Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Oh and an important function of the lame uncharted worlds in ME was that they broke up the galaxy map. You'd do some clicking and reading on the galaxy map, go drive around and maybe shoot stuff or maybe get bored, and then go click on the map some more. In MEA you can click the galaxy map for four hours without running into any other gameplay. So nobody does it, naturally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
:nws:

No wonder they didn't let them on the Normandy!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:lol: the expressions really sell that

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tenzarin posted:

No wonder they didn't let them on the Normandy!

and then Peebee was born.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
This Reyes Vidal motherfucker waited for me to go into outer loving space before inviting me to a party in the same dinky shithole we were just in.

gently caress this game. I was going to finish the movie night quest but I can't handle any more fetch quest loading cinematic bullshit.

No choices you make don't matter, the setting is bland and makes no sense, the ending is the most predictable wet fart possible.

I want these hours of my life back. I'll probably keep playing the MP a bit since combat is actually fun, but gently caress...

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Kaysette posted:

This Reyes Vidal motherfucker waited for me to go into outer loving space before inviting me to a party in the same dinky shithole we were just in.

gently caress this game. I was going to finish the movie night quest but I can't handle any more fetch quest loading cinematic bullshit.

No choices you make don't matter, the setting is bland and makes no sense, the ending is the most predictable wet fart possible.

I want these hours of my life back. I'll probably keep playing the MP a bit since combat is actually fun, but gently caress...

I think you're going to fit right in here.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Kaysette posted:

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

The quest sequencing in this game writ large is loving dumb but yes, that bit with Reyes' email is probably the best example of it.

Like I get it, they expected that people wouldn't try to 100% planets as soon as they have access to them and that stuff on Kadara happens right around the time the you get the chase the Archon quest. So I get that the devs thought 'well players will do a good chunk of the planets and then chase the archon and then everything else opens up immediately after that, so players can go back and complete the other half of every planet after that mission.'

But the pacing of the game explicitly expects people to play it in that fashion and does not account for any other approach and that, especially given the pacing of all the previous games, is like expert levels of terrible quest pacing.

e: honestly so much of this game is forgetable so maybe I'm wrong here but I think I got the 'chase the archon' quest before even setting foot on kadara, making the Reyes email bit extremely loving dumb.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Apr 26, 2017

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Hunting the Archon is the quest that makes Kadara available to travel to. The first time you leave Kadara whether or not you've done the part of the main quest there -- the dialogue is slightly different if you have -- you get access to Elaaden and H-047c. Reading the codex entries it seems like a lot of the side quests were actually not supposed to unlock until later, but it was likely changed at some point without considering all the consequences, or maybe the main quest was supposed to have more parts but was cut short (for example Drack's quest happens chronologically after the Archon ship according to the codex even if you did it before).

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The first time I landed on Kadara I immediately got a quest notification to read an email from Cora or Vetra's sister or whatever, so I hopped back into the Tempest to read it. But every crew member I ran into was like "Wow, Kadara huh? Sloane and those exiles? Crazy." I had been on the planet for thirty seconds!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Android Blues posted:

Also, what is the deal with the Roekaar? Jaal tells you that they've existed since long before the Initiative showed up, and they used to be rabidly anti-alien then too but...that just means literally they hated the Kett. Shouldn't they have been a politically neutral group until very recently if their goals were functionally 100% identical to those of the Resistance?

Inconsistent writing and/or lore.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I like how the moment you get back on the ship, they just take off without asking if that's what you wanted to do. Talk about waste of fuel.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

I like how the moment you get back on the ship, they just take off without asking if that's what you wanted to do. Talk about waste of fuel.

"Holy poo poo folks I only came back on board to change my socks and read my email, why are we back in orbit already?"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

It's cool how in 2185 we've reached the point where an email terminal is small enough to fit in a large aircraft. Perhaps someday we'll be able to read our emails in a car.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

heh

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

:stare:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ahahaha

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hahaha this one's ugly let's shoot her haha

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kaysette posted:

it's sad, I saw all the hate in this thread and I really wanted to prove everyone wrong. I wanted to say this is the best ME game ever.

That...didn't happen.

Although Kadara was hands down the best part of the game so you're getting out while you're ahead.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

BrianWilly posted:

oh, word?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
ME2 is the best one because there no drat ammo crates everywhere.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I agree, I dislike the whole commentary on the protanogist
s looks like as if we need to be beautiful to be aspace commandos

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

ME2 is the best one because there no drat ammo crates everywhere.

Theremal clips should regeneratove over time as they cool off.

I have a piece of cloth over my keyboard I'm not haveing a stroke this is a situation i don't want to have to go iubnt;

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Miranda in that comic is literally an rear end.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Arglebargle III posted:

I agree, I dislike the whole commentary on the protanogist
s looks like as if we need to be beautiful to be aspace commandos

Only the worst heroes are ugly.

Sorry I was just watching this video. The existence of this ending is yet another reason why ME2 is the best.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Though the quest itself was lame, the payoff for movie night was very :3:

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Its like they figured out perfect with ME2 then read the internet and back tracked on everything until we regressed back into ME1. Quite literally with MEA.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I just modded the PAW to fire a constant stream of high velocity sticky grenades and, credit where credit's due, that is extremely hilarious and fun. I wish they tutorialised the weapon mods system better, there is some great and silly gameplay hidden in those menus.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I wish they had anything like a test area for the guns, 'cuz I'm not gonna waste materials crafting a thing then fly down to a planet to test it to see if I actually like it...or well, technically, I did do that, and it wasn't particularly fun. At this point multiplayer is teaching me more about how the guns work than a whole playthrough and a half of singleplayer did.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

BrianWilly posted:

I wish they had anything like a test area for the guns, 'cuz I'm not gonna waste materials crafting a thing then fly down to a planet to test it to see if I actually like it...or well, technically, I did do that, and it wasn't particularly fun. At this point multiplayer is teaching me more about how the guns work than a whole playthrough and a half of singleplayer did.

Yeah so agreed, especially since you have to watch cinematics to go planetside. A firing range you can try out guns in before you push the button on building them would be great. I've definitely had a lot of dud guns that were either really useless or not much fun that I disassembled immediately after crafting.

The grenade PAW is not one of those though. The grenade PAW is a joy.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

ME was a huge leap forward for Bioware. ME:A is worse than ME in a lot of ways.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

that PAW sounds amazing

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

That DICK! posted:

Though the quest itself was lame, the payoff for movie night was very :3:

My cinema cutscene glitched out and Ryder vanished at the end. Poor Suvi sat there like an idiot with her arm around nothing

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Its like they figured out perfect with ME2 then read the internet and back tracked on everything until we regressed back into ME1. Quite literally with MEA.

All I want is an ME2 remake that changes these two things:
1. Give it ME3- style combat.
2. Allow our squadmates to wander the ship and interact, again like ME3 or, yes, ME:A.

ME2 is far and away the best game but it did have some limitations. Remove those limitations and it becomes supreme in every category.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Bioware including a godfearing scientist... (pilot? Why is she in the cockpit?) on your crew doesn't make them look more ~*diverse*~ but rather like a crew of civilization escapists, heading off to their Jim-Jones colony somewhere :lol:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

JawKnee posted:

Bioware including a godfearing scientist... (pilot? Why is she in the cockpit?) on your crew doesn't make them look more ~*diverse*~ but rather like a crew of civilization escapists, heading off to their Jim-Jones colony somewhere :lol:

Shockingly enough, scientists of intense religious faith who consider their research a way of drawing closer to God by exploring the mysteries of the universe He created and studying His handiwork are actually quite common in real life.

Also, Suvi is indeed the Tempest's copilot. She operates the ship's sensors and communications.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

uh huh

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Android Blues posted:

Yeah so agreed, especially since you have to watch cinematics to go planetside. A firing range you can try out guns in before you push the button on building them would be great. I've definitely had a lot of dud guns that were either really useless or not much fun that I disassembled immediately after crafting.

The grenade PAW is not one of those though. The grenade PAW is a joy.

You can save, then research/build them at an outpost forward station. Also, I'm pretty sure you get all or almost all of the materials back when you deconstruct these. Research points are lost forever, though. So, at least it's only the one quick loading screen.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Cythereal posted:

Shockingly enough, scientists of intense religious faith who consider their research a way of drawing closer to God by exploring the mysteries of the universe He created and studying His handiwork are actually quite common in real life

Lol not really this is just what they say to smoothbrains to not have to deal with their bullshit.

Scientists aren't really keen on massive presuppositions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Attitudes like that are both common and exactly why Suvi is so defensive about her spirituality. :v: