Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Ometeotl posted:

I'm not sure if you've since learned this, but you have to equip those car parts you're getting on the car customization menu through Cindy.

Maybe, one day, they'll put Prompto back on his default camera and disable the filters, all of which universally ruin photos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Maybe, one day, they'll put Prompto back on his default camera and disable the filters, all of which universally ruin photos.

I unironically hope they don't, Prompto taking the shittiest photos and acting like a genius is one of my favourite things

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Danaru posted:

I unironically hope they don't, Prompto taking the shittiest photos and acting like a genius is one of my favourite things

when this LP started I wanted to suggest they make "someone compliments Prompto on a really lovely photo" a drinking condition, but didn't because I wasn't sure yet how incompetent his AI would be.

as for the unfortunately placed lv 50 migdarsormr snake whatever, I could've swore it's not supposed to show up until after this quest is over (at least it didn't when I played) but regardless it was pretty hilarious watching you try to fight it. omnis lacrima (the battle music that plays for large non-demons like the snake) also owns, imo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This is such a dry game. It's a bit of a shame how stiff and restrictive everything is.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Pretty anemic game over screen. No "and they were never heard from again" even.

:lol: the Ronin

This is a good game.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 27, 2017

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Kuvo posted:

gently caress

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

RareAcumen posted:

This is such a dry game. It's a bit of a shame how stiff and restrictive everything is.

I have to say that the game looked pretty interesting when it was just starting out, there was a big open world free to explore... unfortunately it turns out that it is full of mind-numbing, tedious, and repetitive side-quests, so the open world lost a lot of its charm quickly.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

There was some pretty good music as you went behind the waterfall.

But because it's this game it was absolutely wasted and out of touch with the setting.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Raised by Hamsters posted:

Oh thank god this isn't dead. Please keep playing this stupid game for us.

We will finish this game, don't worry. It may take an entire year but we will finish it.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

topiKal posted:

We will finish this game, don't worry. It may take an entire year but we will finish it.

famous last words

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Lunethex posted:

famous last words

To be fair, Kuvo is likely doing anything possible to stall the inevitable Persona 5 LP.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I was the cranky old man who sat in his rocking chair yelling about this game right before it came out.

"They made us wait infinity years--I don't think it's going to live up to the hype!" said old man Shinjobi. I was laughed at, ridiculed, and reminded to stop being so dang cranky.

These videos make me feel so smug it's kinda ridiculous. Like, XV doesn't look like a bad game, really. But gently caress...if I had waited as long as I did, paid as much money as you have to for this game + any DLC, and this is the final product? Cranky isn't the right word for it. The game feels like a huge let down.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That's a cool spider design. That peacock skin flap is so wavy.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Calihan posted:

To be fair, Kuvo is likely doing anything possible to stall the inevitable Persona 5 LP.

But Persona 5 is an actually fun game with somehow less bullshit and filler than this Mementos included :confused:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Persona 5 also has a cast of characters who possess genuine personalities.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Apr 27, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

I was the cranky old man who sat in his rocking chair yelling about this game right before it came out.

"They made us wait infinity years--I don't think it's going to live up to the hype!" said old man Shinjobi. I was laughed at, ridiculed, and reminded to stop being so dang cranky.

These videos make me feel so smug it's kinda ridiculous. Like, XV doesn't look like a bad game, really. But gently caress...if I had waited as long as I did, paid as much money as you have to for this game + any DLC, and this is the final product? Cranky isn't the right word for it. The game feels like a huge let down.

Yeah, it's not MN9 bad but it's like...Sonic Lost World, I suppose.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!

Ometeotl posted:

I'm not sure if you've since learned this, but you have to equip those car parts you're getting on the car customization menu through Cindy.

Well the timestamp on the save file shows that this was recorded in Feb, so :unsmigghh:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

:(

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Well the timestamp on the save file shows that this was recorded in Feb, so :unsmigghh:

Kuvo posted:

gently caress

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
We had trouble for awhile but we actually recorded some more last weekend and are going w/ Mike again on Saturday so we should have some more consistent updates the next few weeks :love: :love: :love:

Basically we've been trying to record with Mike as much as possible because it's more fun with all three of us.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

topiKal posted:

we've been trying to record with Mike as much as possible because it's more fun with all three of us.

Every groups needs its Prompto.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Take a drink if there's an NFL Combine joke :kheldragar:

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.

topiKal posted:

We had trouble for awhile but we actually recorded some more last weekend and are going w/ Mike again on Saturday so we should have some more consistent updates the next few weeks :love: :love: :love:

Basically we've been trying to record with Mike as much as possible because it's more fun with all three of us.

I don't suppose we could ever get Alex back in on the action some time, could we?

Someone has to gently caress this game. :saddowns:

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

topiKal posted:

This is a good idea. You guys are much goofier as a trio and goofiness is the only good response to this travesty of a game.

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010

Lt. Conquistador posted:

I don't suppose we could ever get Alex back in on the action some time, could we?

Someone has to gently caress this game. :saddowns:

Sadly if I remember my :siren: :spergin: TIPPING FORTIES TRIVIA :spergin: :siren: right Alex had nope'd out well before the group went their separate ways due to distance. I imagine anything short of a new Mario Party wouldn't get him back.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: HUPGATES :frogsiren:

Qonas posted:

Sadly if I remember my :siren: :spergin: TIPPING FORTIES TRIVIA :spergin: :siren: right Alex had nope'd out well before the group went their separate ways due to distance. I imagine anything short of a new Mario Party wouldn't get him back.

Short version: Mike, Ryan, and myself all ended up moving to San Francisco while Alex still lives in Arizona. He didn't really "quit" so much as T40 was no longer a formal group. We just decided to do FFX-2 as a goodbye thing and he didn't want to suffer through another long RPG. We're all still friends but I doubt he'll be joining us unless he decides to visit SF sometime.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
wait

why does this have nier's soundtrack

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

Gamerofthegame posted:

wait

why does this have nier's soundtrack

They've been patching in more music to coincide with new releases as a promotional thing. Nier Automata obviously added Nier music, the Gladio DLC added a couple tracks from his campaign (also composed by Keiichi Okabe), and the most recent patch added some stuff from a mobile game no one's ever heard of but did a FFXV event recently.

I'm hoping for more XIV tracks when Stormblood comes out next month.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Bean Bandit is a pretty good OVA. Shame that Gunsmith Cats Bulletproof is poo poo.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
I'd actually probably buy a PS4 (also for bloodborne) and this if I could just have it cycle through Spotify playlists or mp3s.

GTA San Andreas came out like 13 years ago I don't loving understand how we have regressed so badly, but the answer is probably just "profits"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
So many strange design decisions.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Friendship Littlesword.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So, while I love the mariacchi costume for prince nightdark are there any other clothing options that are just as awesome?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Sylphosaurus posted:

So, while I love the mariacchi costume for prince nightdark are there any other clothing options that are just as awesome?

Each is uniquely terrible in their own way. Much like Nightdark's friends.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I just really realized how bizarre a Final Fantasy game this is. There's no healing or buff magic at all. It's all potions and food. That and there not really being an armor system at all.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Well, the closest is the cures you can add to the spells you make, but i am bummed theres no 'white mage' option. Hopefully if they do add luna in some way like they intimated she can be one

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Well, the closest is the cures you can add to the spells you make, but i am bummed theres no 'white mage' option. Hopefully if they do add luna in some way like they intimated she can be one

I mean I can understand the lack of it. Blink or Vanish would absolutely destroy the combat in this game, and throwing a Berserk on Gladiolus would be fun but overkill.

Wow, that would actually be way more interesting, actually. As would not being constantly forced out of the car and allowed to run enemies over. Hmm.

Edit: Also Vyv sounds like Forrest Kayson from D4 to me.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 5, 2017

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I don't think Blink would be that effective, at least during trash mob fights where 15 attacks are going off all at once. Congrats, you dodged 5 attacks for chip damage, get ready for another 10 to stack up. Even big daemons or bosses have combo attacks where Blink if its just one or two shots wouldn't help too much.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

RareAcumen posted:

Edit: Also Vyv sounds like Forrest Kayson from D4 to me.

It is actually the same VA (David Lodge).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

I don't think Blink would be that effective, at least during trash mob fights where 15 attacks are going off all at once. Congrats, you dodged 5 attacks for chip damage, get ready for another 10 to stack up. Even big daemons or bosses have combo attacks where Blink if its just one or two shots wouldn't help too much.

It generally lasts for a pretty drat long time to be honest. And if that one wouldn't help then turning everything into an imp or frog certainly would. Or casting Protect on yourself so you can stop getting flung around like a Dark Souls ragdoll for a moment.

Wiseblood posted:

It is actually the same VA (David Lodge).

Holy poo poo, I actually recognized someone!

• Locked thread