Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Space Flower posted:

Everyone here is flanned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hope kosuzu lives

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
And to cleanse your palate, have a ridiculously cute chapter of Visionary Fairies in Shrine.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Golden Battler posted:

it's happening :supaburn:

I desperately need the part two of this now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Clarste posted:

And to cleanse your palate, have a ridiculously cute chapter of Visionary Fairies in Shrine.

Ah thanks, my man, the three fairies continue to be everybody's best buddies

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I also appreciate how Luna always gets incredibly excited when someone suggests a really suicidal and/or sociopathic plan like burning down the Hakurei shrine.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Gonna admit it was weird that Lily didn't show up.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I also appreciate how Luna always gets incredibly excited when someone suggests a really suicidal and/or sociopathic plan like burning down the Hakurei shrine.

I can't believe you forgot that the best fairy of light is named Star.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
How is Forbidden Scrollery and stuff, if I thought the manga about them going to the moon and the one about the three fairies were fun romps how do the more recent mangas compare

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

How is Forbidden Scrollery and stuff, if I thought the manga about them going to the moon and the one about the three fairies were fun romps how do the more recent mangas compare

The recent mangas are probably my favourite touhou mangas. FS especially.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

FS is better than SSiB and has the best art, WaHH is good too, and the three fairies are still the three fairies, but clownpiece is there now so that's a plus.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

WaHH treads the middle ground between FS and Fairies mood so I guess I don't like it as much as either of the others. It has suika sometimes though so I'll give it extra points

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WaHH isn't as consistently good as FS but it occasionally has Suika and Komachi, and often has Sanae. Which are very big points in its favour.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Darox posted:

I can't believe you forgot that the best fairy of light is named Star.

Fairies all look the same to me.

Captain Invictus posted:

If you don't read Forbidden Scrollery that means you're a filthy secondary and no longer permitted to post in this thread.

Seriously though, Forbidden Scrollery is my single favorite work in the Touhou franchise by a wide margin. It's pretty different from the rest in that it explores the whole human-yokai relationship from a regular human perspective, which goes a long in rehabilitating a lot of the yokai characters from just comical girls in frilly dresses to actually spooky and threatening monsters at times. It's appreciably more serious than the rest of the Touhou body of works, though it still has plenty of moments of levity, which I feel benefits its two-parter structure where one chapter sets up a mystery or problem before the second chapter solves it.

One of FS' greatest strengths is its protagonist, Kosuzu Motoori. Generally Touhou characters don't do that whole character development thing, which is fine for more slapstick comedy stories like the Three Fairies manga or the more simply-structured shmup stories. Kosuzu however is a relatively normal young villager whose great curiosity got her in the possession of several yokai artifacts which got her the attention of several yokai factions that seek to manipulate and influence her development to their own needs. Kosuzu is increasingly caught between the words and worlds of humans and yokai as the story ups the stakes of what it means for a human to basically reject their place in Gensokyo.

Also Moe Harukawa is a really great artist. Very rarely, like once or twice, she drew some funky hands, but generally Forbidden Scrollery looks amazing.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 26, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Awwwwwwwww poo poo son.

poo poo's getting really good!

I hope there's no deus ex machinia involved in solving this

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Sounds good, I'll toss'em in the queue.

edit: didn't need enunciation, just saying it's better than 3F and SSIB is enough. :)

also I've been blazing through Touhou music and a new collection should be ready soon, maybe even today idk

Might be two-in-one again because the folder I'm currently on is SOUND HOLIC and, well, it's SOUND HOLIC. There's like 300 files in there and it's mostly really good.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Flower viewing loving up, Kosuzu flipping roles...

This is set up for the next game, huh.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?
Kosuzu lets her hair down.

I'm seeing another reason humans from the village are forbidden from becoming youkai, though.

I wouldn't trust Kosuzu's sense of Gensokyo's balance right now. Even if she thinks she's acting for the humans in the village, this is not a good mental state for whatever's about to happen.

Seriously, with just a few reasonable changes, that full page shot of Kosuzu looks scary as gently caress.

Kevos Setzer fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 26, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a cartoon duck posted:

Also Moe Harukawa is a really great artist. Very rarely, like once or twice, she drew some funky hands, but generally Forbidden Scrollery looks amazing.

If you're largely consistent with hands, I'll give you a pass for a funky one.

Zun's so inconsistent that I don't even notice them anymore.

What I'm saying is hands are hard to do, and screwing them up is probably the least of drawing sins you could do, if you ask me.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
If Mima really is going to ever come back, this is like 120% the best opportunity there will ever be for it.

Man, Forbidden Scrollery is so fuckin' good.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I can't believe Kosuzu is going to be the Extra Boss in the new game

But really, I hope the 'suze is alright. They've been building this up for a while.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

To add onto this, Gensokyo is a world that I always thought could use more exploring, and I'm really really glad Forbidden Scrollery does exactly that.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

This is what we call in the biz, "foreshadowing"

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Someone is gonna loving die.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a cartoon duck posted:

One other thing I forgot. Moe gave us Newsboy!Aya, which is entirely my poo poo.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The GIG posted:

Someone is gonna loving die.

It's gonna be Yukari.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

iospace posted:

One other thing I forgot. Moe gave us Newsboy!Aya, which is entirely my poo poo.

Pretty much all her character designs are on-point in FS, even the ones that are just tweaks on their default outfits. Reimu's winter boots are killer. Also her outfit for Mamizou is basically perfect and whenever I see her in a non-Harukawa outfit I am overcome with a great sense of disappointment.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's gonna be Yukari.

Yay!

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

This is what we call in the biz, "foreshadowing"

She's here to get donations and exterminate youkai, and she hasn't gotten any donations.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Possible youkai-Kosuzu.... New game coming out... Kosuzu got a theme in the recent magazine music CD....

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

i love Touhou

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

Nook posted:

i love Touhou

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I love Clownpiece

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hate touhou but love clownpiece

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.

El Burbo posted:

I hate touhou but love clownpiece

This better be seijaposting or ill clean your clock

Loving Clownpiece is okay tho

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

:livintrope:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
still surprised seija wasn't in ulil

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Nook posted:

i love Touhou

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Seija wouldn't get involved in ULiL because if all of Gensokyo was getting obsessed with urban legends then Seija would ignore them completely and the incident would just not affect her at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Wild and Horned Hermit 39, in which the Moriya ropeway finally opens for business, but perhaps things are not as simple as they seem.