Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

trucutru posted:

Why all this grandstanding? aren't we all fellow scientists, lawyers, and connoisseurs of good drink and belts?

Connaisseurs. Meurs noyé dans ta chiasse beef de merde.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

Zzr posted:

Connaisseurs. Meurs noyé dans ta chiasse beef de merde.

Speak American, rear end in a top hat.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MinorInconvenience posted:

He's Toast and I'm just drunk?

Well that is actually a rather perfect gimmick. A drunk lawyer. I can dig that.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

kingcom posted:

My avatar is a mirror though??

lol

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Know that Britannia is in need of your support!

Only you can donate to save the virtues, Avatar. The more you donate, the more virtues you can have.

Valor: $100
Spirituality: $200
Humility: $500
Honesty: n/a
Justice: 2 weeks

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Agreed. DS provides a great "escape goat" for the backers who can't face reality (i.e., all of them).

Derek Smart, Judas scapegoat

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Derek Smart, Judas scapegoat

He was nailed to his Twitter account for our sins.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

The Titanic posted:

Know that Britannia is in need of your support!

Only you can donate to save the virtues, Avatar. The more you donate, the more virtues you can have.

Valor: $100
Spirituality: $200
Humility: $500
Honesty: n/a
Justice: 2 weeks

:golfclap:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

D_Smart posted:

Yup. You sure did. I have a method of reading the thread and saw your post by the time I got to that page. But that was good catch!
I can't believe you're still reading it like that considering how vastly the post volume has dropped.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

DapperDon posted:

Well that is actually a rather perfect gimmick. A drunk lawyer. I can dig that.

Maybe I should pay to change my name to GentlemanJackass.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

DapperDon posted:

He was nailed to his Twitter account for our sins.

Where are the 30 pieces of silver? The CIG refund?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So out of curiosity , how far away is the next milestone they've promised to deliver , or is that 3.0 which gives them a little bit of lee way until they miss that too (again)

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Where are the 30 pieces of silver? The CIG refund?

How do you think he paid for that Tesla?

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Sappo569 posted:

So out of curiosity , how far away is the next milestone they've promised to deliver , or is that 3.0 which gives them a little bit of lee way until they miss that too (again)

Let's see what tomorrow's ATV brings. I'm sure there will be excuses to kick out more deadlines. And move up some ship jpeg sales.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

I can't believe you're still reading it like that considering how vastly the post volume has dropped.

That's I how I cut out all the rubbish because usually once the shite starts flowing, the good stuff appears thereafter.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

That would be 3.0; and they claim it's coming June 29th. Though they've already started removing stuff from it :allears:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
For the record, I had nothing to do with this dox!

A Pennsylvania Lawmaker Just Called An Internet Troll’s Grandma On Him

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

D_Smart posted:

That would be 3.0; and they claim it's coming June 29th. Though they've already started removing stuff from it :allears:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Ok let me rephrase

When is the first round of features they trumped up on that schedule supposed to be finished

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

Ok let me rephrase

When is the first round of features they trumped up on that schedule supposed to be finished

I think by the end of 2015.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yup. I beat you to that one earlier in the thread, Dr. Scientist Smart. :grin:

Literally everyone beats him to it, he just prefers it when it looks like he's the one who discovered it :shrug:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

It's a great look when politicians call people's grandmas over internet memes.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sabreseven posted:

They are angry, full of rage, of impotent nerd rage.

Why?

Because after 6 years, they still don't have their dream game and the only way they can consolidate and compartmentalize their feelings, is by taking shots at the bogeyman that CIG left for them because they sure as hell are never going to grow the balls or spine to stand up, stare Crobblers straight in the belly and demand some friggin answers firstly to where their money went and secondly as to why he's so incredibly poo poo at guiding a company to making an actual, playable game.

FAO:
:reddit:
Reddit , you are all loving cowards, not a single one of you has the loving sack to ask the hard questions, not a single one of you posses a spine or an ounce of character or conviction ('cept fuzzys multiple ones, soon), you're all loving weak, thin skinned loving dweebs sat at your keyboards making tickly slappy fighting talk about a guy who has literally nothing to do with SC/S42/CIG bar having an opinion, "WAAAAAAAAH DS tweeted something I don't agree with WAAAAAAAAAH!!!", you absolute loving wimps pretending to be grown men. :reddit:

*This shitpost was brought to you today by a lack of coffee and no patience for fuckwits :D

If backers had put as much effort towards keeping CIG and Chris accountable as they do towards mocking Derek the game would have been out years ago. At this stage it doesn't matter. There is no game. There never will be a game. There will only be a continuation of CIG's failures, incompetence, and pathetic mismanagement until the money runs out. The story of Star Citizen is not about how one man managed to scam millions out of eager supporters. It's about how the unbridled enthusiasm of crowdfunding enabled a man to scam himself into believing he could do whatever he wanted. And there is no better conman than one who believes his own con.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://www.reddit.com/user/zecumbe

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Apr 27, 2017

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

XK posted:

It's a great look when politicians call people's grandmas over internet memes.

I think it's hilarious and kind of sweet.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Basically anyone who calls themselves a scientist without having a phD is a hack.

Science is a spectrum.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
If CR put in the same effort into making SC a game we put into shitposting here, Star Citizen might be a reality today.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

And there is no better conman than one who believes his own con.

I disagree. That's the worst type of conman. That's why this isn't a "scam" as Dr. Smart and others keep repeating. For it to be a scam, the perp needs to know it is a scam (mens rea, so to speak). While the conman should make everyone else believe him, he CANNOT become addicted to his own product, so to speak.

This is a instance of incompetence cubed. Nobody on the inside sees the full picture and everyone in the inside has this misplaced and insane hope everything will work out in the end (including Croberts). It's a modern Greek tragedy. Hubris writ large. The fallout will be loving glorious!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

oh dear

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Gentlycaressoff Zecumbiflas :patriot:

Admiral Snackbar
Mar 13, 2006

OUR SNEEZE SHIELDS CANNOT REPEL A HUNGER OF THAT MAGNITUDE

Loxbourne posted:

Sadly whorepresents.com requires a paid-for account

whore presents dot com

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

DapperDon posted:

You have a real potty mouth.

gently caress yes I do. :) Thanks for loving noticing :)

(I rarely swear in rl tbh)

gently caress, nearly forgot the taxxe:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sappo569 posted:

Greetings commando.

It appears you are trying to discuss the game/tech demo known as Star Citizen.

It's obvious you do not understand thread development.

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Admiral Snackbar posted:

whore presents dot com

Right up there with penis land dot com, expert sexchange dot com, and the rapist finder dot com.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
xD

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Right up there with penis land dot com, expert sexchange dot com, and the rapist finder dot com.

and so mething awful dot com

e: checkmate goonies TM gently fuckoff

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Wreckage88 and Bribase still believe that goons were/are orchestrating fake refunds on discord.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

C'mon Zecucumber, pay the $10 and debate with us over here, or in the likely event that you already have one, make use of your already existing account. :D

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I'm handcrafting a completionist refund, pixel by pixel as we speak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I already refunded my stuff under one of my fake accounts SCPilotMan