Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Khablam posted:

Whoever thought every scene had to be "two people sit 2 feet away and speak in laboured stage whispers" needs to be shot, and have their eulogy delivered in the same way.

Glad I am not the only one.

Johnny Truant posted:

Don't you dare badmouth anything Snake Plissken does!

Also what're y'all talking about with Sasha knowing stuff she shouldn't've? Was that in her flashbacks or whatever when she was flickin her bean in the coffin? I was literally passing out during those scenes so I don't remember poo poo about them.

While drugged in the coffin she was imagining a discussion with Bigchest McRockjaw where he plainly states they do not need to go to oceanside. IIRC, she left Alexandria long before oceanside was even known to Rick. That imaginary conversation and Maggie's rambling idiocy at the end needs to be made into a transcript so I can determine just what the hell was being said.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

So FTWD got renewed for a 4th season already. They're bringing in new showrunners to replace the current one and making Scott Gimple executive producer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fear-walking-dead-renewed-fourth-season-new-showrunners-994115

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Acacia REI posted:

So FTWD got renewed for a 4th season already. They're bringing in new showrunners to replace the current one and making Scott Gimple executive producer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fear-walking-dead-renewed-fourth-season-new-showrunners-994115

fuckin christ.

The actors aren't good enough to be able to stare at eachother and whine emotionally for an hour.

e: 16 hours

e2: Even the actors are like, "wat"

Barreft fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 20, 2017

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Barreft posted:

fuckin christ.

The actors aren't good enough to be able to stare at eachother and whine emotionally for an hour.

To be fair the actors are usually given a fraction of the time to film the same amount of content as the TWD actors are. If I'm not mistaken, FTWD season 2 was filmed in less than 2 months compared to TWD season 7 where they were given over 6 months to film.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

She convinced dozens of people to live in a loving junkyard instead of any of the readily available communities across the world. Must be some kind of magic.

I think she lays with them :dong:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Acacia REI posted:

It's hard to do much worse.

The only time the show wasn't HILARIOUSLY lovely despite the main cast being psychos was when they were on the boat. The whole "sail around, find crazy poo poo, deal with it and leave" thing made it feel like a space western, except on the water with zombies. Then the characters all went absolutely loving nuts and the show ramped off a cliff to shitsville (but a whole new lovely from the first season, which was trash for it's own fun reasons like being set in LA with precisely 1 zombie walking around at a time).

I still hold the assault on the town in Fear is one of the most hilarious things. I'm not going to call bullshit on "realistic tactics" in anything Walking Dead, but the big assault that they evacuated a huge town for consisted of like 12 dudes with rifles who crept through a zombie pit, walked right through the gate, then proceeded to get murdered in an easily choked off, defensible spot by a handful of zombies. It was even more incompetent than the first prison assault.

Two dudes with rifles in the towers could have literally killed them all before they even got through the zombie moat. Then again these were the same people that included a guy who fired 6 shots from a revolver at a horde, then decided to stand in place while slowly reloading instead of, you know, just walking away.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Apr 20, 2017

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Barreft posted:

fuckin christ.

Did Alicia dye her hair after the zombie apocalypse?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Acacia REI posted:

lmfao this is going to be such a shitshow. Oh well, I've jumped ship on regular Walking Dead, might as well watch this poo poo implode, too!

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's like how Sawyer kept getting new salon do's every time they started a new season of Lost.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Last year I made this way too long , but this is basically every episode of Fear. Screw up some settlement and jet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8ZqBKjmuI

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Last year I made this way too long , but this is basically every episode of Fear. Screw up some settlement and jet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8ZqBKjmuI

Haha I never saw this, that's pretty excellent. Benny Hill Theme would be pretty good, too. Although I think it'd be better suited to Rick/Michonne's explosive cable/zombie mosh pit shenanigans.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Fitzy Fitz posted:

No, pretty sure it's looked like that the whole time. They aren't even two months into the outbreak yet I don't think.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Just watching the finale now cause i ran out of good stuff to watch. I also ran out of bad stuff to watch, so now i'm watching TWD LOOOOOOLLLLL

Anyway, what kinda rifle is Darryl using when the tiger, kingdom and etc comes? Triangle shaped looking rifle, looks more like some kinda future rifle from The Expanse, but i'm assuming it's a real weapon.

edit: lol that fight scene was so loving goofy, the music, the choreography, the BATTLE SPEECH and the cgi tiger. episode was okay once i had skipped everything about sasha

Dongattack fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Apr 25, 2017

beyonder
Jun 23, 2007
Beyond hardcore.

Dongattack posted:

Anyway, what kinda rifle is Darryl using when the tiger, kingdom and etc comes? Triangle shaped looking rifle, looks more like some kinda future rifle from The Expanse, but i'm assuming it's a real weapon.

Its just another M4/M16/whatever with Seekins Precision stuff on.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Also just watched the finale and ugh, what a big fart.

You spend more than half the episode setting up Sasha's sacrifice which then accomplishes absolutely nothing. Rick & crew are back to being helpless with guns pointed at their heads almost immediately, the only difference is that they've moved to a separate part of the set. They couldn't decide if they wanted the Sasha rescue or the tiger rescue and decided to just do both. And then all of the named villains are able to escape, literally nothing was accomplished. 16 episodes later they are in the exact same spot they were at the end of Season 6 except Sasha and a bunch of nameless extras are dead.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Hobo Clown posted:

Also just watched the finale and ugh, what a big fart.

You spend more than half the episode setting up Sasha's sacrifice which then accomplishes absolutely nothing. Rick & crew are back to being helpless with guns pointed at their heads almost immediately, the only difference is that they've moved to a separate part of the set. They couldn't decide if they wanted the Sasha rescue or the tiger rescue and decided to just do both. And then all of the named villains are able to escape, literally nothing was accomplished. 16 episodes later they are in the exact same spot they were at the end of Season 6 except Sasha and a bunch of nameless extras are dead.

Not even extras, special corpse hires. I'd care a little if say, Carol's former boyfriend or the side character dude's boyfriend died.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a chance that walking dead will end up better with a writers guild strike since maybe scabs won't be huffing their own farts yet

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Pretty funny front-page article with dialogue from every episode in The Walking Dead condensed into a single page.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/walking-dead-dialog/

quote:

Snarky forum posters would have you believe that The Walking Dead is a wholly joyless, irredeemable series. It's not. That would be Fear The Walking Dead. The Walking Dead is more of a peaks-and-valleys experience, with peculiarly barren valleys that endlessly circle the same ground. The following lines can be found in just about any filler episode. They aren't attributed to particular characters because when the show is at its worst every character is basically the same.

"That was out there, what we were. Now it's in here, and what we can be. Don't you see? I just... when it happened... and you... that's why I have to do this. Why we have to do all of this."

"This was us. Now it's me. And you're it, all of it. (Pointing at the ground passionately) That's what this is all about!"

"No! We can't kill these people! What will we become? If we do it what are we holding on to?"

(The same character, ten minutes later) "Get out of my way! Let me kill these people! You don't understand what has to be done! We have to kill to survive! Think about it!"

"That was back then. The before. Now it's what I lost, then. And it's inside us, all of us. We can't. We have to."

"I have to go. If I stay then I'll lose everything again. I need to go and lose everything again. This is goodbye. Don't tell the others I'm sneaking out. It's for the best. Please don't come and find me in three episodes."

"No! Don't abandon the plan and go out there! Fine, but I'm coming with you."

"After all we've been through, this place could be home. We just have to trust these new people. Like the before. That's what humanity is. That's what we're fighting for."

(Obviously thinking about something they need to talk about) "I ain't talkin'. There's nothing to talk about."

"We've been out there too long. We're too wild. We need to stay here and build something lasting. Build something real."

"We've been in here too long. We're too soft. We need to get out there and face the walkers. That's what reality is now."

"Don't you get it? What we have to understand is it's them or us. It can't be all of us, or one. It's got to be us, or they become it. Then we lose what makes us we."

"We need to talk. Before, it was out there and we all were. That... (shaking) that was what it was. Sometimes it was so much I felt like I'd fall apart. Like it was all that there was. But now I know that what we are.... what we all are, is what's fighting for. And I'll go in there again and it won't change that it happened. It will always be with us and it's happening all around us, and in here (points to heart) in all of heres (points to everyone's hearts)"

(In the woods killing zombies by himself/herself, crying because the act is really about a sad thing they can't process) "RRRRRAAAH!"

"Now I know. What's in here, and what we find out there... it's all, and I can't. But together we can."

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That article needs gifs

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I automatically read that all in Ricks' voice without even trying.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, same here.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I still can't believe they hyped that poo poo show up as 'See what happened during the start of the zombie apocalypse!" Then when they got to the start of the zombie apocalypse they did a 9 day time jump.

Anyway, everyone should watch Z Nation.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shneak posted:

Three cast members have been promoted to full time characters: Simon, Enid and... Trash Lady. Prepare to see the trash people in every episode.

Can someone explain to me the cast member tiers?

Like:

Starring

Also Starring

Full time cast

Special guest

Featured extra

etcetera?

I'm sure there's more to it then I've listed, but I'm honestly a bit confused.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

can we just have negan kill everyone in alexandria except for daryl and carl and then have the show be about those three & eugene going on adventures?

everyone else in the show is some kind of retarded charisma vacuum. Rick's gang has killed at least as many people as negan's, and way more of negan's people than he's killed of their, but they're the good guys because they spend their entire lives crying instead of being entertaining.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

juggalo baby coffin posted:

can we just have negan kill everyone in alexandria except for daryl and carl and then have the show be about those three & eugene going on adventures?

everyone else in the show is some kind of retarded charisma vacuum. Rick's gang has killed at least as many people as negan's, and way more of negan's people than he's killed of their, but they're the good guys because they spend their entire lives crying instead of being entertaining.

Daryl and Carl is just gonna mope for 10 seasons straight tho after that. Negan can kill everyone, and then him, Trevor Phillips and the autistic goon, Eugene can go on adventures loving up survivors all over the place.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Dongattack posted:

Daryl and Carl is just gonna mope for 10 seasons straight tho after that. Negan can kill everyone, and then him, Trevor Phillips and the autistic goon, Eugene can go on adventures loving up survivors all over the place.

that is true. I also forgot about simon, he rules.

A show about negan & his lieutenants building a feudal/ghenghis khan style civilization after a zombie apocalypse would actually be interesting. Instead negan is the designated villain and our protagonists are a group of whining dumbasses who periodically get killed in stupid ways by zombies, or by other people whenever one of the writers accidentally leans on the 'man is the real monster' button.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
Also the depressed schoolteacher savior who loots the Kingdom. I identify strongly with him.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Passing through Woodbury on a bus right now, remembering the good ole days of the Governor

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Jesus Christ Andrea just fuckin stab him you dumbass

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Sammus posted:

I still can't believe they hyped that poo poo show up as 'See what happened during the start of the zombie apocalypse!" Then when they got to the start of the zombie apocalypse they did a 9 day time jump.

Anyway, everyone should watch Z Nation.

Yes this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huvM8rNOMas

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lmao who was being a dick to eugene

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/05/02/the-walking-dead-josh-mcdermitt-quits-social-media-/

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

What kind of dumb idiot hates Eugene?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Every bad guy in every TV show has a number of people sending them hate.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

juggalo baby coffin posted:

I think everyone but Simon and Eugene should die, and the show renamed the Trevor Phillips Zombie Wasteland Hour.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Johnny Truant posted:

lmfao this is going to be such a shitshow. Oh well, I've jumped ship on regular Walking Dead, might as well watch this poo poo implode, too!

We're getting into some real theoretical physics stuff here. Can something with substance implode?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Hey dudes! Have any of our fearless heroes died this season since episode 1? Please tell me Rick is dead.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

UmOk posted:

Hey dudes! Have any of our fearless heroes died this season since episode 1? Please tell me Rick is dead.

They all died, series is over

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

UmOk posted:

They all died in season 5 and got replaced by whispering zombies who only talk about how killing everyone they meet is wrong but also guys we REALLY need to be killing everyone we meet.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Khablam posted:

They all died in season 5 and got replaced by whispering zombies who only talk about how killing everyone they meet is wrong but also guys we REALLY need to be killing everyone we meet.

This post is more entertaining than TWD.

I would like the show better if they went in this direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9aM9Ch97U8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Thanks for reminding me they should be doing everything possible at this point to work out whether anything exists outside of Georgia.

Radio, TV, sat phones. All things you can realistically power.
WHY DONT THEY JUST PICK UP EVERY loving PHONE THEY FIND ANYWAY