with Nazis than be criticized from the left.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

howe_sam posted:

This loving show redeemed Grant loving Ward

I mean, that's why DC keeps doing billions upon trillions of different universes right? Anything is possible?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The Framework/Hydra World storyline couldn't have come at a better time. I love all the jabs at Trump they're putting in.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

1. Use machine to give Hope to Mack.
2. Use machine to give us back Ward.
3. Season 5 teaser: Fitz, free of Aida, finds his real life dad, puts six bullets in him, arrested for murder.

No jury in the land would convict him.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

achillesforever6 posted:

Plus its going to be like Big Trouble in Little China where she dies immediately and in the most anticlimactic way possible

Ideally run over by the porkchop express

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

The Framework/Hydra World storyline couldn't have come at a better time. I love all the jabs at Trump they're putting in.

Hydra has the best alternative facts.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Chokes McGee posted:

No jury in the land would convict him.

Alternately, Simmons finds FitzDad, ties him down, repeatedly kicks him in the balls.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Good Ward will be made into a human then become evil after everyone is a total dick to him

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Did they have an image of Bill Paxton on the cable news when the team was taking over the news room? Also like the Victoria Hand callback instead of Garret being the one to visit Grant in prison and turn his life around.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Burning_Monk posted:

Did they have an image of Bill Paxton on the cable news when the team was taking over the news room? Also like the Victoria Hand callback instead of Garret being the one to visit Grant in prison and turn his life around.

Yes, they did. That was loving AWESOME.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Burning_Monk posted:

Did they have an image of Bill Paxton on the cable news when the team was taking over the news room?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Aww that makes me happy-sad.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
How is this show so good?

I mean, I like season 1 when it was airing because I'm a huge nerd who loves Marvel and Whedon shows. But what we've gotten from this series is nothing short of amazing. I'm glad those first handful of episodes were so formulaic with the stock archetype characters because seeing the growth of everyone has been special.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
As soon as I saw the cold open no rly factor, all I wanted from this episode was alternative facts. Shield did not disappoint.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Azhais posted:

Ideally run over by the porkchop express US Ace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

PunkBoy posted:

So even in the Framework, Nick Fury tried to recruit Coulson.

So Coulson's regret was joining SHIELD. He doesn't join and the MCU plays out differently because he isn't there to unite the Avengers and Cap isn't there to stop Hydra from taking over the world in Winter Solider.

• Locked thread